Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Abortions soon to become illegal again [Locked - Topic Hijacked]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marita_b
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Abortions soon to become illegal againPage 14 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
The same for humans.... if we do not terminate a pregnancy, the baby (fetus) continues to grow within the mother and at the end of gestation comes the baby. Amazingly simple isn't it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not quite,...since the body spontaniously aborts the fetus itself,..all the time,...

so 1+1= often zero,...
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Abortions soon to become illegal again
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:48:30 AM
Which came first the chicken or the egg? hmmnmn

So with that said Marita why not simply let the body/nature decide when abortion is necessary or not?

Have a nice day
 marita_b
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:57:26 AM
because the body can't tell the difference sometimes between vigorous and consentual sex,..and rape,...that's why we were given a brain,..far enough away,...from that part of the body as not to confuse which is for thinking with,...

sorry I couldn't resist,...my bad
 marita_b
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:01:04 AM
well see,...there is this stork,....and,...pst,..come closer,..(murmlemurmelmurmel)
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:50:13 AM
In the US: The World Health Organization estimates that 15% of all clinically recognizable pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion.
Mortality/Morbidity: Surveillance data from 1987-1990 reveal a total of 1459 pregnancy-related deaths in the United States. Spontaneous and induced abortions account for 5.6% of these deaths.
Estimates report that up to 50% of all fertilized eggs abort spontaneously, usually before the woman knows she is pregnant. Among known pregnancies, the rate is approximately 10%. These usually occur between 7 and 12 weeks of gestation. Increased risk is associated with women over age 35, women with systemic disease (such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction), and those with a history of 3 or more prior spontaneous abortions.
 marita_b
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:56:43 AM
you know I have had 3 of those,...2 I can proove,..and I Ijust KNOW,...

now no one counted me or even asked me,....

estimates are just that estimates,....their a guess,....

if you want to KNOW,..ask other women,...we know,....about our bodies better than some bean counter,...
 marita_b
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:29:42 AM
oooooooooooohhhhheee,....
very good point,...
shore66
 marita_b
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:36:30 AM
in what part of the world?
 raverdad
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:50:01 AM

So if you start having chest pain and shortness of breath, you will let the body/nature decide if you should die from a heart attack?

That argumetn can be flipped back on the pro-abortion crowd. In no other area of life are you allowed to legally kill another human being to cover up your own mistake
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:56:46 AM
@Marita
The United States of course "DOH" that is where Roe vs Wade was born and not aborted
Seems some on here have had a heart removal thus a heart attack would not be possible

Nice thought process raverdad

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:00:00 PM
I would dare say that once pregnant a woman should then turn her total focus on the pregnancy and infant to be. In my humble opinion, to me, she is just as responsible for the life inside her as any parent, man or woman, once the baby is born. So yes, in my view, she has already committed to the pregnancy by committing the act the precedes one...
If a woman does not want to become pregnant then take every single precaution but also know they are not 100% fail safe then learn to live with the end result, at least for 9 some odd months like their mother done for them and ours for us...
I am sorry but that is how I feel on the matter...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:20:55 PM
Yes Babs.. Its just my view...
I simply place a very high value on life
...a life who's voice may not be heard if not for people who think like me...
I'd dare say that 99.9% of every human ever born would say
"THANKS" and not "you should have had an abortion"
Why not give those with no voice the chance to someday say "THANKS" too?
OH... Yes I would give what I could to support the mother of my children or any other pregnant woman, if I could YES I would... It is the very least I can offer...

Have a nice day
 raverdad
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:23:11 PM

That would be in YOUR view, but not in law. And if you truly believe that she is 'just as' responsible then let's do away with this whole autonomy issue altogether and if she should require blood, organs etc., as a result of her pregnancy that she is beign forced to endure because of some stranger's idea of what she 'consented' to during sex, let us force that stranger, or the other biological parent to relinquish his/her organs/blood, etc., to give to HER, by FORCE if necessary, so that they may TRULY be as responsible as she is for their collective choice.

Drink and the drive go to jail

have sex and get an STD your fault

Not have home owners insurance and then have a fire tough luck.

it's called assumption of risk. Sex carries with it risks simialr to what we assuem in every day life. If you don't want to be pregnant then use BC and make sure your aprtner uses a condom. Once a lif eis started that life should be allowed to be born.

And there no constatutional protection allowing free and unfettered control of ones own body. Prostitution, and drug use bieng key examples. Socierty has the right to regulate the actiosn of the indivual in the interest of the greatest good. The simple fact that certain crimes like drug use extend in utero is proof tha the fetus is entitled to at least soem protectiosn form the mother while it reside sin her womb. Extendign these protectiosn to include elective abortion is needed to protect the unborn and stop abortion as birht control. nearly half of all aobrtions are not the first but the second plus aobrtion the woman has had.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:44:39 PM
The law did in fact do just that

but there is nothing that will ever transpire that will give you or me the right to dictate to a woman to terminate or continue a pregnancy....right or wrong that is the way it has been and the way it's going to be for a long long time.....

and is on the borderline of rectifying the mistake of Roe vs Wade. That is indeed a fact

Have a nice day
 raverdad
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:46:02 PM

As for the parallel you keep trying to wedge in this issue between DUI and sex- when you can prove that your automobile is a bonafide extension of your body, then you have a case. Otherwise, quit trying to equate your Fords with our uterus.

it dosn't matter the baby is not an extnesion of your body it has unigue DNA and no one should have the right to kill it on a whim.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:03:15 PM

atrkyhntr....no matter what the law says this comes down to a personal choice and the courts will always leave that choice open.....I hope your not depending on some judges to deny that...

No... I am demanding that they do just that
The wheels are turning and whether the are headed up hill or down they are still moving all the same

CHEERS Bro!!

Have a nice day
 confused/knothead
Msg: 342
Posted: 3/21/2006 4:26:45 PM
Babylonia said: "If being attached by placenta and an umbilical cord is not an extension of one's body, then what is?"
=========
comment: Babylonia, the fetus has blood that is not of the mother. The DNA of the fetus is from the father as well as the mother. While the mother is physically attached and carrying the fetus, historically the father has been furnishing support (financial / food / house / bringing home the beans).
I think that a father should have a say in the life of the fetus.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:08:22 PM

atrkyhntr....I hope you get what your looking to achieve....but if you were sitting with your better half and she tells you she's pregant and wants an abortion....do you think that if the law is passed denying abortions that you are going to be able to force her to adhere to the law?

I have no answer for that because I never had to cross that bridge... I did have a long talk with my X before we were married and abortion did come up and we both shot it down as never an option for us. She even stated she would rather give up her own life before terminating a pregnancy... I am glad that choice never had to be made I am not so sure I could have agreed to that, not sure at all...

this is one apsect of life that does not have one answer that satisfies everyone and that is why the courts should have no jurisdiction over it.......our conscience is what governs each of us...

There are plenty of laws that do not pacify everyone but that does not mean the Govt should forsake same...

Have a nice day
 raverdad
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:24:35 PM

Futhermore, this consent to sex = consent to pregnancy is a fallacy. Nobody has the right to the use of another's body against their will. If you are going to logically argue against abortion, then these 'rights' you want to afford to the fetus are rights enjoyed by no other. You want the same rights, or is it that you want more? Am I right to assume that you want rights to the fetus, from the time it is a blastocyst

I want zero abortions as birht control. That means restricitng them to the victims of crime and those who need one medically.

nature did not give the baby an option of what womb it woudl end up in. Murder is murder, no other class of humans is allowed to be deprived of life without benifit of a trial.

and you want rights for the man, well because, he has a right to dictate the outcome as well,

get off the feminst soapbox. I am very clear in stating that a man should have no more right to walk away forma pregancy he helped created than the mother shoudl have to end the pregancy she helped create.

Sex very much should equate with a cosnent to pregancy. If you don't want to ge tpregant then use precautiosn propelry or abstain form sex until you are ready. Not only pregancy and thus abortion but STD's abound in this country beucase peopel treat sex like childs play. it's tiem to grow up and act like adutls and stop killing children to cover up our mistakes.

No one is forcing pregancy on the mother but peopel are well aware of the risks. Engage in risky behaviour and deal with the condequnces. Since you borught up men. This standard already applies to men. We know tha tif we get a woman pregant we have an obligation for the next 2 decades come hell or high water. And don't give me the health risks issue. The womam and man engaing in unprotected sex already entered a world full of deadly diseases that kill and maim more people each year than complications form pregancy.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:17 PM
I will be sure to vote for politicians who are pro choice

Pro choice and anti gun?
What if that it is that choice against pro life and pro gun?

Have a nice day
 raverdad
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:13:24 PM

We've been through this vitriol time and again. A) it isn't murder and B) the woman has a right to dictate what her body is used for.

A)m it is murder just legalised murder and hopefully that will be changing soon.

B) the Fetus is not her body it is a unigue indivualtha tis onyl inside of her beucase of her actions.

Oh yawn, so what is it? Do you want a man to have the right to dictate his wishes or not? Yes or no?

No I don't if she wants to use or not use birth control or contrapcetion the mans only right is in his own decsion to either engage in sex with her or refrain form sex with her. However if she choose sot not use BC or uses it improperly thena s a mebmer of society I do wish to protect the innocent chikdren waitign to be born. Choice for both adutls aprties shoudl end when the both say yes to ahving sex without the proper precuations.

There goes that blood libel again

Its not Blood Libel, babies really are dying.

That's your mentality that abortion isn't dealing with the consequences. I happen to think abortion is a horrid thing to have to go through, and birth a blessing. I happen to believe a baby isn't a consequences but a gift, and resent the thought of bringing babies into this world as punishment to those who are already either not ready to be responsible parents or not even conducting their bodies responsibly. But, let's go with your idea and force irresponsible people to be responsible for babies and children. Yeah, that'll solve all the problems and end the need for abortions and end unplanned pregnancies everywhere

Abortion stops a beatign heart. I never said I woudl forc eparneitgn on anyone. Adoption is an alternative. Ther ear eplenty of homes for babies. The only problem is red tape and for profit agnecies.

Oh, I wouldn't think of giving you that ole' "health risks issue". I wouldn't dream it. Afterall, you wouldn't know a thing about it. If it were YOUR body that possibly faced the health risks you'd be standing on a 'soapbox' of you very own. But since it's women, and since it's only women who face this when they consent to sex, why should this really be an issue now? How dare those feminists for even bringing it up. Tsk, tsk.

Pregancy no, STD's the other magor risk involved in sex yes both sexes share the risk. The arguemtn is adutls actign like kids when it coems to sex and then kiling kids to escpae what they've done.

And because it's a consequence both men and women share, I've yet to hear you mention them dealing with the consequences of their actions by not seeking a medical alternative, since, afterall, they consented to it.

STD Pregancy abortion
get a shot get prenatal care kill your baby.

A fetus is not a virus it's a human being.
 raverdad
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:03:21 PM

I have no right to enforce my mores on her body.

We hve all sort sof laws that ct to limit what a person does with their own body in the name of the greater good.

What happens before parenting issues arise,

we ar etlakign aobut unwanted pregancies/children

Again, I do not share your views that abortion is an escape since I believe it is ugly, but a necessity

It is very much an escape. It is basically, I will trade your life for my career, schooling, desir eot be free form strecth marks, or having to tell mom and dad that even thought don't like (insert name,color, race here).

There goes your whole "they acted irresponsibly so they must accept the risks of their actions" argument altogether.

My stance is clear. Choice should end once sex begins beucase is a pregnacy ruslts that is a unigue human being who deserves life.
 Antagonist
Msg: 348
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:37:58 PM
It's our fault. Roles of men and women have been blurred for so long that no one seems to know who they are anymore. Women are now responsible for getting the food into the home while men now think they should make decisions regarding pregnancy.

Men have ZERO place making any decisions with regards to a womans pregnancy. And, in my opinion they should NOT be the ones raising the children!

Don't bother giving me some rare story of child abuse so the kids better off with the Dad. I'm not talking about rare extenuating circumstances.
 confused/knothead
Msg: 349
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:15:07 AM
Antagonist says: "Men have ZERO place making any decisions with regards to a womans pregnancy."
========
irr/ag responds: the fetus is as much his as hers. Whether of the fetus's blood or DNA.
And, surely he is responsible for its (and the mother's) support.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 4:20:02 AM
"Men have ZERO place making any decisions with regards to a womans pregnancy."

That statement there has more to do with more men wanting a say then not...
I still cannot believe that women think men are such a small part of the equation and have nothing to say about the fetus one way or the other. Yet mind you once the infant is born men in -->MOST<-- cases are more then 75% financially responsible... Go figure... You want it both ways...
Why doesn't anybody come forward and show me anyone who wishes they were aborted? How can we justify death over life simply because life may become a burden for someone?
We, as humans, are our own worse enemy

Safe, Legal and RARE. That's what abortion should be.

Rare is the key word here!!!
Rare, like my good buddy NewB...
is at using his brain when it comes to women LMAO bro<---inside joke...

Have a nice day
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Abortions soon to become illegal again [Locked - Topic Hijacked]