Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rosylyn
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
well siad my fella did that to me 3 weeks ago.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 117
Why Do Men Say I Love You & then dump you later?
Posted: 9/6/2011 3:13:45 PM
Why do women do the same thing?

Why does a man give all he has and beyond, and it's never enough?

You're asking the unanswerable.
 TheWonderingGuy
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/6/2011 8:28:31 PM
"You know women do the same thing. They fill your head with what they think you want to hear so they can further their goals of finding greener grass while keeping you on the hook in case the grass turns out to be brown.

It's not a gender thing its a character flaw that many people have. I don't have any advice on how to avoid these types of people because I run into them myself on occasion. Just keep your head up learn from your lack of judgment when you chose this loser and move on."

+1

I've sat there with a hook in my mouth happily waiting for some sociopath to pay attention to me. Live and learn...
 Manysmiles22
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/9/2011 8:49:49 PM
I've lived longer than any of you & had two unique and similar experiences in the past three weeks. I'm not sure how & when you know for sure you love someone, but you better figure it out if you really do. Now that I am recently widowed, I have had a high school boy friend locate me and tell me from 2,000 miles away that although he loves his wife, he has loved me for 50 years & that I am the only woman he was ever "in love" with. He was too shy to tell me then & just wanted me to know it before he dies!! Believe me, I would have married him if he had only told me when we were younger.

The other guy, who lives 800 miles in the other direction, told me that he should have asked me to marry him when I got divorced 34 years ago, because although he's been married twice, I am the only woman he's ever really been "in love" with too. This is "really" helpful now. They are both married. I 'm not.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/10/2011 1:53:06 AM
Just something they say and they may feel it at the time. Or to get you into bed!!
 NotHereRightNow
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/10/2011 4:34:03 PM
Why do men do this
Why do men do that
Why do men not do this
Why do men not do that
Seriously, just because one(1) guy treated you like garbage, doesnt mean all men will, you cry a river, build a bridge, get over it, brush it off and on to the next one.

Oh, and stop asking dumbtastic question about things that women do as well.
 4x4guy95348
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/14/2011 7:17:48 PM
The same can be said for a man that shows love through deeds. Once a man shows it and confesses his love for a woman and it isn't acknowledged and appreciated. He put himself out there...

Yes, Love means many things but when it is only one person doing the loving, it sucks.

You can know and feel love for a person...but if that person doesn't give the love back then it becomes impossible to receive it.

Words are an affirmation that the feeling of Love exists. Look around you, is he adding to your life? Is he caring for you? Where does he spend his time? Just like you stated, Love shouldn't go unnoticed.

Peace,
R
 helloooder
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/18/2011 8:01:52 AM
You are so right when you say not everyone knows how to love. The question should truly be "Do I love myself?". Some of us in the unconscious mind don't truly feel worthy and we end up taken things out of context. True love can weather any kind of storm, whether there are hurtful words or even the hardest of times. We can say those 3 words repeatedly but do we truly believe them for ourselves? Or are we looking to convince ourselves until we truly believe it? We need to understand that we are worthy of love and deserve to be loved before we can really receive or find our true love. We must stand unafraid and without judgement, have no expectations and just embrace the moment. Live in that one moment of love and allow ourselves to become what love truly is. Fall in love with who you are and you won't expect to be filled by someone or something else who will never be able to fill that void of love that you so desperately are in search of. Who are you to say what Love truly is? Or maybe your understanding and interpretation of love is just unrealistic.
Lovingly,
In LOVE with Life ;D
 larissan04
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/19/2011 8:23:41 PM
yeah, actions speak much louder then words, and yes, there are men that will tell a woman whatever she wants to hear in order to get what he wants from her. not all men are like this, of course, so perhaps it is the task of all of us to learn to better weed out the playas from the guys that actually mean it when they say, " i love you." just don't let a past hurt make you a guarded person who is afraid to let go and really love someone. love is always a risk and you have to be willing to take that risk.
 dyanna2011
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 4:58:07 PM
This isn't just a man thing, it's a people thing... I believe that people no longer value their words. I was always taught that a person's word is the only value they have.

Also just because someone dumps you doesn't mean they cant still love you. I still love someone of the men I have broken up with in the past, I just couldn't be with them anymore.

