Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunnysofla
Msg: 251
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?Page 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
big plus,, look at my profile pic.. and if i do go out which isn't at all to a bar anymore... i can do what i gotta do... but thankfully in my part of the world , shorts and flipflops are the usual dress code and i like it just fine.. come on down to key largo
 designingwoman
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 7/17/2006 9:41:00 PM
I am a sports fan, and enjoy cooking on the grill. I grilled some chicken this evening and was it good!

I have a little bit of tomboy in me but I also like to wear nice clothes.

The tomboy side of me loves big home theaters, playing pool, playing old video games, and sports cars. I love muscle cars from the '60s and '70s. I would love to own one, but I would send it to the shop to get worked on by people who work on cars every day. I also like fast racing boats and jet ski boats.

Honestly I think there's a tidbit of tomboy in most women. Even the girly girl types like to garden and enjoy pretty flowers. I enjoy that as well.

At the same time I love to put on the little black dress and go out to a fine restaurant. The girly side of me appreciates fine jewelry, shoes, purses, and clothes.
 cubed
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 5:42:26 PM
yes id definately rather be with a tomboy over a prissy girl.

matter of fact, thats my dreamgirl. she likes cars, playing ball, lifting, wrestling, watching football, getting dirty, riding quads etc etc. ive been praying to god for him to send me this girl, but so far shes a no show. thats okay, though. im patient. and im sure she'll be worth the wait.
 sparticuss
Msg: 254
Posted: 7/18/2006 6:03:23 PM
Actualy guys. Can we all do a little survey here' I'd like to just toss around a few rude descriptions of various girls.

you guys rate them from minus ten to plus ten. It will be interesting to see where the tomboy lands.

- slut
- man hater
- attitude problem
- tomboy
- bisexual
- fat
- ugly
- fridgid
- independent
- messy
- needy
- boring
- fat
- loud
- horny
- preener
- beautiful
- sexy
- friendly
- touchy feely

That will do for starters. Best to the worst guys.

Geeze what a rotten list! I dont' think a tomboy's much of a problem at all.
 crazylegs311
Msg: 255
Posted: 7/18/2006 6:13:11 PM
Tomboy is sexy and beautiful
 Joan of Heart
Msg: 256
Posted: 7/18/2006 7:15:25 PM
as a former sexy tomboy during my twentys and thirtys....
it was the greatest times of my life,.... men just ate me up... real men....
as a prissy girl-ie girl all I attracted was shallow, insecure, prima-donnas....
(like the stupid second ex-husband----LAPD----aka----a--hole)

my forty's is a combination of sexy tom boy ,.. and pampered lady for my age.

nothing like bending over in my daisy dukes to dig out weeds in my garden....
it always ended with the ex boyfriend drawing a hot bath for me......ect ect ect ect.......
 designingwoman
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 7:21:41 PM
Joan above put it in an interesting way that it's best to balance being a tomboy and being feminine. Guys, do you agree that the woman who has a little bit of tomboy and a little bit of girly girl in her is the best combination? I enjoy both guy and gal things. Makes life more interesting to say the least.
 Mort Meeks
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:00:00 PM
"Tomboy" is not a problem for me, if it means that she does not accept traditional limitations on what she should be interested in. I *love* a girl who is capable, who can do things that make me sit back and say, yeah, that's my girl. :-) I would be so amused if, one night when I was out with a girl, some guy came up to bug us and she *kicked his ass* before I could. (Anybody ever read "Dune?" I quote, roughly: "When they find out Maud'Dib's woman can best any of them, they will cease to challenge you.")

Now, as for the list of rude descriptions, I notice that you put the word "fat" on there twice . . . wonder what that means? What's fun is to take any two of the words and put them together, like "fat man-hater" or "frigid slut" and imagine them as the headline on somebody's profile . . .
 sparticuss
Msg: 259
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:26:08 PM
It means that I put the word fridgid in there twice too. But I noticed that one and fixed it.
And it means that I also should have put in the word picky/petty
 Mort Meeks
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2006 4:39:21 PM
Yes, you should! And don't leave out humorless and defensive!
 Vindicator
Msg: 261
Posted: 7/19/2006 4:42:01 PM
...as long as "tom" doesn't have men's plumbing!!!
 ParadicesCreatures
Msg: 262
Posted: 7/19/2006 4:47:02 PM
minus,
but if shes nice its overlooked.
 Wraith67
Msg: 263
Posted: 7/23/2006 3:43:48 AM
Holy Cow, This thread is still going strong...lol.... I for one,admire and am attracted to a gal that is a bit of a "tomboy". A gal that can dress up a bit for when we go out to dinner or such, but can also feel comfortable in a pair of jeans as we work on one of our vehicles together. A "tomboy" is a gal that will sit on the dock and fish with you and then say, " Hey, nothing is biting and no one is around so let's go skinny dipping"....
 robbygirl
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2006 10:48:30 AM
Diamond u just have to be yourself and u will find the guy that thinks u are the hottest thing around.

U have had a lot of men scared of me because I am the kind of person that likes to try new things anything.

I dated a guy that broke up with me becuase I changed the battery on my car instead of asking him for help. " HOW RUDE"

Anyway it just depends on the guy and the situation
 designingwoman
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2006 8:04:30 PM
A guy who broke up with you over changing a car battery!!!!!??????

What an idiot it's so laughable! That's not a very good reason for breaking up with ANYONE. I am dumbstruck, shaking my head over that one. Over a car battery?????

He sounds like the kind of guy who gets upset over:

Way the toilet paper is set up in the bathroom
A dirty dish in the kitchen sink
Spilling his beer on a shirt
A mouse entering the house
Milk being spilled on the table
Dropping something

Basically this kind of guy is the kind you want to avoid--getting so upset over such small things! He did you a favor by dumping you over a......car battery!

DW
 friskmebaby
Msg: 266
Posted: 7/24/2006 8:17:49 PM
i find it both, which ends up being sexy i think it has more to do with women with ambition - got it goin on men have a frame of mind that changes so much, but one thing never changes - gotta take care of business. when a woman has that drive, to dare to be different (probably just doing what she likes) thats so hot, and i got to give it up!
 sparticuss
Msg: 267
Posted: 7/26/2006 4:32:22 AM
Even right now I'm a truck driver. I load, chain down, unload and unchain new cars and pick up trucks that needs to be delivered to dealerships. With a 80 feet rig.
==============================================
Hunflower
Where are you driving an 80 ft rig? Didn't think that the USA tolerated much more than a 60 footer and 18 wheeler.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2006 8:29:51 PM
in the USA you can drive the double rigs.. I think they would reach 80 ft...but what would I know... I'm a FAT.. INDEPENDENT...UGLY...FRIGID.. MAN HATING TOM BOY.... geez, did I say that in the politically correct manner???
 Wraith67
Msg: 269
Posted: 7/29/2006 3:27:01 AM
Um, Mesnafugal.... I knew you as a caring, kind, independent tom boy with a rather cute style... Maybe I was wrong? ...I think not....Huggs to you, Kiddo
 The Black Knight
Msg: 270
Posted: 7/29/2006 11:22:55 AM
A woman that can play and get dirty during the day and then at night dress up like a million dollar lady is definately a man's dream. Strictly tom boy or strictly high maintenance are both turn off's. We don't like them butch nor do we like the barbie doll that can't break a nail. Some of the most sensual things can be that wrestling match or football game with your lover that just gets a bit frisky.
 designingwoman
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:52:50 PM
Thank you Black Knight! I am the kind who is tomboyish during the day but loves to dress up and look beautiful (think little black dress) for the evening. Football is my favorite sport
 sparticuss
Msg: 272
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:45:23 AM
Geeze Design!!!

Are you sure the guy who broke up over a battery wasn't actualy a female with taped breasts??

I've known of females who have broken up over ALL of those things and even less. But guys?????

I've spent months howling about shallow women who break up over absoloutely nothing and then Design drops in one (hopefully just the one) like this.
 metabaron
Msg: 273
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:58:10 PM
Well, I didn't read all the replies. It is a good thing that a woman likes those things, though I don't like girls to meddle in just about everything we men like. Some things are better left to men to take care of.

Do we also talk about women who have some boyish look? I've recently seen one good looking with a boyish face. I am not gay and I'd date her. She was very attractive, but some people might be put off by her boyish face.

On the other hand, I wouldn't date a bodybuilder woman - she would always win in wrestling competition
 Will ®™
Msg: 274
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:10:30 PM
Yeah Definately A Turn On I've Know Quite A Few Tom Boys I Meen Seriously What Guy Wouldn't Want A Girl Who They Could Get Away With Fartin And Belchin And Just Bein an All Out Guy Without Gettin In Shit
Personally I Like Girls Who Will Sit around And Have A Belchin Contest With Me And Most I Know Will Do That
 Greanjade
Msg: 275
Posted: 8/13/2006 9:14:12 PM
I wish you were my co-author when I had written my profile, then it wouldn't read like a novel. (lol) You wrote exactly what I was trying say. I have many interests but my passion is to climb under the hood of a vehicle, see if I can fix it and if I can, to come out all greasy. I take great pride in the fact that I can do this. On the other hand I love getting all dressed up, looking & feeling 100% lady. 50% tomboy & 50% woman, that's me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?