Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SmartSarcasticSweet
Msg: 245
How good mother's lose custody todays?Page 14 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
A good mother won't lose custody of her children. I think there's something missing in the original post. Some part of the story is not in there. Even in this day in age, it's incredibly difficult for a father to get more custody than the mother without there being some extreme mitigating factor creating that.

On a side note...once you separate from your partner, most stay-at-home mom's have to get a job and contribute to the financial aspect of raising their children. The courts don't really look highly on someone who expects someone else to financially provide for them just because they don't want to. I'd love to be a stay at home mom too, and yes that would be the ideal situation for the child as well, but I understand that my child needs me to get out and provide for them. IMO anyways...
 Jaimes004
Msg: 246
How good mother's lose custody todays?
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:27:09 AM
Why should one parent have more time with child than the other? In the marriage are we not supposed to be equals? Why deny the child equal time with each parent given the parents are both "good"!

The statement made about who was the primary care giver, and who should get the primary custody is b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.!! Most of the time, men are a victim of circumstance. In the first year or so the man can not do the things the mother must. And this is the time where she stays at home while the father works, and has the least time with the child. And often times, the man has a higher salary, and the COUPLE make a MUTUAL decision about who should work and who should remain with the child. But then when a divorce comes into play, the man becomes that victim of circumstance.

This topic fires me up like you would not believe......joint 50/50 should ALWAYS be the decision unless one of them is proven unfit, not having to prove you are good enough to have your child. Divorce for a man is like being in a court case where you are guilty until proven innocent. I am very happy to see things beginning to change!

So to the women losing custody, or only getting 50/50, cry me a effing river...welcome to our world!
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 247
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:02:08 PM
Not every mother is fit to have custody just because she stays home with her kids? Most likely there is a reason why she lost custody, Women who do work do all those things while working fulltime with kids, So lost their kids? Is what we want to know and what was the reason?
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 248
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:19:59 PM
I've known plenty of stay at home moms who were LOUSY mothers... the fact that someone is the primary caregiver does NOT automatically make them the best choice for the custodial parent... Like a previous poster, I'm THRILLED to see the system making adjustments... Dads no longer get every other weekend... 50/50 means splitting the time "as equally as possible". The only exception is when one parent is PROVEN to be unfit.
 island_mel
Msg: 249
Posted: 4/29/2012 10:43:05 PM
wow 77 you sure know lots about this stuff, are you a lawyer?
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >