Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Abortions soon to become illegal again [Locked - Topic Hijacked]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raverdad
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Abortions soon to become illegal againPage 18 of 63    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)

Disapproval of somene else's fear does not strike me as a sound basis for public policy.

Then why outlaw racism and discrimination?

Seriosuly allowing woma to throw away the next gernation in a tiem when the population is aging does not strike me as good public policy.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Abortions soon to become illegal again
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:14:23 AM
Right on deagleninja & raverdad ...
You can't argue with those who have no logic bro's

The body rejects zygotes far more often than they are allowed to "take". Spontanious abortion is normal, and natural. Giving the woman choice over what her body already does most of the time is unnatural?

No reply needed... That statement is comparing apples and oranges...

It is funny how many women on here wish us to think that becoming pregnant is a huge downfall and puts them at such a high risk... Walk across the street or drive your car and smoke your cigs is far more dangerous to ones well being then becoming pregnant... Many women feels blessed to become pregnant and don;t look down at the experience and yes I said MOST...
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:21:31 AM
@Babs
...in no uncertain terms is this statement logical

Then let's ban birth control too.

Can't argue with someone who uses BS for fertilizer

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:57:27 AM
You cannot place words in his mouth...
Those were and are your words not his
geeeezsus anyway...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:12:35 AM
Certmale...
You really need to become educated on abortion
because your statements are not true or can you point
to somewhere online or not where you have this info?

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2006 3:54:48 AM
Glad you had your eyes opened up...
Now work on your mind
I think that more should do the same
I for one choose to keep the pressure on to
ensure that abortion becomes a thing of the past...
With over 30% of US registered voters Christian Conservative
( a large active voting block )
I'll have plenty of help

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2006 6:29:02 AM
I understand

Back at ya bro

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:12:27 AM
Sure is coca2...
Shame that in this day and age there can be so many angles to play concerning the murder of a fetus, in my opinion it is murder when the crime was aimed towards the expecting woman and the fetus's life was terminated
At the very least you would expect a wrongful death judgement...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:34:19 PM

Last time I checked, women were the ones who get pregnant - since it is their bodies that endure either pregnancy or abortion, they are the ones whose opinion matters. Of course, I would grant any pregnant man the same right to self determination.

Maybe we should simply go back in time and take away women rights period...
The we'll see whose body it is
How would you like them apples
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:37:12 PM
Only agenda I have is showing how many times YOU use the same old rhetoric "its my body" which will not fly anymore
I dare say I have done far more for my true agenda then you have with yours
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:49:09 AM

When a woman decides to terminate a pregnancy she makes a decision that directly affects her body.
Not yours.

When a woman allows/subjects herself to becoming pregnant she gives up her body to the right of life of the fetus. That is called biology 101 and is what women and men are placed on this earth to do (multiply)... Abortion is murder plain and simple. Any other argument is fallacy...

Again, perspectives are only "true" if you say they are?

...and they are not simply because you question them? Ignorance is bliss I see...

Wow, it's only rhetoric when it's concerning a woman's body? Everywhere else, intrusion upon another's body is called assault.
And abortion is only murder when it suits the namecaller.All other times it is 'justified'.

Intrusion as defined does not fit your perspective/definition and only again shows the blind rhetoric of the abortion rights mindset...

Abortion is the lowest form of human endeavor. I may as well state a smoker has invaded my body with impurities thus I will abort the cause of my bodily harm. Is this not the same?
Murder is murder...
"My body not yours" is no defense its defensive

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 438
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:20:39 AM

So is pregnancy

NO, that is an end result

And what can you do about it? Jump up and down and tell them how wrong they are?

What kind of answer is this to someone who has taken an active position via debate?
Your comment does more harm then good for your argument...

Our opinions do not extend to enforce another to abide by them, and until such time when the fetus is not required to be completely supported by the processes of the woman's body, she gets to determine if her body will be used in that manner.

Furthermore, what of the men who hopped into the sack without much forethought, in your opinion? Or, is it only women who were blessed with the gift of thinking ahead, and have to do the thinking for both parties?

Again no... Both parties have to live with the end result pregnancy or not... The woman and her "its my body" is all you have left
Abortion is used as you have explained it more towards a method of birth control then a "its my body" defense... Everyone who uses B/C knows the risk involved and should live with the end results... Murder can be used to define abortion when it takes the life of a fetus simply for convenience...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:23:16 AM

The problem isn't actually to abort or not to abort for most people, it's having another person control what you do with your body.
Women's rights would be violated if abortions were to become illegal. It doesn't matter what side of the abortion fence you sit on - it is a violation of rights for government to allow this.

The problem is that women do not equate abortion with death instead they wish to use it as a guise of control over their own body. Death is death no matter how you slice it.
Why should a women's so called rights supersede those of the unborn who are tossed aside and voiceless?

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:46:40 PM
Aww but Babs
What some say they would like to see hap'n under the law is that the moral turns into precedent because as it stands now you can add the moral and $2.00 and get a good cup of coffee...
There are many cases we have talked about where a man should be left out of the equation and there may well be more in the future but there also are abuses of the abortion law as it stands now and we should, as a free society, weed them out quickly or ASAP in the least...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:03:55 PM

Add to that the nightmare of actually proving abuse, and we have a judicial nightmare that will make it harder for abuse victims ( be it verbal, emotional or both including physical and sexual) to remove themselves from controlling and abusive situations.

This is a gray area that I know will cause headaches for both sides till the end of time...
We must as a people breath deeply the breath of wisdom and righteousness and make laws that protect both the woman and the fetus be it an easier more precise way to allow adoptions with policies that work as quickly as possible, a way to have equipment installed, cost free, to catch the abuser on the phone or in the act... Seems we have far too many laws that protect those who are guilty then laws for those who need protection
I dare say that as a society if we have laws that protect the guilty to ensure we do not imprison the innocent then surely we can create laws that will protect the unborn so that one life may not be terminated that should have lived...
I am hopeful that is not too much to ask of good honest decent humans

No, a full-fledged human being should take priority over a potential one.

I for one cannot comprehend how someone can say for the sake of its my body that they and they alone should have the final word on life or no life on a whim or not... There must be a better way to bake this cake, there must be

I can look at my children and the children of others and know what a wonderful gift we have been given... How lucky we truly are !!! Life is far too precious to toss aside like yesterdays forgotten trash... I know there are exceptions and I for one can become very vocal for the decision to abort and support same in some cases. But we must weed out the abuse it is the right thing to do as a people and as humans in general..

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 3:07:25 AM
I think for almost any woman, the decision to abort is not taken on impulse, but out of what she perceives as necessity. That you or I might not agree with her does not allow us to trivialize her difficult choice.

You THINK???
Means you have never done anything but sit at your desk pounding away at the keyboard... hmnmnmn
The only thing that is trivial is when someone does nothing to back up their agenda but sits comfy at home far away from the problems that face this society, abortion being one of them... This forum is nothing and will do nothing to create a viable solution...

I have seen the fear in the faces of women who were lucky to have found a smiling face and a hand to hold because they listened to their heart then chose a path that helped decide for life over death... I have had tears of both joy and sorrow run down my cheek many more times then I can count... Too much for me to take anymore don't think I can handle it now with all that is going on in my personal life...
I can say without hesitation that over 75% of the women we talked to did in fact act on impulse, a whim, when they were deciding to take the low road of abortion then found a pamphlet, phone number or by chance had a conversation that turned them to a place that offered help and guidance...

I have worked as a volunteer at two different right to life org...
Cleveland Right to Life
4427 State Rd
Cleveland, OH

Pro Life Office-Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
1031 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH

Get involved and get educated on the matter before telling me that many women do not act on a whim in this matter... Granted some do take the matter as serious as they should and I would say that they are the ones who most likely, from experience that I have seen, choose abortion more so then not because their reason are as moral as one can be given the life that will be lost forever... There are some very very good reasons for abortion but just like the death penalty we should ensure that we fail on the right side not the wrong abd give life the largest chance for outcome...
That was the one over riding reason I choose to leave as a volunteer... I did not want to push some women away from what they really needed to do and that was have an abortion...

This was in years past of course when I had the time... Thus I can say I have walked the walk and talk the talk... Have you???

I know via private messages Babs knows where I am coming from but for the sake of discussion I choose not to devulge too much inforamtion about myself in these forums..

Have a nice day
 Double Cabin
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:02:19 AM
You know I'd say something to the Catholic from the Cuyahoga but Babylonia and Shore have obviously put forth far more than adequate substance already. I am so uplifted when I see women confronted with illogical men that retain the capability to reason within viable syllogisms. I love it when a stereotype takes a shot in the proverbial a*s*s.

My Aunt was a Mother Superior. She of course hates abortion, but she hates myopic rhetoric as well. You insult all women with your ludicrous contention about them having abortions on whims. Abortion, however you feel about it, is a considered alternative at the very least. The Supreme Court will never overturn Roe vs. Wade. We live in a Consittutional Republic, not a Biblical Theocracy. Suggesting men have any place in determining a woman's right to an abortion makes one more or less a Taliban IMHO. I'm sure your kenning is widely shared in Pashtunistan. I wonder how abstinence education would go over there?

I would take the Right To Life Lobby far more seriously if they actually had the interests of the underclass in this country in mind. I've been to Planned Parenthood and handed protesters a petition promising to adopt a child from an unwed mother. How many do you think even gave it lip service let alone signed it? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't a premiseless 75%.

Just say no to moral imposition. Embrace the substance of reality, not the emotion of delusion. My apologies to any reasonable right to lifer I have offended. Their are great hearts on both sides of this issue however different our kennings are.

atrkyhntr™
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:26:50 PM

I have been "involved" when family members have faced unplanned pregnancies. Each made a different choice, one for birth and one for abortion, and I can assure you their decisions were not made lightly.

Involved is an experience not education...

My take on pro-life and pro-choice is toss out the top and bottom 25% and then let the rest of us hash it out

@ Babs
Already messaged you about your read to keep my private life just that, private

You know I'd say something to the Catholic from the Cuyahoga but Babylonia and Shore have obviously put forth far more than adequate substance already. I am so uplifted when I see women confronted with illogical men that retain the capability to reason within viable syllogisms. I love it when a stereotype takes a shot in the proverbial a*s*s.

My Aunt was a Mother Superior. She of course hates abortion, but she hates myopic rhetoric as well. You insult all women with your ludicrous contention about them having abortions on whims. Abortion, however you feel about it, is a considered alternative at the very least. The Supreme Court will never overturn Roe vs. Wade. We live in a Consittutional Republic, not a Biblical Theocracy. Suggesting men have any place in determining a woman's right to an abortion makes one more or less a Taliban IMHO. I'm sure your kenning is widely shared in Pashtunistan. I wonder how abstinence education would go over there

Babble at best and nonsense in the least
Not worthy an effort of refute on my part
You pretty much summed up yourself and a good job you did at that
 raverdad
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 11:41:32 PM

Because you say so? Don't have an abortion if you are against them, you do not get to make that choice for others. What your opinion is makes not a whit of difference to what the woman decides. You are right, there are plenty of options. Abortion is one of them. MYOB. Period.

Not this same old tired arguement all over again Babs. We both know society has th right to regulate behaviour and conduct. Speeding, drugs, business ethics the list is almsot endless. Any place the goverment feels the actions of the indivual are a danger to society as a whole. Wiping out a good chunck of the next generation is a threat. The very fact that SCOTUS once said that somehow abortion was outside the realm of estalbished precendent excpet along narrowly defined lines will eventually lead to it being reversed.

Deny it all you want but eventually the right to elective abortion on demand in the USA will be a thing of the past. Remembered like slavery and the Indian Wars as a black eye on our national character for slaying our unborn for personal greed.
 raverdad
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2006 12:19:40 AM

Even if you posit that the z/e/f is a person, with all the rights thereof, it doesn't follow that another person can be forced to use her body, against her will, to incubate it, and use her body's resources for it.

Not quite true. 4 points

1) Donor babies concoeved for a compatable boen marrow doantion hav ehtier bodies used without cisnent and at signifigant risk to themselves. Thus a liivng breathing person can be force to have their body used agianst thier will for anothers benfit.

2) In the case of pregancy the parasitic attachment is not formed by the bady but by the mothers actions.The baby does not invade the mother and take over, it is brought into bieng by the mothers actions.

3) Womabn ahve succesfulyl sued to sue the stored sperm of dea dhusbands to create a pregancy. This is a direct case of someone enforcign their will on another in the area of reproduction. Dead or not if reproduction is a choice then some one who cannot give consent should not be forced to reproduce dead or alive.

4) Despite the double standard advance dby woman cosnent to sex is indeed cosnent to pregancy......................... if your a man.

The whole idea of reproductive privacy and control is a myth.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2006 8:05:36 AM
Let a man try to step into the equation and they are summarily tossed to the side...
Pretty typical of the types I've dealt with in the past and still

and what's your education? Are you an expert on abortions? If you truly believe what you said then you should not be commenting at all.

Typical response is to ask questions before giving your qualifications...
Side stepping the obvious intent implied "get out of my world"...
If that is all you have then why bother

Lets hear some pointed answers to your own questions

Only 1 choice, #1. As I have pointed out before, it is a KNOWN FACT that all contraceptives have a failure rate. If you engage in a game of chance (playing the odds) and lose, chalk it up to expeience and stop whining about it, but you do not get your money back and you do not get to kill the baby. Your arguments are disingenious and demonstrate a lack of comprehnsion of the points being made.

Well said and thought provoking... BRAVO!!!

The whole idea of reproductive privacy and control is a myth.

Along with absorb and totally self serving...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:08:59 AM

Ah, but when one does give her qualifications, they are dismissed or ignored.

I ignore you because when backed into a corner all you have is "its my body" time and time again... You again have no education just a few, as you stated not me, experiences and experience is not the best teacher that is HOGWASH BS used by uneducated people who do not take the time or make the effort to become truly involved
You are "A" typical when a man steps up to the plate as are many here on this forum... Problem is this is not the 70's this is a new time line where we are using a conservative court via legal jargon and future precedent to justify our agenda on abortion... And many can't take the heat that their side is possibly losing and just may lose years of gain when all is said and done...
Again and again all we hear is "its my body"... If that is all you have this time you will lose what it took so many so long to gain...

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2006 2:33:35 AM

It is too bad that you are unable to grasp the nature of the "it's my body" argument. I am not "backed into a corner" because I refuse to believe that you or anyone has the right to force a woman to take the risks associated with childbirth - or abortion, for that matter.

Easily refuted ... Keep your legs crossed or be prepared for the consequences of your actions... Pretty simply concept... I refuse to let a potential life be destroyed so you can have your its my body defense intact while continuing on with your morally corrupt lifestyle. Abortion should not be abused to the point that it becomes the preferred method of BC... Your position of course with the its my body defense... Don't like it too bad how do you or anyone else think the fetus feels... Oh thats right you do not care

To dismiss as irrelevant someones personal experience strikes me as the height of arrogance

I'll take that as a complement TYVM
Obvious you only go by your very view experiences and lack of education... You have made that clear enough...

As I pointed out several pages ago, the original decision was made by Justices who came to the Court with no such agenda. Your hope for a Supreme Court that will overturn Roe v Wade is predicated on having the Court "packed" by Justices who have indicated their anti-abortion stance. Do you think that politicizing the Supreme Court in this way is some sort of triumph of democracy?

If you do not like how our justice system is setup go somewhere else or do something to change it...
You obviously have not studied the why's of this ruling... Figures...

Does that surprise you that we are angry ? Is there something wrong with fighting for our rights?

You are doing nothing, again, but beat on computer keys or you would have offered up what you are doing here for others to join in and help...
I am back to ignoring those who do nothing but open wide and say nothing but useless rhetoric

Everyone else have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2006 2:26:34 AM

women staying in the kitchen

I can't agree with that...
That is the thought process of the previous generation...
Now I am hopeful my children's generation can end racism... It seems they are more likely to push the envelope then we are...
Women, to me anyway, are on equal ground with men and not only play a very important role in society but one that society could not function without... I have a general distaste for gender based bias... I do not view anti-abortion as gender based bias if anyone tries to go down that road

Have a nice day
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Abortions soon to become illegal again [Locked - Topic Hijacked]