Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boatguy411
Msg: 226
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright
I gotta wear shades, I gotta wear shades

My first photos posted were outdoors wearing sunglasses and I got a lot of criticism over them. I can't see your face, I can't see your eyes. I wasn't hiding anything so I don't think you should automatically read anything into it. I said I am outdoors all the time, I gotta wear shades! But, I took my sunglasses off, now I am squinting in my main profile shot ,and even took a separate photo of my eyes. The result: the response I got both ways (incoming messages and replys to my outgoing messages) improved considerably. Can't fight city hall or a women's prerogative.
 mannyfresco
Msg: 227
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:59:58 PM
Well in my profile i got sunglasses on but I have a pic without basically to see that i have nothing to hide. I definetely understand if a guy or girl has sunglasses that assumes something to hide. Now I dont like judging people but I believe that sunglasses makes the person look cooler lol.
 LoveTreason
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:36:50 PM
I think this is why a lot of us are still single... forever skeptics in our own assumptions.

Rather than asking a bunch of strangers what might or might not be the case... wouldn't it be more efficient if we question the source?

Hey you... do you always have your sunglasses on, cuz your photos sure seem to suggest it?
Hey you... why don't ya have a pic up?
Hey you... why so far... you seem to be running away from the camera?
Hey you... is that your sister sitting in your lap or are you just trying to make me jealous?

And it's not just the men...

The women for instance...

Why do many feel inclined to post swimsuit pics?
Or bathroom mirror pics?
Or cleavage shots?
Or them in a slinky****ail dress, martini in hand?

What are they hiding?

Every human being has red flags, there's not a one of us who doesn't have issues, unless we were stuck in a cave for the last 27 years... even then, that's a whole other set of issues.

In other words, nobody is perfect... if you are interested in someone and are uncertain about something they said, or posted... ASK THEM about it... otherwise. Let it go, and don't waste your energy.

I donno, this is just my philosophy. I don't try to appeal to everyone, other people don't have to see things my way.
 Nettexface
Msg: 229
Posted: 8/26/2009 2:55:15 AM
UGh I can't stand when guys are trying to contact you, you look at their profile, and bam, loaded with pics of that sh!t...a hot girl on each arm. Puhlease. You are on a dating site after all. why would you do that?!
gosh some people are just so retarded.
alot of these profiles are lame, i've yet to find something interesting to read.
The whole sunglasses bit, well, its only shady if that's their only pic.
 limely
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 11:48:29 AM
Some people look better with sunglasses on. But If they have other pictures of them with the sunglasses off well than I dont see what the big deal would be. So long as not everysingle picture is of them wearings sunglasses.
 WHALELVR
Msg: 231
Posted: 11/13/2009 12:32:30 PM
Couple of men on here, who wear sunglasses, and have been really aloof.
Not saying it is wrong until they block you and delete you as a favorite so you can't see their activity.
I have done some investigating and you are right.
The ones who do 1 -4 have SERIOUS major ISSUES..all will tell that they do not.
Keep your GUARD up.
From one woman to another.
I did not join this site, to get played on.
Rather to meet a quality person for more than just dating.
Hoping for the best. Janet
 Joseph386
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/13/2009 12:59:30 PM
I live in South Florida. I do not think glasses are strange.
 swampbuggy1
Msg: 233
Posted: 11/13/2009 1:44:29 PM
I see a lot of woman with one pic of them wearing sunglasses on some far away vacation to some country and 5 pics of their tattoos or thier cat or thier clevage or thier kids or drunk being surounded by a bunch of drunk men.
 DelrayDesign
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/13/2009 2:53:04 PM
IF it bothers you "that much" ...then why are you "not likely" to respond...

DON'T RESPOND...Just keep it moving!!!

Why are you using your mind and energy to figure them out?

Don't you have a better way to spend your time?
 barbyanne2
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/13/2009 3:49:41 PM
I agree. I do not go for hats or sunglasses. Some professionals may post with their eyes covered for work related reasons though. If this is the case, I would expect he be able to provide me an emailed photo with no hat or glasses. If you hide something about yourself in the photos, you just piss people off.

I prefer a man to be wearing neither in his main photo, and for the photo to be of only him. No kids, dogs, exes, buds, etc etc. All of that screams, "I have a busy drama filled life that I might give you a bitty corner of."

ummmmmmmm.........................thanks anyway. bye.
 Mr.Travis
Msg: 236
Posted: 11/13/2009 5:41:10 PM
That is almost as bad as saying that women who do not have a complete body shot picture are hiding what they look like.... RED FLAG!!!

That is almost as bad as saying that women who have pictures of thier face and clevage are inviting sexual comments from men....RED FLAG!!!

That is almost as bad as pictures of women who hide their faces behind hair or only present side profiles...RED FLAG!!!

That is almost as bad as women showing pictures with them and other women...Pack Mentality...RED FLAG!!!

Tht is almost as bad as women who show pictures of them in black and white...possibly denoting their black and white view of the world... RED FLAG!!!

That is almost as bad as women who are only here to chat and make friends online but will not permit others to contact them because they smoke...Control FREAK Issues....RED FLAG!!!
 stilesgirl
Msg: 237
Posted: 11/13/2009 6:01:44 PM
I usually pass up the photos with sunglasses, I have to see the eyes.

After all, eyes are the windows of your soul!

If the women in the photo are kids, grandchildren thats fine, I see as family oriented type person.
 Wiyan
Msg: 238
Posted: 11/14/2009 11:17:39 AM
you are right on all those points. Unfortunately, as some guys have threaded before-it's not just guys who do this! Some of the sistahood is playing the same silly games. The more times this gets pointed out, hopefully volunteer mods will delete those types of profile pics and posters will clean up their pics too.
 scottey63
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 6:07:37 PM
Lots of women with only pics of them in sunglasses, too. If I can't see your eyes, I just move on.
 cherrydolly
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 11:30:48 PM
I hear u ........ it does seem like their hiding something... so simple as longing in their eyes.

ok............. :puke:

naw for reals its all about their comfort level and their self-respect :)

-Val.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:20:56 AM
People wearing sunglasses in all their pictures should not be allowed. It is the same as no picture, a blank.
 SlingDad
Msg: 242
Posted: 11/15/2009 10:52:07 AM
Oy!

11 pages about sunglasses in pics?

I have pics without sunglasses in my profile, hell, I even have pics with no hat...

I live in Florida, I'm bald and my eyes are sensitive to the light. No surprises and no issues that need tissues. So sorry for those who read too much into it. Lighten up!
 Empowered1
Msg: 243
Posted: 11/15/2009 7:38:25 PM
One shot with sunglasses is ok (they can be quite flattering for many fellas) but not 5 or 6.

The eyes can be one of the sexiest parts of the body.. windows to the soul and all that jazz. Show/share them.
 IdiotLuckBox
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 11:02:57 PM
maybe they don't have a lot of pictures of themselves

or they could be terminators and had part of their face blown off and had to dig out their damaged eye and now they only have the cyborg eye underneath which is hidden by the sunglasses

pretty sure it is one of those two
 whytwater
Msg: 245
Posted: 11/17/2009 4:14:15 AM

People wearing sunglasses in all their pictures should not be allowed. It is the same as no picture, a blank

But, blank's are allowed!! Lol Strange rules, where mods purge pics without enough face, but blanks are acceptable.
 cuban delite
Msg: 246
Posted: 11/17/2009 9:36:47 AM
A well balanced profile......is a good thing
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 10:25:31 AM
I have one...it's my atypical douchebag pic...every guy should have one.

spunkybum52
Msg: 248
Posted: 11/24/2009 9:42:47 PM
Yes, I hate pictures of men if they wear sunglasses, are with other women (bad taste), and if they are with children, or if the picture is so far away that you can't even see their face. One guy messaged me and both were evident, that he had sunglasses on and his picture was so far way. I asked him what was the point of putting the pic on? He then said he would email me a closer pic. Well, the joker did, but he only showed me his nose & mouth haha. I wrote him back and told him how pathetic he was. Needless to say we never met.
 ellena.
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 5:34:14 AM
Yes There was a man who I corresponded w/ for quite s while whose only photo was onw w/ him wearing sunglasses. he didn't want to meet me cause I had no photo at the time.
well somebody convinced him to pose w/o sunglasses. he did.
He looked like a diffent person entirely. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask to see a photo w/o sunglasses.
As for a bunch of women in pics. I am less likely to contact that person.
I don't like when people show there kids on profiles either. I think that might encourage the wrong kind of attention and possibly put those kids at risk.
Once Isaw a man whose car had it's license plate showing I wrote, him and told him that was probably not such a good idea.
He promptly removed it.
Oh well, It's a crap shoot I guess.
 blueceleste
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 1:08:06 PM
i had someone sent me a pic that was 2 far away to see and a tiny ass pic. i asked the person why is it small? he gave me some dumb answer i didnt bother to talk to him i dont have time to squint my eyes tryin to see ur pic
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles