Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happytobesingle
Msg: 3
interested in settling down?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
With just One or till someone better comes along?
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
interested in settling down?
Posted: 2/26/2006 7:55:36 PM
Having someone to snuggle with on rainy morns and cold winter nights, having someone to share my fears, my strenghts, my goals, desires in life. I have walked away from many relationships in the past because I wasn't ready to make the committment the man wanted.I am finally ready to make a lifelong committment and to have someone in my life all the time.I am not "looking" for a husband in every man I meet, but should I meet someone I won't walk away this time.
 po1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:35:42 PM
hugs for the sake of hugs....both with my wife and my son....
ever seen the love in a childs face? It's beautiful....
knowing that someone loves you...for you...
unconditionally.
(and, by the way, loving that someone the same way)
 Bandito
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:54:32 AM
My dreams....just both of us being affectionate towards each other walking hand in hand where ever we go (except the bathroom of course), never fearing rejection taking a spontanious and passionate kiss, never wanting to let go from a deep and loving hug.

Simple dreams are sometimes the best
 Bandito
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:41:42 AM
Nice to know I am not the only one to share the same dreams beffers
 YamIhere
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 11:58:08 AM
I have a question ... why do you need to find someone to settle down? I'd consider myself settled.
 YamIhere
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:14:55 PM
True, essentials, and by no means am I casting blame upon you, but with every figure of speech there is a perception. I just don’t understand the stereotype that if you’re an unmarried adult via your own choosing that you are perceived as being “unsettled” in life. It connotes a sense that your life is incomplete unless you have given in to the will of the tribe and followed the path of the herd.
 sayonara7
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:37:57 PM
wow....never knew men actually thought about settling down from their heart.....wow....this is cool......now I get it where all the nice men were hiding.

People start posting threads like this......and all the nice people will come flying.
 sexyviper
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2006 12:08:01 PM
this is what I told my wife on our wedding day and it still holds true today

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you
are making of me.
I love you because you have done more than any creed
could have done to make me good, and more than any fate could have done to
make me happy.
You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a
sign.
You have done it by being yourself.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/12/2006 1:04:56 PM
I'm not at all surprised at the genuine and real responses in this post. We all want most of the same basic things. It's getting past the crap, being brave, taking chances and being open that will (hopefully!!) get you there!
 realmike
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:54:13 PM
am victor,i think we have one thing common,can we settle down together?i think am strongly in love with u,can u love me back?am law student ,a nollywood actor,so so hot and strong.email.sirvicnoskinpain@yahoo.com.my num.+60103682406.would like to hear from u
 realmike
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:58:32 PM
intrested in settling down with u,i really want to settle down too,hope my long search has just ended,am victor
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:40:45 PM
I wanted for years to fnd the right man to settle down with and love with all my heart, and I finally found him. I feel like God finally said it was my turn.
I can sit on the couch with him and watch television and we hold hands and I am content. He knows how to make me laugh, and I make him laugh...he totally gets my sense of humor, whether I'm being dry and mocking or silly. We have private jokes just between the two of us and can laugh for hours being silly together.

He takes the time to call me during the day to see how my day is going and if I am happy, and when I call him during the day, he is always happy to hear from me too. I am a diabetic, and he always asks what my blood sugar is, and makes sure that I am eating properly and taking my insulin. He works out a lot, and I always make sure that he is eating enough calories and taking his vitamins and protein shakes. We take care of one another, and it's not a burden, it's out of love and caring.

When I've been home all week and too busy and stressed to do anything fun, he surprises me with weekend getaways to places not too far away, but far enough to be new and interesting. We take romantic helicopter rides at sunset, go to wonderful restaurants, shop for antiques that we both love, and search for cookie jars that I collect. He surprises me with gifts that I find lovely and romantic, like beautiful candle holders that match my kitchen perfectly, or garden lights that line my walk that change colors. He knows my taste perfectly and buys me beautiful dresses that flatter me to no end, and he indulges my shoe fetish.

And while doing all of this, he opens doors, holds my hand, kisses me at random, and tells me how much he loves me all the time.

These are the things he does for me.

I do things for him too, I cook all of his favorite dishs and serve him like a king. I help him pick out his clothes and see that they are perfectly ironed and laid out for him. I make sure that if he has a headache, his head gets rubbed and he gets medicine immediately. I dress to please him and make sure that every time he sees me, I look my best for him. When we go out, I make sure he is always proud to be seen with me. I make sure that his families birthdays and anniversaries and holidays are remembered and gifts are bought and wrapped. I never nag ( I hate women who do that), I don't complain if he wants to watch sports, instead I lay my head on his lap and watch with him until I go to sleep with him on the couch. I show him affection in every possible way, and I NEVER say no. I never have a reason to, making love to him is amazing, and I can never get enough. I respect his feelings, as he respects mine, and I would take a bullet for him if it came to it.
I have never been so pampered and loved in my entire life. He makes me smile all the time. He and I can discuss everything from religion, to politics, to sex. Even though we have opposing views on some things, we both respect one another's opinions and our conversations are always insightful and interesting. I treat him like a king, and he treats me like a queen.
I pray that this never changes, and I will do everything in my power to keep this relationship healthy and happy for the rest of my life.
Thank you God for sending me this man!
Beth
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >