Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tim49250
Msg: 26
Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Cute DaFlash, what is the hair for but to protect this sensitive area? I really have no clue except this how about you?

man was made in god's image.....god must have nipples

Marol, Do you really think God has nipples? If so what do you see God doing with them?
 chuckyboy
Msg: 27
Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?
Posted: 2/8/2007 10:24:11 AM
if your trying to "figure out" the answer to your question, then your answer must be purely a mortal, physical one...and the chromosome theory sounds plausable to me. if on the other hand your surching for the Truth to the matter, the Truth is ; the human body evolved this way - it was never directly created. so dont confuse yourself by trying to mix truth with Truth - they are neither equal or equivilant.
 MustangSteve
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/8/2007 5:17:50 PM

Perhaps Adam gave birth and nursed his young before Eve’s arrival ?
i dont have the slightest clue but so glad He gave them to ladies ;-)
 And Can It Be
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/10/2007 8:25:49 AM
I haven't read any responses, but I think God gave man nipples because they are part of a complete human body.
 plentyofrick
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/10/2007 11:35:04 AM
because hell is really an eternal nipple twister...

in stereo
 onesimpleneed
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:19:40 PM
A major pandoras box here and quite unsettling for some to accept. Since God gave us a brain and we have used this brain and are able to determine that all people are conceived as females (we know this beyond a doubt for sure) and that we are not made male until later it brings up an even stickier quiestion.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Life begins at conception, i.e. it is when I am created and since I am conceived female therefore since I was CREATED in God's image I must then draw the logical conclusion that God is indeed female correct?

If not and life does not begin at conception, then the whole abortion issue becomes a moot point as we have two sides to an argument, one claiming life begins at conception and the other side saying they have an inalienable right to determine how their bodies are to be used. Nowhere in that heated debate is there a third side saying, hold on, maybe there is another definition to when life begins.

Me personally? Life is the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Therefore I firmly believe that life does indeed begin at conception. Then again, I Personally happen to believe God is a woman.
 onesimpleneed
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:23:06 PM
So with the nipple question cleared up I would really love to know if Adam had a belly button? I mean think about it, he wasn't born like the rest of us were so logically adam should not have a belly button right?
 Tiny_hotspot
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/11/2007 2:51:19 PM
okay I have to say it...........there are several verses in the Old Testament where God speaks as a plurality........ the most common one that people remember is "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;[/b} and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” Gen. 1:26,

So......after reading some of this stuff.......where "God" makes reference to "himself".....gotta say............lmao................if there is a "God", he was not alone........therefore......where did he get the notion of putting nipples on man? From his wife.......uh huh........... what is that other saying.............behind every great man there is a great wife..........
 gentlyplease
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/11/2007 3:45:04 PM
um...evolution...
 onesimpleneed
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:17:46 PM
Tiny Hotspot,

The quote is "behind every great man there is a strong woman" not a wife. Some of the greatest people that happen to be blessed or cursed (depending on one's view) with a certain chromosone pairing never have gotten married. That strong woman could be their mother. Ugh. Wife. Ugh, it doesn't take a wife. There are strong gay men that have a terrific partner.

It should be updated. Behind every strong homo sapien is another homo sapien that believes in and supports the wants, needs, and dreams of said first homosapien.

OKAY THAT'S IT! I'M GOING BACK TO LAW SCHOOL!
 SONG__
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/11/2007 6:42:48 PM
If I were a beliver, I think both Adam and Eve had belly buttons...........God would have had to poke them to see if they were done enough before releasing them onto the world.........

It might be also that is why pregnant women's belly buttons pop out........when the baby is time to be born..........lmao.........at least that is what some young pregnant women thought........LOL
 SONG__
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/11/2007 6:46:00 PM
Had a thought............if you are a "born again" christian.......does that mean you have two belly buttons?
 CountIbli
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/11/2007 9:29:36 PM
I think the question rests on a false assumption. Mankind wasn't created, we evolved.
 onesimpleneed
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:39:10 PM
Song!

Now ya gone and dun it. Belly buttons for poking....made in the image of god...therefore he must be the pilsbury dough boy...oh man....I'd rather just go back to knowing God is a woman, but you know those cinamon rolls on a Sunday morning, that would be a church I'd go to!
 gottalight
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:56:01 PM

The biological explanations state good reasons why modern man has nipples. The question about where does the Bible state that Adam had nipples is also good. Now, if God knew that he would reproduce the species, then he would also know that nipples would be required, so he created the primitive variety that he gave to man, and further developed them in Eve. If you can't thank God for nipples, then you probably won't thank him for anything.
 JerryInTampa
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2007 6:06:49 AM
^^^ So God knew that he would be making Eve when he and Adam went through the garden trying to find a suitable companion among the animals.

Makes the search seem rather masturbatory to me.
 gottalight
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/14/2007 8:56:26 PM

So God knew that he would be making Eve...

He might have known that you can't read. I said he knew that he would want to reproduce the species, and even a tiny clone cluster would need nourishment when it grew to the size of a baby. Apparently God is capable of understanding objectives and figuring out how to accomplish them on the fly.
 awesome_teacher
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/24/2007 4:27:56 PM
I happen to know the answer to this.

It's so that no matter how powerful a man becomes, he always has at least one part that's completely useless.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/25/2007 12:38:59 PM
All I can think of when seeing this silly thread is the commercial that runs for "All in the Family" on Deja Vu where Archie is explaining Adam and Eve to Meathead...

"God made Adam first...then he made Eve out of Adam's rib.... cheaper cut."

*groan*

fitman2005
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/25/2007 3:57:00 PM
Answer: He hadda start somewhere--Eve was more developed.
 Dreamzcicle
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/26/2007 3:01:07 PM
hi tim i didnt get a chance to read through all the answers but i heard its because men when forming their organs in the womb are actually a female at first and ten the male anatimy turns from an inny to an outty. so thats why men have nipples were all females first.
~Nikki~
 pontiacdude
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/3/2007 5:50:59 PM
lol...this topic tickles my heart
 pontiacdude
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/3/2007 5:51:19 PM
I think he gave man nipples also because we are one in the same....You know...To show similarity
 tim49250
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/13/2007 5:59:01 PM
Speak for you self, my nipples each have their own unique look and feel. They can even get jealous of each other. But yeah Pontiacdude, they really do look a a lot alike.

Some great comments, I've really enjoyed reading them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this obscure subject.
 rockondon
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 9:06:42 PM
For the same reason that flightless birds have wings, why blind creatures have eyes, why some whales have legs, etc.
Its probably an unpopular subject on these forums so I don't think I'll elaborate further.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?