Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 78
do you look like your pictures?Page 2 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I can take three different pictures and look like three different women. I come in various shades of blonde and my face can change drasticaly with the amount of make up I am wearing. My skin also looks more even toned in my pictures than it does in real life. In my opinion I appear heavier in real life than in my pictures but have been told the opposite so who knows. Even in real life I can look different on a day to day basis depending on what I do with my hair and make up. I have long hair so it can be arranged in a wide variety of ways. I do feel I look older in real life than in my picture, they don't seem to show the wrinkles as much. Usually when I am asked if I look like my pictures, I say I can but it takes three hours to look that good.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 80
do you look like your pictures?
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:23:58 PM
Do i look like my picture? Yes more less, I mean there are instances where a camera may not do justice or may depict someone bigger then they really are.

I feel one cannot judge someone just by a pic, they got to go and meet them and try to get to know them like, thats the real beauty of a relatiosship and that is where the foundations are made, and that is what I feel we all need to understand.

Although i will admit I like to have fun with my pics sometimes be photogenic, but I still look pretty accurate to what the pictures show.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:11:49 PM
I hope so!! No one has ever said I did not or said that I looked better in my pictures (egads). Had compliments in person and on pics. Guess the others politely kept it to themselves lmao.
 sayonara7
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:14:41 PM
I look bad in my pictures...way bad, but I've seen some people who look like models in pictures and don't even resemble as close to their pictures.
 Frrosty
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:24:51 PM

Do you look like your pictures?

*shrugs*

Sometimes.

You can see that my pics span a bunch of scenarios...styles..and purpose.

(My ad also addresses this)
 schuc
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:20 PM
Well, I think I do. I'd have to go out with someone from here and have them post if they think I look like my pics!
 schuc
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:54 PM
Well, I think I do. I'd have to go out with someone from here and have them post if they think I look like my pics!
 schuc
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:26:02 PM
 schuc
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:26:48 PM
 schuc
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:28:37 PM
 schuc
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:30:39 PM
I'm sorry for the multiple posts everyone. Was getting errors when I tried to post and it was reposted multiple times. Sorry!
 ab_qt
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/12/2006 5:31:13 AM
Never had someone say I don't look like my pictures when I've met them. Perhaps updating them every few weeks/month works well
 hrider
Msg: 99
pictures
Posted: 4/19/2006 5:37:40 AM
i would like to know where to send my picture by mail.since i dont have a web cam
 Fry Lock
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2006 12:09:32 PM
No not at all; now the GOOD pictures,the ones that aren't posted for everyone to see, the ones that I WILL attach to an email if ya ask nice, yep; that's me; not interested in having a stranger come up to me and out me as the Fry....I have to keep that under wraps, my superhero image would not stand up to real pics posted for God & everybody to see......
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:31:33 PM
Well, not since I took them down... :)

But until I took my pics down a couple of weeks ago, they were all recent. I only had two up and the older of them was taken in January.

On another site I had also included one that was taken last summer, but I have lost about 40 pounds since then. A woman I went out with from that site made a comment about that and said I shouldn't have that picture up because it didn't do me justice.
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:24:59 AM
Yup, I look exactly like my pics, tee hee.
 jaqi
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 2:52:32 PM
I look like mine... usually get something like "Oh there is a god!" as most of the guys I have met have said most of their past meets weren't at all like their pics. They also say I look better in the flesh... though I bet they wouldn't say that if they woke up next to me in the morning argggggghhhhhhhh ... Thank god I scrub up well eh?

When guys compliment my photos... and some do get a little carried away I feel I have to remind them that lighting plays a big part in how they turn out and at the end of the day they are only pics....there is a lot more to me than meets the eye.
 Krystal413
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:26:13 PM
My picture must look like me because a guy came up to me last week and said "Hey, I saw you on PlentyofFish" and another guy wrote me two weeks ago on another dating site and said he saw me in court when he had a hearing (I was the reporter).

So see? I am not lying when I say my picture is current as of this month........Why post old pictures or do any of the other deceptive things people keep mentioning? I want to actually meet people in person........
 celts123
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:48:20 AM
IMO it is reasonable for a woman ( or a man ) to look somewhat different in person than she does in a photo. Pictures often just give a general idea of what someone may look like. Pictures are 2-D while humans are 3-D. Camera focus, brightness, angle etc also affect what someone looks like in a photo. It is similiar to a woman looking somewhat different because she changed her hairstyle or makeup.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/29/2009 2:29:37 PM
Nope. I look better in pictures, but have still been recognized in the grocery store.
 techgirl27
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 2:34:51 PM
Yep. My most recent pic is from Feb of this year, so it is just a couple of months old. Nothing up that is over a year old. Sometimes my hair is wavy sometimes its straightened but its the real me.

One guy I know has his original pic still up from like almost 5 years ago. He's got a bit more of a chunkier stomach and receding hairline since his pic.

And on the guys pics thing, if it shows them clean shaven, I wnat to see clean shaven. *slurp*
 victoriasnewsecret
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 3:38:47 PM
I look like mine, although I do have a knack for looking different in pictures than I do in person. I also model specifically because of that reason, so who knows.

Some guys have said I look better in person, others are I think surprised (and not in a good way ha). Who knows, I don't worry about it, I just do my own thing and have fun. If they like me they like me :)
 JenSaysHi
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:16:56 PM
I met a guy off POF who looked FAR better than the pictures he had attached to his message. I was like, "Alright, he's okay-lookin'. I'll meet up with him."
Next thing I know, I see him walking towards me and I'm having a hard time keeping my jaw from dragging on the ground.

THAT'S always a (pleasant!) surprise.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 8:24:50 AM
I look better in real life than in my pictures. That's just a personal observation though. I find most pictures usually catch me the middle of an awkward pose/face. Other than that, ya, I look like my pictures, they are only a few months old.
 TheReason_
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 1:02:59 PM
I should. I took my main profile pic yesterday, and the one of me in glasses today. I was off here for about a good 6+ months, and I see a lot of people with pics that they had like 2 years ago. Time for some updates peeps. I do have a couple that are a year old, I like the scenery in them, and one of me from waaaaaaaaay back with HUGE hair! LOL I try to put up full body pics when I can, so there are no surprises.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >