Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 87
whats with women and harleys?Page 2 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
The woman I am currently dating likes BMWs -- for "aesthetic" reasons, she claims. At least she's got taste in bikes.

Asthetic Reasons

She must have forgotten the BMW with the orange seat, or the scribble all over the tank. I didn't think it was possible for anybody to make an uglier bike than the BMW GS 850 but they did with the new GS 1100

In all seriousness the Iron Bum Tourers only use BMWs and wings and they have most of their reliability problems with the BMWs.
 captnjimbo
Msg: 94
view profile
History
whats with women and harleys?
Posted: 7/22/2006 10:08:24 AM
mesnafugal, "women & harley's" appears to be the sexual thing. So many liken a harley to a vibrator. If it's vibrators, then sailboats are like living inside a vibrator. There is a reason why so many prefer to sail naked! Then one can anchor off a deserted beach! The possibilities are only limited by one's imagianition! I've spoken to a number of boaters,( reformed bikers), in my sailing experiences, and they and their spouses all agreed , boats beat bikes every time. Lets not lose site that these were boaters and this was their opinions. Then again I'm thankful that not so many know this as then the oceans would be way too crowded! I'm not knocking bikes. I do admire them. I'm also thankful that there is an alternative to the overcrowded ocean conditions that the lack of Harley's help would precipiate! Thank you Neptune. I would also thank the god of bikers if I knew who it was!
 nontangent
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 12:57:21 PM
"In all seriousness the Iron Bum Tourers only use BMWs and wings and they have most of their reliability problems with the BMWs."

True about new BMW (lack of) reliability, but a lot of IB's are also riding FJR 1300's these days. As with everything these days, it's not about a product that will last (hey my '71 /5 never has problems, at least not expensive ones).

Harley's??? A friend just dropped 17k last week on one. I bought a KLR650 two years ago and have ridden it cross country twice. I doubt he will even get that thing out of the state before mine is ready for the yard. And with the extra 12k, Id'e rather be lying on a beach in Mexico for the next two winters, shitfaced with a hot latina, complaining about how ugly my KLR really is than making payments on something sitting in the garage.

Hardley's are about the bling, let's face it. Very few people who own Hardley's ride.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/25/2006 6:18:07 PM
Well there captnjim... I guess I'm spoiled because where I live I get to fish naked.. sail naked (haven't in awhile) and ride harleys and horses!! I love it ALL!!!
 Truucha
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/26/2006 2:53:18 PM
haven;t read through all the post. But chicks dig bikes. Don't know why, and Don't care. I ride a crotch rocket, and I get more attention on that, then in my hummer, or classic car. ............before I get hatemail about being materialistic:::::::: I can't help it if chicks dig sh_t like that
 Greystone1
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2006 4:38:20 PM
I'll stick with my 81 Honda 750CB. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I don't much care about the image thing.

On the other hand, I am starting to see used Harleys with very low mileage at reasonable prices. The boomers buy them, but don't ride them. Truck them to bike meets and such, thus the low mileage. Now they are starting to sell them because they really don't like to ride. I think its the start of a trend. I may end up with a Harley yet.

I'm relatively new at riding, but I find that I like it a lot. Riding with a group is fun, but there is nothing better than riding solo on the back roads, with no particular destination and no rush to get there.

All this said, if a Harley will add to my sex appeal, I need all the help I can get. So maybe I need to re-think the image thing.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/26/2006 6:29:04 PM
I need a harley fix!!!!
 Truucha
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:56:23 PM
I wil add this too: Bikers are a cool breed of people. It doesn't matter what color, background, or class. All bikers show each other love. I get love from the Harley riders when I'm on my crotch rocket because we all appreciate what it takes to ride a bike. I am truely a biker boy!! Although I just got a fist full of tickets 2 weeks ago, and haven't been back on it since

oh and I will say this: Women really do love having all that power in between thier legs. I've had women tell me how incredibly wet it made them riding on the bike
 Greystone1
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 5:11:59 PM

When I ride solo I like to hit the twisted country rodes.

I hear ya. There's just something about leaning into the curves. I find I like leaning maybe too much. A couple weeks back I scraped the rollbar. That's a first for me. I'm thinking maybe I should slow down for the curves instead of speeding up... LOL
 ralphschneider
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2006 1:21:39 AM
I ride a harley, it does a good job of getting a woman's attention, then i can take over from there, exellent ride and the woman who love harley's are my kinda woman.
 curtjester
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/17/2006 9:24:03 AM
What was it about the guy that made you wet? Was the bike integral to that? Just want to know so I can bring as many tools to bear in my search as possible -- no, I ain't gonna buy a bike just get laid (can't afford it), although I kind of want to pick up an Indian in the future.
Anybody got an opinion on Harleys vs. Indians?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/17/2006 6:41:29 PM
superone47... are you that ignorant??? WHY do some of you people try and group HD owners as OLD.. FAT... BALD... and UNSHAVEN??? It's obvious you know very few if ANY real HD owners/riders!!! Yes some are like that... just like some YAMAHA riders/owners look and smell the same way. I know very FEW HD people who are in that catagory and I can assure you I know MANY!! As far as dressing up in HD stuff.. well I know most people that are proud to have a HD will wear HD stuff "sometimes" but not always. I know some real geeks that have Harleys.. I know BIKERS... who have Harleys.. I know some prissy WOMEN who have them also so when you want to group people together you really need to stop and think what you are doing. Most HARLEY people I know make fun of the ones who trailer their bikes to events. Most people I know RIDE their bikes and wouldn't dream of trailering anywhere. I personally have always rode never ever have I been with someone who trailered the bike, we rode everywhere and for hours and hours at a time!!
 sexyangeldoll77
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/17/2006 7:03:02 PM
The best sex i've had are with guy that have a motorcycle. Ulimate orgasm
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/17/2006 7:14:29 PM
my boyfriend has a harley and frankly i don't really care about it...he just made it louder (why the hell do guys do that?) and my ears popped when i was on it...that'll be the last time i go on there till he puts it down to the noise it was before
 Greystone1
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2006 8:59:50 PM
It's not about the destination, the brand, the image, or the sex. It's about the ride. It's about taking the winding back roads to whatever dumbass bike event, getting the t-shirt, and taking the other winding back roads home again. It's about leaning into the curves with a big ass grin on your face. It's about riding the wind.

The rest is a bonus.
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/18/2006 5:43:25 AM
he did explain...he said because it sounds good...i think it's stupid...and bikes are loud. period. if you can't hear a motorcycle you should get to the doctor pronto... they don't need to make them louder for other people to hear them, you can allready hear them a mile away...that reasoning sounds ridiculous to me...
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 136
Posted: 8/18/2006 5:46:03 AM
prw...yeah i know that's true. except my bf is only 30 and he bought one...he said he always dreamed of owning one since he was a kid (because his dad had one)...and he said he wanted to buy one before we get married because he knows that when we do i would never let him buy one
p.s oh yeah and it was the baffles he took out of it to make it louder and he said he's putting them back in
 Greystone1
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2006 3:19:12 AM
I'm over 60, so I must be really sad, huh?
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/22/2006 6:50:31 AM
no your not sad, i just don't think she realizes that a harley is about 25,000$ starting...and most 30 year olds don't make enough money to buy one....ignorance is bliss. ????? (but i bet now that she knows this she'll be all over the older men with harleys )
 Greystone1
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2006 8:37:29 PM
Thanks, hoopd

Doing something you love to do is a good thing at any age. How others view it is their problem.
 Greystone1
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2006 11:16:57 AM
That would be an all day ride just to get to your place... sounds good.

Over the years, my roommate has travelled the back roads of every state except Hawaii and Alaska, and every one of them on the way to or from Sturgis. Now THAT'S a biker.
 sctr12
Msg: 157
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:17:59 AM
Ok, Harleys- overpriced, hard to maintain, always in the back of a truck. If you owned a HD years ago then you deserve to ride one now. Otherwise your just doing what corporate America wants you to do. Your just following a trend and making a few people very rich. If you want to be your own man you won't ride one. I've had too many friends who had HD, and when we would all go for a ride at least one HD would break down and we would spend the rest of the day dealing with that. All my friends have gotten rid of their HD and gone to something else.
 sctr12
Msg: 158
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:19:42 AM
Yes, finally someone has it right!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >