Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sean1953
Msg: 221
whats with women and harleys?Page 4 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
A few theories:

1. Women who love Harleys secretly want to be men. However, they don't have the guts to go to Denmark and have penises sewn on. Buying a big motorcycle, though, serves the same purpose--it makes them macho. Ironically, this purchase costs about the same as a sex change operation, which is what they really need.

2. They, like most men who ride Harleys, haven't quite been able to succeed in the more powerful white collar professions. What's more empowering for these under-achieving, under-confident blue collar "individuals" than to ride big, loud machines down the street. It's an in-your-face to people who've made it, a form of compensation for the riders' otherwise weak position on the social totem pole.

3. In childhood, they didn't get much attention from their mothers . . . or rahters. And for good reason. They were self-centered cry-babies, an embarrassment when compared to their parents friends' children, kids who got past adolescense and with maturity and intelligence.
 wanderlust64
Msg: 223
view profile
History
whats with women and harleys?
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:45:35 PM
Let me guess, you had a bad experience with a Harley rider......you sound like a pouty little boy, hiding behind your keyboard with your "theories". I do in fact, own a Harley. Big deal. Am I a biker? Yes and no, depends how one defines "biker". I prefer the term "enthusiast". I ride for the sheer enjoyment I get from it. Could I get the same enjoyment on a metric bike? Sure. I chose a Harley, tho. Doesn't make me any more or less an enthusiast. Personally, all that matters is you're in the wind.

As far as not cutting it in the white collar professions, I never aspired to be a cubicle dweller. I've always worked with my hands, and am perfectly happy that way. Me buying a Harley because it's compensation for NOT being a suit with a Blackberry......give me a break.

Someone else mentioned getting killed on a bike. Yes, it can happen. But what increases the chances of getting taken out by a cage is you people who put on your makeup, yak on your phones, read your reports, all while flying down the road. But like my late Father was fond of saying, you have to die of something. I'd rather it not be from some idiot blathering away on their phone.

'Nuff said.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 224
Posted: 3/5/2007 10:12:57 PM
Where in the hell did you come up with those BS theories???

I can assure you, I do not like harleys/bikers because my inner self wants to become a man!!! What planet are you from anyways??? If anything, being on a harley with a MAN makes me feel more like a woman..

thank you.. thank you very much...
 XLchick
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 11:02:46 PM
I love Harleys and ride a new Dyna 35. We go to all the rallys and events that we can. Espcially here when the the weather is so good. What girl doesn't like a large throbbing machine between her legs??....lol
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 229
Posted: 6/23/2007 5:10:03 AM
The vibration?? Hmm... is that like men commenting on what straddling a horse does for me? If I want THAT kind of vibration I know where my BOB is at all times!!

Some women like harleys, some women just love to ride a bike period... some women will not even get on a bike... different strokes for different folks...

Personally... It's horses and harleys for me!!! But I will ride other bikes, and no I don't even have ONE tatoo. As for the VW trike... I've always wanted to ride one so if you are ever in North Florida... will you give me a ride???
 a_bit_gay
Msg: 233
Posted: 6/23/2007 11:56:49 AM
It's probably the 'bad boy' thing to a large extent.

like all the fat out of shape 55-year old acountants who get one and then act as if they think they are 'intimidating' ..glare at you like you should shake if you walk or drive within 5 meters of their 'bad-azz bike'..

Hells Angel-wannabes..

why in the hell would you say white trash?? how rude..
matter of fact, how could 'white trash' afford a harley?? they aren't cheap...
and what is trashy about riding a beautiful motorcycle? do you ride a bicycle? same thing, except a lot more money, but it has an engine..

hahha, and 'having money' means you can't be 'white trash' ?

that in itself is sort of a hillbilly/ignorant notion.

is it exclusively tied to income/wealth? see paris hilton..

they aren't cheap, therefore this proves that everyone who has one is a 'quality person'..??

so mafia bosses and cocaine cartel bosses must be the REALLY wonderful people.?

despite the murders and stuff, they have way more money than most hog-riders..

huh?

also they could have stolen it..?

"They, like most men who ride Harleys, haven't quite been able to succeed in the more powerful white collar professions. What's more empowering for these under-achieving, under-confident blue collar "individuals" than to ride big, loud machines down the street. It's an in-your-face to people who've made it, a form of compensation for the riders' otherwise weak position on the social totem pole. "

not sure about all of that, but the BIG LOUD NOISE!! LOOK AT ME!! people who modify the exhaust to be louder & wake everyone up at 4:00 a.m. seems pathetic..

maybe girls like guy swho spend more $$ based on advertising and an image when they could get a (better) Japanese bike for less $$..
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 234
Posted: 6/23/2007 12:25:03 PM
Where I don't really agree with much else from a_bit_gay you hit it so on the head about Paris Hilton being white trash... people who have money does not mean they have class or cooth it just means.. hello.. they have money!! Too funny, thanks for that wonderful explanation. Paris Hilton is plain skum with alot of money that still does not make her anyone but BS.

And for the comment about men who buy harleys do so because they were nothing in their real life.. WTF??? Who are you kidding. Have you EVER been around a bunch of harley riders, obviously NOT...
 oggers
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 12:36:24 AM
Thats the nice thing about bikes - every rider will like his bike for his own personal reasons .
Personally, in the UK at least I find that Harleys are mostly owned by people interested purely in the " image" of biking that Harley promotes and that is associated so widely in the publics consciousness , the "bad boy biker" image etc etc as has been stated on here earlier ... certainly not because they are low maintenance machines !

It is also true that a lot of sportbike or euro bike riders also ride just because they like the lifestyle / image thing of being a biker, and not because they love bikes . Thats fine . Each to their own.

I ride because I love riding . I would EVEN ride a Harley...

..... if there was no alternative available................
 a_bit_gay
Msg: 246
Posted: 7/6/2007 10:20:01 AM

It satisfies the He Man in me to scare and awe small children in the back seats of cars as I roar by...passing cars three at a time on two-lane roads with a flick my wrist, a belch of noxious fumes and a window-rattling roar. Call it what you will. Pigeonhole me as you like. It’s too damn much fun for me to care.

all righty, then, I call it being an a-hole..satisfied?
 a_bit_gay
Msg: 247
Posted: 7/6/2007 10:25:00 AM

i got family thats hells angels and those guys would give u the shirt off there back if u didnt have one

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/04/10/bodies-field060410.html

uh-huh, must be the "FTW" slogan and approach to life that makes them such wonderful people..

like the nice biker people who got a little paranoid and offed 8 "fellow bikers" in Southern Ontario last year..

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060410/mass_murder_autopsies_060410?s_name=&no_ads=
 a_bit_gay
Msg: 249
Posted: 7/6/2007 10:34:35 AM

if a woman knows you have a Harley she thinks you have money

LOL $20 k or soo is big money? or maybe being able to afford a $500/month lease or loan payment?

mayb ein some circles..
 oggers
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 2:38:11 AM

A Harley rider will stop and help any other Harley rider in any way he or she can.

Exactly. But what about riders of other bikes ? Japanese crotch rockets, for instance .. would a Harley rider stop to help them too ?? If my bike was stopped at the side of the road on my VFR 750, would a Harley rider stop to offer assisitance..?
 harleybabe2003
Msg: 252
Posted: 7/7/2007 3:38:53 AM
A man on a harley is just way to sexy!!!!It just turns me on and they are alot of fun to hang out with. A man on a harley are down to earth thats what I like!!!
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 253
Wayne Kellestine
Posted: 7/7/2007 8:37:29 AM
A man on a harley is just way to sexy!!!!

I could see how "some" could be.

but even the guys who are 55-60+ and/or have huge guts hanging over their belts?

(which seems to be a large percentage. esp. of the 'tough guy' gang members, most have big guts)

did you find Wayne Kellestine (the Harley owner/bike gang member who murdered 8 of his fellow bikers in Ontario last year - summer 2006) , "sexy" ?

they are 'sexy' just because they're on a harley?
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 254
Posted: 7/7/2007 8:39:03 AM

loud pipes save lives first off

Riding sober saves more lives

LOL: )

yes , riding sober, probably NOT weaving in and out of traffic around cars and large trucks to get a few seconds ahead, riding at under 3 times the speed limit, etc., etc. would save a lot more lives than 'loud pipes'..
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 255
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:05:09 AM

NO maybe about it, they are a awesome bunch..
Bikers are a different breed and I just love them..

yes, we hear those stories ..some are good, some are very bad

here's another heartwarming story from another side:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060412/bikers_update_060412?s_name=&no_ads=

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060412/kellestine_background_060412/20060413/

Wayne Kellestine..

the 'charming', 'roguish' biker who had a fit of paranoia and "offed" 8 (that's eight) of his 'bros' last summer (2006), & buried them on his farm.
 smsweendoggy
Msg: 257
Posted: 7/8/2007 7:38:34 PM
Im offering free rides on my hog,wink.
 blueeuedbouncer
Msg: 262
Posted: 7/9/2007 3:34:36 PM
IMO, I beleive that in a way it's like an escape for some woman who have always been
curious as to what that life style is like?. the preverbial Biker Dude is sorta dangerous,
and untamed. The thought of climbing on the back of somebodys Harley and riding
amongst other bikers with multiple riders checking them out might be a fantacy for a
small majority of woman out there. Some woman just like buying their own and taking a long ride on an open road. Either way, some love it, some could care less.
 live333
Msg: 263
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:00:27 PM
There is something really Sexy about a guy on a harley, but there are lots of not so attractive guys are out there on harley's nowadays. How about a new law that says only good looking sexy guys can ride harleys! yeah...:)~ It's snuggling up behind him, riding in the open wind, and holding him tight that I find very appealing.
 Spence56
Msg: 264
Posted: 7/10/2007 4:14:55 PM
The reason is pretty obvious. Go test ride one! Then you will know why women love'em so much!
 Ole Rog
Msg: 270
Posted: 7/13/2007 11:08:56 PM
Horse, A Chicken & A Harley

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together.

One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink.

Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer for help!

Off the chicken ran, back to the farm. Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.

Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.

Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.

After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle.

Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thing and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story? (yep, you betcha, there IS a moral!).

" When You're Hung Like A Horse, You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks!!!
 Ole Rog
Msg: 271
Posted: 7/14/2007 1:36:20 PM
Bump! Well I wonder how long a message has to be before it will allow it to post?
 deerdog1
Msg: 272
Posted: 7/16/2007 5:53:18 AM

My cousin in the USA was nearly killed on one last year, has been seriously hurt and will never fully recover.

yes you can get killed or mangled on or in anything what are you goin to do get in a box and quit living ...look at the statistics motorcycles are safer than cars when ridden right ... and that is determined by the age group riding .... the over thirty age group on motorcycles are the saftest motorest on the highways and when a motorcycle is involved in a wreck about 95% of the time it wsa caused by a driver in a automobile ....i wish i could post the web site but i cant find it but you people that think motorcycles are so dangerous need to look it up ...its the us government motorcycle statistics on motorcycle safety.....sure you know someone hurt on a motorcycle and maybe even know of someone killed on a bike ...I do....but i have known of and seen hundreds killed in a car ... yes there are more cars out there ... but thats changing ... as energy gets more expensive.... there is already a surg in people getting bikes because of their economy.. and with more bikes and less cars on the road, bikes will be safer
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >