Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > do you look like your pictures?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nonsensical
Msg: 481
do you look like your pictures?Page 24 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
My hair has gotten lighter since I spend most weekends at the beach, other wise yep!!
 Daisyrose73
Msg: 482
do you look like your pictures?
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:10:58 PM
Yes mostly I hear I look better. I think because in person I smile a lot and I don't like how my smile photographs most the time. I tag all my pics with dates and update monthly or so. The full body one is older around christmas time but I've lost at least 15 lbs since it was taken so it's to the positive not the negative.
 HAPPY_B_N_ME
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:10:03 AM
My pictures I keep up to date. The problem is the pictures do not show all my wrinkles and sags., so when I meet anyone from online, they say I look 20 years older than my pictures and think I posted 10-20 year old pics.meet. The thing of it is, bc i am 60, most of the men that do mail me, to start with ,are men mostly over 65, and they don't look all that good either, . I cannot figure out how to get my pictures to look exactly how I look I look to others . I suppose I need to post a picture of an 80 year old relative ..lol..maybe if I was lucky enough to meet a person , I would not hear that I posted 20 year old pics..lol..But to hear most of you say you look like your pics, I think that is great. It makes you feel more confident going in to a meet
 1pontoforadacurva
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:36:31 AM
Please my friends, my English is not so good. I'm from Brazil and would like to meet a woman for a serious relationship.
I live in a small town in a very nice tropical country in southwestern ParanĂ¡.
I'm waiting your contact.
I Have own business, and I'm also a singer, poet and composer.
WHAT I love.
I look for a great love. Say something.
Kisses and affection from a Brazilian love.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 485
Posted: 7/21/2011 11:03:18 PM
Yes, I have been told by dates that I look better in person than I do in my pictures. .so that must be a good thing. For the most part, the people that I've met have looked like their pictures. .those some have even looked better in person. The person I met most recently. .his pictures looked much better. . .for one thing. .I realized why he's not showing his teeth in any. .they're crooked and in need of dental work. Also, the pictures show no breakouts or skin problems. .but that's really far from the case in real life.
 goatdriver
Msg: 486
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:06:08 AM
I took the pics for my profile about a week ago.All the "kids" I grew up with say I don't look much different than when they saw me 40 years ago.I think that they need better glasses! Whenever I meet someone from a site they have no problem spotting me & are somewhat relieved that my pic isn't from 10 or 20 years ago.
 SONNI100
Msg: 487
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:40:04 AM
I am told I look just like my pictures. I take them myself with my laptop. I think photos on this site should be a slide show of recent images. In other words, you look pretty much the same in all of them.
 Consigliori
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 11:32:09 AM
My pictures depict me exactly the way I looked when they were taken. Whenever that was.
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 489
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:02:02 PM
Pictures are a two0dimensional representation of you - there is no personality that goes along with the photo.

Now - when you post pictures of your sister, and you show up a foot shorter, and 85 pounds heavier - ....
 luvnsumr71
Msg: 490
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:19:43 PM
No surprises I look like my pics. I don't photo shop and they are not old but recent. So if I don't look like my pics then something is seriously wrong lmao
 smileforme5
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:34:57 PM
I sure do, but most people put old pictures on this thing
 reddi2
Msg: 492
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 1:21:15 PM
Why do guys post pics of their bikes, cars or dog? No pic of them!!
Even if I am not interested, I always send a message saying "Is it your bike/car or dog that is looking for a date?" lol
 reddi2
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 1:22:07 PM
Even if I am not interested, I always send a message saying "Is it your bike/car or dog that is looking for a date?" lol
 AU55
Msg: 494
Posted: 7/24/2011 4:03:07 PM
My hair is longer now but anyone I've met has told me I look the same as my pics.
 pointoffact
Msg: 495
Posted: 7/25/2011 6:49:46 AM

women do the same thing. Don't get me started on peoples pictures.

Women who post pictures of themselves with children/other guys. WTF???

I'm tired of looking at people holding a cellphone in front of themselves.

People sitting in cars

With a bunch of friends and I can't tell which one is you and when I do realize which one is you I notice the woman sitting next to you is much hotter. Can you give me her number LOL

Pictures obviously taken a long time ago

5 or 6 pictures that are almost identical.

Pictures that have no person in them (sunsets, beaches etc)

Blurry pictures
 pointoffact
Msg: 496
Posted: 7/25/2011 6:54:25 AM

I look pretty much like my profile pics yep..........unfortunately given my looks that's generally the problem!

You seem to be hung up on your looks as I've seen you post in other threads about it too. I don't see the problem. You seem like a decent enough looking guy to me. Have women actually told you they don't find you attractive or is it all in your mind.

If you're having trouble catching a fish maybe it's your personality, not your looks.
 Ranja111
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:26:14 PM
There ya go, another nasty weight comment, most likely a fellow female, because
all men like me just fine the way I look. I am very slender, but not skin and bone.
Am in a great shape. Just ask a few men around POF.
How much do you weigh "person"./ 2 seats to pay in an airplane?
Lol, my fellow females can nopt hate anything more than another woman with the weight , and shape they would like to be.
Hmmm, if they would just walk /exercise more, and stay off the eating out, they could come close. Not many do.
I am really that light and very healthy. Thin is mostly a lot more healthy than overweight.
 Ranja111
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:28:04 PM
If they say there is a 20 year age difference between your pics and you in reral life, it probably is.
Wrinkles come over time, not overnight.
 sportsgirl7700
Msg: 499
Posted: 7/25/2011 5:14:05 PM
I look better than my pictures...I MUST(and have been told in person by the men I have met from here) because when I am out, I get alot of attention and can pretty much meet anyone. Not so much on here...and I am well aware that I am not alone and preaching to the choir!
 MarineBikerMom55
Msg: 500
Posted: 7/26/2011 9:00:56 AM
I've been told I look much better in person, I say "thank you" then move on to get to know them.
What upsets me about men photos, is most of the time it just the face, they have sunglasses on or they are in they "only photo they have and you're expected to pick them out" LOL!
Remember it's the "effort" you put into your profile, you'll get more reply's than expected.
 jblack187
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 3:18:17 PM
It's never come up, but I think my pictures are pretty accurate. Though I did find it weird when the last girl I met from a dating site seemed surprised at the fact I have long hair. Should've been obvious from my pics.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 502
Posted: 7/26/2011 10:41:37 PM
Is it possible to copy an image put up here?? If so that is very bad management on the part of the site managers. To be able to play fast and loose with others pics is very worrying..

Other dating sites it is impossible to lift the images off the profiles.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 503
Posted: 7/26/2011 11:34:38 PM
^^ Incorrect. You can copy a picture anywhere on the internet by simply left-clicking. Sure there are a few, very few, exceptions and some come with a watermark, but yeah, it's easy to do.

edit to add:

OT

As stated before blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, kaleidescopic at times.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 504
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:24:51 PM
I always get "wow your beautiful more pretty than your pic" but I do look like my pics tho, Men do tell me women seem to put old pics of themselves up.
I always ask for a recent pic from a man if we are going to meet.
So far they look like their pic.
 cashleys
Msg: 505
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:29:10 PM
I hear the pictures issue a lot. I look like mine and even had people see me at a restaurant and come over and tell me hello I know you from pof or fb, that I never had talked to before.
BUT, I have been shocked many times from seeing people in person that look nothing like their picture. It helps for them to have more than one picture. Way too many have pictures from the past that look nothing like them. Also one pic in a ball cap from shoulders up doesn't tell you a thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > do you look like your pictures?