Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heartofcolor
Msg: 63
why do guys keep that one stand of hair and wrap it over their heads. why???Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
didn't read thru them all

but has your friend not seen a picture of Donald Trump? If he hasn't print if off in large format and paste it to his mirror with big words that say "Don't try this at home, could be dangerous to anyone in the near proximity" - lol
 chrylann
Msg: 64
view profile
History
why do guys keep that one stand of hair and wrap it over their heads. why???
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:56:59 PM
My dad had about ten 20 foot long strands of hair wrapped around his head for years. They don't want to be bald.
 neuromantic
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:56:14 AM
I've been going bald since I was 16. And I promised myself I'd never have a combover, have been shaving off and on (depending on laziness) since 1997. Interestingly I saw a blind guy a year or so back with a hair transplant. He couldn't see that the way it was done allowed people to see underneath and it looked like an attempt at reforestation (that didn't work)!

Toe knee :-)
 dimples0376
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/25/2008 11:47:00 AM
I thought everybody knew the answer to this; it's to tell the direction of the wind on a really windy day - just like the wind sock that they have at the airport. My father is bald and I have two bald uncles. Dad has never had the 'wind sock' but both my uncles did at one point in time (one has parted with it while the other keeps it). It looks ridiculous. I think it's a personal issue that they just can't accept that they're bald. I have no hair and I shave my head twice a week - I think it looks much better than if I let it grow.
 designingwoman
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:04:59 PM
I'll take bald over a combover ANY day!!!!!!
 Sardonis
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/25/2008 8:01:49 PM
Combover aka the swoop.

Why do they do it? From a mirror's reflection it probably looks like more hair. Since they can't see themselves from another's pov, I don't think they realize how ridiculous it looks.

That applies to a lot of people.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/25/2008 8:39:33 PM
My uncle does that, but here's the funny thing, he only does it sometimes! I think he figures, he's practically bald, he can get away with no haircut. He can be cheap like that. One day, it's a tacky 300 dollar silk shirt with cans of sardines on it, the next day, he's stealin' catsup packets and saving 9 dollars on haircuts. I think the strand-o'- hair turban is meant more to keep it out of his eye than to fool you that he has hair.
 SydneyM30
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/26/2008 11:40:16 PM
I recently dated a woman with a comb over..i thought it was kinda sexy
 whothehellknows
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/27/2008 5:25:41 PM
I think it's weird to see guys who do a comb over. It's like they think they are fooling the world about their baldness.

I have a severe receeding hairline, so I just cut it very short. I've only met one or two women who seemed to have a preference for longer hair, most seemed more concerned with "Don't do a comb over!"

Many balding guys think the majority of women don't like guy with receeding hairlines. I think the majority of women don't like guys with low self esteem over the issue, or guys whom have f'ed up haircuts.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >