Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ron9
Msg: 5
Seriously it's been 2 years nowPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
"i just cant seem to get her off my mind?"

I had 20 years with her to get over. Seventeen married and then 3 more in close contact (friends).

You have to make the decision to just let it go.

Yes - I still think about her sometimes. Not as often and not the same thoughts. The thoughts have changed a good deal. The thoughts have changed from “missing *her*" to the friendship I had to also put and end to.

I don’t think I would think of her much at all anymore if I did not work from a home office. If I was out and about more than I am. If I actually had any relatives - if my mom was still alive.

I know one thing. She is no longer my main focus like she use to be. My main focus now is learning to be the best person I can be.

Today I am listening to an ebook about “Conversation Confidence” it is pretty dang interesting. The author is now talking about *Small Talk* - even that is interesting.

Hundreds of hours of ebooks is bringing back a lot of ideas and a lot of self confidence - self esteem - just thousands of things I had not really thought much about over the years.

There is sure a lot better things to think about than someone that “deemed” me ........... unnecessary.

I just bet there are a lot more productive things for you to think about as well.

"i just cant seem to get her off my mind?" - >>> come up with better ideas to think about - I did.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >