Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I will review your profile...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LizBets
Msg: 76
I will review your profile... Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Meductic -

There's really not much to review. You say you are looking for someone with similar interests and you have listed yours as motorcycles, baseball, hockey and movies... well good luck with that! I can tell you ONE thing that women are looking for in a man.. and that is a man who isn't lazy! Your profile is LAZY.. I am actually putting more of an effort into reviewing it than YOU did in WRITING it!! No first date idea... lazy, lazy, lazy boy!!!

Your pics are bad too....

... 'nuff said
 LizBets
Msg: 77
I will review your profile...
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:47:05 PM
Matt-E
I am assuming you have changed your mind and do not want a review... fine with me.. cause I'm getting tired!
 LizBets
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:56:59 PM
Emerald Dragon -

You sound like a sweet, nice kid. I think you should change your main pic to the 3rd one where you are smiling.. it's much better. You are obviously a hard-working guy with his head on straight. I would think any girl would be happy to take you home to meet her mom!

Hang in there.. you're young and you've got LOTS of time!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:42:05 PM
Yay!! I'm all caught up on reviews! Phew!!

Ok - MaddyAnn. You need MORE, way MORE than this to reel in a good fish!

"I don't let drama overcome my life" "I don't bullsh*t around and I am me 24/7 (ummm.. who ELSE would you be??) "Lying and playing games is a waste of my time and yours" blah de blah de blah blah blah.....
yessss, we have ALL heard these things before. WAY TOO MANY TIMES BEFORE!!

So.. what do we have left if we remove all that negativity and rambling on about nothing? NOT A HELL OF A LOT!!

You say you are sweet and funny? Really? How so? Give us an example of that! What ARE you looking for in a guy?? Be positive, be upbeat, and stop scaring them away before you even get started!

Finally, your pics are terrible... get BETTER pics!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:47:34 PM
Hal 9000 -

well it's original, I'll give you that. You have a couple of spelling errors which always perturb me greatly when I see "teacher" as a profession!

I appreciate the sarcasm and dry sense of humour, I'm just not sure that a lot of women WILL. But hey, if it works for you.. don't change a thing.
 eddie0221
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:46:27 PM
ok, taking a break from the reviews...can you do me please?
 LizBets
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:17:06 AM
Matt-e -
I assumed that because you requested a review and then posted again saying "delete", which I took to mean that you were wanting to "delete" your request for a review. I apologize if I got that wrong.
I will get to you shortly.
 LizBets
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:25:42 AM
Eddie -

Not bad! Well-written, no spelling or grammatical errors. The only thing I would change is to delete that opening sentence about "games"... don't you think it's just the MOST over-used cliche here? It really is meaningless and starts off your otherwise great profile on a negative note. Start it off with your 3rd sentence... it sounds MUCH better. I think I might also take out the sentence "don't do drugs, steal, etc." I don't know.. it just gives a bit of a negative spin and I don't think it's required to state something that we hope would be a "given"!

Other than that.. I think your second pic should be your main one and it wouldnt hurt to have a couple of others to round it out a bit.

Good job... and good luck!
 LizBets
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:36:50 AM
Brittany -
Your pics are great, you are a gorgeous woman! I don't think you will have any trouble getting attention just based on your pics alone.

However, your profile is a little thin. I'm not a guy so I could be way off base here, but if I WAS, I would read your "love to be pampered" as a bit of neediness, which could be a bit of a turnoff. Also the emphasis on "real intimacy, sensual man" may be read the wrong way as in .. this woman is just looking for sex. If that's what you ARE looking for then hey.. carry on, otherwise I would think about revising that. If not, then you need to flesh out the rest to put some emphasis on what it IS that you like to have fun doing? Where would you like to travel? Where have you travelled? What other activities keep you busy? What makes you laugh? What kind of man are you looking for (other than sensual)??

Your first (dream) date is a bit over the top with the romance thing and may scare a guy off or put too much pressure on him to be sweeping you off your feet from the time you open the door! Tone it down a bit and come up with an idea for an activity that will generate conversation and fun. Show your creativity here.

Good luck!
 LizBets
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:45:12 AM
Matt-e

Ok - now to you. Your profile is actually not bad. It reflects your interests and age without you sounding like a total doofus! I think you might want to delete that line about you sometimes being a total nutcase.. that might scare some away.. unless you can perhaps tell what you mean by that? Are you a scary nutcase or just a goofy practical joker??

I really like that you do volunteer work with kids.. THAT is a big in my book, and a lot of other women's books I'm sure. It says a lot about the type of person you are.

Perhaps expand a bit on what you are looking for and maybe add one or two more good pics.

You're a tall, good looking kid and it sounds like you've pretty much got your act together... you don't need a lot of help!

Good luck!
 LizBets
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:17:57 AM
MesaShyGuy -

You are making some common mistakes here.

First, you don't need to tell us your age, height, hair colour in your profile... it's already there in the top part of your description. It's not necessary to repeat it! Also... take this OUT:
I hate writing these things because if you write too much people won't read it all and if you write to little there is no basis by which to get to know someone so in the hopes of actually meeting someone I shall just be open and honest.
It's a waste of space, pointless and it is NEGATIVE.

Which brings me to the OVERALL TONE of your profile.... a BIG DOWNER!!!

- you talk about failures and make your whole life sound like one!
- you talk about bad times
- you talk about the past and your failures AGAIN
- you talk about not smoking or drinking (which AGAIN.. you have told us already in the upper part of your profile, so why repeat it here?). And there is no need to mention your father's DEATH!
- you talk about your divorce, more failure, the meaningless things in life, blah blah blah...

It's SAD!! And your pic makes you LOOK sad!! Can't you tell us about some happy things? what do you like to do for FUN.. ya know... F-U-N?? What makes you laugh? What activities bring you happiness and what would you like to share with someone? What kind of woman are you looking for? You mention you won't give up on your "aspirations".. well, what ARE they??

Sheesh!!! Guy!!!... I think you've got WAY too much baggage (a steamer trunk actually) and personally I would not even think about contacting you. I think you might want to take some time out from dating until you've got yourself out from under this big black cloud!

This is just how your profile comes across to ME. If I've got you all wrong, then I apologize, but I think you need to seriously start over... from a "happy place"!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:56:19 PM
Marggorel -

Ummmm, what am I supposed to review? There is NOTHING here! Your "about me" is ONE SENTENCE! You indicate that you smoke and drink OFTEN... not exactly a great selling point!

You want me to make an effort reviewing a profile YOU have made absolutely NO effort in creating??? Ummmmm... NO!!!

NEXT!!!!!
 LizBets
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:02:36 PM
Riff-Raff -

You are a party guy.. that's what I get from your profile. That and you like the platypus for some strange reason.

You have spelling and grammar errors and it's hard to read because it just rambles on with no sort of logical flow. It jumps all over the place. Try putting your thoughts into logical order and creating paragraphs. Separate the paragraphs with spaces so it's easier to read.

There's also a bit too much silliness and meaningless blathering like:
unless however, you're a lunatic stalker type that wants to chop me up into pieces in order to fertilize the garden, then i'm sorry, we can't date, nor can we be friends... ok, maybe i am shallow.. dammit! I never thought that I would be prejudice against anyone.. I'm sorry to all those psycho stalker types that I just offended.
It's not funny.. it's just plain annoying and makes me want to slap you!

Your pics are good, but too many hats!

It needs work! Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:14:49 PM
Wow.. Hal, you need to get out more
But thank you for the compliment.
 LizBets
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:01:12 PM
Martin -

Overall a good profile although I think it could be shortened up a bit - it reads like an autobiography! Your second long paragraph comes across as a wee bit negative. But other than that it's well-written and interesting. You are clear about who you are and what you want. Good luck!
 angelmt78
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:28:07 PM
Review mine, lol. I like honesty.
 LizBets
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:26:35 PM
BrzDragon -

First things first... do a spell and grammar check.. you have mistakes there.
"I think dating is the start to a long term relationSHIP". Maybe it is - maybe it isn't, but I dont think you want to be pushing that too hard on all your dates! calm down and go with the flow... no pressure on a date!

Remove the lame old reference to mind games...

Talk a bit about the kind of woman you are interested in meeting.

It could be better with a little more effort... good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:39:07 PM
Angelmt -

OK then hmmmmm.... here's what I see:

- You are unemployed
- You drink and smoke a lot
- You are going through a divorce but have already jumped into a relationship which "means a lot to you but you are slowing down a bit"
- You are not sure "where you are headed with this new relationship" so you are now out here looking for yet ANOTHER relationship because to quote you... you are "keeping your options open".

You are one of those women who cant handle being alone. You have ISSUES and you need to get them straightened out before you have a STRING of broken relationships and you are wondering why you can't find a good man!! Look at yourself, and get yourself figured out BEFORE you go out looking for yet another man.

How about putting all the dating aside for a while while you just work on getting your career going and taking care of YOU??

Anyway, all of that is not a profile review.. if thats what you MUST have then.. your profile sucks.. and any guy who comes across it and contacts you will most likely have just a quick one-nighter in mind and then he's movin' on. I mean PLEASE.. you are unemployed, still technically married, AND you already HAVE a guy! What more would he expect?

You've stuff to deal with... a profile on a dating site is the least of your worries.
 LizBets
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:47:00 PM
Skahasurfer -

OK - your pics are BAD... and your descriptions of your pics is worse. Get some BETTER pics that don't require a detailed description of each!

Remove ALL of the following:

I don't think anyone reads these,
So I,m just gonna change this part about every week.
I can't wait to go camping, Still to cold for this guy right now.
Update:I stand corrected ladies you definitely read these.

Heard about this site decided to check it out.
It,s been.... interesting.

Picture 1 : That's myself in the front of the boat, behind me is the top of my nieces head,behind her my brother in law.This was my favorite day.
Picture 2 : Is me
Picture 3 : That's my grumpy face
Picture 4 : picture of my camera through a waterfall
Picture 5 : That's me, bad picture but I liked the colors .
I'll add more each week all summer.
I don't know much else to put right now .I was thinking about an honest section here, Something like:

Honestly.....
On second thought..

Nah probably not a good idea,......
I'm perfect.. ..
honest.

Go with what's left, spell check and tidy it up and it's much better.
 LizBets
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:53:51 PM
Atoneman-

Very nice... very very GOOD profile.. a couple of little spelling errors, but in general GREAT JOB!

Guys could take pointers from you... you describe yourself, what you're about, what you like and what's important to you. You also are very clear on the type of woman you are looking for.

The only little change I would make ... I think I would use your 4th pic as your main one.. a smiling face always looks more approachable!

Like I said.. good job!
 LizBets
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:16:20 PM
Dolomite -

Nice profile, good job. But please delete the reference to it not being important that you DON'T have a pic here. Ummm.. YES actually, if you want success here, you NEED pics..of YOU, NOT your dogs, your cars, your bikes, your favourite cartoon character or anything else.
The sooner you get pics up of yourself, the sooner you will be getting some bites!

Post those pics!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:54:28 PM
Atoneman - nothing major...

Billiards (with an "i")
outgoing (one word)
a little (two words)
wants (no apostrophe)

Hey.. I'm just a real stickler for spelling and grammar, I'm sure there are people who really don't care.

Your profile is very good.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I will review your profile...