Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I will review your profile...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 angelmt78
Msg: 91
I will review your profile... Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Review mine, lol. I like honesty.
 LizBets
Msg: 93
I will review your profile...
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:26:35 PM
BrzDragon -

First things first... do a spell and grammar check.. you have mistakes there.
"I think dating is the start to a long term relationSHIP". Maybe it is - maybe it isn't, but I dont think you want to be pushing that too hard on all your dates! calm down and go with the flow... no pressure on a date!

Remove the lame old reference to mind games...

Talk a bit about the kind of woman you are interested in meeting.

It could be better with a little more effort... good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:39:07 PM
Angelmt -

OK then hmmmmm.... here's what I see:

- You are unemployed
- You drink and smoke a lot
- You are going through a divorce but have already jumped into a relationship which "means a lot to you but you are slowing down a bit"
- You are not sure "where you are headed with this new relationship" so you are now out here looking for yet ANOTHER relationship because to quote you... you are "keeping your options open".

You are one of those women who cant handle being alone. You have ISSUES and you need to get them straightened out before you have a STRING of broken relationships and you are wondering why you can't find a good man!! Look at yourself, and get yourself figured out BEFORE you go out looking for yet another man.

How about putting all the dating aside for a while while you just work on getting your career going and taking care of YOU??

Anyway, all of that is not a profile review.. if thats what you MUST have then.. your profile sucks.. and any guy who comes across it and contacts you will most likely have just a quick one-nighter in mind and then he's movin' on. I mean PLEASE.. you are unemployed, still technically married, AND you already HAVE a guy! What more would he expect?

You've stuff to deal with... a profile on a dating site is the least of your worries.
 LizBets
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:47:00 PM
Skahasurfer -

OK - your pics are BAD... and your descriptions of your pics is worse. Get some BETTER pics that don't require a detailed description of each!

Remove ALL of the following:

I don't think anyone reads these,
So I,m just gonna change this part about every week.
I can't wait to go camping, Still to cold for this guy right now.
Update:I stand corrected ladies you definitely read these.

Heard about this site decided to check it out.
It,s been.... interesting.

Picture 1 : That's myself in the front of the boat, behind me is the top of my nieces head,behind her my brother in law.This was my favorite day.
Picture 2 : Is me
Picture 3 : That's my grumpy face
Picture 4 : picture of my camera through a waterfall
Picture 5 : That's me, bad picture but I liked the colors .
I'll add more each week all summer.
I don't know much else to put right now .I was thinking about an honest section here, Something like:

Honestly.....
On second thought..

Nah probably not a good idea,......
I'm perfect.. ..
honest.

Go with what's left, spell check and tidy it up and it's much better.
 LizBets
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:53:51 PM
Atoneman-

Very nice... very very GOOD profile.. a couple of little spelling errors, but in general GREAT JOB!

Guys could take pointers from you... you describe yourself, what you're about, what you like and what's important to you. You also are very clear on the type of woman you are looking for.

The only little change I would make ... I think I would use your 4th pic as your main one.. a smiling face always looks more approachable!

Like I said.. good job!
 LizBets
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:16:20 PM
Dolomite -

Nice profile, good job. But please delete the reference to it not being important that you DON'T have a pic here. Ummm.. YES actually, if you want success here, you NEED pics..of YOU, NOT your dogs, your cars, your bikes, your favourite cartoon character or anything else.
The sooner you get pics up of yourself, the sooner you will be getting some bites!

Post those pics!

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:54:28 PM
Atoneman - nothing major...

Billiards (with an "i")
outgoing (one word)
a little (two words)
wants (no apostrophe)

Hey.. I'm just a real stickler for spelling and grammar, I'm sure there are people who really don't care.

Your profile is very good.
 lineguy
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:01:06 PM
O K GIRL WHAT DO YOU THINK
LOL LG
 LizBets
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:09:32 PM
Lineguy -
Hmmm, let's see here....

- no pic
- you do drugs
- Marital Status "prefer not to say"
- looking for "other Relationship"
- looking for fun times with good/bad "people"
- mail settings - "must not be looking for dating"

Sorry - I dont give cheaters TIPS on how to cheat better.

Go home to your wife and don't bother me again.
 LizBets
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:41:57 PM
Canadian Boy -
Please cut and paste your profile into Word or another program that will do a SPELL CHECK! Then use CAPITAL letters to begin your sentences and periods to end them! Put a space BETWEEN sentences otherwise they all just run together and are really hard to read. Capitalize the personal pronoun "I" NOT "i".

Your first date idea is too much... first its TOO MANY CAPITAL LETTERS WHICH INDICATES YOU ARE YELLING!!! TURN CAPS OFF!! Next, it's TOO MANY people along on your date! This is supposed to be where you get to know the woman, not the time to introduce her to all of your friends and neighbours! A first date is just the two of you... you will likely scare her away with all these other people checking her out on your first date! Change that idea right away!!

Also, you need more pics. with all these activities you are into surely you have one or two showing you out there having fun!

Your profile is messy and not very well thought out, but with a little work you should have better luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:10:21 AM
Man of Integrity -

Ok, normally I only do ONE review per customer, there are LOTS of other good people here who will give you a review if you must have more. However, since you asked so nicely...

Your profile is much improved.. however you still have a few minor spelling/grammar errors:

valve = value
guitar lesson’s = guitar lessons
allot = a lot
mountain’s = mountains
level’s = levels
Hay! = Hey! (unless you are referring to what horses eat)

Fix those up and you're good to go.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:07:00 AM
GoofBall -

Do I think anyone would reply to your profile???? You want the short answer to your question? NO!! Unless they are actually looking to adopt a 7 year old boy in a 30 year-old man's body!!

If you are looking to stay single for the rest of your life, just leave your profile exactly as it is. There is just so much WRONG here I don't know where to start.

Are you still reading this? If so I’m wondering why…
This is the ONLY intelligent thing in your profile and I'm asking myself the same question actually.

You think it's funny??? well, ok then... as long as you are getting a chuckle out of it. I didn't. It's dumb, boring, childish and sad.

Actually I think you are EXACTLY like a bratty little 7 year old child looking for attention and no matter what I might tell you here in the way of improvements (which would basically be a COMPLETE RE-WRITE).. you have NO intention of changing anything.

Now go cry to your mommy....

NEXT!!!!
 LizBets
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:17:36 AM
..................... *SIGH* This is getting tiresome now..............

Darvik... once again, a "nothing" profile. What am I to review exactly?? THREE sentences?
What do you want me to do??? Write the whole DAMN thing for you because you are too lazy to do it yourself???

You are living in Taiwan, learning a new language, travelling... and THREE sentences is all you can come up with??

I am going to bail on you here with the excuse that getting lazy-a$$ guys dates in Taiwan is beyond my limited expertise.

LizBets
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/23/2006 11:57:17 AM
Jaymthesexy -

oh boy... it's bad.. it's really bad.

You are "exiting"??? HUH?? Exiting what?? This world? This website?? What??? Do you mean EXCITING?? Because that would make more sense. The spelling and grammar abominations in your profile ARE somewhat EXCITING and unpredictable (ok - so I don't get out much).

You think social norms don't matter??? Like what?? You mean like BATHING?? Or eating with utensils??? HUH???

Your "about Me" section ENDS with the word "and".... WTF?? and??? and WHAT???

Oh my, I just can't do this.. my head hurts... it's too much work, and the pay is lousy.
 LizBets
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:01:54 PM
Galaxieguy -
Your profile must be hidden.. because I can't open it.

I am about ready to close shop here, so if you want a review.. times a 'wastin...
 LizBets
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:12:05 PM
Nicks24-

Stiff and wooden? hmmmmm... ok, *ahem* .... on to the review..

It is BORING Nick. Definitely needs some SPICE!! Come on.. you are a young good-looking guy. And there are LOTS of young good-looking guys out there so the competition is fierce. You have to do a way better job of selling yourself! You dont need to tell us your age, height, build.. it's already THERE in the upper part of your description!!

Yes.. you need better pics... and you need to tell us more about what you like to do.. offer some little anecdotes about your life... give us a bit of your personality here because it's definitely NOT coming through at all, unless you just don't have one??

Check out the threads on "Writing a Good Profile" at the top of this forum.

I'm sure you can do better...

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:21:20 PM
Ziggy -
It's pretty good. But a bit too many of (these). Try just re-working your sentences so you don't have to (add extra info) do that so much! Get it??

Also remove this sentence :
This is where I am supposed to tell the world about myself.... Ok, to start off
Yes, we all KNOW.. this is why you are here! It's just unnecessary.

And remove this:
I can list more of what/who I aspire my perfect match to be but I bet I am soon to run out of room in this section.
More unnecessary ramblings.

I personally don't like the reference to "dead cod lips".. I think that's a bit gross and a turn-off. Yuck.

Just a few little changes should help.

Good luck.
 LizBets
Msg: 113
SORRY - I AM NOW CLOSED FOR BUSINESS - NO MORE REVIEWS
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:23:14 PM
It's been fun... but I TOO need to get a life!!

Check out the many other good folks who are generously donating their time to assist you!

Good luck to all!
 ooollly
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/10/2006 12:09:37 AM
i know mine is long but go for it .... it may sound mean but have fun ... pick it apart ....
thanks
 civiceatinchevy
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:28:01 PM
Ok review mine pleae
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I will review your profile...