Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What happened? All of a sudden no emails because of "a few extra poun      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynnie
Msg: 66
What happened? All of a sudden no emails because of a few extra poundsPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Talk about delish' ^^^^
I'll kiss that bald head anyday..no, not that bald head..jeez
 38Nascar
Msg: 67
What happened? All of a sudden no emails because of a few extra pounds
Posted: 2/22/2006 5:22:29 PM
Posting a "few extra pounds" doesnt keep me from getting email, and it does weedout the men looking for a "Barbie Doll", because I'm certainly not looking for Ken....
 Man of Ink
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:17:26 PM
I put a few extra pounds to account for the mass of my member. Is that wrong?
 nasajack2003
Msg: 69
Your right Cynnie its all about perception
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:41:14 AM
Hey Cynnie...come on over here...give me a smooch ya cute little filly!!
 Sweet Treat
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:19:05 PM
Many, many overweight men cannot find that anymore, it evidently doesn't do a thing for that part of mens' bodies, unlike boobs.
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:28:17 PM
I agree that with saying an extra few pounds and not posting a picture it leads people to wonder just how few is a few pounds.

So email guys you are interested in and send them a photo.
 Sweet Treat
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:40:22 PM
Princess Naughty, That is exactly what I do. So if anyone here would like to see that I am not a 400 lb woman, let me know. I am not having any trouble getting dates btw~~~~~~~
 maddyanne04
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:41:59 PM
I think this post is hilarious...thats really all I had to say...loved it
 maddyanne04
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:47:12 PM
Not to be rude and cause discontent...but either Payson was truly burned by a female, or he just is too dillusional about women to want to find a great relationship. Honestly Payson, not being rude, just concerned about what seems to be an incurable bitterness toward the female race. And I am not refering to only this post, I read your profile.
 Diana619
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/7/2007 6:50:28 PM

I cannot put my pic on here due to my job.

Just curious as to what kind of job do you have that does not allow a single woman to post her photo on a dating site? Why is that their business? Think I'd be finding me a new job that doesn't dictate what I can do in my own life.
 lilangel33
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/7/2007 6:52:09 PM
Maybe you could state in your profile that you will attach a photo when asked for one in an e-mail. I know many guys do that.
This way no one will see it except the ones you intend to exchange e-mails with or find an interest in . Just a thought. I never read the further posts.

It's the inside that counts anyway , or suppose to be. and one can often know that by the profile and the first few e-mails...I like to see a picture when I write to people it helps me to relate to the person I'm writing to.
 brock11
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/7/2007 8:20:43 PM
Fair or unfair a lot of people will think "prefer not to say" or "few extra pounds" + no pic or just a face shot = fat/obese. A lot of men would date a woman that is actually a few pounds overweight.
 marbear2007
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/7/2007 8:24:01 PM
Hell ima THICK GIRL and i love it.. i mean really if ppl dont like you for being thick then what the hell they aint gonna like you skin and bones either.... thats the way it goes i mean be who you are .. if your a thick person then be happy with who you are .. dont change just because of guys or someone that dont like you b/c your too big but really think about it ... you change to being skin and bones and i mean your still going to find ppl that dont like it.. either way you cant win for loosein.... just be who you are and if you want to change change for yourself not someone else... thats my opinion.... what can i say i love me for me lol.. really!!!
 rustytalent
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/8/2007 4:47:49 AM
It's interesting they always have a 'few extra pounds' option, but don't ever have a 'extremely skinny' option. I personally like a voluptious, curvy women, not skin and bones.

The problem is perception as some people pointed out. The 'few extra pounds' tag is heavily abused by both sexes on these sites. I am not a mean person at all, but I saw someone on one site who's profile said they were 5'2" and 200 lbs but had a 'few extra lbs' selected. To each their own, but I think that is more than a few extra lbs.
 caroliane
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/8/2007 4:33:03 PM
sweettreat
It seems like men can say average and have a gut. Athletic means they walk to a bar stool. A few extra pounds means they haven't seen their feet in years.

I say put what you want to put. If the guys on here can't tell what they are, why should we be so hard on ourselves!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What happened? All of a sudden no emails because of "a few extra pounds"