Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 325
view profile
History
do you look like your pictures?Page 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I not only look like my pictures, but I look like my pictures from 10 years ago. I've never met anyone who said to me that I looked different from my pictures.

Although, a few weeks after my ex dumped me 3 years ago, I met a woman from online for a date -- we had actually corresponded on and off for years by that point but had just never met for whatever reason (one of them was obviously that I had a girlfriend for a time). So she had seem many different pictures of me before that point. However, during those several weeks between dates, I decided not to shave or get a hair cut and I get into hell of shape and lost like 10 pounds during that period. And the day before we met, I took a picture of myself (with glasses), then shaved, got a haircut and put on my contacts. At the beginning of our first meeting, she walked right up to me and hugged me without me even announcing who I was. On or 2nd or 3rd date, I showed her the picture I had taken during my "down time" and she said, "If you had looked like that when I met you, I wouldn't even have known who you were when you walked through the door."

So, apparently, I can change that much in a matter of weeks. And yet, still, I look the same in almost every picture, year-after-year. Except in one of my hilarious drivers license pictures. As my birthday is during the Christmas season, I was on Christmas break from college when I had to renew and completely forgot I was even going to the DMV that day -- had let my hair go, had a Layne Staley-like goattee down to the middle of my throat, was wearing glasses instead of my usual contacts -- I looked like a wild man! By the beginning of spring semester, I was back to normal, and every time I took out my license for the something, the person handling it would do double and triple takes, sometimes even ask me for a second form of ID!

I do often hear that I look taller than I say I am. Which, as I understand it, is pretty much the exact opposite of most guys. I don't really know why that is. I'm pretty sure I'm even rounding up by a half inch. I do understand meeting women in real life situations and them not thinking I'm as short as my height suggests (I call it "high heel syndrome"), but what I'm talking about here doesn't make a lot of sense, unless it's because they normally wear high heels but decided not to when meeting me and that confused their perspective of things.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 328
view profile
History
do you look like your pictures?
Posted: 4/12/2010 6:08:07 PM

What about guys who's main pic is them in sunglasses and a baseball cap?

What if he's the Unabomber?
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2010 11:41:58 PM
I have been told by many people I look better in person then in my pics. Maybe the polite way of saying ...... You are really not that photogenic LMAO

After meeting someone from another dating site he told me the pictures didn't do me justice. But I took it as a compliment.lol

I have had people recognize me in person after only seeing my photos or the opposite find me on social sites without knowing my name and only seeing in person once. I must look similar to my pics.

edit to red_fish

There is no way you look fat in any of your photos.lol

My spandex makes me look fat lol
 DallasSBF
Msg: 332
Posted: 4/15/2010 4:09:15 PM
I look exactly like my picture and I love that tee shirt I have on in that picture.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2010 9:24:02 AM
Yup..now if I could only find a really good Budda pic to complete it all.
 anunu
Msg: 337
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:40:32 AM
Yes
I look like my pics
However, it has been times I was told I look better than my pics!
Always good to know
 EvilLolli
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2010 11:15:28 PM
LOL My answer is yes, and no. The face shape, smile, and glasses? Yea they are the same. Hair color/style, clothes, makeup or lack there of change all the time. I am constantly in a state of flux. And getting pics to keep up with my monthly or so big changes? Yikes. But if you meet me, you will know its me from the pics. Does that count?
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2010 9:54:51 PM
I thought I did, but every man I meet says "You are tiny."

I always want to ask "Why, did I look big?"
 Pingshooter
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:22:13 AM

If nothing else, they aren't blurry.

I have a sense of humor, had to have one to survive..anyway..I met one woman from here for coffee, and when she asked me if she looked like her pictures, I said she was much taller..

I got a blank look back.

(zipppp..right over her head)
 zergzlol
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2010 11:26:02 AM
I've been told I "don't look bad at all" and that I look better than in my pictures. I'm just not a photogenic person really. I always get bad angles, mid-sentence, whatever. I do at least resemble my pictures though. How closely, I'm not sure, but I don't do anything funky with them to try to make me look better.

I make a point to try to make them as accurate as possible though.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2010 3:34:23 PM
Why, yes, yes I do. Thank you SO much for reaching out from the distant past to ask this deep and moving question.
 zipdy
Msg: 354
Posted: 5/2/2010 8:04:59 PM
i taste better than my pics.
 TheReason_
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 8:39:54 AM
I never use my computer anymore, it's all about the iPhone. Sadly, you can't upload here from and iPhone.

(hey, I know, create an app!!!)

Here's me on Saturday, shopping, similar pose (the "Captain Morgan")

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/406/imageyk.jpg

and the day before.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8905/imagegra.jpg

I usually do the "Captain Morgan" because if I'm left to my own devices, you get brilliant poses like this one.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1147/imagebms.jpg

Haha so yeah, sometimes going with what you know, is the best plan.

;)

TheReason_
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 7:23:23 AM
Finally got around to turning on my computer, and put up new pics. Haven't changed since January much. What you see is what you get.

theforumfiend
Msg: 363
Posted: 5/12/2010 10:50:43 PM

What you see is what you get.

That's my threat.

TheReason_
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2010 10:19:51 PM
*sigh* I keep getting the "is that you" "are those pics old" "you don't look 40" what the hell. I date all my pics. Is the solution for me to hold up today's newspaper and take a pic, like they do with hostages, for Proof of Life? Or do I be a d!ck a out it and say "wow you don't look 40 either, you look 50" eat well, drink lots of water, don't smoke, exercise and don't get too crazy about lying in the sun all day. 40 isn't the new 30, but it's not the new 50 where everyone shrivels up and dies either.

:facepalm:
 JeepHammer
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2010 8:40:04 AM
Nope,
I've lost about 60 pounds since that picture was taken and I'm a couple of years older.

If you are mostly stuck on looks, then you are WAY too shallow anyway!
 VeganGoddess
Msg: 374
Posted: 5/19/2010 9:22:34 AM
I always think it's better to post bad pictures so when you meet the other person is pleasantly surprised. ;)

Also, if they still want to meet you even with bad pictures and if it works out, you know it's more likely to be for real and not based merely on looks.
 safn1949
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2010 5:07:08 PM
The newest photo I have is from 2009 and I still look the same,unfortunately.....ha ha.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2010 8:52:22 AM
Unfortunately I do.

However, until my dogs can open the pantry to get to their food..I will still have friend.s
 kari135
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2010 10:23:14 AM
Yup, taking into consideration the fact that cameras hate me. I kill them regularly, and they return the sentiment. In spades.

Isn't it fortunate that none of my critters care what I look like... the bird hates me no matter what I do, the dogs love me, especially when I have a pocket full of treats.
 Vannili
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2010 4:09:54 AM
No I don't look like my picture. My picture looks like Jennifer Lopez, but in real life I look like DemonLeather yes, with moustach and beard and I wonder why women oggling at me with starry eyes and men smirked at me with green envy..
 85_beetle
Msg: 394
Posted: 12/26/2010 12:16:03 PM
Just add them to facebook to see if they really look like their pictures before you meet. And of course everyone is going to come on hear and say "I look better than my pictures in real life or I look Like my pictures". Besides if you don't look like your pictures it's really pointless because your just setting yourself up for a very awkward situation if you do meet.
 damassteel
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2010 2:07:53 PM
All the pics I exhibit are chosen to reveal the plainest, most obvious "me".
I obscure nothing, crop nothing and retouch nothing. What you see, is what you get.
 Vannili
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2010 8:29:21 AM
littlemiss,
Your nieghbors said that you look great without clothes on, OOh why !OOh why! do you not show your best you in your profile picture for the forum ????

psst.. Your nieghbor said He did not recognized you with clothes on ,you look so different......

High five!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >