Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Poet102781
Msg: 42
Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
So I get the capri's, work on some rock hard abbs, look at myself in the mirror non stop, empty my head, become full of myself, and buy into the whole namebrand generation, buy an expensive sports car, and that is what it takes to be feared by women?

Count me out.
 Poet102781
Msg: 43
Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?
Posted: 10/12/2006 7:23:09 AM
So I get the capri's, work on some rock hard abbs, look at myself in the mirror non stop, empty my head, become full of myself, and buy into the whole namebrand generation, buy an expensive sports car, and that is what it takes to be feared by women?

Count me out.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/12/2006 6:23:49 PM
No, I am not intimidated by a very attractive man. I won't
knock anyone for being blessed in the looks department.

And for the record, I think that is a very poor excuse to divorce a man ileah.
Wow, I wish that was the only big problem I had, huh!
I can understand that you were bothered with women hitting on him,
but you have to work on your insecurities.
I had a bf once, who told me that he would never get involved
with an attractive woman, after me, he would rather be with
and ugly girl, he figured no one would want her. His friends used to
hit on me. Anyhow, he looked me up many years later, and I was
married, at the time!
 FunAngler1970
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/26/2007 6:03:47 PM
Well put best way to be. Wondering right now what it might be like to be shy lol
 orchidtigress
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/17/2007 10:58:16 PM
Never... I only likes ones I am attracted to and have never had that thought even cross my mind.

To be honest, not sure why so many men are intimidated by attractive women....you never know until you try.
 kitaria
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/10/2008 3:24:38 PM
Intimidated by attractive men? Heck, I married one!
 Girlflower
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/13/2008 7:09:31 AM
"But seriously, i am sure plenty of great looking guys are just as interested in less than knock out women as they are in supermodel types....as a matter of fact, who wants to deal with all the other guys chasing her and her prissy attitude?"

Wow that wasn't nice....lol! What about the guys who think they are G-ds gift to women too!!!! Telling you how lucky you are to be going out with them!!!????

Girl's never go out with a guy who is prettier than you are... that's my motto....!

Girlflower
No one's chasing me.. because I'm not chase-able....
On dating histus..
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:01:39 AM
Intimidated? No. Attracted? Maybe, but it's the whole package that counts in the long run.

Pink
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:09:23 AM
I'm not, I'm drawn to them. I love some good eye candy, and if they are intelligent and can hold a conversation, I could talk to one all day...if they think I'm hot too then there's no reason why stuff can't happen.

: )
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/3/2008 9:02:06 AM
Just about everygirl I've ever date has told me that they were first intimidated by me.. After they get to know me and see how much fun I am and get to know my personallity they always tell me that they would have never guessed I was so down to earth.. I think its sad that both men and women more often then not, automatically assume that if someone of the opposite sex is beautiful they're automatically gonna be an stuck up ass or bytch. Yes nice guys can be intelligent and hold converstions and say more then "Hello" . Average and ugly people are not the only ones with smarts.
 Sardonis
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:21:46 AM
Lol, wouldn't if be funny if a hot guy and a hot girl who were mutually attracted to eachother couldn't, because they were both intimidated by eachother lol. ahh funny scenario

I bet that has happened a lot. Or they are both use to the other gender catering to them and they stand there face to face waiting for the other person to act like all the previous ones did.
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/11/2009 12:02:14 PM
I personally don't ever talk to anyone first- if their cute, attractive,plain, bald, head of hair, pudgy, skinny..doesn't matter I'm just the old shy woman that goes about her business.
 OutMind
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/16/2009 7:47:09 AM
I have to say that women are intimidated by very good looking guys. Seen it all the time. I've seen it where the girl does not want to get too serious because she feels that because all women hit on this guy she will eventually lose him, and one thing women want more than a good looking guy is a guy that feels long term. This actually plays well for guys like me, I do not consider myself good looking but rather, capable on the wits of my character, and gotten the girl instead of the hot looking guy simply because they talked to the guy, didn't connect, then talked to me. Hehehe.
 vampiresandwerewolvesohmy
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/16/2009 9:01:21 PM
Yes we are! Sometimes it's hard to gauge whether we're good enough for him or not and I think women are even more afraid of rejection than men.
 Prylo
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/17/2009 12:16:29 AM
Girls' looks intimidate men.

Guys' attitude intimidate girls.

/thread
 curlygrl
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 4:50:03 PM
I have had my share of attractive drop dead gorgeous
guys and not so nice looking guys.

I am an equal opportunity dater. Usually the not so nice lookings
have tons of charm and I end up falling hard. The real nice looking
ones I get very intimidated - dont ask me why, I have no clue as I am
not horrid looking but the not so nice looking guys seem to give me self
esteem issues because I am so nice looking but being seen with me makes
them want to cheat- okay anyway .....

I find out tonight there is a local guy who is freaking gorgeous has found out
that I am again single and is asking everyone I know where I live so he
can show up at my door - Im intimidated. Why - I have no idea. You would
thing at almost 50 I would get a grip. Nope. Still freaking.

Scared- you bet. Intimidated - you bet. Will I meet up with him - Good God
yes.

x EYC x
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:46:54 PM
When I was super scrawny I got approached more often than I do now. I've put on some good weight and now my clothes fit well and I hardly ever get approached. Now I have to do the work of approaching others if I want to find conversation. I don't really get it. Plus, I'll talk to anyone and everyone. If there's a good personality then there's going to be a good conversation.

FYI, I don't think I'm one of those super "Attractive Men". I just made a vast improvement to my physical attractiveness compared to what I used to look like.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/17/2009 12:02:04 AM
op, if he's hotter than her, yeah, probably. if she's used to getting a lot of attention from really cute guys, then it's just the norm for her. if she's not, then she may well be intimidated. it parallels her looks....afterall, cuter people are used to it...and less cute people aren't.

i will say i did think my 1st husband was way too hot, so i dismissed it. i was pleasantly, yet very surprised to find him chasing me. the 2nd husband, was ok, but he didn't compare to the first, so i wasn't too interested...he chased to no end and i caved in out of niceness...couldn't bring myself to hurt his feelings...eventually ended up liking him sincerely though...needless to say, there was never any intimidation with him.

overall, the answer is yes....but the reason for it was my insecurity at the time (the 1st guy). i was a late bloomer, so i wasn't used to it back then. that won't be the case with a gorl who feels more confident, however.
 Cape Sunshine
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/17/2009 7:52:06 AM
{{Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?}}

Yes, but I hide it well.........
 karma1160
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/17/2009 7:05:42 PM
Well If I am immediately attracted to someone and yes it has happened, I can act like a ditzy blonde in a heartbeat.
In reality I am more of a nerd than a social butterfly.

It just kills my sense of self , I totally do not understand why I would still do this.

However I like the feeling, so I can live with it.

It's kind of like having a royal flush and trying not to smile.
 blazey021
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/18/2009 1:12:08 AM
...uhhh YEA. lol not being the skinniest prettiest girl out there... it hard. You see all the hot guys being with the skinny pretty girls, and its just like... fuccccccckkkk lol
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2009 3:15:19 AM
Physically, everyone fits somewhere on the Zero-to-Ten Scale.

Realistically, most people will not "reach down" much more than a point and a half. Just as realistically and even though most people want and hope to "reach the high fruit on the tree", most people don't try to reach up much above a point and half either. Most of the time it is no practical.

Where the "intimadation" factor can come in is when two people are that point and a half apart. The one who is the "lower fruit on the tree" is hoping against hope the Higher Fruit will accept them. Which they may, for a variety of good reasons. On the other hand, Low Fruit fully understands that High Fruit may well be trying to reach higher themselves, and may get it.

Seldom is a man irritated that a woman says "Hello" to him, no matter what his looks. Looks are looks, but chemistry is quite something else. A pushy woman can be irritating, but that is not related to his looks nor hers. I don't imagine women appreciate pushy men either.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/18/2009 12:33:59 PM

Intimidated? No

It's just eye candy, so I enjoy the "scenery", and let the rest play out (see if his brain is as "attractive").
 latin9999
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/18/2009 8:04:23 PM
YES, I AM,

But I make guys to be nervious on firts dates too,
i think its so cute when guys get nervious because of me
presence

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >