Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vancer
Msg: 80
Why isn't there a Gamer thread!? BRING ON THE VIDEOGAMES!Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
acook001, you mentioned almost all the games I liked growing up.
All the Sierra quest games.

BTW, Chrono Cross is very neat.
Where Chrono Trigger was about time travel, Chrono Cross is about parallel worlds.
There are some interesting twists in the story using the crossing between parallel worlds.
I won't spoil the especially big one, but one character can inherit the most powerful weapon in the game twice, one from each parallel world.
And he will dual wield them all badass like.
 fridayboo
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Why isn't there a Gamer thread!? BRING ON THE VIDEOGAMES!
Posted: 6/1/2008 6:19:14 AM
got two(PS3)Fridaddy.....Games: Transformers, UT3, LAIR, Army of Two, NBA 2k8, COD4, The Orange Box, DMC4, RBSV, Def Jam Icon, COD3, Resistance FOM, Heavenly Sword, Sonic, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Oblivion, Warhawk, Ghost Recon AW, Genji, Madden 08, Ratchet and clank, Metal Gear Online Beta, GTAIV, NBA07, High Velocity Bowling, MkII, Tekken 5 online

(XBOX 360)Dfridaddy....Games: Halo 3, Assassins Creed, Gears of War, Virtua Tennis 3, NCAA football 08, COD$, Cabelas Alaskan Adventures, Bioshock, Condemned

got rid of because my ps3's are backwards compatible(PS2) Games: MOH European Assault, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Soul Calibur II, Tekken 4, Madden 07, Need for speed underground 2, ATV Off Road Fury, Grand Theft Auto III, Metal Gear solid sons of Liberty, Triple play 2002, Twisted Metal Black, Socom II U.S. Navy seals, Socom III U.S. Navy Seals, Killzone, Knock out kings 2002, MVP Baseball 2004, Hyper Sonic Extreme, Vietcong Purple Haze, Mortal Kombat Deception, Madden 2004, Grand Theft auto Vice-city, Evil Dead a Fistful of Boomstick, Defender, Smugglers run, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Acecombat 04, Cabelas Dangerous Hunts, Tekken Tag Tournament, Midnight club 3, God of War, Street 2

got two (PS1) Games: PGA tour 97, Grand Tourismo 2, Need for speed 3 hot pursuit, The Legend of Dragoon, Ballbreakers, Ninja Shadow of Darkness, Twisted Metal 2, Tekken 3, Coolboarders 3, Monoply, Apocolypse, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Soul Blade, Kagero Deception 2, Parasite eve, Madden NFL 99, Soviet Strike, Cardinal Syn, Tomb Raider, Jade Cocoon Story of the Tamamayu, Knock out kings, Galerians, OddWorld Abes Exodus, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 8, Resident Evil 2, The Dukes of Hazard Racing for home, Syndicate wars, Dune 2000, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Tekken 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemisis, Road Rash, Dark stalkers the night warriors, NBA Live 98, Spawn the Eternal, Tomb Raider 2, NHL Faceoff 98, Final Fantasy 7

(Atari Flasback 2) Games...all old school..ex. centipede, milipede, joust, frogger and pitfall

(Intellivision) Games....all old school...ex. Lock & chase and astrosmash

Orig. Black and white Pong Machine with with only two turn knobs
 RawrSparky
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/3/2008 5:47:31 PM
I wanna play Soul Caliber 3. I only played 2 for Gamecube but 3 looks wicked cause of that girl with the parasol Laitio or however you spell it, and that girl with the blade ring. Metal gear I never tried but looks uber wicked

My favs: Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl
Naruto Shippuuden Accel 2
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (and hoping to get 2)
Mario Kart (lolz) any kind really as long as the character range is HUGE
 oneloveperlife
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/6/2009 2:33:44 PM
Haha, this thread is from 2006 and still, there is no video game thread on PoF. They should really add one, because video games are awesome, a huge industry with many gamers/fans and slowly, becoming acceptable in society, even though some people (especially, news reporters) still feel the need to **** and complain everything on video games.

Anyways, currently, I am not really playing any games, because I have become very busy. But, I did just recently buy Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War and I also regularly play World of Warcraft (80 Ret Paladin) even though I haven't for about a month, lol. I should also mention that I would love to meet some girls around my age that play WoW, haha.
 trivv
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/7/2009 9:22:02 AM
Right now i'm playing GTA4 i'm just grinding out stats and such. The odd time I play WoW
 carbonlifeform
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/19/2009 6:22:39 PM
I'm totally addicted to call of duty 4 & 5. Resident evil. and FEAR. My computer can't handle games too old. But the PS3 is awesome. When I got COD 5 I didn't shut it off for 36 hours . Now fear 2 has me hooked. and can't wait till new resident evil comes friday 13th of march..
 rtrtrtrtyyyuu
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/27/2009 9:50:58 PM
I seriously can't go wrong with Age of Empires, a game which you build your own civilization straight from mother nature then conquer other ones!

I played I and II but there's no way I can play III with my laptop's memory.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:14:59 PM
I still play old school sports games like Double Dribble and Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES from time to time especially Tecmo Super Bowl, love that game.
 travelingmkey
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 8:09:07 PM

I seriously can't go wrong with Age of Empires, a game which you build your own civilization straight from mother nature then conquer other ones!

I played I and II but there's no way I can play III with my laptop's memory.

AOE 3 is not bad but it's not as good as the previous two iterations. As for me, playing Tekken is so addicting. Anyone tried FEAR 2 yet?
 AllSeeingis
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/6/2009 11:44:18 PM
Raise of Nation
Myst new age
Prince of Persia
New Tomb Raider

kingdom heart is a nice game, i like soul caliber too
Get a Mac you can Install windows in it so you can play MAC and PC Games.
Game console games are good but we cannot forget about PC games. Good things about PC games you can download cool games and play it.
 trivv
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/8/2009 6:10:09 AM
Anyone playing Killzone 2 online? If you do add me to psn, zeshil
that is one awesomely fun game
 neher
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/17/2009 10:20:07 AM
Still playing Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, for the most part.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/18/2009 9:36:30 AM
It's hard to believe how long good games work for you. I played Quake Team Fortress for years,only quitting when ID software released the source to dethrone it and try to get guys to buy quake 3 wich didn't work. I dabbled in a few others in misery until the semi again failed Wolfenstien Enemy Territory was released as freeware. I have been playing it on and off depending on my status since. Nomatter what i have tried i always come back, the mutliplayer is simply to much fun.
 Skybreaker9
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/22/2009 10:41:06 PM
kingdom hearts pwns so neona how old are ya and where are you from
 XDELETEDX
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:35:25 PM
Wow! What an awesome site this place is!
If anyone is up for an Xbox Live game or Team Fortress 2 (PC), hit me up sometime!
 meng21
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:52:16 PM
I'm waiting for Diablo III to be out! I'm looking forward to seeing how that game is going to be like.
 XDELETEDX
Msg: 126
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:19:56 PM
The "new" Riddick game is actually a remake of the first one on Xbox.
 torgo70
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:37:40 AM

bah..

Im a computer gamer..

name a game, I got it...

Gothos?
Gooch Grundy's X-Decathlon?
 torgo70
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:50:04 AM
Mostly computer games-

Currently playing- Dark Star, Freelancer, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, The Movies, Star Wars Battlefront, playing through Oblivion again as an evil character.

Recently finished Two Worlds and Titan Quest

Favorites/games I go back to:

Sim City series
Civilization and Alpha Centauri
Morrowind
X-Com series(especially UFO Defense and Apocalypse)
Jagged Alliance 2
Half Life 2
Arcanum
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Fallout 1 and 2
Might and Magic 6 and 7
Betrayal at Krondor
Knights of the Old Republic
Freedom Force, and Freedom Force vs The Third Reich
Ultima VII
Wing Commander series
Privateer 2

Recently hooked up my Gamecube again and have been playing Gun, The Hobbit, and Namco's Arcade classics

When I was younger and still had my Sega Genesis/CD I played Shining Force 1 and 2, Wing Commander, Master of Monsters, Aliens Ate My Neighbors, I even got addicted to that Sega CD game where you shoot sewer rats.

Been playing video games since the 70's when we had the consoles that played Pong-type games, then moved up to the Atari 2600, and played games on my Texas Instrument computer, also spent many an hour at a friend's house playing Bard's Tale on his Commodore 64.
 torgo70
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 9:19:33 AM

Is anyone else the same, or have i got some sort of addiction to headshots? :D

I definitely was when playing Jagged Alliance 2, nothing more satisfying than having one of your guys standing on a roof and taking a head shot at the baddie below.
 Philly_Minx
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:14:45 AM
I do not get to play video games as much as I used to but these days I still make time to play Left 4 Dead on my laptop.

I tend to watch my son play games then play them myself anymore. That's the price of growing up, letting your kid play the games. lol

However, the reason for my posting is to see if anyone plays Left 4 Dead online? I have been playing the game offline for the most part and completed all of the missions but I'm done playing with the bots and wanted to see of anyone wanted to meet online to play.
 chrono1985
Msg: 134
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:27:22 AM
What your describing sounds more client side than server side, usually happens with connections to servers when your ping time gets above the 150 to 200 range in most games. Things you can try to resolve it, turn off file sharing programs, on cable remove splitters that are 3/4 way but only splitting into two lines, on dsl perhaps change out your data line (the phone wire from the modem to the wall) with a shielded line. Other than those there's also choking, which is where your computer gets so much data that it has a tendency to repeat processes while the buffers are being sorted out for the next series of data (this actually happens more than anything else, usually over such small periods of time you don't see it though), only way to fix that is either lighten the load (kill processes that you don't actually need running to play the game) or a better cpu in the computer perhaps the cpu cooler could be a factor if it's not adequate to keep the cpu near optimal temperatures (around 30 to 50 degree celsius depending on cpu brand and series).
 rtrtrtrtyyyuu
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/19/2009 4:39:23 PM
More genres I'd like to mention are FPS and RPG's. These types of games will literally keep you entertained for hours.

FPS's worth mentioning:
Quake series- PC
Unreal Tournament series- PC
Goldeneye 007- Nintendo 64
Urban Terror- free PC
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory- free PC

RPG's worth mentioning:
Final Fantasy series- for old-school/turn-based RPG fans
.hack series-PS2 great plot about battling through a cyberspace world
Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross- SNES legendary games about time-travel
 Les Halles
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/21/2009 1:35:10 AM
Ooh, let's see...just finished my 6th play through of Mass Effect, working on my 3rd play through on Fallout 3. And of course, Left 4 Dead always provides limitless entertainment.
 carbonlifeform
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/10/2009 7:57:21 PM
Try Paradise city. really cool and on line play both on X box and PS 3
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  >