Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > On Fox News today.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 801
On Fox News today..Page 33 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Sounds like someone is "sick of winning'!
It will be all over in just 7 more years!

Hang in there you can survive all the winning.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 802
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 11:57:46 AM
"FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe 'removed' from the bureau
Top FBI official Andrew McCabe has been "removed" from his post as deputy director, Fox News is told, leaving the bureau after months of conflict-of-interest complaints from Republicans including President Trump...

FBI Director Christopher Wray said last week that his chief of staff, James Rybicki, was leaving the bureau. Department of Justice officials also told Fox News that Dana Boente, the U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia who is also the acting head of the DOJ’s National Security division, has been selected to step in as the FBI’s next general counsel. James Baker, who had served as general counsel, was reassigned late last year.

McCabe's name has surfaced in connection with several other controversies.

The Daily Beast reported that a GOP memo alleging government surveillance abuse named McCabe, along with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and ex-FBI boss James Comey.

Incidentally, the McCabe removal comes after Wray viewed the memo Sunday on Capitol Hill, as reported by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge. The removal also comes ahead of a DOJ inspector general report regarding the handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe."

Must be something very damning in that memo.
Draining the swamp one atta time.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 803
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:18:41 PM
Ugh Oh! Fox New junkie alert!

Interesting that FoxNews is the only outlet reporting McCabe "removed" from the bureau. What is Comrade Trump trying to cover up?
 topolata
Msg: 804
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:23:58 PM
Draining the swamp....Lobbyists more active than ever under Trump. New record. very sad.

https://splinternews.com/lobbyist-spending-hits-7-year-high-under-swamp-drainer-1822477402
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 805
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:34:31 PM
The thread is called "On Fox news today"... duh!

"Various sources described McCabe's departure as a mutual decision, while others said it was the result of pressure to step down. One source briefed on the matter said McCabe announced his decision to senior executives and portrayed it as his choice. The source disputed the characterization that McCabe was removed."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/29/politics/andrew-mccabe-fbi/index.html
So not only McCabe.

But if McCabe stepped down on his own what is he trying to avoid?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 806
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:50:15 PM
I don't get why for orange Kool-Aid drinkers everything has to be a political conspiracy. Since last year the guy has been talking about retiring in March.

President Trump used Twitter Saturday to suggest that Andrew McCabe, the FBI's increasingly embattled deputy director, was holding onto his position in a race against time to claim full pension benefits.

Trump said McCabe was "racing the clock" in one tweet Saturday:

"FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!"

NPR's Ryan Lucas has previously reported that McCabe was eligible to retire with a full pension in March and is expected to remain in his job until then despite the political pressure to remove him.

NPR's Carrie Johnson tweeted Saturday, she has also been told by people with knowledge of the matter that McCabe is likely to take vacation time that he has accrued after nearly 20 years as an FBI agent, which would effectively have him out of the building before his official final day at the FBI sometime in March.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/23/573214452/trump-seizes-on-reports-fbis-deputy-director-plans-to-retire-in-early-2018
 gtomustang
Msg: 807
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 1:49:15 PM
when even DoubleNot can spot the rats abandoning the sinking ship, and wonders in front of his debaters what could possibly be wrong...you know Chump is in deep trouble. Maybe its the NRA-Russia problem that makes HRC's investigation a nothing-burger:

"But the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Daniel Bice noticed that (controversial Milwaukee David A) Clarke’s January 2016 ethics disclosure filing shed some light on the trip. Part one was $20,155 trip to Israel, paid for by the NRA Ring of Freedom. During his week-plus of travel there, he did a remote interview from Jerusalem for Fox Business Network. The remaining days were spent in Russia. His airfare to Moscow and visas, totaling $13,785.10, were paid for by Brownell; his $6000 worth of meals, hotel, transportation, and excursions were provided by the “All-Russia Public Organization ‘The Right to Bear Arms.’”

https://thinkprogress.org/nra-and-russian-cousin-18f607d40240/

Its still Hillaryous that Republicants realize if they want to sound smart...they better sound like liberals:

"The stanching will be accomplished by quotas and stiff (up to 50 percent) tariffs, which are taxes collected at the border and paid by American consumers. Americans also will pay higher prices for washing machines made domestically by Whirlpool, which sought this protectionism, from which it instantly profited: In Monday's after-hours trading, Whirlpool's stock rose 3 percent. When protectionism is rampant, no bad deed goes unrewarded.
The washing machine drama about "putting (a faction of) America first" cannot be industrial policy -- government rather than the market picking winners and losers. And it cannot be government redistribution of wealth. And it cannot be crony capitalism. It cannot be those things because Republicans oppose those things and control policymaking. "
"Next, and soon, will come a government decision about the problem, as our protectors see it, of menacingly inexpensive steel imports, concerning which the administration is pretending to deliberate.
The charade of thinking will end with the imposition of yet more steel tariffs/taxes, joining the 149 (some as high as 266 percent) targeting many of the over 110 countries and territories from which America imports steel.
Twenty-four of the existing duties target Chinese steel, which is just less than 3 percent of U.S. steel imports. America's supposedly embattled steel industry is producing more than it did during World War II, and every year in this decade more than 10 percent of American-made steel goods has been exported. "
"In 2002, George W. Bush imposed tariffs that caused steel prices to surge, costing more jobs in steel-using industries than then existed in steel-making. (Today there are upward of 7 times more steel-using than steel-making jobs.) The tariffs cost $400,000 a year for every steel-making job saved, and cost $4 billion in lost wages. Especially hard hit in 2002 were three states -- Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania -- that in 2016 voted for today's protectionist president. "
"As Henry George said, with protectionism a nation does to itself in peacetime what an enemy tries to do to it in war. "

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will012718.php3#x1YMVq1LOjL4sXUY.99

>>>poor George Will. He can't get the GOP to understand, if one of Chump's policies actually helped America, the Great Obama would have done it already (duh!). meanwhile...282,000 layoffs?

http://trumpeconomy.com/
 from site to sight
Msg: 808
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 2:15:16 PM

The stanching will be accomplished by quotas and stiff (up to 50 percent) tariffs, which are taxes collected at the border and paid by American consumers.

I'm sure Ivanka Trump will be thrilled with that, since her clothing line is made overseas. I guess she didn't get her father's memo, about America First-have everything made in the U.S. Either that, or she interpreted it to mean "Every product except for Trump products should be made in the U.S."
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 809
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 5:22:43 PM
McCabe was retiring in March... Is it March already?
Gee how time flies when you're draining the swamp!

The The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence memo might not be released till next week.
Or do you think the inspector general report will be more bad news for Mr McCabe?

Still lots to come.
So entertaining.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 810
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 5:28:33 PM
So, the guy announced last year that he is leaving in March, and Comrade Trump accused him of "racing the clock". Now he is leaving, and according to the orange kool-aid drinkers, he is trying to avoid some right wing conspiracy? You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 811
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 5:49:02 PM
Is it March?
Must be just a coincidence that he leaves one day after his boss FBI Director Wray read the House Intelligence Committee memo.
Ya thats the ticket... a coincidence that he left one month earlier than planned.

Maybe he left early to meet with his lawyers?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 812
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/29/2018 7:27:27 PM

Maybe he left early to meet with his lawyers?

Last time I checked, four aides to President Trump charged so far in Russia investigation, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos plead guilty. The others face charges.

You see, this is what happens when we have in charge a self called "law and order" president, who instead of letting his own law and order agencies do their jobs, is throwing bogus attacks on the FBI and the Justice Department to distract from the Mueller investigation.

McCabe felt pressure to leave from current FBI Director Christopher Wray, according to The New York Times. Wray reportedly had concerns about McCabe’s actions during the 2016 presidential election and suggested his deputy be demoted to another job, which made McCabe feel like he should leave the bureau.
 deetristate
Msg: 813
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 4:34:23 AM
Are the attacks bogus?

The Dems seem to think that the memo that Trump has now could reveal something detrimental to their schpiel.

I do not think that the President should release it. Just hold on to it and the knowledge and act on the information.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 814
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 9:05:43 AM
In other FOX news;

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Losing over 800 jobs means hundreds of metro families will be out of work.

On Tuesday morning, news arrived that Harley-Davidson, the giant motorcycle maker, will close its Kansas City assembly plant in 2019....

"We have a good workforce, and we did as we were told," Amos said. "We were living in a seven-year concession contract. Workers were hurting, and yet we did everything we were supposed to do."....

Financial reports from the past year show a significant downturn in sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and the Milwaukee-based company has suffered from big financial losses."

The iconic Harley Davidson isn't selling Harley's during this great American economic expansion we're reading about? Unbelievable!
 topolata
Msg: 815
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 9:11:37 AM
^^^^ Not sure what this has to do with anything?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 816
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 10:10:31 AM
"Not sure what this has to do with anything?"

Who buys and rides Harley? The poor? The rich?
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 817
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 2:11:31 PM
I love my Harley in fact I plan on buying two new ones in 2019.
A Roadglide and a Streetglide next year, his and hers.
Certainly not rich certainly not poor but I am comfortable so I guess the comfortable buy them.

Meanwhile back to the topic...
Fun to watch Democrat Luis Gutierrez Storm Out of State of the Union During the 'USA' Chant.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/31/luis-gutierrez-leaves-state-union-during-monuments-usa-chants-russia

Perhaps he isn't an American?
 N2U16
Msg: 818
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 2:18:54 PM
Best Commentary on the State of the Union last night.

“Time to reflect... For Democrats that is! #winning”
https://www.facebook.com/JamesTHarrisMedia/

Contagious Laughter lol
 HawkingJr
Msg: 819
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 2:55:59 PM
Most insider reports on McCabe leaving are strongly suggesting Wray wanted him gone because of complaints by DEMOCRATS about him not doing anything about Abedin’s emails on Weiner’s computer until right before the election, even though he knew about them several weeks sooner – if he had his people analyze them immediately, that revelation would have occurred before the Access Hollywood revelation, meaning Trump would have had the last highly negative publicity before the election, not Clinton (though some of the Wikileaks came out post-AH). In other words, his departure was more related to him helping Trump than Clinton (though likely unintentionally).

This all came up during an inspector general’s investigation of the matter, not necessarily because of the Republican memo. In fact, after seeing the memo, Wray and Rosenstein still attempted to talk the White House into not releasing it because it contained so much classified information (which Trump can declassify so it wouldn’t be breaking the law for him to approve its release) and out of concern that it might compromise sources, which was a thing that used to PO Republicans. Of course, the WH will ignore them (Kelly has said as much) because in their mind, the DOJ and FBI are just trying to prevent bad publicity about themselves. This absurd GOP war against the DOJ in Trump’s name cannot end well. I mean, for God’s sake: Trump appointed both Wray and Rosenstein! I thought he only chose the “best people.” Then why isn't he listening to them? Okay, dumb question. Why isn't ANYONE in the GOP listening to them?

On the actual subject of Fox News, I read its article on the train wreck (one of its reporters was on the train because she’s the wife of a GOP representative).

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/31/rachel-campos-duffy-describes-traumatic-train-crash-husband-8-kids

There is nothing exceptional about the article, even by Fox News standards. Straightforward reporting of the fact as they are currently known, which is, a truck got stuck on the tracks and a train full of GOP Congressmen hit it. But by God, you’d think from the comments section that this was the Democratic Watergate – and these are real people as far as I can tell, not Russian trolls, because they’re using their very realistic looking Facebook handles. And once you read comments like these on a completely neutral article and subject like this, you come to a much better understanding how a loony conspiracy theorist was elected president. A few examples:

“Let's make this clear. I don't believe in coincidences. After the memos were released and the SOTU last night, this was an act of terrorism from the democratic party. They know they lost congress after this so they are following Hillary's footsteps by trying to murder their way into office.” (Also similar to Trump: issues with the facts, considering the memo (singular) has not been released yet.)

“I suspect probably not coincidence. Liberals are so filled with hate that I don’t think there are any rules they follow.”

“let me guess, an illegal immigrant driving the truck? regardless, any chance this was a terror attack? it was full of politicians..”

“I doubt this is intentional , people.. You don't put a truck up against a train and think you're gonna kill everyone in the train..”

“A truck parked on the tracks carrying GOP members to a retreat doesn’t sit right with me. I know the driver was found dead, but something is seriously wrong with this picture. It needs to be investigated and let’s hope it is nothing like the GOP baseball field practice shooting.”

“Funny how all these accidents and such only happen to Republicans. This route should have been clear.” With response “It is. Look what Repubs have to put up with these days. Getting shot on their baseball fields, attacked from behind while mowing your lawn, and lots of Repubs present at a country music festival and shot; one wonders where all this is headed.”

And that’s just half of the first page. Jesus Christ, half this country is made up of conspiracy theorists! And I don’t think that’s Trump’s fault – I think he is the end result of half the country being born and bred to be conspiracy theorists. That said, here’s the one comment I’m like, okay, I wonder that, too:

“I am just not understanding why the 3 people in the truck did not get out of the truck once they saw the train coming. This doesn't make sense.”

I think that, too, every time I hear about a daytime case of a train hitting a vehicle. The first thing I would do if my vehicle broke down on a train track would be to get out of the vehicle – you’d think with 3 involved, at least 1 would have thought that!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 820
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 1/31/2018 3:22:30 PM

And I don’t think that’s Trump’s fault – I think he is the end result of half the country being born and bred to be conspiracy theorists.

I don't think it's his fault either. He sees an opening of people, conspiracy-Alex-Jones like stuff or close to it -- and gets it in his corner. And he begins believing a lot of that too, which is the fluidity of human nature to do so when you immerse yourself in it. A lot of it has to do with online talk -- easier to pass faux-facts as real facts. Conspiracies and false stories as true run rampant, with a false sense of validity (especially when other peers like it; So many can't be wrong, right?!).

“I am just not understanding why the 3 people in the truck did not get out of the truck once they saw the train coming. This doesn't make sense.”

Yeah, you would think. However, if we want to play even half the game of assumptions like they do -- what kind of guys would still be So in love with their truck, that they need to get it off the tracks to "Get 'er done"? Those who are more apt to watch Hee Haw, or those less apt to even like Hee Haw? The former, of course, being more likely. Hmmm, which side of the political spectrum would that be? Oh, so hard to figure out.

Naw, couldn't be those on the right who love their them trucks to the grave. They'd KNOW the train had Republican Congressmen on it! ;) So it HAD to be Dems who planned it out!
 Sandbyday
Msg: 821
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 2/1/2018 2:21:18 AM

So in love with their truck, that they need to get it off the tracks to "Get 'er done"? Those who are more apt to watch Hee Haw

Naw, couldn't be those on the right who love their them trucks to the grave

I doubt any of them owned the garbage truck.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 822
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 2/1/2018 6:46:37 AM
It's Throwback Thursday, ladies and gentlemen. Remember a year ago when Trump and Spicer claimed Trump's inauguration was the most watched of all time?

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-sotu-viewership-high/2018/02/01/id/840805/

Trump Tweet 2/1/18 (this morning): Thank you for all of the nice compliments and reviews on the State of the Union speech. 45.6 million people watched, the highest number in history. @FoxNews beat every other Network, for the first time ever, with 11.7 million people tuning in. Delivered from the heart!

Now mind you... Newsmax is a conservative right wing publication. And even they are calling BS:

"President Donald Trump boasted that the viewership for his first State of the Union address was the 'highest number in history,' but Nielsen's historical figures show it didn't even crack the top 5. Former President George W. Bush is No. 1 in a landslide, according to the media tracker.

The top SOTU viewership in history, dating back to 1993, according to Nielsen:

Jan. 28, 2003: G.W. Bush - 62,061,000.
Jan. 27, 1998: Bill Clinton - 53,077,000.
Jan. 29, 2002: G.W. Bush - 51,773,000.
Jan. 27: 2010: Barack Obama - 48,009,595.
Jan. 25, 1994: Bill Clinton - 45,800,000.
Jan. 30, 2018: Trump - 45,600,000."

Why can't this man stop lying? Why can't this man stop lying even when he knows something he's saying can easily be proven wrong? Why can't this man stop lying to himself to inflate his own ego? Why can't any Republican leaders or publications (besides Newsmax in this case) admit the man is a liar?

LIES LIES LIES -- how can his supporters believe anything he says when he lies about the most petty and pointless of things that are easily proven to be lies?

Well, time to see if Sanders can pull a Spicer in today's press briefing.

EDITED TO ADD: There are some comments on that page defending Trump by saying because his SOTU occurred in the online video era, maybe it was the most watched of all time, including the people watching via that route. Only thing is, he used Nielsen's numbers in his Tweet (note that Nielsen also measures streaming that occurs on TVs, though it's hit and miss on iPads and whatnot). Regardless, it's highly unlikely 20 million more people were streaming than watching on TV, which is what would be required to catch Bush's 62 million on TV only. Although Trump will make up his own lies, this seems like a lie he got from another source, usually Fox & Friends (as that's what time it posted it), so it'd be interesting to see what his source was and where the source got that information.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 823
On Fox News today..
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:01:59 AM

Msg: 822
Why can't this man stop lying?

He is a compulsive liar, born with the lying gene. And he knows his followers will imbibe with much gusto the contents of his orange kool-aid.
 N2U16
Msg: 824
On Fox News today..
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:16:08 AM
A Rare Occasion this morning as Feminist Mika supports a Republican Woman, Amb. Nikki Haley, from Michael Wolff.

His tweet at the end is Hilarious.
“My bad, the President is right about Mika”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26624/watch-msnbcs-mika-brzezinski-throws-smear-artist-ben-shapiro
 from site to sight
Msg: 825
view profile
History
On Fox News today..
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:21:02 AM
If Trump was to go somewhere, and only a few people showed up to see him, Trump would claim it was the biggest crowd in history. How many times can he go the same well, claiming the biggest/most ever in history, before his supporters catch on that he's full of BS, is addicted to self adulation, and he'll make stuff up to get that?

Trump never mentioned in his speech that America is great again. So at what point will America be great again?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > On Fox News today.....