Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 235
On Fox News today.....Page 10 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
"no one cares that much"

>>>translation: those who care, look like "no one" we know. So we don't have to care about terrorism in America. We don't need a travel ban against "those" terrorists. They aren't a threat to "us".

"let's see what a final investigation shows"

>>>translation: if it happens to us, we won't wait for an investigation. When the OKBomb went off, for example, Faux News quickly claimed it had a "mid east" style signature. If HRC does something shady, we should arrest her immediately. If chump does it, we need to wait until the investigation. Just like the Founding Father slave owners said, everyone (Ahem) is created equal...and we're more equal than others.

"people like that Chump is not a apologist"

>>>b/c admitting when you're wrong, is a sign of weakness.

"You can't make people hate Chump"

>>>don't have to, he gives up enough reasons on his own. He's good that way.

"why do you need trumpets to hate chump, do you need validation?"

>>>no, they just wish to find signs of intelligence. or at least, remorse would be a sign of humanity. but, to paraphrase from the movie "Lucy", knowledge doesn't create chaos, ignorance creates chaos. What weakens America, what makes it bad, is the "patriots" who can't accept inevitable change, and who believe America is only for them and no one else. They act out of fear and weakness, and that's what fails to MAGA. what MAGA is to focus only on...what MAG. and that is embracing the Future, as the rest of the world does. We need to catch up, not fall behind.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 236
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/11/2017 3:46:32 PM

While I'm enjoying watching this ship of fools sink, this demented unqualified fool is leading us to the brink of nuclear war.

Which then begs the question, why do his fans not see the same thing?

Are they really that dumb, or are they just that evil.
 gtomustang
Msg: 237
there are people who are dumb,and those who wish to be. who is dumber?
Posted: 8/11/2017 3:55:31 PM
they are literally both. They do not want to consider the fallout (pun intended) of a nuclear war. They are the type who would use a sledgehammer to kill the fly on their brand new TV b/c doggone it, they're going to teach that fly a lesson, and not think one second further into the future than the length of their nose. They wish to be fat, dumb and happy. Their evil, is the banality type of evil.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 238
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/11/2017 4:06:36 PM

Both...dumb to elect the bozo and now trying to turn a blind eye to the insanity of it all.
Evil because he does represent the worse of what's in people...a woman basher, shyster, in all his nastiness,...lie until your blue in the face.
Such a braggart and knows very little....he is the epitome of ignorance.
Notice how he is doing all these media coverages...the last few days..my...my..?
Big tough guy....and all his tough words.

Now he wants to hear "words" directly from Un.....who was talking for Un...wasn't it him, these last couple days??
Looking for an out....sounds like to me.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 239
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/11/2017 6:26:52 PM

its more complex than that
These Pple have latched on to someone who they firmly believe is talking to them!
Therefore, this has warranted their allegiance...as long as what Trump says resonates with their own views, so they could live through him vicariously....as it happened in nazi Germany in the 1930's.

Its kinda like hearing a song for the first time that has that "wow" factor...and you just can't get it outta your head; having the same effect on the young girls that John, Paul, George & Ringo did .....when they got on the stage at Shea stadium In NYC....blarring out " I wanna hold your hand".

This is what these Pple have been starving for.....and Trump has provided the (dog) food that will keep them loyal!
 gtomustang
Msg: 240
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:15:07 AM
speaking of songs, the next time Chump goes on a town hall meeting to whip up his supporters and distract them of chants of "mexico will pay for it!", (yeah, it really does feel like 1936 doesn't it?) they can play the All in the Family theme song as he comes out:

Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.

(a La Salle was a luxury car produced by Cadillac...no wonder owners like him had it made!)
 from site to sight
Msg: 241
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/12/2017 6:55:40 AM
They could also play the scene from Dr. Strangelove, where the air force guy dislodges and releases the nuclear bomb in the B-52, and rides the bomb to the ground. It's funny how he never lost his cowboy hat as he and the bomb are falling to the ground.
 mark/1948
Msg: 242
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:16:02 PM
actually he was waving his hat like all cowboys do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfpe28mv9n0
 LOLTrump
Msg: 243
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/14/2017 6:24:04 PM
Not Surprisingly, Fox News Says Anti-Fascist Protestors Are Actually Fascists

Published on Aug 14, 2017

In the wake of the violence and bigotry on full display in Charlottesville, the folks at Fox News were quick to make the outrageous claim that the anti-fascist protestors present are the ones who are actually fascists. Either these people are completely delusional, or they don’t know what “fascism” actually is – most likely it is a combination of both. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--vW1zZ31Io
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 244
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 2:02:25 PM
I'll be fair here, though. I haven't followed this (besides the idiot white supreme guy crashing his car into the anti-fascist side)... but Certainly anti-Trump & anti-Fascist protesters can instigate throwing sh!t at the other side, because they're p!ssed about not just said fascist protesters, but the Trump admin itself that passively supports them. But in America, the KKK & Nazi types -- they have the right to gather & protest. Them doing so warrants no more instigation from those who understandably don't like them, than abortion activists. Just because their mantra stands for Bad stuff about others, doesn't mean it's "more okay" for others protesting against them to be just as involved / fault at a shoving match, so to speak. Not that I have Sympathy for said KKK/Nazi types -- but one shouldn't assume anti-Fascist protesters, especially with this administration running the country, are going to be void of any instigation like peace-loving hippies. :) That said, KKK/Nazi/White-Supreme/Fascist groups certainly are capable of lighting sparks themselves.

So my question is -- how did the physical alteractions start, who did it to what extent, etc?
 chameleonf
Msg: 245
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 2:36:01 PM
The U.S.'s First Amendment rights likely need to have some form of limit on hate speech in public places that, by it's very nature, incites violence. Openly allowing carrying of guns to a hate speech rally also goes beyond the ridiculous, but hey...the Second Amendment must be upheld at all costs as well, right. Time for amendments of some form me thinks.
 trinity818
Msg: 246
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 3:38:44 PM

The U.S.'s First Amendment rights likely need to have some form of limit on hate speech in public places that, by it's very nature, incites violence. Openly allowing carrying of guns to a hate speech rally also goes beyond the ridiculous

Inciting violence is certainly a crime... but hate speech? I believe that is protected. Hard to believe... I know. I guess "freedom of speech" has a steep cost here.

It reminds of those lovely folks from Westboro Baptist Church who were disrupting and protesting at soldier's funerals.

How could people not react violently to this kind of provocation? I'm actually surprised that nobody was shot. Probably next time... It's very sad. And a bit scary.
 hakkata
Msg: 247
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 3:50:21 PM
"The U.S.'s First Amendment rights likely need to have some form of limit on hate speech in public places that, by it's very nature, incites violence."

It is already illegal to use speech which calls for imminent violence, but hate speech? How do you limit it without starting a slippery road to no free speech. You can't have just some free speech so long as it's not too free, i.e, violated governmental norms and decrees.
 chameleonf
Msg: 248
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 4:27:48 PM
Although not perfect, s.319 of Canada's criminal code would have disallowed the disgusting display, signage and chants in a public place that incites and/or promotes hatred and discrimination.
 gtomustang
Msg: 249
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 4:50:10 PM
Its true, if demonstrators are showing up with weaponry like its 1910 labor riots, they may not be carrying guns as a pacifier for small peni, but with some underlying thought they are going to use said weaponry. Maybe to intimidate. There is talk the police didn't do a whole lot to restrict "Talking" or intimidation, but I guess its a bit like a referee at a game...how much do they clamp down on players there to scrum?

Not helping matters is, a president who offered to pay legal fees for violent acts his followers do, a president who took an hour to Twit at a black CEO who left his tree fort but two days to label white supremacist voters as terrorists, a president who still has as an advisor a man connected to a Hungarian Nazi Party. In history, what usually evoked change was "takin' it to the streets".

Free Speech is certainly a double-edged sword. Its best for adults. the problem of course, is voting on which words and ideas should be banned. You'd think it should be easy, but a racist bozo lost the popular vote and still got into office. Heck, "they" could get the word "abortion" banned b/c it offends so many americans.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 250
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/15/2017 5:09:58 PM
tRump's / alt right dilemma:

Confederate monuments are important.

Losers shouldn't get participation trophy's
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 251
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/16/2017 12:22:43 PM

Although not perfect, s.319 of Canada's criminal code would have disallowed the disgusting display, signage and chants in a public place that incites and/or promotes hatred and discrimination.

And that's pretty much how it is here. Local laws have more stringent things on what can be chanted, displayed, and such, as far as being unnecessarily crude. And say it is -- say you got a horrible group doing that that's legally going over-the-top in it's "expression" that's quite hateful. Does that affect what a gathering of those understandably opposed to them can and can't physically do, upon observation?

The only thing I see is the extent of verbal retort would be more allowed in Response to a hate group -- so the anti-hate group could be given allowance on that end. So even though if said anti-hate group was expressing crude things, it'd be in Response, thus, not judged to the same effect. One couldn't say "Oh, they both said bad things." Well, the hate group was, and the other retorted. You could still say the anti-hate group could go Too far in their words in response, but that'd be a separate thing. It's Not a SHARED blame, but a separate one.

My point was on the physical violence. Let's say there's Group G - Good People. Group H - Unquestionably Hateful People. Group H holds a demonstration, expressing hate and the like. Some of the speech is even deemed questionable as free speech as the kind to instigate confrontation. Group G comes prepared with lots of people and cut Group H off. Just 15 minutes into what was to last many hours, fights break out and things are getting dispersed by the cops.

Would it be a crazy notion that Group G, upset about hateful & intimidating Group H -- did Any instigation of physical confrontation? No. It wouldn't be a crazy notion that Group H instigated some physical confrontation, too. Group H came with guns & home-made riot gear to their demonstration, assuming confrontation may be had. Group G had more people, not wanting Group H to even have said Legal demonstration. Which is why there should be no auto-denial that Group G very well could have instigated things even More. Group H could have baited them into it. But would that still be legally deserving? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how it went down. And at Different Points/Places, I'm sure varying things happened.

I get what Trump's saying. But what needs to be understood is, after Group H dispersed out of the designated rallying area after fights broke out -- (thanks belated cops) -- a disgruntled member of Group H plowed into Group G with a car, and killed a gal, too. So in how you convey things, don't put a moral equivalence on the two parties against each other. And also bear in mind what Group H did in the end, stemming from a bitter retreat.

Instead, Trump should have espoused disdain of Group H in the onset and how horrible they are as the Theme -- but to SEPARATELY remind us GOOD people of America (Group G-ish), we can help to avoid this conflict by not biting on verbal instigations by hateful groups to Help start violence, or to stop them from a Legal protest. Those things can bring out the Hate groups playing victim, and inciting violence themselves. There is no Shared blame, but certain INDIVIDUALS, even among Group G of good people, will cross the line when it comes to such demonstrations by hateful groups that get to legally mass together, and that is to separately bear in mind and shouldn't be done.
 trinity818
Msg: 252
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/16/2017 2:21:59 PM

Instead, Trump should have espoused disdain of Group H in the onset and how horrible they are as the Theme -- but to SEPARATELY remind us GOOD people of America (Group G-ish), we can help to avoid this conflict by not biting on verbal instigations by hateful groups to Help start violence, or to stop them from a Legal protest. Those things can bring out the Hate groups playing victim, and inciting violence themselves. There is no Shared blame, but certain INDIVIDUALS, even among Group G of good people, will cross the line when it comes to such demonstrations by hateful groups that get to legally mass together, and that is to separately bear in mind and shouldn't be done.

Well said, Ft. Wayne guy. (I spent my first 21 years there.)
 from site to sight
Msg: 253
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/17/2017 7:52:25 AM
While rats are jumping off of the sinking ship, Trump decides to sink the ship to save face:

NEW YORK — With corporate chieftains fleeing, President Donald Trump abruptly abolished their White House business councils on Wednesday — the latest fallout from his combative comments on racially charged violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In a face-saving effort, he tweeted from Trump Tower in New York: "Rather than putting pressure on the business people of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!"

A growing number of business leaders have been resigning from the advisory panels, openly expressing their displeasure with Trump's comments, including his insistence that "both sides" were to blame for weekend violence that left one woman dead and led to a helicopter crash that killed two state troopers.

CEOs began tendering their resignations from White House councils after Trump's first comments on Saturday after the violence. The first to step down, Kenneth Frazier of Merck, drew a Twitter tongue-lashing from the president. Then, barely 24 hours before disbanding the councils, Trump called those who were leaving "grandstanders" and insisted many others were eager to take their places.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 254
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:55:54 AM
How Trump's talking points on Charlottesville match up with Fox News

A side-by-side look at how President Trump and Fox News pundits discussed the Charlottesville violence.

August 16, 2017 | 5:49 PM EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/how-trumps-talking-points-on-charlottesville-match-up-with-fox-news/2017/08/16/ea760486-82b2-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_video.html?utm_term=.db28c87dcf45
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 255
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 10/8/2017 4:47:14 PM
Here is what pple who have integrity do when dealing with one of "their" sleaze-ball donors

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-cut-ties-with-harvey-weinstein-as-fresh-allegations-emerge/ar-AAt5uM4?li=BBnb7Kz

No doubt a predator, many prominent Dems have cut ties with him, and donating his "donations" (or whatever is left), to women's help groups. Since 1992, he reportedly donated over 1.4 Mill to mostly Dems.

The COMICAL thing is that Trump himself tweeted " I've known HW for a long time, and this doesn't surprise me at all".........I guess, no more than it would surprise us that Trump was an avid predator in his own right.

Its also funny that Trump didn't say anything similar about the predators at Fox who were dismissed for doing the same.

pot meet kettle
 Kj521
Msg: 256
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 10/8/2017 5:00:16 PM
^^^^^What is COMICAL....is the DNC....giving back $30,000 of nearly $250,000 received by Weinstein....to one of their own organizations!

So....is Hillary....one of these "pple who have integrity"? What has she said about her friend? How much money has she returned? This self described "voice of feminism"?

Or did she run back into the woods until the dust settles? Lol!

***maybe more victims will come forward now that Pervy Harvey has been fired! :)
 cobster11030
Msg: 257
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 10/8/2017 6:07:53 PM
Everybody has apparently known about Pervy Harvey for a long, long time.
He made multiple visits to the White House under Obama and Clinton.
They all knew about Pervy Harvey, and they all continued to take money from him.
They only cut ties after it was all made public.

Hillary was the recipient of his money as well.

Women disrespected themselves by voting for Hillary.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 258
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 10/8/2017 6:08:50 PM
^Kj says

giving back $30,000 of nearly $250,000 received by Weinstein....to one of their own organizations!

HW has been giving donations to the Dems in a span of 25 yrs; thus, its obvious that a good portion was likely spent, and that any money to be returned needs to be allocated...unless you believe that the DNC should give HW other donor's money.

As far as organizations go...I would have no problem with that because I don't want the cash falling into the wrong hands

So....is Hillary....one of these "pple who have integrity"?

You (and your puppet) may be shocked to know that HC is no longer in the political arena...and whether or not she has integrity on this matter is irrelevant. Your time would be far better spent on checking the integrity of your orange messiah....who has the fate of the world at his incompetent "moronic" finger tips.

How much money has she returned? This self described "voice of feminism"?

How much of HW's money do YOU KNOW that she is possession of?
It may also come as a shock to know that she no longer holds the purse strings of the DNC treasury, or anything else.

did she run back into the woods

I'm not surprised if she did...to start writing another book (after the huge success of her recent one), so she could sell it to the many GOP voters/supporters that bought her last one...who she hopes will still keep her relevant, as she smiles while on her way to the bank!
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 259
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 10/8/2017 6:14:40 PM

Msg: 277
You (and your puppet) may be shocked to know that HC is no longer in the political arena...and whether or not she has integrity on this matter is irrelevant. Your time would be far better spent on checking the integrity of your orange messiah....who has the fate of the world at his incompetent "moronic" finger tips.

Did anyone noticed? Trump followers have difficulty defending their president, so they bring up Hillary in every discussion.

MAGA – Morons Are Governing America.

Memorable Rex Tillerson Quote: "Donald Trump is a F*cking Moron"
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >