Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do you spot a "player"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 76
view profile
History
How do you spot a playerPage 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Over the years the whole "player" thing has gotten dumbed down.

That's what happens when women get involved.

But you're right -- used to be a player was someone who mattered. That's the way the word is used in business, or in sports. Take the NFL... there are true players, and then there are guys like me who are most definite non-players. Same with business, where there are lots of wannabees and fakers and posers and people trying to play out of their league, whereas a player is someone who has what it takes to be in the game, someone who should be taken seriously, someone who is skilled and capable, someone who belongs in the game. In these areas being a player is a Good Thing.

So it's funny how the word got twisted around to mean the opposite.
 mossbgone
Msg: 77
How do you spot a player
Posted: 1/30/2010 3:29:30 PM
I believe a player to be someone that comes on strong and then acts preoccupied.
It is as if they try to hook you, then let you dangle and riggle. It is a tedious game that adults seem to have to play, what a waste of valuable time!
 Ependa
Msg: 78
How do you spot a player
Posted: 1/30/2010 4:02:20 PM
Playas make me laugh. There is a really hot one that has been trying to get in my pants for a year and a half, lol. He's super sweet and a ton of fun, but he is a manwhore and that is just SO not happening, lol. He's pro sports so he travels and sleeps with women in every city. I'm sure I'm the only one he isn't sleeping with cause he is a total hottie.
Playa is just having fun and though he wants to be serious sometimes, just isn't. Hopefully , as in my friend, doing it honestly and up front so as to not leave a wake of broken hearts =)
 Vannili
Msg: 79
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 1/31/2010 8:11:35 AM

If you go to a bar with one of these guys you will not hear one word of truth come out of their mouths when chatting up women. I had a girkfriend who was a scary good liar. These guys are not good liars, they just shamelessly lie.......about everything.
They treat women as something to be used and thrown away, feed them nothing but BS and women eat it up.

There are two kinds of women that live in this earth ,the novelty woman and the quality woman.
The Novelty woman are so attractive,but once the losed their novelty they are discarded like a cheap plastic toys..
A Quality woman is treasured and cared for like a lamborgini Car.

Talk about guys that are good on luring a girls with lies, the truth is the girls** ears are not listening to their words **,but their senses and eyes are listening to guy's charms,sensuality and sexyness they maybe an average Joe ,not really handsome and a liar but they know how to play a winning hand, it is the animation that they are projecting that hynotized women drunk or sober to be laid by those guys.. That is the truth.. Vannili
 Fifi47
Msg: 80
How do you spot a player
Posted: 1/31/2010 12:59:20 PM
Most of the players I have known have been average looking to most women, and they sure knew how to work the charm and personality.
 Ender330
Msg: 81
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 2/1/2010 10:26:49 PM
Hmm...well...for me I find it more fun to have all the qualities for a good player along with the money and experience and not use them to play women. I guess maybe I didn't have all the charm skills and finances when I was younger...and was kind of NERDY. Got a lot of rejection...

I guess I like when a women really wants me but can't seem to get at me. See with me I don't have to lie or make things up...I live my life...I'm the truth...and that is so much more fun then having to make things up. I make things happen...not make them up.

So maybe I am a player...but it's not about sex...sex is easy...it's finding someone who is real and worth slowing down for or taking with you on this grand adventure we call life!

Godspeed...
 Minau
Msg: 82
How do you spot a player
Posted: 2/1/2010 11:46:29 PM
When his 3 children all look like from 3 different women and then send me a long email asking me out on a date
 santeria
Msg: 83
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 2/2/2010 6:50:49 PM
Does he have a number on his jersey?
 Vannili
Msg: 84
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:10:38 PM

Does he have a number on his jersey?

Yes ,there is a number on his jersey ,front and back it is sixty nine ,Is he a player of poker( he has a poker face )or football ????
 cityfangels2010
Msg: 85
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/21/2010 2:30:53 PM
i was p[layed a couple of weeks ago . with a dumbass . pay attention on what they are saying . if they call you back with known number , or when you go home from the guys house check online they would be online right after you leave their house . and when you call they dont answer duh. another red flag they talk bad about their ex . and they are not sure if they want to see you again , . oh and before you go out on a date with them they dont call you to set up the date . red flag . they will say i am a bad boy . i can make a book on it . never sleep with a guy on dfirst date unless you want that . dont drink to the point no judgement . the players better start getting better because i am so on to them , if you feel like your chasing them and no chasing back . its not worth it ladies .
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 86
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/21/2010 7:08:11 PM
Yup - Even guys that are really old or broke still wannabe players. They are so pathetically sad when they realize they can't get away with anything anymore. Once found out they will run and hide with their tail bewteen their legs. You know their biggest fear should be the new girlfriend talking with the (supposedly) old girlfriend. It can be a very enlightening conversation. Face book is a wonderful tool!
 kailania
Msg: 87
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/22/2010 2:13:25 AM
everything looks golden....
but when you get closer you see that its really fools gold.
thats what a player is like..
they want to appear to be the real thing...
but they are fakes. faking it to get what they want.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 88
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/22/2010 11:45:25 AM

never sleep with a guy on dfirst date unless you want that . dont drink to the point no judgement

so take responsibility for your own behavior. how revelatory.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 89
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/22/2010 4:21:55 PM
never sleep with a guy on dfirst date unless you want that . dont drink to the point no judgement

so take responsibility for your own behavior. how revelatory.

You can cling to "The Rules" all you want - I want to know a man through & through before I give my heart & body (yes - it's a combined package). I went on 5 dates with a guy and never slept with him - good thing, because the day after the 5th date I got a call from his supposedly ex girlfriend that he was still diddling. There are no guarantees when it's all going to unravel, but TIME really sorts out the men and the boys. Given enough time, the real chuckleheads show themselves & also eliminate themselves. I don't have to say a thing to them. I just sit and laugh at how complicated and drama filled they end up making their own life, while I'm waving goodbye & blocking their email addy, phone number, & "unfriending" them. Like voting them off the island.
 cityfangels2010
Msg: 90
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/22/2010 5:11:21 PM
i agree with you . i wrote them off and even block their emails . another one is if he quick turns off his pc . when he sees you coming . and he calls you back with unknown number . and when you call him back and he does not answer. mmm. the thing is we have to be strong because sometimes . they will try and call you after a while when you are over him and dont care l . dont do it get rid all contacts . numbers emails . whne you felt like he played you . because he will only do it again
 Erota
Msg: 91
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 12:23:29 AM
You can always spot a "Player", if that's what your looking for....hint hint...the irony on "looking for"..Stop worrying on how to spot a player, and focus on how not to spot a player, and then you might not have such a hard game to play!!! Everyone gets played in life, love, relationships..That's what makes you stronger and thus more experienced in behooving yourself next time...Don't hate the player, nor hate the game. KNOW the game!
 cityfangels2010
Msg: 92
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 11:00:40 AM
sweetie . i cant not always spot a player . they can come off as a gu that likes to listen and undestands you . but i been reading and looking for the red flags . it seems there is more players . it will get to the point were no one will want a relatinoships . i rather have no one than get played . i call damage goods . i dont like a guy tell me i am the crazy one or have mental issues , just because i bust them or dont want to play the game . i do respect players if they are honest and their intentions . but when they are not up front about it for get . it makes women that are decent not to trust guys
 Rarebird76
Msg: 93
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 11:45:42 AM

i cant not always spot a player . they can come off as a gu that likes to listen and undestands you .
lol

but i been reading and looking for the red flags . it seems there is more players . it will get to the point were no one will want a relatinoships . i rather have no one than get played .
Or maybe more women will finally wise up and quit wanting what the player is selling and instead take the normal guy who doesn't say and do everything to create the perfect fantasy for you. Oh that's right......those guys aren't interesting enough......'no chemistry' and such yada yada.

i do respect players if they are honest and their intentions . but when they are not up front about it for get .
What do you REALLY want? Is it possible you LIKE players but just can't come to terms with the fact it's a game for them?
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 94
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 11:46:14 AM

i do respect players if they are honest and their intentions .

a player is someone who misleads in order to get sex. how can someone be honest and still be a player?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 95
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 12:12:10 PM

a player is someone who misleads in order to get sex. how can someone be honest and still be a player?

Well, by that definition of player, they can't, that's for sure.

But 'player' is often commonly used to mean someone who is effective at picking up women. And doing so does not require misleading. Even without misleading, many people have a natural disdain for that. IMO:
a) Some guys don't like it because it's like the guy who's ultra-into winning almost every time, whenever you play them in ping-pong, basketball, or any other one-on-one sport.
b) Many girls don't like it because it can be seen a high probability of manipulation, but even then, I don't think it ends there. Many women don't want to be seen as "easy" -- in any light. Control, individuality, I am special, etc. If a guy is known to have the ability to sweep many girls off their feet, there's an assumption of a guy not looking at a gal with individuality, but as an object in a 'game' (hence, him being a player).... because she'd just be ANOTHER girl.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 96
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 1:30:31 PM
^^

^^Right on Confident. You nailed it.

And because most men have no clue how to work it with one woman, much less several, the player tag is bandied about frequently. I don't give to gobs of worm spit what guys post here. Most would kill to have this skill. The disdain from men is usually jealousy. Then it becomes hate when the player gets what someone else wants.

yeah, a player is someone who has success with women because he knows how to give women what they really want - a confident, masculine man (often not the same as what they may say they want) -an effete, wussy doormat.

Casanova was a"player", Don Juan was a"player" but both have been revered for beign great lovers, etc.

women say they hate 'players' but they often are more attracted to them than 'non-players' in reality. They will have hot sex with the player, then talk with the non-player guys (their male girlfriends), bytch and moan about how the player won't be her doormat, then go back to f*ck him again & again because he serves a need for her.
 cityfangels2010
Msg: 97
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 4:06:58 PM
what a min . most of the players are average looking men . and little ding dongs . most player i read up on as low self esteem. and the last one pampered me in bed with soup and cuddled all day watching movies .
 cityfangels2010
Msg: 98
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 4:15:54 PM
i agree sweetie . i think they are the worse ones . becuase for along time we thought of players as a playboy guy . now its the average joe with a small ding dog most of all i think they are players because they are afraid of rejection or someone screwed them over . now women are playing men . so deal with it . lol but what sucks is the decent women and the decent men getting burned . the problem is know one will every know who is a player or not . and the cycle starts over . . onces i was a player . vut i sucked at being a player . so i quit .
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 99
view profile
History
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 4:34:50 PM

now its the average joe with a small ding dog

the more this one writes, the more her use of 'player' looks like just another sour grapes card dealt. if a woman can be 'played' by such a pathetic character, what does it say about her?

this guy's real 'crime' was not wanting her as much as she wanted him, methinks. high school nonsense.
 cityfangels2010
Msg: 100
How do you spot a player
Posted: 7/23/2010 5:38:45 PM
all i am saying its not clear cut and dry anymore . no he wanted me . but isaw red flags and got rid of him . more girls need to get a back bone as well . i just telling people how i spot players . i been online long enough to know . so i not wasting time nor someone else wasting time
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do you spot a "player"