Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LucOberdere
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Is Transcona realy part of Winnipeg?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
But the question really is: Is East Kildonan the in-bred cousin of Transcona?
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 59
Is Transcona realy part of Winnipeg?
Posted: 1/3/2009 7:58:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nope, that would be Elmwood
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:56:32 AM
Chucky!!! We actually agree? We have found common ground on our dislike of Rod Black. Let's start an anti-fan club of Rod Black!!
 ChuckNorris1
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:43:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

where do I sign up?

Of course, this common ground will last only until such a time as you and DTC resurrect the Troy Westwood thread.

Hey.....come to think of it...........Rod Black.....Troy Westwood........two marginally talented guys who've made careers out of riding other people's coat tails..........you don't suppose they were twins, separated at birth, do you?
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/5/2009 2:11:52 PM
It's quite possible...I guess Troy never grew in the 'stache tho.

I see a F@cebook group starting up in the future...lol
 FoxInSox2
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/5/2009 5:47:33 PM
Mr. B's is truly awesome. And walking distance from me. Sweet.

FoxInSox2
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/12/2009 6:59:49 PM
Hey chucknorris1:

Ironically, I moved to Transcona from the Maples. I prefer Trans because it's quieter at night, but the quality of assault rifles they sell here pales in comparison to the Maples. Well, we all have to make our sacrifices.
 armaegis
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 8:10:54 PM
A couple years ago there was a Transcona Student Association at the U of M. I guess they felt they were special enough to warrant being an official UMSU student group.
 ChuckNorris1
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 6:56:05 AM

I prefer Trans because it's quieter at night, but the quality of assault rifles they sell here pales in comparison to the Maples.

Dude.........assault rifles are not required in Transcona, as they are considered an overly sophisticated, panty waist, "River Heights" way of doing things. Typically, weapons of choice, however, DO include:

- broken beer bottle. Make sure you don't spill any before you break the bottle to engage it as a weapon, however, as this will result in considerable loss of Transcona-street-cred. Always make sure you finish your beer first!

- the average female in Transcona grows her fingernails to 3" in length by the age of 13. This allows them to gouge out the eye of any foe (real or perceived, depending on the amount of crack consumed in the previous 6 hours).

- empty can of Lucky Lager.........filled with sand........placed in sock and swung at one's enemy...........this gives new meaning to the term "gettin lucky in Transcona"....which is usually reserved for closing time at the Spike.

- 5 words..........."railway tie to the forehead"

Hope this helps you acclimatize to doing things the "Transcona way" in terms of arming yourself.
 ChuckNorris1
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:03:24 PM

A couple years ago there was a Transcona Student Association at the U of M. I guess they felt they were special enough to warrant being an official UMSU student group.

ok...........two words I never thought I would see used together......"Transcona" and "student"

Transcona Student Association at the U of M.............well, I guess the good thing is, it was probably pretty easy for them to find a spot to meet, since they could fit their entire membership into a 4' x 4' cubicle.

Hmmmmmmmm..........I'm thinking the over/under on the average GPA for that group would have been what....1.3?

I mean, I didn't realize that the U of M was offering courses like:

Faculty of Physical Education: Advanced Ditch Digging

Faculty of Sociology: CN workers vs. CP workers - who can drink more?

Faculty of Anthropology: The wall in the men's washroom at the Pandora - The Rosetta Stone of East Winnipeg

Faculty of Business: Running your own booze can for fun and profit

flyin-high
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:59:20 PM

The wall in the men's washroom at the Pandora - The Rosetta Stone of East Winnipeg
Scoff all you want… but that wall has proven to be invaluable in deciphering ancient cultures.

Terms such as: Can you dig it, boogie down, and keep on truckin, were once incomprehensible. Thanks to indelible markers and the mens washroom at the Pandora, we have a much better understanding of the ancient ones from the 70’s.
 Full of Sparks
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/13/2009 1:41:46 PM
Don't you have to belong to a support group if you've been to the pandora?
 flyin-high
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 12:14:45 PM
Here’s a well written and thoughtful article for the people who may not be familiar with everything that Transcona has to offer.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Transcona
 ChuckNorris1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:30:07 AM
Just thought I'd bring up a blast from the past.......since it's time for the annual Hi Neighbour Festival in Tranny Town....................although, like I've said before, if you live in Transcona, you just naturally assume your neighbours are high..........
 Belle Requin
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:41:53 PM
I think the only stereo types left with any truth are transcona has easy girls and lots of ukranians. There are those of us from Tcona though who aren't easy and managed to graduate high school without getting pregnant or an std.

St James is the other end of the city. Hell, when I lived in Tcona the only times I went to Polo were en route to Edmonton...
 bigbennyt
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 6:39:29 PM
Transcona is the blue-collar community of Winnipeg. Transcona was it's own city from 1961 to 1972 when they became part of Winnipeg. They have a museum that is actually kinda fun to go check out. We take the trip once a year to drink at the local dives, see the run down woman and main street.

Transcona became most popular (especially for the jokes) with the old Buffalo Bills (now Tavern United) and The Oak (Bullwinkles, Safari, Rum Jungle, My Bar) at the Canad Inns. These night clubs were known for rowdy evenings and easy woman. Upon closing (2am) the club lots always offered many fights, guns and public fornication. Transconians are known for working hard and then not coming into work the day following payday. There are several good quiet pockets which people have since moved into due to rising cost of housing in the Kildonans. This has caused a gradual increase in Transcona's realestate.

Transcona remains predominantly blue-collar for two reasons. The railway does absorb a large amount of the work force and the location is at a distance that makes transportation to secondary education facilities more difficult. Transcona's educated population continues to gradually grow. I can't believe you are still reading this BS...:P
 edjoecdn
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:48:11 PM
There's one in every crowd ^^^^ Ya feel kinda sori for him...

But it's been proven... it's the water.!!! .... Those that drink/ drank and continue to drink "enhanced/ enriched" water ( barley pops ) have faired better off now that the cops don't beat them about the head anymore...
 DAKOTATRUCKCOUNTRY
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/17/2009 1:42:24 AM
Years ago, before Winnipeg went Unicity, Transcona, was a seperate sub-burb like the rest of all the sub-burbs of Fort Garry, St. Vital, St. Boniface, St. James, and such.

Now that Winnipeg has gone Unicity for years, all of those sub-burbs comes all under the name of Winnipeg, so, Transcona is now considered Winnipeg, even tho it is probably still called Transcona.
 WeR1
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/29/2009 3:55:19 PM
Just wants to know if MKD crossed the border and tried a hotdog from Whistle Pig yet

MyKidsDad66
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2009 4:23:08 PM
Sadly...no. I was there at the big high neighbor party with my kids once, but we didn't make it to the Whistle Pig. Our passports were on the verge of expiring so we had to hustle back and missed out on the Whistle Pig.

I WILL make it there if it is the last thing I do.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/29/2009 4:42:42 PM
holy crap, you two still alive?.......................
 DAKOTATRUCKCOUNTRY
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/29/2009 5:47:08 PM
"Was Transcona at one time a seperate place? "

Yes Transcona was, like the rest of them, until they all went Unicity, over 30 years ago, now it is just plain called, Winnipeg.

Probably much better this way, then having seperate entities.
 d_voted
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2009 8:28:53 PM
There is a reason that Winnipeg advertises itself as the center of Canada. That is because if those people in Toronto found out that Winnipeg was actually the center of the universe they would all want to move here.

Let's keep it our little secret - don't tell them.

If I am correct about my initial premise then it stands to reason that Transc0na is just slightly off center. Therefore it also follows from the aforementioned that I am exactly where I am best suited being - slightly off center.

Keep groovin' - I am
 ChuckNorris1
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 7:07:08 PM
So I had an idea for a new reality TV show.............filmed at the Pandora (although the Spike or the Royal George would work just as well)...............film a typical Saturday night along the unholy trinity of bars............

I'm thinking we call it "The Biggest Boozer"
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/24/2010 8:01:48 AM
Ideally, the winner would have to drink themselves into a coma.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >