Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I will review your profile...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LizBets
Msg: 51
I will review your profile... Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
oooh boy... LOL
Is this just perhaps your writing style?? Is that it?? You only write in LISTS?? Because EVERY freakin' sentence is a LIST! Favourite colours, favourite animals, favourite paranormal things, favourite foods, favourite drinks, favourite places to go, college literature topics, english tutoring functions, blah blah blah... do you see what I'm getting at here??? Is this what brilliant high IQ (and BTW who CARES what your IQ is??) college-educated English majors ALL sound like in America??? Maybe I'm just a clueless Canadian chick... but man, you are BORING!! Put a REAL sentence together fer gawd's sake!!

-now collapsing from sheer mental exhaustion-

LizBets
Msg: 52
I will review your profile...
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:00:39 PM
JasmineKai-

You are very pretty, intelligent, obviously talented and seem to know exactly who you are. It would be nice to hear a bit about what you are looking for in a guy and what a first date with you might be like. What kinds of activities would you like to share with someone?

Your pics are great... although that one of you with the big sword might scare a few guys away!!

Good luck!
 LizBets
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:01:38 PM
Jasmine - at your command, your review awaits!
 LizBets
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:11:11 PM
Veldamirx -
I am exhausted and have damn lists going through my head that I cant seem to stop!! LOL But I promise to review you tomorrow, once my head has cleared!! You will be first in line!
 LizBets
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:49:03 PM
blue lake mermaid -
Your pics are not helping. The whole underwater theme is a bit strange. I understand you are a swimmer, but how about some pics of you doing something besides that? Pics that are CLEAR would be much better for a start.

Also.. your profile is too LONG and the way it's written, almost "list-like", yet.. it's not a list... is WAY too difficult to read and follow.

Shorten up your first date section.. it's got a lot of negative stuff and a bunch of stuff we dont need to hear about your IM not working, etc etc...

Definitely needs some work!!
 LizBets
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:51:43 PM
Ruffian...

It's your typical 20 yr old guy's profile.. It's ok, not great, but ok. However.. your pics are TERRIBLE! Dark, blurry and you look scary! That one pic of the view up your nostrils is hideous actually. Get some BETTER pics.. and try looking happy!

I would also gently suggest that you get a haircut. Your hair looks terrible.. messy, untidy and sloppy.. basically looks like you don't care. But hey, you didnt ask for a "hair" review! That's just my opinion.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:17:33 PM
Flavourful - Well, there's not much to review.. it's a little negative sounding and kinda "in your face".. but maybe that's what you want to portray. Don't expect too much of you? Well, thats obvious from looking at your profile!

You are "random"?? What does that mean?? I don't understand. Quite honestly, you don't exactly sound like a lot of fun!! What activities are you interested in? What makes you laugh? (you DO laugh right?) What are your dreams? What kind of guy are you looking for? SELL YOURSELF!

Also.. pics are bad... do you SMILE? You look angry and unapproachable in every pic but one... and that one is not clear or close enough. (And turn that sideways one right way up!)

GET BETTER PICS!!

good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:28:48 PM
Buff -

PICS - only one and it's bad. GET BETTER PICS!

SWEARING - A turn off for a lot of women... lose it.

SPELLING/GRAMMAR/SENTENCE STRUCTURE - All BAD, BAD and BAD. Fix it!

i got a heart and will use it occasionally, when i get past my own bullshit.
im way to narsasistic as well and i hate that,

and THIS line^^^^... ABOVE ALL ELSE... will scare women away. If that's really you, then I can't help you with a profile review.. you need PROFESSIONAL help!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:50:23 PM
I Am Dave - Sorry, I missed yours!

Ok.. first get RID of all those ANNOYING emoticons! They are just plain irritating and over-used.

Your profile reads all over the place.. it's scattered and jumps from one thought to the next. Try organizing your thoughts into logical sentences/paragraphs that flow... Paragraphs have an opening sentence with a couple of sentences following that build on the opening one and a closing one to wrap it all up. Get it? Tidy it up a bit. Have a look at the "Writing a Good Profile" threads at the top of this forum and get some ideas there.

And.. once again... this seems to be my MANTRA lately... GET BETTER PICS!!!! Yours are dark, blurry. The "best of the worst" is the one where you are actually SMILING.. this should be your main pic if you change nothing else.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:20:19 PM
OK - I have some catching up to do here..

Face in The Crowd... first of all your Headline "Wait TO you get a load of me"... makes NO sense. I really don't like this headline at all, but if you MUST use it at least get it RIGHT!!
It SHOULD Be: "Wait 'TIL you get a load of me"!! You are a teacher.. RIGHT??

Secondly, your profile is WAAAAAY too long.

Get rid of all that nonsense abour Waldo... Zzzzzzz.. who cares???

Remove all the lame jokes about hand-puppets, tax returns and sitting or standing activities. Remove ALL annoying emoticons.

Check your spelling and grammar!! ("fare" should be "fair").

You have work to do...

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:33:56 PM
Neo Neptune -

Whoa... it's just sooooooooo "out-there, touchy-feely, new-age". I don't get it. What confuses me is you make statements like "I'm not this, BUT I'm not really THAT either", "I'm not this and I'm not that, BUT I'm somewhere in-between", "I'm looking for this, BUT the door's not closed to that"... it's all so ummmmmm.. MURKY! It's like you either have NO idea who you are OR you are trying to please EVERYONE who looks at your profile!

Your first date description just goes into more long-winded blathering that just put me to sleep! Can't you come up with something like ummmm let's see...... how about a FIRST DATE IDEA??

Also... what on earth does this mean?
I'd like a relationship with a woman who is in touch with her spirituality, someone with similar morals & values, someone who groks how I tick on that level.
HUH??? GROKS??? WTF??

I can't even begin to give you tips on fixing this... How about you just START OVER??
 LizBets
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:36:57 PM
WaldenGuy -

Great profile... short and sweet yet gives a GREAT picture of who you are and what you are all about. The only suggestion I would make is to move the description of what you are looking for up to the "about me" section.. and use the First Date section for a first date idea!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:42:30 PM
Sweet Giggles -

Your profile is very sincere and I get a sense that you are who you SAY you are. You need to check your spelling and grammar and perhaps spice up your headline a bit to grab attention and make them want to read more!

And yes.. you do need to get a few more pics.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:49:15 PM
Nice&Honest -

Do a spell and grammar check. Believe it or not... these things DO count! As far as your pics go, they are pretty good, however, I would switch your main pic with your 3rd to last one. A main pic with your head covered and in sunglasses looks like you are hiding.

I would delete the reference to your affinity for drinking... not exactly a big selling point! Also, women do NOT like to be told to "look hot"... lose that too.

You are young and good-looking, you shouldn't have too much trouble with just some minor changes.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:55:55 PM
Arizona Web-

"try missing a payment"..... huh?? I don't get that... so, I'm guessing that most other people won't get it either.

It's too long, it's too much about sappy, lovey-dovey cliches, it's too much about silly sexual innuendos and it's REALLY too much about your IQ (who really cares???) Lose that dumb joke about the days men want to have sex.

It's just lame.

Good luck
 LizBets
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:59:57 PM
Skeeter -
Loved your profile... it's a wee bit corny, but I LIKED it! Only criticism would be your pics.. they're not great and why do people post pics of themselves in Grade 3?? I have never understood that??

Other than the pics, which could be better... I'd give ya an 8 out of 10!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:11:00 PM
KYWildcat -

Spell and grammar check please. (Gawd, I sound like broken record). Your pics are BAD - get some better ones, clearer and closer.

It's not a great idea to open your introduction with a reference to your marriage.. I would lose that. You should just start from "I've learned a lot about how a relationship should be..." Your requirement for "beautiful and sexy" is a bit of a turn-off and will eliminate a lot of potential GREAT women who will feel (probably wrongly) that they wouldnt measure up to your standards. Don't know if you've checked in the mirror lately.. but while you're not hideous, you're not exactly Brad Pitt either!

Also delete the negativity about game players and married women.. no need to spell that out.

That's all I've got for you.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:16:10 PM
Man of Intergrity -

once again..... SPELL & GRAMMAR check!! Boy.. doesn't ANYONE know how to spell anymore??? It's most annoying!

Anyway... your profile is not bad, but it's a bit too wordy and long. I would delete the big long lists of your music preferences, etc. Those details you can discuss later once you start chatting with someone. No need to tell it all in your profile.

In summary, spell check, grammar check, shorten it up and you're good to go.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:21:42 PM
TracyK -

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy.....

Please... DELETE all the negative, bitter and hostile ramblings in your profile. Oh, wait.. then there will be NO profile at all! You are doing yourself no favours by ranting on about what you DON'T want or how all men are liars. PLEASE... what guy in his right mind is going to be attracted to THAT??

And your pics??? How are we to know which girl is YOU?? And who is the guy in the pic?? Get some pics of YOU, just YOU.

You have a LOT of work to do to make this one right.

Get busy!
 LizBets
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:22:42 PM
dangerman -

It's perfect - don't change a thing.
 LizBets
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:29:58 PM
LadyCatPink-

oh dear - how do I say this and be kind?? I don't know how to say it any other way than... IT'S BORING AS HELL!! Conversations? Reading? Society for Creative Anachronisms??? WTF??? Needlework Guilds???? Come ON GIRL!! Surely there is a spark, a tiny little sexy ember in there somewhere just DYING to get OUT of the mundane-ness (is that a word?) of your life and set it on fire baby!!! What makes you quiver with excitement? What crazy things have you always wanted to do? What turns your crank lady?? Do you have a crank?? I think it needs turning!!!!

... this one just wiped me out! I'm spent!
 LizBets
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:36:51 PM
Cupid Is Crazy -
Your profile is okay.. not great but better than most. I would delete the reference to you attracting "needy, vulnerable" women. It just sounds too negative and a little bitter. Basically your profile should sound positive, upbeat and interesting and you've done a pretty good job, other than the afore-mentioned reference.

Personally, I don't like guys who put a sexual encounter in their first date section, even as a joke. You might want to re-think that also.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:40:38 PM
Sensisativa -
WOW - Really GOOD profile for a young guy! I liked it a lot. Your pics are good too. The only thing I would take out is the old standard reference to not wanting "game players". I think it's just used way too often and is really meaningless. Other than that, I'd say you should have them lined up knocking at your door!

Good job!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I will review your profile...