Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coastergal
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Second ChancesPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It depends on what the 2nd chance is for............

For leaving the lid off the toothpaste... sure
For Lying/cheating/being disrespectful/condescending/hateful/bitter...........NOPE NOPE NOPE
 toyoux
Msg: 70
Second Chances
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:18:56 PM
Mat: Those are very wise words! Who was the "she" that said them to you?
 daisie
Msg: 71
Second Chances
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:33:24 PM
depends on what it's for really. Some actions can reveal a lot about a person's character. If the issue is a moral or character flaw then he11 no!! No waste no time with that nonsense. Let the other person, live and learn and leave and grow up elsewhere. On the other hand some issues are jsut stupid, impulsive, unintentional boo-boos. those can be worked out, moved beyond. It depends on the issue and where you draw your lines. But regardless of the "type" of issue it is....each person is only allowed a limited number of infractions. Even if it is the silliest, most unintentional thing, if it is done repeatedly he's OUT.
 Splinter
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 2:52:54 AM
Everyone well almost everyone deserves a second chance. It all depends on the situation.
 laurelmoonstar
Msg: 73
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 4:14:24 AM
Although I honestly believe that everyone deserves a second chance, there are situations in which maybe they dont. Infidelity is one. I believe that is a man cheats once, He will do it again. Also, abuse. Same scenario. If he did it once, he'll do it again. I ve lived it. Other than those two factors, I truly believe everyone deserves a second chance.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 74
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 5:42:51 AM
I can forgive and put things behind me very well , but that doesn't mean I believe in second chances. I have given people second chances before and it always ends up the same- with me kicking myself for giving them said second chance!
Depending on what they needed a second chance for , I might entertain the notion ,but if it's anything like lying,cheating,abuse etc, well no second chances available, so sorry sir!
 Sadie415
Msg: 75
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 1:37:49 PM
Timing is everything for me. If it's too early in a relationship, forget it. Later on, if too much time goes by, forget it. I think it's easier to forgive someone if you were able to evolve and be yourself while in the relationship.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 76
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 3:09:26 PM
It would depend on how I felt about the person. If I truly loved them of course I would give them a second, a third, maybe even a fourth. However if I didn't love them, then no I would not give them a second chance.
 Justlooking4u_77
Msg: 77
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 4:21:29 PM
This is a hard question. I think if it is serious enough then NO they don't get a second chance. But if it was something small then yes by all means they should have one...everyone makes mistakes.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 4:25:21 PM
To a degree, everyone deserves a second chance.

Except for some things.
Cheaters, abusive people... no way in hell. They've shown their colors, and I want nothing to do with them.

But, if a woman was... negligent... not really committed to the relationship... didn't try to make it work... I'll give her another chance if she realizes what she's done (or not done). Sometimes it doesn't sink in that you're not being a good partner until it's too late.
 roxanachic18
Msg: 79
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 6:23:24 PM
once its over his butt is out the door...there are no second chances
 crabstuffing
Msg: 80
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 6:24:24 PM
Never had a 2nd chance that worked out favorably.
 BadBrain
Msg: 81
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 6:33:07 PM
^^^^ I'd agree with that, so given my track record, I'd say when its over its over...
 Hervie1
Msg: 82
Second Chances
Posted: 5/29/2006 6:37:10 PM
Well..it really depends on what...but I've given dozens of chances in my life...sometimes there just comes a point where there is NO point anymore. I think "Deal-breakers" are exactly that though...can't get around them I'm afraid.

Did I mention the definition of stupidity?

Repeating the same actions again and again, and expecting a different outcome :)

I've never done that of course
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 83
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:17:49 AM
[bump]

Yes, I'm dreaming of a second chance. I want to send her my words again and again, show up with flowers in a thunderstorm, write poems in the sand and mail them to her, and keep knocking until she cracks the door for me.

My contrition is absolute, the less on has been learned in the most painful of ways, the changes within are complete; yet into the night with hand unheld I must go.

Don't women want a man who wants to move the earth to be with them? I only want a second chance to try.
 Greeneyezz
Msg: 84
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:32:00 AM
It would depend on what they did.

#1 biggest no no for me = "cheating" - NO 2nd chance at all ever.

All other problems, mistakes, issues, etc. would be on an individual basis & by "degree"...
 joanie23
Msg: 86
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 12:07:44 PM
It depends on why the relationship failed, I think.

But if it was cheating I would say no, like the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
 Lovingmom1981
Msg: 87
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 1:19:50 PM
I believe in second chances depend on why we broke up the first time. If you cheated on me then no. Cause if you cheated then you didn't want to be with me in the first place.
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 88
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:04:40 PM
I would accept a second chance that would take years - she hit me that hard...right in the heart.
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 89
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:14:14 PM
posh4
Are you perfect? Do you know anyone who is?
Have you never made a mistake? Know any flawless people?
Have you never repeated a mistake? Know anyone who has never made the same twice?
_____

Wishing for a second chance when the contrition is sincere is not too much to hope for.
Showing someone that you have turned that corner completely is impossible without one.
_____

To err is human. To forgive, divine.
 dave1234
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:49:04 PM

(Msg 94) Wishing for a second chance when the contrition is sincere is not too much to hope for.

I have to wonder if the person you are hoping will forgive you really loved you to begin with. You may be much better off finding someone new.

You have asked to be forgiven. If the person has such difficulty doing so it does not look good for the long run. Surely you don't want to spend the rest of your life making amends.
 cute_physics_guy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 3:17:46 PM
No matter how much you care about and want to be with someone, if there's a fundamental problem that you broke up with someone over, that problem isn't going to solve itself. Either you have to accept the problem, or just go through the same breakup over the same thing again.
 colortocdoc
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Second Chances
Posted: 6/15/2006 3:30:54 PM
girlmissingonething:

The subject is a little broad... What kind of situation?

Anyway for most situations a second chance is reasonable.
Now when it becomes third, fourth chance.. I don't know...
"the second one is a strike, the third one is a strike out.."
 shiftywil
Msg: 95
Second Chances
Posted: 6/16/2006 10:39:18 PM
Hell someone should tell my ex to give a second chance. She barely even gave me a first one. We dated, married, we got pregnant, her immature mind told her that it was my fault that she got pregnant so she denied me any ......any..... And that led into fights, I got angy, the kid soon was born, and I rarely came home, she one day told me that I was no longer the man she fell in love with and would rather sleep with another man than to be with me I told her fine pack her shit and leave " Go to your Mothers " She had called me on the phone that night and threatened to kill haer self and my son while driving. I knew she would not but the threat intended was not good, so I took him away for a while she got better, grew up and things in her head is good. Now she is an extremely beautiful,intelligent,mature(at times), and great mother. The only thing is she will not give me a chance. She gives all her other f-ed up bf's all the chances they can get but the one who should count the most and is doing the best; I get crapped on.
 Reenie999
Msg: 97
Second Chances
Posted: 6/16/2006 10:54:32 PM
Second chances have never worked out for me.

Even if I stay with the guy after he asks for a second chance, I don't have any feelings for him anymore. For me there's no going back emotionally......that's something that can't be forced.....either it's there or it isn't.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >