Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you know when a man loves u?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _MetalRulz_
Msg: 70
How do you know when a man loves u?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I knew my man loved me when...he genuinely laughed at my stupid jokes...when i was undecided he remained...if only to be friends...he cried in front of me when i considered moving away...

it took me months to dig him out of his shell..but once he was out i found my soulmate.
It took me really doing some deep soul searching of my own to be able to see what he had to offer underneath all of my own short-comings...and he was still there for me in spite of them. Thats how i knew he loved me, beyond the shadow of a doubt.
 Pinkribbonsinthesky
Msg: 71
How do you know when a man loves u?
Posted: 3/5/2009 7:28:08 PM
When he gives you a BLACK AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD in your name... (Just kidding) Am I?
 forumologist
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/5/2009 7:32:36 PM
he blushes when you glance at him then he runs away
 Minau
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/5/2009 10:14:39 PM
When he drives ten hours just to see you after a fight....when he sends you an email...and the entire page is filled with the words "I LOVE YOU" written over and over again and nothing else...when you talk on the phone for hours and hours...when he writes you letters four times a week...when he follows through...when you know you can rely on him...when you know you can trust him...when he takes care of you...cooks you breakfast, lunch and dinner...I even had dinner in bed once...when he draws you a bath when you're tired...when he has a toothbrush, towel and body pillow for you at his place...when he's late for work or almost misses his flight because you wanted some good lovin' before he heads out ...when they listen to your concerns and follow through...hence the wanting some lovin' before leaving ...and when he kisses you when being intimate...the way he just looks at you but doesn't say anything...when he calls you up when he's half way across the world and asks if you'd consider marrying him...although you just had lunch with him two days earlier before he left...when he always makes himself available when you call him up for a visit.
 Audragg
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/6/2009 5:40:48 AM
Who cares ...they are too stupid to know the meaning and feeling of what that word is. Don't bother anymore women.
 *Sanscheyle*
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/6/2009 6:27:42 AM

What are the signs that tell you "He is in love with me"?

~It's the way he wants to spend every spare minute he has being in my presence.
~He uses his lunch hour to bring me chicken soup when I'm sick.
~He comes over just to brush my hair and play with my cats.
~He sees my electric bill on the table and just pays it without telling me.
~Every day he tells me how lucky he is to have me and he's never, ever been in love like this before.
~He gives me his cell phone to program just the way I like and uses my birthday to lock it out from anyone else being able to use it.
~He loves the fact that I wear no make-up at all.
~He includes me in every plan he's making for the future.
~When he kisses me, we're both speechless and dizzy.
~He took me to the beach on Valentine's day and asked me to marry him at 3 minutes till midnight.

....and that pretty much sums it up for me, OP.

Sans
 Tamara_R
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 4:33:46 AM
What about if the guy said the words "I love you" first and always said it, and then one day starts to just say "you too" when the girl says it.. and then after a convo. about it says that he's not ready to say the words yet.. saying the feelings are there but..so what does this say exactly?

1-I like you but I dont love you
2-I loved you but I take it back
3-I care about you but not ready for a relationship (this is the one that was mentioned more or less)

And what does the guy really mean when he says "Im not ready to answer to anyone." Space, and more space? Yet tells the girl she did nothing wrong..and says "we'll always be friends..etc"..?

Confused

tarvold
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:24:23 AM
... what kindirishman said ...

Sorry mate, but...

1. Nope, he just has no life.
2. Nope, she probably has better fashion sense.
3. No, he's just insecure and approval seeking.
4. Are you really sure about that?
5. Meh... dime a dozen...
6. Just a really bad idea.
7. Or maybe he has no friends...
8. Maybe... if it's genuine...
9. Or maybe he's a gold digger.
10. Maybe.
11. Yeah... I'll give you this one, but only if it's not staged...
12. Maybe... but just because someone falls asleep straight after sex, doesn't mean he doesn't love you - that would mean that you were really good (at least for him anyway).
13. Maybe...
14. Not really... she could be an interesting subject.
15. Nope. I wait anxiously whenever I get anyone to taste my food.

Seriously, I think making lists of superficial actions aren't doing anybody any favors. Guys are capable of doing everything on that list just to get inside the pants of a girl they find really attractive.

Ultimately, you just need to look behind the intentions of whatever action the guy takes. He could be arguing with you, but it could be because he loves you and cares.
 tarvold
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:29:22 AM

And what does the guy really mean when he says "Im not ready to answer to anyone." Space, and more space? Yet tells the girl she did nothing wrong..and says "we'll always be friends..etc"..?

Simple, the hidden meaning behind that is:

"I'm not ready to answer to or commit to anyone including you right now. But you're still cool enough to be friends and potentially FWB."
 that305guy
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/14/2009 9:02:21 AM
basically, when you start to dislike him.

because women these days are so flaky and they hate any kind of soul and humanness.
 parklabrea
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 9:14:11 AM
When he stops bringing his girlfriends over to your place and asking if you'd mind leaving for an hour.
 Minau
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/14/2009 1:21:39 PM
When he'll sit beside you in bed and read a paper or magazine while you sleep in When he whispers "I love you" when he's half a sleep then cuddles you. When he makes a point of not leaving your side while skiing because last time he did...you got lost. When he has a wall of pics of you along with the dog wherever he is When he starts talking...as his friends put it...baby talk...when he talks to you on the phone. When he wants miniature versions of you. When he gives you the keys to his brand new car or keys to his place. When he gets a mushroom helmet especially for you so you can ride the harley with him or get you absolutely everything you need for golfing down to the socks so you can golf with him or talks about getting us seasons tickets for hockey...I don't know if this means love...but you pretty much picked out everything that's in the condo including the condo.
 Tamara_R
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 8:29:11 PM
Thanks for the reply very much. I was assuming that was the msg until today I found out passively from his yim flaunting "i only love so n so"..yea after saying doesnt want to be in a relationship.. and yet I was the best gf ever so he said..hm kinda odd..

Also, is fwb referring to **** with? buddy lol. Oh yea and whats the point in lien to a good gurl like myself? And I still don't understand him saying he cares about me and will always be friends only to erase me of oline communications.. hm I guess if anything Im happy I found out finally.. now rather than later..

No offence but I been meeting "good guys" everywheres even here and their all shaddy? He's on this site btw yea..ha
 Tamara_R
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2009 4:07:26 PM
Hm yea technically I haven't gone to bed w/ anyone except like one person? There have been many attempted ones I won't lie lol but obviously there was a reason for not allowing it to go through or w/e. So in that respect it's good. Yes I may be a hopeless romantic but I already know what it is that I want. If only I could find some who already knows and that corresponds to my ideals or morals if you will.
 tarvold
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2009 4:52:05 AM
FWB stands for friends with benefits... but I guess your translation is a bit more direct...

The general thing about guys is that generally, they say literally what's on their minds... the main exception being when they're trying to get into your pants, in which case, they can be fairly crafty with their words and be as nice as they need to be...

Keep an eye out for our actions... they speak louder than our words.
 tattedchix
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/15/2010 2:22:21 PM
Clingy and needy....no thanks
 MarnieEdgar
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/15/2010 2:33:19 PM
Love feels safe.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/16/2010 1:38:25 PM
When he proposes marriage.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/16/2010 8:39:15 PM
When he's getting all the sex from you that he can handle and still wants to get to know you and spend more time with you!
 That Handy Man
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/16/2010 8:44:29 PM
The question is really quite meaningless, unless "Love" can be defined.

For most people, it's sadly just a farce!

How's this? If a man encourages a woman to do whatever it is that promotes a woman's growth and happiness, WHATEVER that may be,(how about ANOTHER man? lol) well, that may be some definition of REAL love.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/16/2010 9:49:53 PM

How's this? If a man encourages a woman to do whatever it is that promotes a woman's growth and happiness, WHATEVER that may be,(how about ANOTHER man? lol) well, that may be some definition of REAL love.

Hmmm..... I allow my GF to venture out sexually....as long as she only LOVES me and makes sure I know it, she can do whatever/whoever she pleases as long as she stays away from my friends and co-workers!

I do have veto power though...
 smittin
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/23/2010 3:06:54 PM
when he'll lay on the back deck in the rain in the dark cutting insulation out of your hot tub to find a leak and get it working again so that your bones won't ache so much.

That, and when you wake up and he's propped up on one elbow smiling at you, wide awake and when you ask how long he's been staring at you he says, "About an hour."
 frienddougie
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/23/2010 5:30:17 PM

when he argues with the cashier over the price check being incorrect on the tampons!

When he'll actually go to a crowded grocery store to buy them and says "no, I don't need a bag" because he wants the world to know he's buying for the bleeder he loves.
 Simon4567
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/24/2010 11:44:13 AM
If you want to know when a man loves a woman, please listen to Michael Bolton's "when a man loves a woman" song. It should give you all the information you need.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2010 6:25:45 PM
if you want to know if he loves you so-

- its in his kiss.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you know when a man loves u?