Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 neher
Msg: 111
Why isn't there a Gamer thread!? BRING ON THE VIDEOGAMES!Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Still playing Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, for the most part.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 112
Why isn't there a Gamer thread!? BRING ON THE VIDEOGAMES!
Posted: 3/18/2009 9:36:30 AM
It's hard to believe how long good games work for you. I played Quake Team Fortress for years,only quitting when ID software released the source to dethrone it and try to get guys to buy quake 3 wich didn't work. I dabbled in a few others in misery until the semi again failed Wolfenstien Enemy Territory was released as freeware. I have been playing it on and off depending on my status since. Nomatter what i have tried i always come back, the mutliplayer is simply to much fun.
 Skybreaker9
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/22/2009 10:41:06 PM
kingdom hearts pwns so neona how old are ya and where are you from
 XDELETEDX
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:35:25 PM
Wow! What an awesome site this place is!
If anyone is up for an Xbox Live game or Team Fortress 2 (PC), hit me up sometime!
 meng21
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:52:16 PM
I'm waiting for Diablo III to be out! I'm looking forward to seeing how that game is going to be like.
 XDELETEDX
Msg: 126
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:19:56 PM
The "new" Riddick game is actually a remake of the first one on Xbox.
 torgo70
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:37:40 AM

bah..

Im a computer gamer..

name a game, I got it...

Gothos?
Gooch Grundy's X-Decathlon?
 torgo70
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:50:04 AM
Mostly computer games-

Currently playing- Dark Star, Freelancer, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, The Movies, Star Wars Battlefront, playing through Oblivion again as an evil character.

Recently finished Two Worlds and Titan Quest

Favorites/games I go back to:

Sim City series
Civilization and Alpha Centauri
Morrowind
X-Com series(especially UFO Defense and Apocalypse)
Jagged Alliance 2
Half Life 2
Arcanum
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Fallout 1 and 2
Might and Magic 6 and 7
Betrayal at Krondor
Knights of the Old Republic
Freedom Force, and Freedom Force vs The Third Reich
Ultima VII
Wing Commander series
Privateer 2

Recently hooked up my Gamecube again and have been playing Gun, The Hobbit, and Namco's Arcade classics

When I was younger and still had my Sega Genesis/CD I played Shining Force 1 and 2, Wing Commander, Master of Monsters, Aliens Ate My Neighbors, I even got addicted to that Sega CD game where you shoot sewer rats.

Been playing video games since the 70's when we had the consoles that played Pong-type games, then moved up to the Atari 2600, and played games on my Texas Instrument computer, also spent many an hour at a friend's house playing Bard's Tale on his Commodore 64.
 torgo70
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 9:19:33 AM

Is anyone else the same, or have i got some sort of addiction to headshots? :D

I definitely was when playing Jagged Alliance 2, nothing more satisfying than having one of your guys standing on a roof and taking a head shot at the baddie below.
 Philly_Minx
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:14:45 AM
I do not get to play video games as much as I used to but these days I still make time to play Left 4 Dead on my laptop.

I tend to watch my son play games then play them myself anymore. That's the price of growing up, letting your kid play the games. lol

However, the reason for my posting is to see if anyone plays Left 4 Dead online? I have been playing the game offline for the most part and completed all of the missions but I'm done playing with the bots and wanted to see of anyone wanted to meet online to play.
 chrono1985
Msg: 134
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:27:22 AM
What your describing sounds more client side than server side, usually happens with connections to servers when your ping time gets above the 150 to 200 range in most games. Things you can try to resolve it, turn off file sharing programs, on cable remove splitters that are 3/4 way but only splitting into two lines, on dsl perhaps change out your data line (the phone wire from the modem to the wall) with a shielded line. Other than those there's also choking, which is where your computer gets so much data that it has a tendency to repeat processes while the buffers are being sorted out for the next series of data (this actually happens more than anything else, usually over such small periods of time you don't see it though), only way to fix that is either lighten the load (kill processes that you don't actually need running to play the game) or a better cpu in the computer perhaps the cpu cooler could be a factor if it's not adequate to keep the cpu near optimal temperatures (around 30 to 50 degree celsius depending on cpu brand and series).
 rtrtrtrtyyyuu
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/19/2009 4:39:23 PM
More genres I'd like to mention are FPS and RPG's. These types of games will literally keep you entertained for hours.

FPS's worth mentioning:
Quake series- PC
Unreal Tournament series- PC
Goldeneye 007- Nintendo 64
Urban Terror- free PC
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory- free PC

RPG's worth mentioning:
Final Fantasy series- for old-school/turn-based RPG fans
.hack series-PS2 great plot about battling through a cyberspace world
Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross- SNES legendary games about time-travel
 Les Halles
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/21/2009 1:35:10 AM
Ooh, let's see...just finished my 6th play through of Mass Effect, working on my 3rd play through on Fallout 3. And of course, Left 4 Dead always provides limitless entertainment.
 carbonlifeform
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/10/2009 7:57:21 PM
Try Paradise city. really cool and on line play both on X box and PS 3
 Lineitup
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/11/2009 2:13:26 PM
I've been playing Team Fortress 2, nomnomnom!
Also play X3: Terran Conflict.
And if my friends invite me, I'll play Left 4 Dead.

Waiting for Diablo 3, FF13.
 Ravager
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/12/2009 10:32:38 PM
Hey hey...anyone on the Rockband boat?

That game is terribly addictive, and I've spent a sad amount of cash on it (downloaded songs).

I don't play as much as I used to (games in general) but it's an interest of mine that will never completely fade.

If you have a PS3, you can catch me on Rockband2, Midnight Club LA, Warhawk, Saints Row 2, Burnout Paradise, Guitar Hero Metallica, and sometimes GTA 4, Unreal Tournament 3, or Soul Calibur 4.

My network name is RavageX. Just say where ya found me and I'll add you when I can.
 EnigmaWolf
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/17/2012 7:15:41 PM
I LOVE World of Warcraft, if I had someone to play with who I was also romantic with in real life ->

I'm also seriously thinking about Final Fantasy 14 (the online one), it seems really cool.
I also recently heard about Star Wars: The Old Republic *drools*.

As far as online games, I'm looking for something that is almost exactly like .Hack//SIGN (the anime) but better: in-game real player or altered voice, high level cap, extremely realistic graphics, fast almost no laggy game, controller optional, and open-ended realistic game (open-pvp).

I pretty much like any kind of game, but I love a good story and I mostly like fantasy games even better if they are the "make your own destiny kind of game".

I'm only listing some of my most favorite games as the games I have played and own is too long for this thread (:)) .

Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories, & 2
Final Fantasy 9, 10
The Legend of Zelda: Everything
Devil May Cry 1,2,3
Bayonetta
Fable 2
Dragon Age: Origins
World of Warcraft
Prince of Persia 1, 2, 3, 4
Suikoden 4, 5
Assassin's Creed 1, 2, 3
The Darkness
Flyff (Fly for Fun)
Super Smash Brothers: 1, 2, 3
Dance Central 2
Child of Eden
etc..

;)
 Timendo
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/20/2012 4:39:47 PM
I love video games, considering I spent a greater portion of my life building a computer and maintaining/upgrading it so I could enjoy them. I think I'm more of a computer nerd than a video game nerd at times though. All I play is PC on my free time, but when I go over houses I play whatever they have, at that time it's about the people you're with, not the game you play. Primarily I play anything from the Half life franchise (mods included), Battlefield 3 (regrettably), some Killing Floor, Terraria, Skyrim, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. etc etc
I am an avid gamer is pretty much the consensus and I find it incredibly attractive when a girl can pick up a game and play it without ever having played it before, games take some degree of intelligence to quickly get the grasp of. Intelligence is sexy.
(Sorry if I just replied to one person I haven't posted on the forums yet ._.)
 machrider
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:09:35 AM
I have a PS3.

I enjoy MW3, Arkham City, Uncharted (1, 2, and 3).
 veevee
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:38:05 AM
aha! I just found Majesty 2 this week. My old Majesty never ran on Vista so I found this one at a half-price bookstore. I'm playing Vanguard as my mmo of choice - oh sure only hardcore people play it but I lurve it. Pharaoh I put on occasionally except mine is glitched, sometimes the animations just stop.

Really fond memories of Black and White here - not only was I a god but I had a creature that I could teach to "deal" with my subjects. Sometimes I let my creature be bad and reward him lol When he threw villagers into the sea then took a poop and did that funny face saying "I did right boss di'nt I" I couldn't help laughing and rub his little furry belly. Example - Ape in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znq-qpmhtRs

Rolled hard in Nox. Final fantasy in the old days and Chrono cross were all nighters. Had a bunch of roomates and we played a non-stop game of Genghis Kahn after work - good stuff, good stuff. Team contra was fun. Sonic, I banked.

Castlevania, dirk the daring in the arcades and the pole position type racing games.
Good memories indeed.

Resident Evil 2 I rented once and beat the same night - I do not suggest that Sam I Am.
 zimquoster
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/22/2012 2:23:42 PM
I am now into SWTOR.
I play Battlefield 3 now that i got it free with my new cpu.
I have other games I play too.
Great times!
 ben1731
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/24/2012 5:03:40 AM
got all 3 uncharted games tekken street fighter 4 gt5 gta 4 mortal kombat soul caliber wwe games eyepet friends killzone 2 killzone 3 battlefield 1,2, 3 infamous 2 heavy rain god of war 4 . infamous 1 metal gear solid 4 god of war collection god of war 3 rocks singstar dead island virtua fighter need for speed grid time crysis 4 and razing storm asc series got the whole set ratchet and clank alan wake on my brother 360 banjo tooie forza 2 i got alot of games still to finish
 Yuuki_Terumi
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:07:54 PM
Lets see my current favorites are
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Skyrim
Crono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Super Smash Bros. Series
Tales Of Vesperia
Call Of Duty:Black Ops(haven't played mw3 yet and do not plan to since alot of great games are coming out like Soul Calibur 5,Borderlands 2,Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil 6).I have a xbox 360,wii,and ds.although i want to get an original playstation for nostolgia.
 10YearsFan
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/6/2012 8:20:18 AM
Loved Skyrim, but Kingdoms of Amalur was better all except for the story which was disappointing. I am loving Mario Kart 7 on 3ds and started playing the Darkness 2 which I'm loving since Mike Patton did the voice of the darkness :)

My favorite game ever was Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core!
 Crembels
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2012 9:27:06 PM
PC gamer mostly. FPS, RTS and a smidgen of RPG.

Im a sucker for a decent, fun indie game. Bastion is a FANTASTIC example of this, another is Shatter and more recently Hammerfight. Audiosurf and Alien Swarmcan have my babies... From Dust and Hard Reset were both heaps of fun too.

Preordered Darksiders 2. I loved the first one to pieces and the next one looks even better.

Command and Conquer series is one of my favorite RTS franchises ever. My introduction to gaming was me sitting on my dads lap watching him play the original CnC on our family computer when i was little. Never played the 4th installment and probably never will from all the bad stuff i hear.
Generals does not deserve to be called a CnC game. Not only does it have nothing to do with the Tiberium universe it also wasn't made by Westwood. RIP Westwood, you had the best game installer ever.

Played WoW from 2007 till the beginning of this year. quit from boredom and didnt really enjoy the company of the people i played with.

Need for Speed is one of the only racing games i enjoy. Racing tends to be hit/miss, mostly miss, but NFS has that extra spark that makes it more exciting than getting in a fast car and driving around a track for 5 minutes. NFS2010 was fun, shame that it had zero customization.

Skyrim was sloppily made. The world itself was beautiful but for the love of god i swear Bethesda couldnt make a convincing NPC character if you had a gun to their head. They need to take a lesson from Rage by iD Software, despite the problems that game had it had some damn beautiful characters and amazing environments (draw distance exempted. I dont appreciate models that for a brief second look like they are made of foam).

... i think ill stop >.>
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  >