Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > An Insight into what hot women deal with on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 26
An Insight into what hot women deal with on POFPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

it has just occured to me that maybe Frank is just a good fiction writer.

What would be the point? In fact, I started this thread because I wanted to illuminate what some people's reality is like. Its not my reality, its somebody else's.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 27
An Insight into what hot women deal with on POF
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:02:59 PM
I average around 100 to 145 emails in my inbox as well.I dont consider myself to be a "hot chick" or anything.My pics are just ordinary outdoorsy tomboy type ones and a few I took with a webcam.I do have a lot of friends Ive made through the poetry forums ect.It might have something to do with the fact that the number of men here far exceeds the number of women ...Maybe thats why women get a lot more email than most guys do.
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:03:40 PM

lifes too short for that nonsense

I think I just got kicked to the curb.....

anyways Interesting thread Frank...

I'm taking My pictures down to let My mail box cool a bit.
 crazy chic
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:07:22 PM
lol ...that wasnt for u glimmerman.......lifes too short to play games......and alot on here are doin just that......and no once again glimmerman im not talkin bout u lol ....im going back to my corner now lol
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:09:37 PM
Well!!...I have a few Female Friends on this site..they try to answer what They can but I'm sure most of it just gets deleted..I could be wrong.....????
a percentage of it is stupid come ons and pervo mail from what I hear......

Crazy Chic I'd never send you pervo mail

ow ow ow...ow?? My back.......................lol
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:10:25 PM
Very interesting post Loose. There is a lot of truth to what you say. My conversations with this person has made me realize that although she can be pretty ruthless in hacking away at the e-mails, and although looks do play an important part in her selection process, she seems most interested in guys that connect with her on an emotional level. This person you were observing would have probably been successful in connecting with my friend.
 pamelaluva
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:12:37 PM
Good lookin' out Loosecannon...Its nice knowing that some DO pay attention to the smaller-and IMO, more important- details that make up a person. Its pretty easy to get caught up in all the craziness that dating -even online- has become.
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:17:18 PM

then all shes gotta do is leave her im off and take her pic off for awhile

Yes. That's what she does crazy chic. Its the only way to cope.
 destiplex
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:17:46 PM
"I average around 100 to 145 emails in my inbox as well" And how many are from men you have not met already? and of those how many are datable, to you? what ever the facts are I just think its cheezy to make something up just to talk about, I can be interesting AND truthful, all at the same time. If I want to know what women on pof deal with I'd prefer to hear it from a woman, not some guy! its like hearing a dog tell what its like to be a cat.
 Kelleyisnice
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:18:20 PM

anyways Interesting thread Frank...

Maybe they are just typos and they mean 150 messages in a month. Even when I posted several bikini photos, I didn't receive more than 10 or 15 messages a day, and I never averaged that many.
 crazy chic
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:20:16 PM
nah never glimmerman....im sending u the perverted male haha oops typo there mail***.....

OT: just deal with what u can handle......
 Man of Ink
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:20:31 PM
I see that emailing women causes problems. I shall stop at once. What was I thinking?
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:22:33 PM

Its pretty easy to get caught up in all the craziness that dating -even online- has become.

Yes pamelaluva the internet has tuned dating into a gigantic zoo/insane asylum.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:28:18 PM
^^Ive only met one guy off of this site so far and we dated for 8 months(Still friends) I think as I said before, the reason I receive so many emails is because Ive made a lot of friends here in the forums and especially through the poetry section.I have a thread there thats been running for a good long while.A lot of the mail I receive is people commenting on my writing.Some are from the great women friends Ive made here as well.I think people who post in the forums tend to get more email too.I do my best to answer as many emails as I can ,but always answer the ones from my buddies first:)The things I think are most important when looking for a partner are sense of humour,a strong sense of self,creativity,intelligence,passion for life,heart and a spiffy overall outlook on life.Thats what rocks my socks:)
 crazy chic
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:28:30 PM
it only turns into what u let it ......u CAN control everything u do on here.......dont let it control u

very well put alis kat!!!
 aspiring_angel
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:32:34 PM
I changed my mail options to reduce my mail. I also added a description of what I'm looking for in my profile.....that helps. Maybe she should try that? Maybe she already did
 destiplex
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:35:29 PM
Frankiethepunk I bow to you, You got GAME!!! I should be taking notes.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:36:32 PM
Thanks Crazy chick ^^LOL aspiring angel...I was thinking ....since I live in amish country,if I put up the "must live within 75 miles" restriction,Id never get any mail..
 destiplex
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:50:49 PM
[Maybe they are just typos and they mean 150 messages in a month. Even when I posted several bikini photos, I didn't receive more than 10 or 15 messages a day, and I never averaged that many]

not to be a dirty ol man but you are one beautiful lady. your 10 or 15 is likely near the top of the chart for getting emails.
 crazy chic
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/23/2006 12:17:46 AM
the thing about changing ur mail settings is a good idea.....but the other people can also go in and change theirs too ..just so they can continue to email u....so its kinda a no win situation unless u take control of it good luck everyone..i think im gonna throw in my pole
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/23/2006 10:42:29 AM
I think people who post in the forums tend to get more email too.I do my best to answer as many emails as I can ,but always answer the ones from my buddies first:)The things I think are most important when looking for a partner are sense of humour,a strong sense of self,creativity,intelligence,passion for life,heart and a spiffy overall outlook on life.Thats what rocks my socks:)

This has been my experience as well. I'm just observing that women who are photogenic and attractive get an awful lot of e-mails. They don't have to be interesting to attract a guys attention. On the other hand women tend to be interested in, and e-mail guys who have something to say in the forums or on their profiles.
 Bird in a Cage
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:38:40 PM
Wemon and what we deal with on POF could distory womens soul who did not understand the reality of life and what the human race will do to each other to get what they want.

When you know what you are looking for and want to understand about life... POF is an avenue to get to understand people and relationships ...but never decide till you meet a man or women till you take the time to get to know them. Which by the way dose not happen on email, chat or a month of dating.
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:13:49 PM
Great post Frankie... tell us more about your friend...
 LipGloss wHore
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:17:51 PM
lol... You know you just wrote to yourself?... must have been really distracted.....
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:23:48 PM
So tell us what is on Channel 5 tonight?????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh never mind, you said Chanel.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > An Insight into what hot women deal with on POF