Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 735
On Fox News today..Page 30 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Wow that some theory there koll.
Lot of ifs. Lot of maybes lot of nothing really.
Did you get that from Robert Reich's website.
Can we hold you to those predictions?

Perhaps you can tell us, how large of a correction it would take to wipe out the gains of the last year?
As for me I have pulled out half of my gains as a hedge.
I will ride the wave but protect myself at the same time.

Thank God for the President Trump economy.
 kollata
Msg: 736
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:35:59 PM
^^^do you disagree with the above DD or do you simply not understand it? That's okay, I was pretty sure it was over your head. I'm really posting to GT. He gets this stuff.

Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 737
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:40:16 PM
"As for me I have pulled out half of my gains as a hedge.
I will ride the wave but protect myself at the same time."

In my business when someone tells you this, what they are saying is that they have zero confidence in the markets and cannot afford the capital gains taxes on the rest of their holdings.
 kollata
Msg: 738
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:42:54 PM
DD, perhaps I should answer your direct question as you probably would like an answer. If the market falls about 20% Which is really merely a correction and not a bear Market, it comes close to wiping out the Trump gains. If we enter into a bear Market you can expect a 40 to 50% decline and if you listen to people like Harry dent which I don't, you can expect an 83% decline. You're welcome.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 739
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/24/2018 7:13:56 PM
WholeKollataShytForBrains - Since the market is up 31% since the inauguration and that would still leave it above the President Obama level. Wow that really puts into perspective how great this President Trump election bump run is.
Thank you.
So tell us, when do you predict this fall to happen?

Meanwhile, back on earth...

The stock market is off to its best start in 31 years and that bodes well for the rest of 2018
The stock market is having its best start to year in more than three decades. Based on historical evidence, that spells even more gains for the rest of 2018.

When the S&P 500 posts a return of at least 5 percent by Jan. 23, the index's median return for the rest of the year has been 11.6 percent, according to Bespoke Investment Group.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/stock-market-off-to-best-start-in-31-years-bodes-well-for-2018.html
 kollata
Msg: 740
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/24/2018 8:26:25 PM
^^^lol..your math skills not the greatest..so sad.

If the market goes down 50%, it needs to go back up 100% to break even. Think about it and get back to me.

Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 741
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 3:22:50 AM
Your memory is bad you said 20 %.

If the market falls about 20%

toot will be very disappointed with you.

Any number you throw out is all just speculation anyway.
Liberal pipe dreams of a failing economy.
Think about it and check your premise.

Meanwhile, back to reality,

Democrat Senator Manchin is calling for the wall and making a prediction (don't you love that Koll) that Senator Schumer will come around on the wall.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/24/sen-joe-manchin-agrees-with-trump-we-need-a-wall-video/
 Jo van
Msg: 742
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 4:28:55 AM
The democrats should hold their ground, and not vote for the $33 Billion that trump is now asking for to construct the wall.
He was very clear in his "promises" that "Mexico is gonna pay for it".
It shouldn't be costing the USA anything.

Just another lie from a president who has lied, provably, on average, at least once a day, big or small.
This is just a big lie, that his acolytes seem prepared to overlook.
Trump doesn't even think he lied, in what passes for his "mind".

He says he's prepared to testify "under oath" to the Meuller investigation.
-But he'll later claim that "his lawyers just wouldn't let him".
He just can't help lying.
I think I'm "looking forward to it", even more than he claims to be.

If you elect a liar, don't be surprised if other countries don't trust the USA anymore.
(If they ever did. )

The resulting falling dollar is going to increase the USA trade deficit even further.
As will his isolationalist policies, and his punitive tariffs, this will just make other countries retaliate, with their own tariffs on US imports.

The simple fact is, in both the USA, and the uk., that manufacturers have already located their production to far eastern countries, with the lowest labour costs, child labour, no unions, and poor human rights records.
-Like the formerly British-made dyson vacuum cleaners, now made in Malaysia.

Immigrants didn't "come here and take the jobs", as "right-wingers", nationalists, and demagogues, like trump, are fond of claiming.
They stayed exactly where they were, and your "good", patriotic, conservative/republican- voting owners exported the jobs there.
-And they still will.

It's not rocket science.
Have a nice day.
 from site to sight
Msg: 743
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 5:14:26 AM
"The simple fact is, in both the USA, and the uk., that manufacturers have already located their production to far eastern countries, with the lowest labour costs, child labour, no unions, and poor human rights records."

How quickly the Trump worshipers forget, about Trump praising himself after Carrier was given $7 million to keep jobs in the U.S. instead of going to Mexico. Trump kept saying that not only did he save those jobs, but Carrier is going to expand their Indiana plant and create more jobs-all because of Trump. He couldn't stop praising himself and patting himself on the back enough. After Carrier was given the money, they moved almost all of the jobs to Mexico anyways. Not a word from Trump about that.
 gtomustang
Msg: 744
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 5:49:31 AM
"So tell us, when do you predict this fall to happen?"

>>fair enough question

"Based on historical evidence, that spells even more gains for the rest of 2018"

>>but if you read the article you linked:

"To be sure, the path to higher gains in 2018 will likely be more turbulent than last year's. Bespoke noted that despite early figures, the S&P 500 has averaged a decline of 15 percent at some point in the remainder of the year when it starts this strong. Wall Street's fear gauge — the Cboe Volatility Index, or VIX — may be overdue for some upward activity.
The metric set a record low in October after flirting with lows all summer. And while many have been burned betting against the index, a more aggressive Federal Reserve and rising interest rates may pose a speed bump to unfettered gains in equities."

>>>so you already had an answer. When I googled "Stock 31%", I found another article from cnbc:

"Some investors believe Trump is getting too much credit for the run-up and it's really the strength of the global economy boosting these industrial stocks. "There is clearly a coincidence between Trump's election and the run-up in stock prices over the past year," Ed Yardeni, president and chief investment strategist at Yardeni Research, said in a note earlier this week. "However, coinciding with Trump's victory was mounting evidence of a global synchronized boom. In our opinion, the run-up in stock prices over the past year has been a continuation of the bull market within a bull market that started on February 12, 2016." Trump doesn't see it that way, often patting himself on the back about the Dow's successes during his first year in office."
"He talks less about the S&P 500, perhaps because its name recognition isn't as strong as the Dow's, but also because it's gains are slightly less impressive. The broader S&P 500 jumped 23 percent during Trump's first year in office. But the index did better during the first year of three other presidents: Roosevelt, Barack Obama and Harry Truman.
The S&P 500 rose 96 percent in Roosevelt's first year. It gained 33.5 percent when Truman took office and 34 percent after Obama was sworn in."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/18/the-dows-31-percent-gain-during-trumps-first-year-is-the-best-since-fdr.html

what will really blow your mind? Forbes magazine, of all things, points out Dems are much better for the stock market:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndorfman/2017/10/30/trump-ranks-sixth-in-stock-market-performance-behind-obama-and-clinton/#336737cd6644

and from Chump's old friend Joe, who's losing faith:

"To hear the president crow about the recent surge of the stock market, one might think the bull run of 2017 was greater during his first year than any other. But Forbes noted that stock prices grew at a faster pace during the Great Depression. Even Obama's first year in office was more bullish, with the broad S&P 500 index exploding by 23.5 percent compared with last year's 19.4 percent clip.
The markets aren't the only place where the petulant president falls short. The number of jobs created under Trump was lower in 2017 than during each of his predecessor's final six years in office. Wage growth also declined after Trump became president. In fact, of the few areas where this president produced higher numbers than his predecessor, most were dubious achievements. The 2017 deficit under Trump climbed to $666 billion, up from $585 billion in 2016. The national debt crossed the $20 trillion threshold and is projected to rise faster in the future. And America's trade deficit, which candidate Trump famously blamed on poor presidential dealmaking, was worse during Trump's first year than in any of Obama's eight. Like most of Trump's braggadocious pronouncements, his claims clash with reality."

http://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-scarborough-donald-trump-damage-0124-20180123-story.html

more Carrier jobs (Where Pence used to be governor, what was his role in all of this?) disappeared last week...hopefully the last employee fired, will turn off the lights behind them?

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2018/01/215-carrier-jobs-cut-in-latest-wave-of-layoffs
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 745
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 5:56:13 AM
So lets set records straight and stop the lying.

President Trump two weeks ago, asked for $33 B for border security of which $18 B would go to the wall.
The other $15B is for people, technology and infrastructure.

As for the Carrier jobs several hundred still remain jobs remain today.
Certainly not as hoped for but not all jobs lost.
Must be that damn President Obama economy (as many in here claim) still hanging in there, eh.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 746
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 6:13:21 AM
Doubleknotspy7 on 1/22/18: “Me, I appreciate vigorous debate with out insult or misogyny. I simply don't want to waste time on inane ad hominem attacks that ultimately amount to not much more than ‘oh ya, well your mother wears army boots too’. , That really is the level of some of the whit in here.”

Doubleknotspy7 on 1/24/18 (in response to a post without a single insult in it): “WholeKollataShytForBrains - Since the market is up 31% since the inauguration and that would still leave it above the President Obama level.”

Uh-huh. Okay. What?

In response to the sentiment in general: although Trump had very little influence on the 2017 economy, it’s been very well documented that his behavior and non-economic policies are so abhorrent to the majority of the American population that they don’t care how spectacular the economy is doing under his watch – they don’t want him in office. You have to be a pretty awful human being to be hated as president during a (relatively) strong economy. Maybe Americans aren’t as stupid as I thought they were when Trump won the electoral college, because for the most part they’re seeing right past these PR deals the GOP made with the corporations that are giving out “bonuses” and “raises” in response to the tax reform law. I mean, when you get directly bribed to like a guy and you still give him approval ratings in the 30s, that really says something about his character. Unfortunately for Dee, her “substance” (if you can call it that) side appears to be losing out to the “style” side.

I’m not 100% sure Democrats would benefit from a flailing economy after the shutdown – the GOP will just claim it was the shutdown that stopped all the economic progress. But I’m not exactly hoping for a recession anyway. Even Fox News’ post-shutdown polling has the Democrats opening up a can of whoopazz in November. Money isn’t everything to Americans it would seem.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 747
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 6:30:10 AM

Jo van - Msg: 761
He says he's prepared to testify "under oath" to the Meuller investigation.

Comrade Trump's testimony should be open to the public and streamed live to the masses.

HawkingJr - Msg: 765

Uh-huh. Okay. What?

As Tootiefrutie1 mentioned earlier, this guy modus operandi is he likes to say things, then deny he said them.

MAGA: Making America Pay Stormy Daniels Again.
 Jo van
Msg: 748
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 8:03:29 AM

So lets set records straight and stop the lying.

President Trump two weeks ago, asked for $33 B for border security of which $18 B would go to the wall.

WHY is he asking for any money at all??
-He was very clear that he was "gonna make Mexico pay for the wall".

Are you now admitting that he's a liar?
(At last. Still, I feel that's some progress.)

On faux news today, I see that two big Canadian marijuana growers are to merge.
See?
Anything is possible in liberal democracies.
Whatever happened to the Tory party over there?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 749
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 1:47:47 PM
@ Jovan

The democrats should hold their ground, and not vote for the $33 Billion that trump is now asking for to construct the wall.
He was very clear in his "promises" that "Mexico is gonna pay for it".
It shouldn't be costing the USA anything.

You gotta realize that when Trump was campaigning, even he didn't think he was gonna win, so he was laying down the bombast hard & heavy.......lies were the only political weapon he had (and he was a good liar). Unfortunately, there were enough dimwits who were gullible enough to believe it all.

what is worse is that the Dems are not in any position of power......yeah they can "block"...but when the issue is about shutting down the gov't for the sake of DACA....its not gonna give you much fire-power come November

The Dems need to be nimble, and keen........they gotta be like the Brits in WW2 against the Nazis...they have to outwit them, and make them look bad come the mid terms here...........Once the Dems win back a majority, then they can squeeze some nuts, and Trump will be forced to negotiate a real deal!
 HawkingJr
Msg: 750
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 3:00:15 PM
Stephen Miller must be on vacation today:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/politics/white-house-immigration-framework/index.html

"President Donald Trump is proposing giving 1.8 million young undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship in exchange for $25 billion for his long-promised wall and a host of other strict immigration cuts, according to a framework proposed Thursday. The outlines of the deal were described by a White House official for staff on Capitol Hill that CNN was given access to on Thursday afternoon.

In what the White House official called a 'dramatic concession,' Trump would accept a path to citizenship for not just those originally eligible for DACA but for a broader population, adding up to 1.8 million people, the official said."

Miller gonna be so mad when he gets back and finds out about this.

1.8 million people worth of "amnesty" still ain't gonna fly in the House, though. Of course, there are provisions in that plan that seem unlikely to pass the Senate as well, so we may never find out what's going to happen in the House. But I must give Trump credit: he stuck his neck out. And I guarantee you Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh will take a swing (but probably not Hannity, whose only belief system is whatever Trump believes).
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 751
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 3:16:03 PM

Msg: 769
Miller gonna be so mad when he gets back and finds out about this.

This morning I read the people at Breitbart calling Trump "Amnesty Don". The Lying King strikes again.

I heard Bannon is giving out consolation prizes to Breitbart snowflakes.

Breitbart labels Trump 'Amnesty Don' over DACA plans :

Breitbart News rolled out a new line of attack aimed at President Trump on Wednesday after Trump announced that he was open to a path to citizenship for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

In a headline Wednesday, the typically pro-Trump right-wing news outlet labeled the president "Amnesty Don" in an article that accused him of "breaking his immigration commitment."

The headline was later amended Wednesday evening to read: "Trump Says He’s Open to U.S. Citizenship for DACA Illegal Aliens."

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/370633-breitbart-labels-trump-amnesty-don-over-daca-plans
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 752
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 5:14:01 PM

In what the White House official called a 'dramatic concession,' Trump would accept a path to citizenship for not just those originally eligible for DACA but for a broader population, adding up to 1.8 million people, the official said."

The Dems should take the deal...............fast...before somebody changes their Fkn mind!

Yeah, we are conceding $ 25 Billion........but as flaky as Trump is...he could quickly up it to 30
Besides, Schumer was willing to concede wall money during the shut down
The Dems know that this wall issue is something they can't step around...............but in return, it would be great to just get a deal for the dreamers, leading to a path to citizenship....and be done with it, so the Dems could move on to substantive things so they better postion themselves for the mid terms.

In the position they are in now, there aren't too many deals the Dems could force on the GOP
 deetristate
Msg: 753
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 6:34:14 PM
They do not want it.

""""""At the same time, advocates for immigrant rights warned Democrats against taking Trump’s bait and accepting restrictive changes to the immigration system in return for legalizing the so-called Dreamers, a group that polls show has broad support among Americans.

“This is the play being run from the White House: ‘You guys are desperate for Dreamer relief. We want most of our agenda and a little bit of yours,’” said Frank Sharry, executive director of the immigrant advocacy group America's Voice.I

The White House proposal, overall, would reduce legal immigration by 50% by sharply limiting which family members can be sponsored by new citizens and permanent legal residents, Sharry said, adding that the move would “destroy what has been the cornerstone of our immigration system."

The American Civil Liberties Union called the White House plan a “hateful, xenophobic immigration proposal that would slash legal immigration to levels not seen since the racial quotas of the 1920s."

Greisa Martinez Rosas of United We Dream, one of the leading Dreamer groups, called the plan “a white supremacist ransom note.”""""

Leftists should not chicken dance yet.
Ha!

I can not even imagine making such demands,when I live in other countries. Crazie.
------------

So.

Is it just THIS group of "dreamers?"

What about the,next group?

Or those after that?

Anyone?

Has anyone, any politician,, said anything about visa overstayers?

They could raid some Dunkin Donuts and Hotels.
 gtomustang
Msg: 754
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/25/2018 7:18:09 PM
"President Trump ordered the firing last June of Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation, according to four people told of the matter, but ultimately backed down after the White House counsel threatened to resign rather than carry out the directive. The West Wing confrontation marks the first time Mr. Trump is known to have tried to fire the special counsel. Mr. Mueller learned about the episode in recent months as his investigators interviewed current and former senior White House officials in his inquiry into whether the president obstructed justice."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-ordered-mueller-fired-but-backed-off-when-white-house-counsel-threatened-to-quit/ar-AAvbhvl?ocid=spartandhp&ffid=gz

>>>This will go well. Chump may go from Peeking Duck, to Lame Duck.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 755
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/26/2018 4:04:07 AM
Will the Dems come to the table over this proposal?
Will the Repubs come to the table over this proposal?

The plan would demand $20 billion in funds for construction of a wall along the U.S.- Mexico border and significant cuts in family-based migration, making it so only the spouses and younger children of immigrants can enter the country with their 'sponsor.' The administration is also calling for an extra $5 billion in border security measures and an end to the Visa Lottery system.

In exchange, the White House said President Trump would sign an immigration bill that includes a 10-12 year path to citizenship for 1.8 million 'Dreamers' "with requirements for work, education and good moral character," according to the White House framework.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-unveils-bottom-line-immigration-proposal/story?id=52614535i

Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi called the proposal "taco crumbs" stating "1.8m phooey! Democrats will never agree to this and will in fact move to annex Mexico as the 51 state".

This is going to be fun!
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 756
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/26/2018 5:13:53 AM
I understand the Freedom Caucus has resigned from Congress over President Trumps amnesty proposal. Looks like it didn't even take an election for Democrats to take control of Congress.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 757
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 1/26/2018 5:35:05 AM
Last night, Hannity attacked the report about Comrade Trump trying to fire Mueller as fake news. At the end of his show he had to flip flop and admit the report was true when his own network, FoxNews, confirmed the Times report.

Sean Hannity scoffs at reports that Trump tried to fire Mueller, then backpedals after a Fox News correspondent confirms it :

Following a New York Times report where President Donald Trump reportedly ordered special counsel Robert Mueller fired one month after he was chosen to oversee the Russia investigation, Fox News host Sean Hannity came out swinging on his program Thursday night.

"They're trying to change the story," Hannity said, referring to The Times's report. "At this hour, The New York Times is trying to distract you."

"And our sources, and I've checked in with many of them, they're not confirming that tonight," Hannity continued. "And the president's attorney dismissed the story, and says, 'Nope, no comment. We're not going there.' And how many times has The New York Times and others gotten it wrong."

Later during the segment, Hannity appeared to concede to The Times's earlier reporting.

"All right, so we have sources tonight just confirming ... that yeah, maybe Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for a conflict," the Fox News host said. "Does he not have the right to raise those questions?"

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-trump-fires-mueller-new-york-times-story-2018-1
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 758
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/26/2018 5:44:15 AM

At the same time, advocates for immigrant rights warned Democrats against taking Trump’s bait and accepting restrictive changes to the immigration system in return for legalizing the so-called Dreamers, a group that polls show has broad support among Americans.

the Dems on the far left need to be put in their place by the larger majority
If the tail is allowed to wag the dog...then the Dems may find themselves in the same place they are now come Nov
From what I gather, most voters (except those on the far left) want something done regarding illegal immigration. The matter of legal immigration restrictions could probably be negotiated, and should not be a huge obstacle

.........Joe manchin stated it clearly, they have to play ball with trump on some things....so if they are gonna be obstinate; then this will tic off the independants, and moderate dems......... who may not show up to vote!
 from site to sight
Msg: 759
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 1/26/2018 5:57:35 AM
Trump's actions sure sounds like a guy who keeps claiming his innocence in any wrong doing. How long will it be before he starts to put all of the blame on Hillary or Obama. Trump might as well also blame Nixon, JFK, Eisenhower Roosevelt, and other past presidents. But that would require knowing who the past presidents are-knowing anything about American history is not Trump's strong suit.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >