Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 writedan
Msg: 226
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?Page 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Thats a kinda complicated question. I don't have a problem with a girl being a tom boy but they always seem to get lumped into the friends category or "one of the guys". That is if they look and act like a tom boy all the time. I love a girl who enjoys and does the same activities I do, but I would also want a woman who shows her feminine side as well. I personally don't see why any man would want a girl to look and act like a guy all the time. I also think guys mis-interpret tom boys. Some men think they might be a butch lesbian and are never given a second look at. I don't say this to be mean or cruel I just personally think this. Tom boy means different things to different people. Do you define a tom boy by how they dress, act, job they perform, or all of the above. Me personally I guess I would put more of the emphasis on how they look. I would not consider the woman who races for indy a tom boy based off of other things she has done even though she is doing what is traditionally "a mans job". Note: that is not my opinion so i don't want hatemail.
 racontour
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 10/21/2006 4:59:26 AM
Tom Boys are so cool.
Nothing beats a woman with a healthy sense of self, health and confidense.
That independant streak is what endears me to them.
I find assertiveness another endearing quality.

A Tom Boy who finds the right time to be dainty is a nice hidden treasure indeed.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2006 9:18:13 PM
Well now.. I have a little chihuaha.. and I can assure you. he will be in my saddle bags way before some silly little pink handbag... ewwwww... have you ever seen the women who DYE their dogs to match them or what they are wearing???

The most foo foo thing I do.. is paint my toe nails.. but then how else can I hide the dirt???

Just kidding... sorta...
 nomenome
Msg: 229
Posted: 10/24/2006 4:22:33 AM
i'm a tom boy. i have to be. it's funny how when there's no one else but you to do a certain thing, you take a deep breath, grab the hammer and the duct tape, and get the job done. i like my self reliance. i also have an awesome tool box that plenty of guys would like to get their hands on (no inuendo intended). i like doing all that stuff. i can install tile, i can fix a broken floor board, install a sub floor, dry wall, vinyl, marble fireplace surround, - love to get my hands dirty - love to do lawn sculpting, home improvements, will fall in love with the man that let's me help install a tile floor and use the wet saw.... i'm not frilly... i have summer dresses that i love, and skirts, sexy underthings. i hate being scratched and poked by too frilly under garments. but if i'm wearing a sweatshirt, you can generally bet i have a lacy bra on underneath. like to sleep in a roomy tee shirt and undies, not some scratchy thing. absolutely love a good pedicure, and paint my fingernails too. but have to keep them active/short. always try to have on mascara, lip gloss and earrings. if any guy is interested, i could really use a cordless power drill for christmas......
 Shylala
Msg: 230
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:20:52 PM
^^^^^

Hey all you ladies . . . aka "Tom Boys"

What yal say we open a business together . . .

Hummm?
How does this sound . . . "call us and we'll fix your problem"
Also we can be sooooo creative as to what we wear while fixing it . . .

ooooooooooooooooooooooo the joys of being a lady!!!!

mt nester
Msg: 231
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:49:00 PM
Wow factor,lol,,can she change the batteries in the remote too?lmao,*duckin*
 flirtykiss1
Msg: 232
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:53:40 PM
well.. coming from a girly girl on the outside.. tom boy at heart.. i can out eat and out burp any guy other there.. guarenteed.. i am very into sports, and i dont mind getting dirty.. could u ever really tell? i think being a tom boy has nothing to do with the way you look.. its the way u feel.. and its a turn on for the most part! GO US!
 nomenome
Msg: 233
Posted: 10/26/2006 2:29:12 AM
that's a hell of an idea, Shylala! count me in!
 Shylala
Msg: 234
Posted: 10/27/2006 12:06:03 AM
Thank you "nomenome" . . .

Taking a vote for business name:

"Tom-Boys Fix All"

"Tom-Boys Do it All"

"Not done until you have a Tom-Boy"

"Tom-Boy Fix"

I personally like "Tom-Boy Fix"

Billbutler8
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2006 12:08:45 AM
Tomboys are sometimes very sexy
 Shylala
Msg: 236
Posted: 10/27/2006 12:29:02 AM
Whyyyyyyyy. . . Mr. Bill . . . "sometimes" . . . shame on you . . . you know us ladies . . . are ALWAYS . . . DESIRABLE . . . ENTICING outside our little overalls . . .

Now I do say it is not "sometimes" for us ladies can be creative in our attire when "fixing it"..

Spaceballs
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2006 12:32:50 AM
Hmmmmm......tomboys. sounds yummy.
 Billbutler8
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:01:58 AM
Shylala

I just meant it depends...there are other attributes which must be there also..geeky is good too..talk technical, to me baby, oh, yeah... if you know DOS and databases...and troubleshooting?
you know, she knows how to download drivers...
oh, yeah...those kinds of things just drive me c r a z y....................
 Shylala
Msg: 239
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:32:43 AM
Now ya Mr. Bill . . . a lady cannot divulge all her gifts . . . she must allow the man to wonder a little of her undisclosed abilities . . . now if I were to disclose that I’m gift in drives, RAMS, DOS, and what not(s) . . . Whyyyyy ya might think I am a man and not a lady . . .

Beside a lady would never intentionally want to drive a man C R A Z Y . . . .we just could not have that happening . . . .

nomenome
Msg: 240
Posted: 10/27/2006 3:42:01 AM
i'll go for 'tom boy fix'.... and let's wear something sexy with knee pads, then we can charge more than the men do- the good thing about a female handy man, NO PLUMBER BUTT
 erk!
Msg: 241
Posted: 10/27/2006 2:51:57 PM
Tom boys are a definite plus. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them.

The woman I like now is a tomboy, and girly enough at the same time to be interesting.

Her only transportation is a motorcycle while her car waits for an engine swap. The other day she was complaining that her blush always gets rubbed off by her motorcycle helmet (which has a nice shade of pink on the cheek pads). Rain or shine she's on her bike.

no problem working on cars
grew up helping her Dad work on his plane
grew up with a dirtbike
tae kwon do (and good at it too)

The other day we were taking turns belching, and let me tell you, she had some GOOD ones. I can't believe anything that loud came out of something that skinny.

At the same time she has a thing for perfume and makeup, and she dresses like a girl.

I'm absolutely smitten, but I have no idea what to do about it, and I don't think I'll ever get a chance. It's really bittersweet.... She's got enough people in her life trying to give her interpersonal relationship BS that I don't want to add to that and make things anymore of a PITA. So I'll just stay to the side and be her friend (which is lots of fun anyway), listen to her and be her friend, and hope sometime I can figure out how to make this work. And then she'll find someone else and it'll crush me.

This stuff sucks when you've been burned before and you're afraid to trust people anymore.

Blah.
 Right...Mr Right
Msg: 242
Posted: 10/27/2006 2:56:44 PM
It is a big plus!
 mzkitty229
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:13:16 PM
I just recently joined, and was readin' some of this............
I must add, that I've been a tom-boy all of my life! I've been a working foreman on a concrete crew, welder (my dad taught me when I was about 10), and I now drive a tanker truck. And I can scrap and drink beer with the best of 'em! BUT... I've also done a little modeling, raised a gorgeous daughter, love wearing loungerie, have a pedicure every 3 weeks to keep my feet pretty, and clean up like a lady should when the occasion calls for it.
But, if a man offers to wash and wax my pick-up, check my oil, or fix me dinner ...... well then, I gladly accept.
 colt8301
Msg: 244
Posted: 11/4/2006 2:27:54 AM
I think it's a plus, a woman that can make a mean plate of food, and work on her car without asking me questions is awesome. The only thing that would probably bother me is how she would be in bed? Would she be feminine or butch? But I definitely thinks it's a plus, I like their style t-shirt and jeans, shoes, and not much makeup.
 Hottest_of_the_Hot
Msg: 245
Posted: 11/4/2006 10:33:20 PM
I am not a tomboy ( sadly for some men who have claimed to love tomboys )...I can't even change a light bulb. The extent of my " tomboyishness " is talking about war, politics and math with ease and expertise...and oh yeah, weapons training in Krav Maga.
 sassyfox
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 1:21:08 PM
Dammit!! I knew I should've taken shop in high school.
 oursong
Msg: 247
Talk is cheap
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:00:52 PM
I am sorry but after reading a handful of guys responses.. I have to say that talk is cheap.

I don't know about cars, and I won't pretend that I do... but I enjoy many of the "guy activities" and I thought that would be a plus but it doesn't appear to be.

Being a competitive athlete who enjoys weekends camping and most physical activity, used to mean something but that was back in the high school days.... now, it seems I am struggling to meet anyone who enjoys those activities let alone thinks that it's a bonus that I do.
 sweeitie
Msg: 248
Posted: 12/4/2006 8:26:43 AM
yes i am a tom boy i can even change a tranmision if needed or the motor. and i am still into dresses when need be in them
 TheDancingQueen
Msg: 249
Posted: 12/4/2006 8:36:27 AM
I don't know if it is a plus or a minus.

I do think it gives guys an opening to approach you and talk to you if you are involved in an activity they can relate to themselves.
 OceanChick
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/13/2006 3:40:02 PM
I've been a tomboy all my life.As a child 99% of my friends were boys.I had female friends,too,but I preferred being with the boys.I did everything that boys do-except the obious.LOL.Even today as a woman I still love to get down and dirty,walk around in the
woods,fish,camp,and go 4-wheeling.I won't wear dresses and skirts;just jeans and a tee-
shirt.I prefer walking barefoot,I love drinking,and I do pass gas often.LOL. My boyfriend
wants me to wear dresses and skirts-says I really look good in them.I did go through the
girly-girl stage for awhile,and thank God it passed.The only time Iam going to wear a dress is when my boyfriend and I get married!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?