Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 designingwoman
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?Page 8 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Joan above put it in an interesting way that it's best to balance being a tomboy and being feminine. Guys, do you agree that the woman who has a little bit of tomboy and a little bit of girly girl in her is the best combination? I enjoy both guy and gal things. Makes life more interesting to say the least.
 Mort Meeks
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:00:00 PM
"Tomboy" is not a problem for me, if it means that she does not accept traditional limitations on what she should be interested in. I *love* a girl who is capable, who can do things that make me sit back and say, yeah, that's my girl. :-) I would be so amused if, one night when I was out with a girl, some guy came up to bug us and she *kicked his ass* before I could. (Anybody ever read "Dune?" I quote, roughly: "When they find out Maud'Dib's woman can best any of them, they will cease to challenge you.")

Now, as for the list of rude descriptions, I notice that you put the word "fat" on there twice . . . wonder what that means? What's fun is to take any two of the words and put them together, like "fat man-hater" or "frigid slut" and imagine them as the headline on somebody's profile . . .
 sparticuss
Msg: 178
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:26:08 PM
It means that I put the word fridgid in there twice too. But I noticed that one and fixed it.
And it means that I also should have put in the word picky/petty
 Mort Meeks
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2006 4:39:21 PM
Yes, you should! And don't leave out humorless and defensive!
 Wraith67
Msg: 180
Posted: 7/23/2006 3:43:48 AM
Holy Cow, This thread is still going strong...lol.... I for one,admire and am attracted to a gal that is a bit of a "tomboy". A gal that can dress up a bit for when we go out to dinner or such, but can also feel comfortable in a pair of jeans as we work on one of our vehicles together. A "tomboy" is a gal that will sit on the dock and fish with you and then say, " Hey, nothing is biting and no one is around so let's go skinny dipping"....
 designingwoman
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2006 8:04:30 PM
A guy who broke up with you over changing a car battery!!!!!??????

What an idiot it's so laughable! That's not a very good reason for breaking up with ANYONE. I am dumbstruck, shaking my head over that one. Over a car battery?????

He sounds like the kind of guy who gets upset over:

Way the toilet paper is set up in the bathroom
A dirty dish in the kitchen sink
Spilling his beer on a shirt
A mouse entering the house
Milk being spilled on the table
Dropping something

Basically this kind of guy is the kind you want to avoid--getting so upset over such small things! He did you a favor by dumping you over a......car battery!

DW
 friskmebaby
Msg: 182
Posted: 7/24/2006 8:17:49 PM
i find it both, which ends up being sexy i think it has more to do with women with ambition - got it goin on men have a frame of mind that changes so much, but one thing never changes - gotta take care of business. when a woman has that drive, to dare to be different (probably just doing what she likes) thats so hot, and i got to give it up!
 sparticuss
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/26/2006 4:32:22 AM
Even right now I'm a truck driver. I load, chain down, unload and unchain new cars and pick up trucks that needs to be delivered to dealerships. With a 80 feet rig.
==============================================
Hunflower
Where are you driving an 80 ft rig? Didn't think that the USA tolerated much more than a 60 footer and 18 wheeler.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2006 8:29:51 PM
in the USA you can drive the double rigs.. I think they would reach 80 ft...but what would I know... I'm a FAT.. INDEPENDENT...UGLY...FRIGID.. MAN HATING TOM BOY.... geez, did I say that in the politically correct manner???
 Wraith67
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/29/2006 3:27:01 AM
Um, Mesnafugal.... I knew you as a caring, kind, independent tom boy with a rather cute style... Maybe I was wrong? ...I think not....Huggs to you, Kiddo
 The Black Knight
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/29/2006 11:22:55 AM
A woman that can play and get dirty during the day and then at night dress up like a million dollar lady is definately a man's dream. Strictly tom boy or strictly high maintenance are both turn off's. We don't like them butch nor do we like the barbie doll that can't break a nail. Some of the most sensual things can be that wrestling match or football game with your lover that just gets a bit frisky.
 designingwoman
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:52:50 PM
Thank you Black Knight! I am the kind who is tomboyish during the day but loves to dress up and look beautiful (think little black dress) for the evening. Football is my favorite sport
 sparticuss
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:45:23 AM
Geeze Design!!!

Are you sure the guy who broke up over a battery wasn't actualy a female with taped breasts??

I've known of females who have broken up over ALL of those things and even less. But guys?????

I've spent months howling about shallow women who break up over absoloutely nothing and then Design drops in one (hopefully just the one) like this.
 metabaron
Msg: 189
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:58:10 PM
Well, I didn't read all the replies. It is a good thing that a woman likes those things, though I don't like girls to meddle in just about everything we men like. Some things are better left to men to take care of.

Do we also talk about women who have some boyish look? I've recently seen one good looking with a boyish face. I am not gay and I'd date her. She was very attractive, but some people might be put off by her boyish face.

On the other hand, I wouldn't date a bodybuilder woman - she would always win in wrestling competition
 Greanjade
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/13/2006 9:14:12 PM
I wish you were my co-author when I had written my profile, then it wouldn't read like a novel. (lol) You wrote exactly what I was trying say. I have many interests but my passion is to climb under the hood of a vehicle, see if I can fix it and if I can, to come out all greasy. I take great pride in the fact that I can do this. On the other hand I love getting all dressed up, looking & feeling 100% lady. 50% tomboy & 50% woman, that's me.
 MzStarBabe
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/20/2006 3:18:14 PM
This confirms my suspicions that men liked Tom Boys thanks guys.
 designingwoman
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2006 10:08:08 PM
GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dw
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 193
Posted: 8/25/2006 10:21:38 PM
You know,it really wouldnt matter if every single man posted in this forum saying they disliked tomboys.It wouldnt change who Ive always been I love being outdoorsy,dont mind getting a little dirty (get your minds out of the gutter heh ),love playing sports,camping,rock climbing,hiking,and I like the peacefulness of kicking back and chatting by a camp fire.Ill always climb trees until Im 80 yrs old,and swing on the swings with my daughter at the playground.I enjoy the carefree feeling of going barefoot,and know my way around cars a bit too.When I see women at the beach in full face makeup,I cant help but giggle a little before I go running into the water and dive in under the waves.Some women are so overly concerned with appearing feminine at all times,it seems like they've forgotten how to have fun and let loose,all for appearances sake.The thing is,for all of the tomboy activities I love,Im still very much a feminine woman deep down.I love having a man in my life and I embrace all of the important aspects of my femininity.Women can be outdoorsy in conjunction with being feminine as well.I like to dress femininely,wear perfume,and paint my nails on occasion justas much as the next girl.I say yay for tomboys!
 The Black Knight
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/26/2006 1:44:09 PM
Kat......I think most men love the kind of Tomboy you are......Someone to have fun with a day at the beach or a backyard football game but someone who can clean up at night with all the sexy appeal and lady like qualities.
 designingwoman
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 7:33:35 PM
Black Knight, thank you. You made my night because that's me. I love a day at the beach, diving into the waves and later cleaning up, putting on a black dress and enjoying a nice night out. Sounds good to me

DW
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 196
Posted: 8/26/2006 8:49:50 PM
I always do a lot of the physical jobs by myself without the help of anyone, some things
I try to figure out.
I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but still I would welcome the help of a man anytime.
If he offered to fix a flat for me, then I would definitely not object!!
 mortalez
Msg: 197
Posted: 9/17/2006 2:50:01 PM
for me its a turn off but thats just based on past expirience.
usually tomboys have too many straight male friends and nothing good comes of that.
 designingwoman
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2006 8:39:53 PM
Any of you watch "Firefly" created by Joss Wheedon????

Their mechanic is a gal named Kaylee who has a way with engines but she is definitely a girl. She likes frilly things as well as knowing how to fix engines!
 auntymar
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2006 9:37:45 PM
I work in a profession that is very much still a male dominated field. It is necessary that I not only know- I must take charge of a situation. It is not a matter of being a tom boy- it literally can mean life and death. When the alarms go off- most can run away from the area. It is my job to make the area safe- not even the firemen or paramedics nor any other personnel can enter the area without my say and permission. I have to direct them and give them instructions as to how to proceed. That is just the way it is. I did not make the rules. That is my job. Does this make me a bit*h?
As soon as my shift is over I hit the shower and come out usually with a dress or skirt on. I am very much a lady. I am in no means butch. I am strong. I am independent. I am intelligent. I have no hesitation in hopping on my quad and heading out into the moutains. I am confident and feel that I have a lot to offer the world. I have many interests that would show more of the real me- I volunteer, I am the one who drops in with a meal already prepared, I am the one who shows up to give a hand, or to visit when you are lonely, I am the one who friends and family will turn to in times of crisis, I ask little to nothing in return. I was raised this way- I do not need to be in the spotlight, I know what I have done and am perfectly happy if you want to take the credit.
The problem? you tell me....
I am coming to the conclusion that the more I succeed, the less men out there that are interested in ME. Most are still hung up only in looks.

Garryr
Msg: 200
Posted: 10/4/2006 7:47:12 PM
I think a Tom Boy who also knows how to be a woman is so sexy.
If she can enjoy the outdoors with me and we learn things from each other
then yes, there is a heaven. I haven't worked on my truck in a while, but I can fix
the bikes, fishing gear, load the kayaks and gear and find our way through the
wilderness. Get dirty, clean up, do it again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?