Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 67
You have nothing to fear but ......Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww your be alright lmao.....
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 69
You have nothing to fear but ......
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:03:58 AM
lol.... yeah that to because i have notice, alot lately that people are starting to
complain and nagg about somebody's typing skills and there spelling.

i mean come on it's an KEYPAD it's not like
were all PERFECT because lord know's ALL of,
us have made mistake's.

i hate when people act like they have never ONCE made any
mistake's in their life and that they are just so perfect, because
we all know none of us are "perfect".
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:05:32 AM
lol thats cute in someway's.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:10:13 AM
no you didn't misunderstood me lol... i just know i've seen on some of the, fourm's
alot of people JUDGE by the way somebody spell's/types things on here.

when it's not really that imporant.

yeah were in different place's lol i live in Louisiana.

I havent been sleep yet, i fell sleep early yesterday.
8:11AM
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:14:52 AM
lol i agree... and i guess it's a GOOD thing this world is NOT perfect
because it wouldn't be much FUN liveing in it anymore if everybody and,
everything was PERFECT and nobody ever made mistake's.

People make mistake's and we learn from our past mistakes
and our past and some, of us do NOT wan't to make same
mistake's over and over i know i don't.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:26:58 AM
lol this is NOT chatting is it?.... we was STILL discussing the fourm title.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:09:21 AM
"I realize it is something you can choose to overcome.

How do you feel that it is something that is taught?"

Great thread Integral!

You know from the Treat Your Girl Like Your Daughter Thread I sometimes have no idea what I'm talking about but pretend to anyways so here we go again.

I think the greatest example of the "teaching" of fear in our culture right now is from our current administration. Democrats have used this tactic in the past too, I'm not trying to invoke a political debate here but use a political expample to answer the question. Of course much of this is "opinion" so please remember it is consideration of example, not instigation for something else.

If you ask one of millions that had their jobs outsourced to India or a Veteran who sees this administration cut their benefits and VA services while sending Vets off to war and giving a "tax cut" that ultimately only "benefits" the wealthiest 1 % of our population they will tell you this economy s*u*c*k*s for millions below the corporate bottom line. Despite the purported "bias" of the liberal media these realities that IMHO compose far greater threats to our national security than any "enemy" rarely see the light of any day for ordinary Americans. Ordinary Americans have been taught to fear an "enemy" despite the fact there is no evidence of substance whatsoever of any coordinated terrorist threat against this nation whatsoever. Sadam was compared to Hitler, in the end an insult to the "Greatest Generation Ever" (His Father's) that ACTUALLY did nothing less than save the world. We now know from the historical and factual record that the "threat" posed by Sadam was exaggerated to say the least It is a change of focus, and one that IMHO will cost this nation far beyond the priceless lives that are given up. Despite the entirely contradictory advice of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff and a majority of the top Brass the President and his administration elected to go to war with limited resources based on deceitfully intilled fears, IMHO of course. I'm villified as unpatriotic because I think the President should reconsider that advice and more than double our troop presence in Iraq. Rather than answer serious questions this administration employs nefarious character assasination more than any other extent IMHO. The majority of our population swallowed just a few deceptive suggestions contrary to a mountain of known facts because they were taught to fear the despot of the only quasi-secular nation in a region we are now purportedly trying to instill democracy in. We were told to fear the "liklihood" of an alliance between Sadam and Al Qaeda when such an assertion had no basis in reality whatsoever. When the hollow and irrational nature of that purported fear became clearer to a majority of Americans we were told to fear for ordinary Iraqis, not just ourselves, despite the fact the historical record shows far more people around the world were enduring far worse crimes against humanity in real time in the Spring of 2003 and Sadam's evidently "recent" Genocide was from a dozen years earlier when Bush's father told the southern Shia of Iraq to rise up against Sadam and then left them high and dry to be slaughtered. Some suggest we should fear illegal immigrants and that they are "takers" from our economy when in fact many pay social security taxes they will never collect on and the pitiful wages they are paid raise any profit margin and bolster the economy far beyond any isolated abuses of entitlements, IMHO of course. Many of us don't talk about these things because we've been "conditioned" to "fear" other arguably more pressing realities less.

Predjudices are fears that are taught, don't let anyone ever convince you predjudices are inherent. A parent always has the option to confront their culture for their children.

Last night I suggested fear was voluntary to you. I still hold that is true for the most part. But I will capitualte that I do "fear" certain things beyond my "control," like the immediacy of this administration's "agenda." I don't to my knowledge posess any phobias. What is rational for one of us is looney for the next. What is a fear for some of us is simply an excuse for a lack of productivity or introspective honesty to others.

I fear I have bored and confused all of you. My apologies.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:40:33 PM
nothing to fear but:

being given a disease
being beat up, shot or stabbed by some love crazy idiot who wants you
being lied to and have his angry wife on your doorstep
being robbed or your place broken into
having your car or personal property stolen

You know I think its time I rent a small apartment, so I can date and not
let any of these guys know where I live until I get to know them better
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 103
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:13 PM
Hey anybody remember that movie where they use,
the line "You have nothing to fear, but fear itself"?

Was just wondering lol because this thread title
reminded me of that movie but i forgotten the name,
of the movie.

and for "peaceofficer" i see nothing wrong with him or for that matter,
anybody else on this fourm or on the site.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:37:36 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massique The Next Genteration
With Matthew somebody (he played in the, wedding planer).

There was one part on the movie Texas Chainsaw Massique,
where he told that chick "you have nothing to, fear but fear itself"

Thats my favorite movie lol... cant belive i forgot that.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:27:16 PM
PeaceOfficer
lol

you are an awsome guy, ignore all the
ugly cruel remark's people may tell you.
or even say about you, because only YOU,
know what is the truth about you or not.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:29:54 PM
yep you'r right he does, lol kind of sexy looking.

Broken_Soul
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:43:42 PM
No its not "kind of..lol" he is SEXY as hell one, of the sexiest
people i ever seen in a long time but eh.... i need to shutup.

if only he lived closer down here, lol.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:52:20 PM
Right on FDR Integral. Churchill had "...our finest hour."

Good stuff, certainly some better articulation man.

I'm afraid I require sustenance.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:02:29 PM
I think it is healthy to have some degree of fear in our lives. When our fear begins to paralyze our lives,it is time to take control over that fear and learn how to conquor it.
I have a fear of tornadoes. If I did not fear them, I might not take safety precautions needed when a tornado hits our area. However, if I allowed my fear to totally overcome me to the point I lived in anxiety all the time due to my fear,I would not be able to do the things necessary to protect my home and family.
Most fears are due to things we can not control. Is that saying what we really fear is not having control over a situation, realizing we are powerless to change the situation? Even if we can not change something we do have the power to change the way we react/act to a situation. The manner in which we handle the things we fear determines wheather the fear will control us or if we will control the fear.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:15:21 PM
Many cannot go forward because of irrational fears...some experiences leave us with deep psychological scars...but for the sake of our own sanities we overcome and move on...

Fear is simply :-

F alse
E vidence
A ppearing
R eal
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:59:20 PM
If i was a man i would "fear" women,
because it seem's women are playing,
more headgames and playing with a
man's emotion's more then MEN do.

BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:24:06 AM
aceslaok, your comment "Fear is a weakness that needs to be overcome" is one I certainly do not agree with, In no way am I attacking you, just disagreeing with you. I do not consider fear as a weakness in any way. What I do consider weak is man's ability to admit he has a fear for "fearing" it will make him look less a man.
It is helpful to overcome our fears most of the time, but we also need to have a healthy degree of fear of some things in our lives.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:25:29 PM
integral, very good story and I agree fear is a survival instinst.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:31:15 PM
PeaceOfficer

You are welcome to join in anytime you wan't to or need to i don't know about the rest
of us on here but hearing what you have to say about any situration or problem is alway's
a joy, to listen to you give some real good advice to most of us.

ICtheLite
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 8:28:26 AM
This may be an old thread but an interesting one.

I think everyone has fears, whether or not they prevent you from doing something, or hold you back is another story. For myself, whatever fears I have I will ignore if I want something badly enough.

Unfortunately, as it relates to the dating world or relationships, if opening your heart to someone is your fear, you ignore it and things don't go well....it's harder to ignore the next time. Then the question becomes:

~Does this jade us ?"~

Or

~Are we insane ?~
(definition of insane being "doing the same thing expecting a different result")

Me? I may get burned but I'll still light the flame. Not sure if that means I'm not jaded or that I'm Bat $hit Crazy, lol.
 moraima
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2011 5:15:50 PM
Hum...............I thought it was Winston Churhill who said "There is nothing to fear but fear itself".

Who ever said it, I have to agree.

Sure we all feel fear. Next we either give into it, or we move foreward. I choose to move foreward.

I have got a lot of pleasure facing my fears. Nothing like the feeling of overcoming fear.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/7/2011 2:31:46 PM
Moramina, The quote "There is nothing to fear but fear itself", I always thought was a traditional Jewish saying. When I checked, it was in Franklin D. Roosevelt's Inaugural speech.

I have just come across an excellent paper on Learning to Conquer Fear.

It states that of all emotions, fear is the one that engenders in humanity the greatest pain and trauma.
It is also one of the lowest vibrational frequency emotions and the one responsible for the worst atrocities ever committed.

People kill for fear of being killed; judge for fear of being judged; hurt for fear of being hurt, rob for fear of not having enough, lie and cheat for fear of the truth ... and it has been so for eons of time.

Ours has been a fear-based civilization from the beginning of time. Fear has been used as a tool of darkness in order to control and manipulate how we feel and how we respond in every single aspect of our lives. In fact fear has been institutionalized to such a degree that every form of establishment has fear of some kind woven through its very foundation:

Fear of God in our institutionalized religions (doesn't it kill you when you see people write in their profiles ... must be God fearing. What are they thinking????)

Fear of failure in our institutionalized society structures and rites of passage,

Fear of being unworthy of love and respect in our relationships.

Everywhere, fear permeates our lives.

We have to to become deeply aware of how we have allowed fear to rule our lives.
 moraima
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2011 3:19:38 PM
^^^ Will have to research who said it first, but it really doesn't matter.

I agree with the rest of your post. However, "Everywhere, fear permeates our lives."
My personal experience was that once I faced dealing with testifying in two criminal trials of a dangerous offender 15 years ago, nothing has fazed me since. I couldn't careless what society expects etc. It is so freeing.

I am off again to a third world country to enjoy life, good friends and hot weather. If the "free" goes to hell while I am gone, I can deal with it.
 moraima
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2011 7:49:52 PM
^^^ Or stand our ground and enjoy life.

I am so thankful that I had to face my fears in a big way. It is so wonderful to live life to the fullest come what may without living in the shadow of fear.

I can remember leaving the resort in a third world country to meet up with people I had met to attend a New Year celebration. I really didn't know them. Tourists where telling me "don't go, you will be killed". Long story short........three on a motorcycle travelled to the party with an eagle flying overheard. I thought that I have died and gone to heaven. 11 years later, I am off to meet them again, which I do 3 or 4 times a year. In a couple of years, I will winter there. Thank God, I didn't listen to fearful touristas.

Facing fear in the biggest way had nothing to do with the above paragraph, but it made it easy for me to follow what I wanted to do.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >