Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheReason_
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Yes, but only if you are really, really, really good looking.

*blue steel*
 Kranck
Msg: 95
Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:19:57 PM
(how the hell would I know?)
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:58:16 PM
Yes and no, because I'm not automatically attracted to all or most attractive men.
No attraction = no intimidation.

If I am attracted to someone I might be intimidated a little but he may not be necessarily attractive looking to most others.
 RedElectric
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:06:21 PM
Definitely.

But what's funny is people tell me *I'm* intimidating.

*shrug*
 eddiegonza
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:58:43 AM
I'm a bit attractive and can't seem to find me a date. For some reason when I look at a women with a smile she gives me looking through the head lights look.
If I come around in later days she starts to dress to impress but still plays hard to get so I stop giving attention and that when they look at me like they whant me, but by then it becomes a huge tunn off to me. Why can't women grow a pair and let men know from the start with a look. I always seem to have more game with slutty pretty girls. Poor me no love....Alone forever.
 KER6969
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:50:22 AM
Not at all! But from my experiences, most attractive men have a harem of women around them and are usually very conceited and full of themselves as well as arrogant. Big turn offs for sure. I'd much rather be with an average looking man with a positive, healthy personality. Those are some qualities which attract me to a man.
 horses44
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2013 8:19:51 AM
Absolutely!! I am "secure" enough to say that I am "insecure" in the company of a good looking guy. Funny I came upon this topic as I was on another dating site this morning and had a guy look at my profile, I read his and almost cried I was laughing so hard - very funny, very bright and VERY handsome...way way way out of my league. Regardless sent him an e-mail and said I enjoyed reading his profile
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/27/2013 10:41:26 AM
Aww shuckins....you must mean the absolutely stunning stand there while i pick my jaw off the floor men.......yes absolutely they intimidate me. But not enough that I won't wink at 'em and smile. (big grin! :D)
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/27/2013 10:48:41 AM
I wouldnt say "intimidated" but because I know they would never ask for a date. So they become invisible to me. I just never think about it.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/27/2013 11:48:49 AM
I used to be, but not anymore, because ever since I started dating again after my marriage was over, a lot of attractive men approached me. At first I was thinking WTH? Me? Really? I've found out that even very attractive men have insecurities about their looks. Even the really, really good looking ones. That was a huge eye opener for me.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 7:54:07 AM
No, as evidenced by the one who has his arm around me in the picture. But then, I'm not intimidated by much in the first place.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/18/2014 5:13:40 AM
Intimidate? No. The word is misapplied, here.

I'd imagine that these allegedly good-looking men will think I'm "intimidated" by their alleged good looks, after I look at their profile, without a response to it. The fact is, I'm not interested; and this is usually based on what they write in their "about me" section, which is either poorly written, scant, or filled with nonsense characters.
 Dee4166
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2014 4:37:49 AM
Maybe this depends on where you live, because where I'm from there are a LOT of attractive people, both men and women, and I can't remember anyone ever really talking about being "intimidated by them" as an "issue" one way or another...in fact Montreal, where I live, apparently has a worldwide reputation for having the most beautiful women per capita than anywhere else in the world, according to many people that I've met who are well-travelled...Heard much the same from women about the men...
Now I have NO stats to back that up and the evidence IS purely anecdotal, as well as subjective BUT...I will say that since I have traveled some myself at this point in my Life, I CAN say that I agree...
Just walking down Ste. Catherine Street on a hot summer night, it STILL amazes me just how MANY beautiful looking people there are, from ALL races and creeds. colours and age groups...

But...as I like to say, good looks are GREAT, but, after the first 5 minutes, you are on your OWN....

Beauty is not only subjective, but it is ALSO a genetic accident...Attractive people can take NO credit for being born attractive,now,can they? It is NOT an "accomplishment" or an achievement on ANY level...
After all, they had NOTHING to do with it! I, personally, just can't feel intimidated by something that is as accidental as any OTHER "natural wonder" of the world...But, I can appreciate it for what it is, something pretty to look at like the Rocky Mountains...
Even folks who did the chrysalis to butterfly transformation...., underneath all of that fat there STILL had to be SOME genetic "luck" if you will, for them to be able to capitalize on what was already there, albeit, hidden...

Some people can't just lose some weight and then be considered good-looking...they will never have the genetic make up to be that way NATURALLY...
Which is why plastic surgery is so popular these days...

We live in a society that places a premium on what you look like...and while I can say that there are some pretty solid scientific studies to back up the argument that good looking people tend to have more opportunities as far as careers, choice of mates,etc. For myself I've been around too many people that are considered above average looking who are pretty vapid and insecure because they have fallen into the "trap" of believing that looks are the absolute KEY, to getting what they want in Life... so as a result when they're not standing around looking "pretty", they rarely have much else to offer...they're too busy in their heads feeling self-conscious and wondering who is looking at them and how they're being perceived and scanning a room for a mirror to make sure that they look PERFECT...It's EXHAUSTING to witness, and I know that it must be DOUBLY so, to live it yourself...
Now let me just be perfectly CLEAR here and say that not ALL attractive people are like this, in fact I know quite a few who are also terrific people, but that seems largely due to how they were raised, and what their own values are...
I myself have dated very attractive men and some not so much...People are JUST PEOPLE...Human beings unfortunately are in love with patterns on a biological level and want to categorize everything including looks...but the reality is that we ALL, without exception come into this world hard-wired with certain biological traits and are then socialized with others, one of which, hopefully, is the knowledge that we all have the ability to look BEYOND the "categories" that we create, if we choose to...
Last I checked, we are ALL going to get old, if we're lucky that is, and the playing field becomes a lot more level because good looks are, like youth, fleeting...
The really attractive ones are going to suffer from the loss of that youth and beauty MUCH more than those who never relied on it in the first place.

@rollo......
I can relate to your story ...not because I'm super hot, but because I was a fat kid,too, and when I dropped all the weight and got myself a new pair of breasts in my teens, all of a sudden I was "visible" in a way that I had never been before...
Guys who wouldn't give me the time of day before, all of a sudden started taking notice, which I must say that I initially enjoyed, until I began to realize that pretty much ALL they were interested in was fvcking me...Being able to go and tell all their friends that they, "bagged a hot one"...Yeah can't TELL you how "special" THAT made me feel...
I also lost the majority of my female friends, too, simply because they now looked at me as competition, rather than the good friend that I had ALWAYS been, and continued, to be...
Yeah, it was pretty harsh to realize that my worth as a person was so attached to how I looked and how other people perceived that...rather than on who I was....
But, welcome to Planet Earth...that IS how this world works, unfortunately, which is why many of the really good-looking people that I know are so neurotic, and the ones who aren't, seem to be those that have been attractive from birth and were lucky enough to have parents who emphasized the importance of developing themselves as PEOPLE, not focusing on what they LOOKED like...Probably the main reason that I have such a problem with those "kiddie beauty pageants", not that I don't have the same problem with adult ones either, but with children I just can't help but feel that parents are doing a serious disservice to their kids that will produce unanticipated and unpleasant backlash , for them throughout their lives...
You are still very young and you've now learned a very important Life lesson, sounds like, but can I suggest rather than feeling bitter about all of the unanticipated consequences, that you instead focus on the people, that includes women, that want to know YOU and ignore the rest...
Because those are the same people who judge others based on a wide variety of superficial factors aside from appearance, such as income, where you live, what you drive..and many other things that can change overnight and have NOTHING to do with anything truly meaningful...
Another little tip...don't bother with ANY young woman who is catcalling you on the street etc. THAT is a surefire way of knowing that you are dealing with not only an immature person, but one who has no respect for you as a human being and probably has the depth of character of a puddle....you won't be finding a "soul connection" with a person like that...only someone who is interested in objectifying you and has no interest in you as a person
 DragonBits
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/19/2014 5:10:00 AM
I have never intimidated women, being old, short, fat and bald gives me game.
 south_city
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/19/2014 9:07:58 AM
I wouldn't use the word "intimidated". But I think there are some people that will assume attractive men ( and women as well ) as arrogant, snobby etc.
 gingham7
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/19/2014 11:28:54 AM
I can't speak for other women. But I'm not intimidated.
 activemelaney
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2014 12:49:21 PM
Not in the least. My sisters and I got over a man's looks by the time we were 18. My father still talks about the steady stream of guys hanging around our place when he was in the yard working on the car, etc. Today he still he still jokes about his 'girls' and our partners as 'Beauties and the Beasts' .

I've never cared if a fellow is short, bald, crooked nose, etc. However, he absolutely has to be very fit....no extra weight...flat stomach. A fit man with great smile makes me melt.
 genteel92
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/20/2014 3:26:01 PM
I don't think so. I think women love attractive men..as long as they are approachable and nice. If he is a known narcissist..then women will be intimidated
 purplerider1200
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2014 5:57:28 PM
Some men have no idea where they stand in the looks department. And I've heard that women look for tall, slim, men. As near as I can tell, I've not seen any great advantage in it. As far as my looks, I couldn't be more in the dark about that one. Or maybe I should be in the dark.
 dardikadrake
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/27/2014 10:40:55 PM
yes but I contact them anyway...on the off chance that they are lonely and spent the night doing their boring routine...throwing up their dinner in the toilet.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/3/2014 9:28:01 PM
In a word.. " YES!!!" But I once bought the best looking guy in the bar a drink and told him it was " for looking so damn good" then I just walked away. lol.. I think I made his day.. he was all smiles.

Now THAT took guts.

Not if you walk away. You're not asking for a response, thus in line for no rejection (or accepting). Us guys have to start off this way to get used to interacting with pretty women. In the grocery store, book store, mall, bar, etc -- in passing, you smile and compliment something about them that doesn't imply anything sexual or 'standard' ("Wow, those are great shoes" + looking up at them and giving a warm honest smile with a hint of flirt).

You do it a few times in passing, then work your way up to, say, standing in a short, moving line with someone -- with your attention not held on them, as you're not hitting on them or expecting any conversation (putting the ball in their court IF they were to respond by starting convo, with no expectations that they will). Then doing that when sitting at a bar when they come up to order a drink, and moving your way up as your comfort-zone gets easier. You've already dealt with many that didn't result in any #s or dates, right? You're used to not expecting or chasing that. Soon enough, you're going to luck out, and also feel comfortable starting convo, too.

My sisters and I got over a man's looks by the time we were 18 .... However, he absolutely has to be very fit....no extra weight...flat stomach. A fit man with great smile makes me melt.

Yeah. You got over how a man looks. LOL.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/3/2014 11:20:42 PM
I never get asked out by anyone, least of all attractive men. So when I do pass them at the store or whereever, it's nice to have a look but that's the end of it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >