Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raicor
Msg: 140
Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Some men, many?, either confuse lust with love, say it as perceived condition to continue the relationship or are not honest, with everyone involved.

If I were a female the first questions to men would be how much research has been accomplished with regard to emotional intellect. Assuming the female has done so as well. always interesting that people understand that they require some form of education for most everything else???

Realizing something not quite "right" maybe the first step. :-)
 happy_in_pink
Msg: 141
Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?
Posted: 6/15/2012 6:39:57 PM
There are always red flags. You must keep your eyes open and follow your instints.
 GoSox1967
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/16/2012 12:08:37 PM
Neville_1940, what i don't undertand is how I built a relationship for over 2 years. We talked, and listened, and grew into being in love. I took every penny I had to get a beautiful apartment for us to live in, I became his business partner, he always told me he had no red flags of any problems with me, he told me he never loved anyone like he loved me - that we were soulmates. I went to work one morning to find an email that we needed to talk. He had met someone else and decided he would be better off moving forward with her rather than me. He insists he was not looking for someone else - he was training her to get into our business and one day she broke down in tears, he gave her a hug, started kissing her. He supposedly took a few weeks to think things over and made his decision. He says from that instant something clicked. That was a month ago and he is already moving in with her. He claims that he really meant everything he ever said about loving me and being together forever - he never meant to hurt me like this. So can a man really love a woman, kiss another woman, and suddenly switch to loving her instead? He insists that it is possible because it happened to him.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/16/2012 12:57:51 PM

So can a man really love a woman, kiss another woman, and suddenly switch to loving her instead? He insists that it is possible because it happened to him.

So sorry ~ what a sad story. Unfortunately? Yes, this can and does happen. Didn't happen to me exactly as it did you, but one day, he came in and said that he'd been having sexual orientation issues for a looooooooong while and he'd made the decision he'd rather go with the other team. I couldn't fault him on that note. I do believe he probably shouldn't have been with me to begin with, but at some point in time, he recognized what his choice was going to be, he filled me in. He went on with his life, I restarted mine. This man you speak of very well may have meant what he said to you ~ sadly, sometimes our feelings about/towards/for someone change and not always in the way we (or they) would like. JMO
 thememories
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/17/2012 3:02:20 PM
love is when you get excited when he calls, you miss him,the sex is great,you tell each other your secrets,you care about each other,you love his smell,you love his fat little belly,you love how relaxed he makes you,and its all about staying together during the ups and the downs.
call me old fashioned but thats what it is to me.
 TheFamine
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2012 4:09:28 PM
Why do men say I love you and then dump you later?

That's an easy one to answer. Because at one point they loved you, and at another later point things happened and then we didn't love you anymore, and decided you'd be better off with someone else.

Happens to guys like me too, nothing to sweat.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 146
Posted: 7/17/2012 9:10:30 PM
totally agree. I was told many times by my ex bf that he loved me, but then he was so quick to fall out of love with me! I didn't understand it all. One week he would love me then the next week he didn't! It was an emotional roller coaster of a relationship. I'm so scared now that if I get into a new relationship and the guy tells me he loves me, wtf am I supposed to do? Is "i love you" such an unimportant phrase that we just throw around and toy with ppl's emotions without truly understanding how much we're hurting the other person? Like cmon..I think from now one, actions need to speak alot louder than words! Cuz words aren't enough anymore!
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:58:07 PM
Guys say that crap all the time its up to you to know what it is and when it is true if you dont then your screwed. For me actions speak louder than words so when a guy says that, it means nothing to me and I dont believe it until they show they do. Those 3 words are only powerful when they are followed by the true behavior of it other than that they are just words.
 dearsweetthing
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/17/2012 12:05:31 AM
My man adored me, he was the love of my life, he gave me a proposal ring and then he dumped me out of nothing, and married someone else.

I am heart broken, I am in so much suffering.
 RecordeLaMorte
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 1:23:02 AM
Even if someone did love you and you laughed and treated them like a joke there is no reason they would stick around. I understand what your saying and i agree for the most part however actions cant just be done once its an ongoing process not to mention people have different ways of showing affection and love what you might not perceive as an action or sign that they love you might for them indeed be an obvious gesture and sign of their affection.

And some men have a problem showing affection because its looked at as not manly or if you show affection to soon then you risk being considered needy and you have be careful and pick up on all the "signals" that women like to say they send which are pretty much only good for women to see if another women is interested in her man us guys are pretty much oblivious to those things.
 Alzheimersmate
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/20/2012 6:18:01 PM
Oh God, Really.
This is the most pathetic thread I have ever seen.
The walking wounded trying to care for the blind.
Why do people buy Fords, why do people eat chicken nuggets, why do people leave their kids at home while they go out and wiggle their butt in front of a near stranger.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 151
Posted: 8/20/2012 7:14:51 PM
lesser, more insecure men say whatever they think a girl wants/needs to hear in order to bed her.

real men bed women without pretentions cuz they are men.
 blueeyesin609
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:39:07 AM
I don't think you can say all Men do this, I for one whould not tell someone that I love them if I truely didn't let alone knowing those worlds mean alot and it takes a real man to only say it if he means it.
 angelaussie
Msg: 153
Posted: 8/21/2012 10:41:55 PM
I totally agree with you . My ex told me how loved me at least 10 times a day, but his actions didn't reflect his words and actions are what count...words are meaningless and often abused and after a while, saying I love you is like saying hello or goodnight...it looses it's meaning.
 OldSpice48
Msg: 154
Posted: 8/21/2012 11:18:21 PM

For the same reason women do it...
 XxXPrototypeXxX
Msg: 155
Posted: 8/21/2012 11:35:05 PM
Because we as human are stupid and i dont give a **** how smart you claim to be. We all do stupid things we say stuff thats not really concrete we tell each other "we love you forever". Then you or your partner change or the spark is just gone. Its different if its a whore or man slut thats just using you for the time being thats a hole other level of disrespect and every ****ed up thing somebody does to you always comes back to get em twice as worst. The only thing i dont like about the breakout is some of the girls i been with lies and makes excuses not to call or hangout as much then you slowly understand that shes trying to break up with you. Id rather have them break up I dont want to keep em from being unhappy how fun would it be to in a relationship with a unhappy person all the time i just wish they would be straight forward about it
 XxXPrototypeXxX
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/21/2012 11:37:12 PM
and excuse my typos i should be sleeping
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 157
Posted: 8/25/2012 7:52:49 PM
Just to get some nukie...come on men will say anything to get ladies in bed, even I LOVE YOU, because they know that women are weak when it comes to relationships, trust me if a man dumps you he doesn't love you, especially if it's for no apparent reason!!!!! You asking WHY something is in regards to men, is like asking WHY is the sun hot, it just is that's all, and the sooner women realize that we are never going to get the answers to our WHY questions about men, the better off we will be...
 melodyof_k
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/26/2012 2:29:54 AM
Boon dock saints message and
Angel of Honesty.

men (not all) will say anything to get a woman into bed.

that is not love.
 _Kurisu_
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/30/2012 2:36:03 PM

Why do men say "I Love You' and then dump you later on?
Why are men afraid to show a woman their love with their actions?Why can't men walk the way they talk?From now on when a man says "I LOVE YOU" to me, I will laugh at him and treat him like a joke.He could say those 3 magic words to me a million times and it won't mean anything significant to me UNLESS he shows me his genuine love for me with his actions.Words alone are not enough & actions speak louder than words.

Why do you women go for these men?
 brisco414
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/30/2012 3:50:01 PM
As per The Famine: "Why do men say I love you and then dump you later?

That's an easy one to answer. Because at one point they loved you, and at another later point things happened and then we didn't love you anymore, and decided you'd be better off with someone else."

^^^^
Actually they decide "they're" better off with someone else.
 hotrodius
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:46:24 PM
vicwhit Bravo. I know how you feel, i feel in love with someone that had lots of issues, only to find out she wanted me for my money. Once she found out that i figured her out that was it. This old Heart has been broken real good this time. But i will never give up wanting to find my true love. They say there is Woman for every Man, i will still hold on to that hope. As Warren Zevon once said it's never too late for love.
 MaccaFan
Msg: 163
Posted: 2/8/2013 1:38:03 PM
Oooo, grab some popcorn-this looks like it could get interesting....lol

Why on earth would you put all of this on a public board???
 melodyof_k
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/8/2013 7:01:43 PM
maybe cuz they are still in love.
or maybe cuz the woman is really really pizzed off at him.
ps......to the woman who wrote who the poster is...you can get banned for writing another posters name on these boards.
just to let you know for any future posts you may make.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >