Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 climbsagain
Msg: 151
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Is it simply falling in love with the idea of being in love. that can happen in a New York minute. 30 minutes in Cleveland Ohio.
 time4_2
Msg: 152
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?
Posted: 1/27/2008 9:28:56 PM
Yep, sometimes it takes more than 3 seconds!

Ms. Beavenhouse
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/27/2008 10:11:15 PM
I suppose anything is possible but in the first week, are both people really acting the same way they will be in 3 months.

I think it takes more then a week to really get to know someone. To me, once all their annoying habits aren't annoying me to anymore then I know it's more then like but it takes a few months for someone to really annoy you lol.

BTW if this is online love..then no.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:26:25 PM

I don't think a week is enough time to know how they like their eggs....

If it took only a week to fall in love there wouldn't be enough eggs to go around!

Basted would do fine...
 kisstheviolets80
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:37:18 PM
I absolutely think it is possible. Likely? Probably a negative there.
 ~Smiles~
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:55:15 AM
Nope.............................................

"messages this short cannot be posted"
*sigh*
 ex-navy
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:18:33 AM
T he secret behind it is that both people have to be willing to make it work. That's all it is. There's no "It works without commitment and the occasional tunup" and there's no stupid highschool games involved. A real relationship is work and commitment, but the payout is something saught by many.
 carribgirl
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:27:19 AM
that is a bit hard to say. I don't think we can put a time limit on love it could be love, only you and that person knows if it's love or not,some people will tell you it can't possible be love but only you know whats in your heart. I say our life on this earth is time limited, take a chance and see what happens, if it works out then you'll be glad you took that chance. if it does not work out then it's another lesson learned in the book of life and experience. I wish u well.
 funnydebbie
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:56:57 AM
Yes, it definitly can happen. 20 yrs ago I met my ex at work. I took one look at him and it was love at first sight. We were together for over 11 yrs and still love each other very much, but the relationship ended due to other problems. But, I am proof that it can happen. Don't let anyone tell you it can't and my ex felt the sameway. I wish I could find someone that I had such intense feelings for just looking into their eyes for the very first time, it's magical. Oh, after we met, he came in and asked me out about an hr. later!
 Miss Poppy
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:51:54 AM
Yes - it happened to me when I was 17. I am 30 now and still have feelings for this person, even though we have been apart for 13 years. I saw him recently and all those feelings came back.
Normally, it is lust.
 dgei
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:26:58 AM
i think one can have feelings which were associated with love in the past, but when something really goes wrong early on,its fairly easy to walk away as opposed to being committed to fix it. so i would have to say 1 week,no. 1 month,yes. i also believe we can be smitten by someone as well,like ms poppy above. i too have experienced a similar situation.
 Larissan04
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:23:08 PM
yes. it is possible, but i don't reccomend it. lol!

had it happen and it was love. never felt anything like it before nor since. we both just "knew."

lar
 HeavenBound8126
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/30/2008 11:00:46 AM
Love knows no time limits or boundries.. Or atleast REAL love doesn't.. You can't say that two people can't fall in love in a week (although it's not very common for it to happen)... I will say though that my great grandparents met and 2 weeks later were engaged and spent the next 76 years of their lives together and were only seperated by death in which one passed on and a year later the other one passed away.. And they were happy every second of life that they spent together.. So yeah.. true love can happen anytime, anywhere, and in any time frame.. It depends on the people involved!
 juanchito26
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/30/2008 12:16:26 PM

True Love when you see it is unmistakable

I wish I was this much of a dreamer.
When I felt that this statement was true, that is when I had to hit the reality floor the hardest.

I still believe that true love takes time. You can see a gorgeous person with a great body, smile and be instantly attracted. Is this true love?. Doubt it.

Now, it may happen for the gorgeous people, but I just doubt its authenticity and long-term potential.
 Larissan04
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/30/2008 2:43:34 PM
heavenbound~

that story about your grandparents sounds very much like mine. they are gone now, but they met when they were about 14. my grandmother fell out of a carriage, and my grandfather ran over to help pick her up. it was apparently love at first sight. they married when they were twenty, and they were married for 72 years. but things were different then...

people didn't date tons and tons of people and run around trying to see if someone fit thier laundry list of criteria...

but yes... love at first sight CAN happen. i think that as long as your heart is accessible, and your love pure, then you will recognize it. the problem is people get so jaded that they no longer are able to recognize true love or what is truly good for them anymore... sad...

lar
 malboat
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/17/2010 5:59:01 PM
Yes, it is possible. It just happened to me this week thanks to this site. If we don't believe why try to find our perfect match? The heart knows what it wants. And it will tell you when you find it.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/18/2010 1:51:46 AM
The Son of Sam believed that his dog spoke to him, and told him to kill people.

Se, keeping that in mind, anyone can fool themselves into buying into anything really.

To actually "fall in love" after one week, would indicate that one mentally off person, has met another mentally off person, and they're both perfect for eachother in that sense.

No normal well adjusted person "falls in loooove" after a week. I mean really...A WEEK?
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/18/2010 5:38:16 AM
I think you can become very interested in someone in a very short period of time. You can call that love if you want, everyone has a different definition of it but, if you want what you feel to last you will have to take the time to get to know one another better than you have in just one week.

If this is actually happening to you and not just a theoretical question, let us know how it works out. It would be interesting to see if a couple that breaks all the rules in conventional thinking on how a relationship should progress makes a go of it.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 169
Posted: 9/18/2010 6:31:35 AM
oh come on, jrod. i fell in love w/ you at first sight even though i don't even know you and you won't take your shirt off. ;)

i thought it was pretty funny that a person with a screen name called "lmao" was asking this question.

see, it's like this. there is basically no limit to the range of human feelings and emotions that we can experience. so yes, on that basis alone, it's possible to convince yourself that you've fallen in love with somebody you have never even met. what's wrong with this picture, of course, is the complete absence of reason. at least have the decency to wait the time it takes for the dessert to arrive.

once i had a slightly neurotic roommate... sweet as pie but just a lil' f.ucked up in the head... who had actually convinced herself that she was in love with richard chamberlain and not only *that*, but he was secretly in love with her too.... he was just too shy to admit it.

i never did check in with her to find out what her new theory was when she finally found out he was gay. oops!

JRodriguez81
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/18/2010 8:33:34 AM

oh come on, jrod. i fell in love w/ you at first sight even though i don't even know you and you won't take your shirt off. ;)

If I had a nickel every time I heard this...
 MisterDynomite
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2010 9:05:57 AM

Fall in love in 1 week = fatal attraction pt 2

I can see the wedding reception dinner 2 weeks later........ boiled bunny stew.

Is there such thing as a "Shotgun divorce?" (ok not a shotgun... how about a crowbar?)

venndiagram
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/18/2010 9:19:18 AM
Sure, you can fall in love in one week- its the beginning of love- lust, infatuation, etc.

If the two people are very lucky, it works out. Many times it doesn't. It has about the same chance of working out as any other way.

I fell in love with my husband the second time I met him. I jokingly said I wanted to marry him Then we just hung out over a period of time with a group of mutual friends. I actually was dating someone else at that time.

We had sex on our first date. Married for 28 years. But, we were lucky. Could certainly have gone the other way.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/18/2010 9:54:09 AM

Sure, you can fall in love in one week- its the beginning of love- lust, infatuation, etc.

If the two people are very lucky, it works out. Many times it doesn't. It has about the same chance of working out as any other way.

No, it really doesnt have the "same chance of working out as any other way"

I'd be willing to bet that relationships where two people have taken their time to develop at an even pace, generally probably do better than a ton of people falling in love within a week, to days within meeting eachother.

Something generally isnt kosher in the old homefront, when people fall in love that quickly.

Does it happen sometimes? Sure. Does it sometimes work? Sure.

But i wouldnt feel comfortable playing the odds on it.
 beccabird
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/18/2010 10:45:48 AM
Yes, it can happen. My ex husband and I fell in love with each other very fast and were married for 2 1/2 years. It is very rare but it can happen. Love doesn't have any rules or it would take away from the beauty of it. Love happens when it wants to. That's why it's such a beautiful thing.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/18/2010 11:03:14 AM
I guess for those that believe in "love at first sight". It has never happened to me, as I need to know about the person. Heck, he can be a serial killer for all we know, and that is surely not a man that I'd feel any love for!

Now, lust of 1st sight - yes!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?