Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Um yea...Paris...I think that orange skin is far more disGusting than any beard or moustache can or will ever be.

But that's just my opinion.

And quit yellin'. Makes one look mildly retarded.

~Signed
Man who has "garbage on his face" and has no issues gettin' lucky
 joanne1357
Msg: 102
Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:30:22 AM
I've said it before & will say it again- LOVE LOVE LOVE a guy with a trimmed moustache/goatee AND a shaved head- very sexy!!

do not like the 80's full moustache thing bleh! would rather you be clean shaven
 JSlade58
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 2:11:31 PM

I WILL NOT DATE, SPEAK TO OR EVEN GET CLOSE TO A MAN WITH THIS GARBAGE ON HIS FACE..............

On behalf of bearded men world wide.........phew.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:04:20 PM
"Few men can pull off facial hair."

With all due respect femalegirlywoman unless they're incredibly malnourished any real man can pull off facial hair. You just have to understand pretty much every one of us expects you to do it for yourself.

I have had my mustache since I took a year and half off from college 25 years ago. As much as many women come [keep it in context folks] to love it understand many women dismiss me as a result of it.

That's fine, we all have our preferences. For instance I'm really not a fan of floppy labias.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:15:26 PM
I have a goatee, just suites me. I look a lot young whithout any facial hair. Besides, it keeps the face warm during the wineter.
 spacetolet
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:20:56 PM
For the second time tonight I must say, why not?

As to the what, I don't quite know what you are referring to.

Message this short may not be clean shaven
 RSwindol
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2009 8:29:49 AM
I can tell you exactly why men have facial hair. It's because of all the things that set men and women apart, it's one of the very few things that we can point out they doesn't insult women in some way.

I mean, if we were to point out that we are better drivers, or stronger, or smarter, or any of the other things that separate men from women, then we would just have to hear the women bytch* about it for half an hour (another thing that sets us apart). But I have never heard a woman complain that they can't grow a beard (about the only thing they don't complain about). So by us growing one, we realize that it is something that we can do that will not make women feel inferior. Unless the woman is bull-dike, then she may be very envious. This is exactly why, as much as men would like to hang out in lesbian bars and observe their lesbian mating rituals, we don't. Our facial hair is bound to cause a bit of hate and discontent.

I hope this explains why men like facial hair, in simplistic enough English that you women will be able to comprehend.

***This post is purely in jest***

******but not really******
 ApplePieFacePlant
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/15/2009 8:52:51 AM
Yum!! Even tho it shreds my face during makeout sessions, I really like facial hair on men. My favorite kind looks like this guy: Then again, I like the clean shaven look as well. I would like him based on his personality and hairy chest, not his facial shaving habits.
Well... I don't think I could get into a ZZ Top kind of beard...I imagine that must be a pain to keep clean.

I don't understand the people who are screaming at men who like to have facial hair, tho. It's the same as you dyeing, growing, or curling yours: a preference and a choice. If you don't like it, don't date them. Calling it "garbage" on his face is crazy talk. Or is it because he's not a CHRISTIAN WARRIOR??!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjl54v1irbs
 Jackie78
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/15/2009 11:44:59 AM
Ha! too funny.

I like facial hair so long as it's kept fairly neat and it's not patchy. If you can grow a nice, filled in beard and you want to - go for it! My dad has the 70's stache, has had it all my life so I can't really imagine him without it and it's probably the reason I don't mind Tom Selleck staches. However, I don't really like pencil thin staches and I hate those soul patches. Yuck.

*shrug* To each their own.
 angelbaby53
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/15/2009 5:30:23 PM
I love facial hair on a man,total turn-on. Really don't know why,just my own preference.
 Sepia777
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/16/2009 12:35:32 PM
A clean shaven face is soo sexy..but facial hair: not
mustache: pretty much "village people" look
beard: grizzly adams repulsive.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/16/2009 12:39:35 PM
This is the 3rd thread on beards brought back...is this a joke?
 Revilors
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/16/2009 1:45:01 PM
Some of us haven't been parked here for four years...it's an off topic thread...

Why'd you even bother if it's such a bother?

I need to see if I should shave tomorrow or not.

Edit: This was started in 2006...not brought back...just alive and well!
 TampaJoe
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/16/2009 4:08:23 PM
I can't stand hairs growing in the corners of my mouth!

A little fuzz on my face keeps the id in the pocket.

Chicks with mustaches.. or beards, does not work.

SAguy_06
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/16/2009 6:46:37 PM

Some of us haven't been parked here for four years...

Your right, I have been parked here for years...your also right, it's cool to have 3 threads running at the same time about beards...my bad
 Revilors
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/17/2009 10:09:22 AM
Your right, I have been parked here for years...your also right, it's cool to have 3 threads running at the same time about beards...my bad

First, my apologies for the way I worded my first response. I did not mean to imply what it sounded like I did.

My point is...I have seen threads that are redundant. And there are moderators to address that.
When I see a title of a thread that either doesn’t interest me or that I feel has been overdone…I don’t even go in. Or, I go in….take a peek…and leave.

This thread has been on here for years…not all of us have been. Not only does that mean that other opinions are born by new members…but that also…perceptions (over time) changes.

I don’t see the point in going into a thread and simply stating that it’s been done (or over done) before.

Now…if you were to say “well…this topic has been hashed and re-hashed…but my opinion is…” I could see the point.

And finally…it’s in “off topic”. I started a thread in “off topic” that strayed to the whole debate of who would win in a war…ninja’s, zombies or robots…I loved it. But, the moderators deleted the entire thread. They will take care of business.

The best to you
 ApplePieFacePlant
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/17/2009 11:49:24 AM
falcone123 , come on. Are you sh*tting us? Knock off all the cut and paste of that message all over the forums.

If you're unhappy with the way it works on here, then delete and find another site you can play on.
Good grief.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/17/2009 12:13:13 PM
MSG~116

Only new threads are up for a vote or moderator's rules judgement...once a thread makes it thru, its ok.

So when someone goes and retrieves an old thread...there is no more voting or interferance from moderator unless the thread becomes confrontational and everyone goes off topic to the thread.

So, when I made my comment, there were 3 old threads running(that POFers brought back) at the same time about beards...My simple question is did the forum need three threads about beards.

I dont have a problem about bringing back old threads, I do it myself.
 spacetolet
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/17/2009 12:50:34 PM
SAguy--you can always join the ladies on the "is hairloss a turnoff" thread.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/2136000datingPostpage7.aspx
 DonQuixote100
Msg: 120
view profile
History
It's For My Job....A Tuff One....Hey, Somebody Has To Do IT!!
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:16:46 AM
I haven't seen my chin since 1973....(I came close due to a short trim back in 2007)

Hey, I have it because it keeps me working
I use cream rinse to spare the ladies a beard burn
Tell me what do you think??
Don Quixote

Because I'm always jousting at Windmills
 TooShadows
Msg: 121
view profile
History
It's For My Job....A Tuff One....Hey, Somebody Has To Do IT!!
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:52:02 AM
I grew my beard when I was 19 because I finally got tired of cutting myself while shaving. My facial hair grows fast,5 0'clock shadow by 2 o'clock. The beard also hides my baby face and second chin very nicely. I've been lucky enough to be with women who like beards. My girlfriend went out to BC a couple years ago to visit me when I was working on the pipelines. I'd had to shave off the beard as a condition of working there. One look and she told me I'd better grow it back before coming home.

A softer beard will result if it's washed with shampoo instead of soap,and conditioner doesn't hurt either. My girl loves to rub her face on my beard during sex.
 Gloria212
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:34:37 AM
HUGE turn off for me! They look pretty good on lots of men, but I don't want to kiss any of those faces.....can't help it, no offense to anyone, just my preference.
 tuezdaye
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/16/2009 11:36:50 PM

Are women really attracted to them?

This woman is. I love a beard on a guy.

Give me the three H's, I say -- hot, hard and hairy.
 missmissgal
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:12:35 AM
I like (and maybe even prefer) a man with facial hair, if it is kept neat and clean.

.....the whisker burn is worth it....
 mynamesnotjesus
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:45:06 AM
When I was 9 my mom was cut off in traffic. By a bearded guy. Her yell out the window consisted of "Hey buddy, it looks like you wipe your a*ss with your face!" First time I remember her swearing or really mad at someone other than me.

Now whenever I see mustaches and/or beards, goatees, etc...I always get this picture in my head of a guy contorting himself to wipe his a*ss with his face. It's especially funny (to me) when I see bald guys with goatees or beards. I always want to say "Hey buddy, you been munchin' away?"
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??