Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
What tom boys has he been around... all the ones I know are very sexual... and know what they want. "tom boys not wanting it as much as the girly girls?" Now I have heard just the opposite.. the feminine ones don't want to mess up their hair or break a nail... heck we'll hang from the ceiling fan if you want us to!!!
 icequeen66
Msg: 238
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:40:08 PM
With 3 older brothers, I definately am a tomboy, and very proud of it. I understand cars, love to do yard work, camping (in the woods) fishing, sports, motorcycles, the whole gambit. But, I have to agree that most men do stereotype women. They think we are stupid when it comes to cars and technology. Hell, I'll rebuild your computer for you from the casing up. I hate it when guys do that. Especially car salesmen They just fry me...
 3wheels
Msg: 239
Posted: 12/31/2006 9:02:21 AM
hay
my kind of women,not afriad to do what has to be done,and what she wants,you know i have meet a few gals who ride cycles on this site,and my hat is of to them,god bless them.
now that i have said that,i am sure there are those out there that i will not make there
favorites list.thats o.k.jsut because i ride a trike and love life some see me as werid,not so.
and dont worry about spelling thing,use male nurses are the worlds worst.
ride free on three
 3wheels
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/31/2006 9:02:53 AM
hay
my kind of women,not afriad to do what has to be done,and what she wants,you know i have meet a few gals who ride cycles on this site,and my hat is of to them,god bless them.
now that i have said that,i am sure there are those out there that i will not make there
favorites list.thats o.k.jsut because i ride a trike and love life some see me as werid,not so.
and dont worry about spelling thing,use male nurses are the worlds worst.
ride free on three
 NASCAR-6-FAN
Msg: 241
Posted: 12/31/2006 10:28:57 AM
women that are tomboy's are totally sexy !! there's a plus and minus side to it though , the plus is obviously there are more activities to enjoy with a woman , offroading , working on the truck/house , seeing her in overalls while she's working on the truck , lol the downside , hell.. there aren't any !!! unless she doesn't like looking like a woman when the ocassion presents itself.. I say a woman that's a tomboy is the best of both worlds.. :
 ChocolateFlower
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/31/2006 8:38:51 PM
I find that men say it's a plus but then it become's a problem.
I can't fix a car, but I can fix anything in the house, hang drywall.
I've been a tomboy all my life.
Maybe I've been dating the wrong guys.
One example that sticks in my mind, my ex and I purchased one of those wardrobe things for his daughter, and she insisted I put it together because everytime daddy puts something together it falls apart. He got so upset, that he started yelling at the both of us.
The child was use to me assembling everything around the house and fixing all the electrical appliances. He said it made him feel like less of a man in front of his daughter.
I never could figure that one out. I never measured a man's manhood based on what appliances he could assemble.
That's just who I am, that will never change, come on I grew up with seven older brothers and a dad that were all in construction .
 SPECIALLADY28
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/10/2007 6:42:02 PM
I am a tomboy but also like to dress like a lady. don't mind getting dirty though. I use to build tree forts and now I even built my own home and can run chainsaws, any carpenter tool and even a backhoe. I find alot of men are intimidated by tomboys. At least the ones I have dated. They feel intimidated. I am very good at pool and my son is a champion pool player. What I am saying is I can't change who I am. This is the way God made me. And the guy that said tomboys don't like sex as much is full of you know what. Nothing could be further from the truth. You deffinetly lead a sheltered life. Thats like saying men that cook don't like sex as much as those that don't. See how rediculous that sounds?

bonbons
 whitedahlia
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/10/2007 6:52:13 PM
I never thought I was a "tomboy" until I tore out the floor in my kitchen, (3 layers of tiling left by past owners) ripped out all the carpeting throughout my place to reveal beautiful harwood floors, and painted everything.
I also realized I was one when I did not mourn the demise of my long fingernails after the kitchen episode.
WD

PS: I only had someone replace my kitchen floors because I did not have the expertise to cut lino and put it in myself.
 Serendipityone
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/10/2007 7:05:44 PM
I love to climb trees and hike for miles and do things that challenge my physical strength. I know how to use almost every power tool Sears ever made and I work on and fix my riding lawn mower. If that makes me a tomboy so be it. I wear lots of pink!! I don’t know how to work on cars though and have never changed a tire in my life and don't have plans to learn how, at least not in this life
 CuriousCreature
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/10/2007 7:10:17 PM
Tom boy here
I find most men are intimidated by me because of my strength and tomboy ways.
I think its rather amusing, but its who i am.
The problem i think most men have with tomboys
is alot of us are not in touch with our feminine aspects as well.

I love getting dirty, working hard, construction, fishing, camping, roughin it,
but most of all i just love living, being in touch with my masculine side makes
living that much more enjoyable. A woman is who i am, Im in touch with both, and love it!

Balance makes it all more appealing to alot of men. Not that i give a sh*t!
 Limestone_lady
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/10/2007 9:34:20 PM
I definitely am a tom boy. I own/operate and do specialized work in a masonry construction/restoration company. I can operate all the heavy machinery, throw around all the materials, and perform all aspects of my trade as well/better than the majority of men. I am an accomplished millwright and carpenter. I do not speak like the menfolk, but they respect me.

Outdoors activities? You're on! I'll bet I am better gutting fish, climbing cliffs etc.

I am also all woman when it counts. Love flirty skirts in the right situation.

My male friends are constantly drooling over my power tools and workshop.

I just suck at electrical....
 JohnnyVegas71
Msg: 248
Posted: 2/6/2007 11:58:58 AM
I find the BEST way to analize a situation is to reverse it and put yourself in the other person's shoes. So, would ladies like to see their man dressing like a woman and interested in female dominated hobbies etc.? I imagine the answer is no. I, for one, am interested in being with a woman that dresses and acts feminine and I think most guys agree. It is okay if we have different interests as long as we respect and support each others. Therefor, to answer your question, I think Tom Boy's are a BIG turn off just like most women find sissy guys to be a turn off. Hope this helps and doesn't offend.
 Mr J Man
Msg: 249
Posted: 2/6/2007 12:06:44 PM
Huge plus....but only if she's nice to look at. if she's a big bertha, its a no go....
 Trimalerus
Msg: 250
Posted: 2/6/2007 1:01:28 PM
It's a definate PLUS in my book, most of my girlfriends have been tomboys, and I find them to be quite sexy & girly as well. It cant get much hotter than an attractive woman wearing a big men's shirt or getting a little dirty. I wouldn't want a woman that could beat me at arm wrestling, but her having the those little twig arms that some girly girls have is a turn off. I also used to cross-dress and I got more attention & compliments from women than when I dress normaly. I guess it just comes down to personal preference, the uber-jock guys seem to prefer waifish twiggy tiny girls and the same seems to apply in reverse. That just leaves more tomboys for men like me!!!
 woodsytattoomom
Msg: 251
Posted: 2/8/2007 11:45:02 AM
From my experience, when men find out that I fix my own stuff, work hard 'manly jobs' and such, they have always sat back and let me do it all. I mean, I never even got any help. Every man I have ever been with couldn't even take out the garbage, let alone find the dipstick to check his own oil. Don't even get me started on the leaky faucet routine. They have always been more than happy to sit there and watch me and not even offer any help. Come on! Maybe if I didn't have to wipe so many butts, I could have been applying make-up to make them even happier. I believe that being a tomboy sometimes lets men get lazy!

Anyone else have this happen?
 drg1301
Msg: 252
Posted: 2/8/2007 11:56:37 AM
A woman being a so-called tom boy in my world is just a woman who is not afraid of getting dirty and and can still clean up nice.
Last I knew there is no gender requirements for camping, fishing, hunting, 4x4s or fixing things that need repaired.
Way I look at it is that it's a definite plus to have a woman enjoy my hobbies and is fit enough to hang in there and sometimes even surpass me.
As far as fixing what needs repaired, why not if she can do it more power to her. Just means that any repairs we have to make can be done faster and easier with more time for us to do other things.
 NaiveandWitty
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/8/2007 12:31:18 PM
Not at all...but if she actually looks like a man...now that's wierd...and thus, I'm not sticking around at all.
 kcruisin
Msg: 254
Posted: 2/16/2007 3:11:15 PM
A tom-boy gets to my heart faster than a good home-cooked meal.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:19:31 PM
Well Its been 2 years since I first posted this thread and I have to wonder what 2008 and the newbies have to say about fun loving tomboys.
 ken2321
Msg: 256
Posted: 7/22/2008 3:33:27 PM
ok im first newbie then and by reading past posts im not much different! women that are tomboyish are ALWAYS my favorite type, they always seem easier to get along with and easier to please too! and hell they always seem more content going into bass pro shop together than to some lame shoe store!!!
SO HUGEEEEE PLUS in my book!!!!! as long as they still resemble somewhat of a woman and not some amazon chyna type!
in fact they should make that part of the search engine on here, tomboyish women in youre area click here! lol
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 257
Posted: 7/22/2008 3:44:36 PM
wow, this is so refreshing to hear... frankly i am shocked and i didn't think that could happen anymore. meanwhile, i have been sitting here for years thinking every guy on the planet wants nothing but a yenta mall-hag with big hair, f-me rhinestone t-shirts one size too small and 3 inch pink frigging fingernails.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 258
Posted: 7/22/2008 3:49:30 PM
It is per person; there isnt' one that is better than the other. I personally am not as into a tom boy but I know many that I would date. I dont date people just because they are or aren't tomboys.

Riding in trucks and dirt bikes are extreme for me. I would not be into that at all. Being handy is fine but again, its per person.
 Lazaris12334
Msg: 259
Posted: 7/22/2008 3:49:42 PM
Personally i think a women who are self-efficient are quite attractive. I'm into sporty girls myself but you have to appreciate a woman who can restore a 1069 dodge charger to mint condition. As long as shes a great and fun person to be with i see no issue. Go with it.
 wildmountainman
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 4:29:06 PM
Definitely a big plus in my book, especially if you are an outdoors adventurous sort of fellow !! So much more fun to share with a girl who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. It might be a product of a country upbringing too, where kids grew up playing outside, tree houses, mud puddles and all that. It is good to keep that playful nature throughout life, and for me, can only enhance a loving relationship, bringing up children etc.

I think we all have a balance between male and female energies, that is part of our nature. For a man to be intouch with his feminine side does not make him less of a man, but rather careing, creative and nurturing. The same goes for a female, in touch with her masculine side, adventurous, confident, protective. It is through loving relationships between a man and a woman that these energies are shared, and the experience can only make us better and more balanced as individuals.

Tom boys already have a head start, as far as I am concerned !!
 Gourmetchef50
Msg: 261
Posted: 7/25/2008 5:28:00 PM
as long as she cleans up real good..i dont mind..but i don't wanna see her in greasy coveralls all the time..and i'm partial to the french manicures..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?