It takes more than just love to build a relationship.
 larissan04
Msg: 126
Posted: 9/20/2011 7:19:03 PM
"This isn't just a man thing, it's a people thing... I believe that people no longer value their words. I was always taught that a person's word is the only value they have."

isnt' this the truth! you are right. well said!
 Kev_xoxo
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/20/2011 8:35:50 PM
why do men say i love you and then dump you later? hmm good question...probably the same reason that women say i love you and then dump you later...people change, feelings change, there is only 2 options, either try to work it out or move on with your life. That's why I never tell a woman I'm in love with her until she says it first. You know your in good when she tells you she doesnt want you to see other people and she's in love with you. but if you don't say i love you back watch out hahaha things can and will get ugly quick lol
 wildandfreee
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:14:45 AM
may be some say it to get sex, money and other things, or
they watch movies too much and think thats what woman
want to hear and just say it unintentionally :)
or may be their feeling changed with time until they find someone else
just a quick thought
 DomG79
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/9/2012 2:43:30 AM
Because she didn't seem to love me back.
 scpumkinfan
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/9/2012 5:17:21 AM
It's very simple....do they ACT like they love you? I don't go by anything anyone says anymore I. Go by what they do.
 2purehearts
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/9/2012 9:18:50 AM
Funny I just wrote on a post about telling someone I was in love with them..and they response was they udnerstand. till now very committal in every aspect of the relationship. He definitely is a DOER but no words....I guess this thread proves the point that anyone can say they love someone but it's what is shown that is the proof in the pudding!!

Simply put...love is complicated. :)
 jmark4
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/9/2012 11:06:43 AM
hold onto your seats; BECAUSE MEN LIE OP!

Women will believe ANYTHING a man will say when the woman is into them. I mean they could have video of them sleeping with 3 women, while going out to dinner with another, and then going into a hotel with another but if a guy says,"but I love you", then the woman will say,"now I'm really confused". lol

Well I'm not. I think if some players would tell their woman that they could fly, many would look in the sky.

Women used to be the better sex but now they are not. They lose their minds at a good looking guy or someone that is rich or famous. Look at that loser Simon Cowell. He brags how he seduces and screws famous young women and then he dumps them. AND THEY WANT TO GO WITH HIM AGAIN!

I just read 4 posts that this very same thing happened.

this will solve the riddle of men.

1. if a man's words dont equal his actions, ALWAYS look at his actions ONLY.
2. love takes time. stop moving so fast. If you move slow players lose interest.
3. when a mans words and actions are the same, you have a keeper.
 cjc1997
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/9/2012 7:34:54 PM
Really? Why do MEN say they love you and then dump you later?

How about women? You think women never do this? How about the woman I STILL am in love with who, after a great six month relationship that had everything I could have ever wanted, dumped me a month after declaring how much she was in love with me?

Stop your petty whining. You go for the wrong guys because somewhere in your past you got emotionally damaged. You women analyze men too much. Feed us, have sex with us and don't leave us. We don't ask much else.
 GinaGMoney
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:45:57 PM
HI, It has bee my experience that
men do whatever the hell they feel
like regardless if they are in a relationship
or not. So if he was with you for two years
and suddenly broke it off, maybe he got a wild hair up his a$$ to go work on a fishing
boat in Alaska...move on and forget him...
maybe he has some dark secret so count yourself lucky!!! a good one will come when
your least expect him
hugs, ginagstring
 GinaGMoney
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:47:19 PM
oooops I mean...Ginagmoney
 wildandfreee
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:57:27 PM
This thread again ,
still waiting, havent use these 3 words yet in my life
 larissan04
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:40:15 AM
jjj

i think it's more the "i just want to sleep with you" malady. it could be something more, for sure. i've seen men date a woman for a few years, hedge on the idea of marriage, break up with the woman, then immediately run out and get married to someone else.

now THAT is something i find truly perplexing...
 tygerpawn
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:57:10 AM
cause men for the most part are dogs, only thinking with their****
 BlueEyedFishie
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/15/2012 1:42:09 PM
Amen. Just dealt with this awhile back. Seeing is believing.
 raicor
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/15/2012 6:24:17 PM
Some men, many?, either confuse lust with love, say it as perceived condition to continue the relationship or are not honest, with everyone involved.

If I were a female the first questions to men would be how much research has been accomplished with regard to emotional intellect. Assuming the female has done so as well. always interesting that people understand that they require some form of education for most everything else???

Realizing something not quite "right" maybe the first step. :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >