Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CountrySugar
Msg: 76
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?Page 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
hmm well then I ain't no girlie girl I don't much mind getting my hair messed or dirty..
 ModelingAgent
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:42:58 AM
Most of my ladies have been a Tomboy to some degree, yet very much a lady when called for you, in both manner and dress.

Simply put Tomboys Rock and have always known how to Rock my world!

Be well,
John
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:47:18 AM
I love it when She drinks right out of the Milk carton,burps real loud and wipes Her mouth on Her sleeve...

Dam thats hot!!!!!...................................................................................

~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:48:29 AM
^^I "got milk" LOL...but Id never do that hehe..too funny G man:)

A wee little description of my tomboyness hehe:) I love to go fishing(I caught my first rainbow trout vacationing in Colorado when I was 3.Ive been "hooked" hehe ever since) Ill go hiking,rock climbing,mountian biking,tree climbing and tent camping .I even went once in December.The cold weather added an element of Kat VS nature LOL)I dont mind wood chopping,love 4 wheeling,getting a lil muddy,swimming in rivers and just about anything outdoorsy.I always have an heir of femininity though.I am a strong woman,but enjoy when a man does things for me to show his love and appreciation.I like feeling pampered sometimes.I also enjoy looking girlie even when Im climbing trees.I love perfume,a little bit of makeup and wearing skirts occasionally as well.Part of my tomboyness is about being able to kick back and roll with things.Ive been called a cool laid back chick on several occasions and Id say that fits me well:)Ok enough about me I think tomboys are awesome as you can see from the amazing,well rounded women who posted in this thread
 diamondincnd
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:52:27 AM
Awww thanks for the complement Kat.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:54:02 AM
Hmmm wait a minute...... Were you even refering to me, or your self?
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:54:26 AM
^^^All of you ...:)This thread has been so much fun.Thanks for giving all of us tomboys a place to play
 diamondincnd
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:59:28 AM
Well thank you. I'm having a much better day now then I was before.
Oh and thanks for comming out to play
 pamelaluva
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:42:02 AM
You know...I have lived in this dichotomy of tomboy/girly-girl for as long as I can remember. Growing up with 9 brothers and in a commercial fishing family gave me no choice but to be a tomboy. I was mercilessly teased if I whined or complained about anything (covered in fish scales? quit yer cryin' and finish guttin'!), so I just learned to shut up and 'take it like a man', so to speak. haha

Now while I am very comfortable around the opposite sex and enjoy doing guy stuff, I find myself fighting off the urge to be 'just one of the guys' all the time. I like being a chick and what comes with it; boobs, wearing skirts and heels, whateva. And I have found that no matter HOW independent I am when it comes to maintaining my car or fixing things around the house, there is a little part of me that actually welcomes help from a man. Yes, initially I might get a little miffed cuz I know I can do it just fine myself, but when I surrender, its a great feeling being taken care of.

Now is that wrong? To like that feeling? Seems in this day and age, women can be so darn independent and to accept help from a man might imply that you are needy, or clingy, or helpless. I beg to differ.
 shadow750
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:45:14 AM
Gotta be good to just say screw it go ahead and i'll sit and relax for a bit.....sounds like you do enuff
 Wraith67
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:54:59 AM
Actually, Pamela...

It is not wrong to like that feeling as it is not wrong for us guys to feel needed. It is not easy do "define" how things should or should not be due to time and circumstance....

What I mean is, I like it if a lady I am involved with says... " I think my car/truck is acting funny,could you take a look at it? " or even... "Would you like to help me with giving my/our car/truck a tune-up?" ....Heck, even "I need to change the oil in my car/truck, would you mind starting dinner? " ... All are acceptable variables, my friend...

It's also quite nice to split up the chores between the two so that once they are completed, me and the lady I am with could get cleaned up and go to dinner or a movie...

So many variables and so many circumstances, my friend.....
 Wraith67
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:57:23 AM
And, for the record....

I would be happy to change a transmission with you any day, CountrySugar
 rebecca31
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:08:29 AM
YOU GO SISTER!!!!!!! I am a tomboy girly girl. I can't live in the malls! I like to shop, but only when need too.... I like makeup, but seldom wear it. I rather be fishing, camping, swimming, doing other guy stuff....
 diamondincnd
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:33:29 AM
Thanks to the womens movement, This day and age women can do any thing they want to. (In North America at least). Jobs are not only for just men or just women any more and I like it that way. once in a while us women will come a cross a job were the employer wont hire you because your a women but this day and age you can fight back against a sexest employer. Its a shame that more women wont get their hand dirty or not worry about long finger nails. I personaly think it looks silly when a girl wears 2 inch long, brightly colored finger nails. Yuck!!!
Go a head, get dirty.
( thats what a shower is for) lol
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:43:52 AM

YOU GO SISTER!!!!!!! I am a tomboy girly girl. I can't live in the malls! I like to shop, but only when need too.... I like makeup, but seldom wear it. I rather be fishing, camping, swimming, doing other guy stuff....

The G-Man drops to One knee and says please marry Me.................

I'll even let you clean My Fish..... <----can ya clean this thanks...
 pamelaluva
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:53:16 AM

Its a shame that more women wont get their hand dirty or not worry about long finger nails. I personaly think it looks silly when a girl wears 2 inch long, brightly colored finger nails. Yuck!!!

So are we talking high-maintenance here? Because I know of many a high-maintenance guy (though they probably don't wear the brightly-colored polish, lol!). I wonder if there's a correlation between high maintenance and an ability (or INability) to change ones oil? hmmm *thinks hard*

Does that mean that if I support the woman's movement I'm not allowed to wear nail polish? I'm not sure it has to be so black and white.

Both can exist. A woman can be an independent tomboy, all the while embracing what makes her feminine. But the term 'feminine' is subjective, and so this is where our differences lie.

OK..shutting up now. Me thinks its time for bed.
 LordOfWar
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/24/2006 4:06:35 AM

its a great feeling being taken care of

You're immune to feminist propaganda. That's a true independent woman! And thanks for not posting the hourly rates for repairmen in your area
 sddude
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:00:35 AM
I worked lived on a homestead in the country also , all them girls that I met were tomboy types , they were the best , weekends all girlyed up with dresses at the parties otherwise riding dirt bikes and camping with me .
 CountrySugar
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:06:51 AM
are those the ones you had to pay? *rollin eyes*
 lonelyinbama21
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:07:24 AM
HEY, IM A TOTAL TOM-BOY-BUT I CAN DRESS LIKE A PRINCESS WHEN I NEED TOO.
IM A TOTAL COUNTRY GIRL AND ANIT AFRAID TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY OR GRESY,
SO WHAT A LITTLE DIRT, OH WELL
GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!
AMANDA
 diamondincnd
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:14:23 AM
Well pamelaluva Ummm I never said anything about high maintenence. All i was saying was, thanks to the movement we women can work in the so called guys feilds of work. I never said any thing about not being able to wear what you want. IF you read what I said.

I personaly think it looks silly
the long nai's andl polinsh is up to the individual. I'm Just not fond of it.

I dont understand, when some people read the posts they only see what they want to see and not what is written. Hmmm well I guess it was late when you posted that pemelaluva so i guess tierdness got in the way there.
Your forgiven.
 YX32
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:33:17 AM
I'm a tomboy by nature...for my 12th birthday I cried when I got my first tool box...I was so happy...I built treehouses, climbed trees, played backyard flag football with my neighbors, even tackle for a game in high school (I was making a point...'cept the point sort of hurt a lot...hehehe)...but I also love to dress up in that perfect black dress with nylons and 3inch heels...have manicured nails which are most of the time long...I leave the male roll to the fellas, and love to be protected by a sexy strong man...I'm a tomboy who also enjoys the perks of being a woman...how's that?
 RitzNB
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:57:21 AM
I think alot of men are attracted to a woman who's a bit of a tomboy. I guess there's something appealing about a woman who can fix a car or do home repairs herself. However, I think most men like a balance. They want their special lady to clean up well also. In other words she can put on a dress and be just as feminine as the next lady.
 pamelaluva
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:59:01 AM

Hmmm well I guess it was late when you posted that pemelaluva so i guess tierdness got in the way there.
Your forgiven.

Gee...thanks.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 11:01:20 AM
LOL.. coutnrysugar.. I thought I was the only person around who uses he term "girlie girl".. too funny...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?