Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sewfine
Msg: 426
view profile
History
do you look like your pictures?Page 22 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I look like my pictures ... which have all been taken within the last few months or a year.
Although I have found that the men I have met on POF.... always put up younger versions
of themselves as they are also fibbing about their age! Do they really thing with the internet we aren't going to find out. After all it is starting a potential relationship with a lie. I had one guy I corresponded with for months with a strongly worded profile how he was an ex-marine and a man's man, telling people to be upfront and honest who you are and we had chatted at great lengths to me on this topic. Only to find out he had pictures from 6 years ago before he had stage 4 Cancer and no longer had an athletic body and looked much older. I have worded this in my profile to please post recent pictures and to be upfront who you are. Eventually someone is going to see the difference unless they are BLIND! lol
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 427
do you look like your pictures?
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:55:53 AM
I'm often told I look just like my photos and sometimes, even better. I've even been told that I am obviously a lot younger than 87!
 DivineBovine
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:57:21 PM
i guess i do since i was at a PoF party on Friday night - declined the name tag - and someone came up to me after i had been there about half an hour and said

"I'd know you anywhere, you're the famous DivineBovine".

i wasn't the only redhead in the room either...
 Rose_Dagger
Msg: 430
Posted: 7/17/2011 6:23:40 PM
I posted pics of myself in different settings with varying levels of makeup and clothing in hopes there would be no surprises haha and so far I've been successful
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 431
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:54:03 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<< I took this pix last week of myself after I was getting ready for work. I figured WTH grabbed the camera and snapped a few for fun. This is completely recent and MOI! I have curly corkscrew hair, but it also goes poker straight as well.
 newbeginnings460
Msg: 433
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:12:55 PM
When I meet someone in real life...like in a bar or club...I usually am attracted to the whole person. Something grabs my attention. The way he stands, carries himself, acts around his friends, looks at me, eye contact...all those things are what causes us to notice someone and feel that chemistry which is so elusive when we meet people from online.

Here, we see a picture and develop an imaginary version of what this person is going to be like. Regardless of whether they are better looking or look exactly like their picutre, I think that our idea of what they will be like and what they really are like are never going to match and that is what throws off the chemistry. If we can find a way to understand this and deal with it...we will be successful in meeting people we connect with.

So far, for me, everyone I meet, with the exception of a rare few, remain a 2D image in my mind.
 kailania
Msg: 434
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:13:11 PM
i am pretty sure i look like my pics. they are all within a few weeks to a year.
people notice me from here in the neighborhood. i dont really like that i am noticed because sometimes its from men i didnt answer letters to. or just said good luck.
i live in a small town. thats what happens.
K
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 435
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:20:46 AM
Yes. The couple of dates I have had on here made that statement. You really look like your pictures. And they looked like their's I didnt except anything differently.
 Toothy Black Lion
Msg: 436
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:06:15 AM
I will when I get another haircut
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 439
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:57:12 PM

Okay, I am over 5.6, lost a little weight and am now at 108 pounds.

Dear god in heaven, lady, I'm 5'6" and if I weighed 108 pounds, I'd be dead.

OT

I'm a paler shade of blue. But if I hold my breath? I can go kaleidoscopic.
 nonsensical
Msg: 440
Posted: 7/18/2011 5:30:05 PM
My hair has gotten lighter since I spend most weekends at the beach, other wise yep!!
 Daisyrose73
Msg: 441
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:10:58 PM
Yes mostly I hear I look better. I think because in person I smile a lot and I don't like how my smile photographs most the time. I tag all my pics with dates and update monthly or so. The full body one is older around christmas time but I've lost at least 15 lbs since it was taken so it's to the positive not the negative.
 HAPPY_B_N_ME
Msg: 442
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:10:03 AM
My pictures I keep up to date. The problem is the pictures do not show all my wrinkles and sags., so when I meet anyone from online, they say I look 20 years older than my pictures and think I posted 10-20 year old pics.meet. The thing of it is, bc i am 60, most of the men that do mail me, to start with ,are men mostly over 65, and they don't look all that good either, . I cannot figure out how to get my pictures to look exactly how I look I look to others . I suppose I need to post a picture of an 80 year old relative ..lol..maybe if I was lucky enough to meet a person , I would not hear that I posted 20 year old pics..lol..But to hear most of you say you look like your pics, I think that is great. It makes you feel more confident going in to a meet
 1pontoforadacurva
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:36:31 AM
Please my friends, my English is not so good. I'm from Brazil and would like to meet a woman for a serious relationship.
I live in a small town in a very nice tropical country in southwestern ParanĂ¡.
I'm waiting your contact.
I Have own business, and I'm also a singer, poet and composer.
WHAT I love.
I look for a great love. Say something.
Kisses and affection from a Brazilian love.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 444
Posted: 7/21/2011 11:03:18 PM
Yes, I have been told by dates that I look better in person than I do in my pictures. .so that must be a good thing. For the most part, the people that I've met have looked like their pictures. .those some have even looked better in person. The person I met most recently. .his pictures looked much better. . .for one thing. .I realized why he's not showing his teeth in any. .they're crooked and in need of dental work. Also, the pictures show no breakouts or skin problems. .but that's really far from the case in real life.
 goatdriver
Msg: 445
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:06:08 AM
I took the pics for my profile about a week ago.All the "kids" I grew up with say I don't look much different than when they saw me 40 years ago.I think that they need better glasses! Whenever I meet someone from a site they have no problem spotting me & are somewhat relieved that my pic isn't from 10 or 20 years ago.
 SONNI100
Msg: 446
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:40:04 AM
I am told I look just like my pictures. I take them myself with my laptop. I think photos on this site should be a slide show of recent images. In other words, you look pretty much the same in all of them.
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 447
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:02:02 PM
Pictures are a two0dimensional representation of you - there is no personality that goes along with the photo.

Now - when you post pictures of your sister, and you show up a foot shorter, and 85 pounds heavier - ....
 reddi2
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 1:21:15 PM
Why do guys post pics of their bikes, cars or dog? No pic of them!!
Even if I am not interested, I always send a message saying "Is it your bike/car or dog that is looking for a date?" lol
 reddi2
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 1:22:07 PM
Why do guys post pics of their bikes, cars or dog? No pic of them!!
Even if I am not interested, I always send a message saying "Is it your bike/car or dog that is looking for a date?" lol
 AU55
Msg: 451
Posted: 7/24/2011 4:03:07 PM
My hair is longer now but anyone I've met has told me I look the same as my pics.
 sportsgirl7700
Msg: 454
Posted: 7/25/2011 5:14:05 PM
I look better than my pictures...I MUST(and have been told in person by the men I have met from here) because when I am out, I get alot of attention and can pretty much meet anyone. Not so much on here...and I am well aware that I am not alone and preaching to the choir!
 jblack187
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 3:18:17 PM
It's never come up, but I think my pictures are pretty accurate. Though I did find it weird when the last girl I met from a dating site seemed surprised at the fact I have long hair. Should've been obvious from my pics.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 458
Posted: 7/26/2011 11:34:38 PM
^^ Incorrect. You can copy a picture anywhere on the internet by simply left-clicking. Sure there are a few, very few, exceptions and some come with a watermark, but yeah, it's easy to do.

edit to add:

OT

As stated before blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, kaleidescopic at times.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 459
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:24:51 PM
I always get "wow your beautiful more pretty than your pic" but I do look like my pics tho, Men do tell me women seem to put old pics of themselves up.
I always ask for a recent pic from a man if we are going to meet.
So far they look like their pic.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >