Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JohnEDeep
Msg: 226
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
In the great scheme of things, sunglasses should be pretty low on the list of things to be concerned about. Don't like 'em? Don't write to 'em. Why persecute the visually challenged? I wear corrective lenses. My shades are prescription. I need them to see further than arm's length, and bright sunlight gives me headaches.

Still got a problem with that? How about I just say they keep me from going blind from the massive amount of cleavage you display. Does that indicate insecurity? For who?

For the record: Cleavage will not get any complaints from me...but I don't write to boobs.

PS Hopefully, you'll note that I did take the trouble to post a few without lenses...but that's false advertising. In real life, you'll never see me out of bed or shower without 'em.
 ooobaby 01
Msg: 227
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 12/2/2009 4:00:03 PM
I think in most cases men with shades on are trying to look 'cool' because if they wanted to disguise themselves because they are married I think they'd just not have a picture and just include it when they message someone.

Whatever the case may be it is a huge turn off for me because I am an eye person and if I can't see their eyes then I am not interested......

I don't like hats either. The one's where they are wearing a knit hat in the summer I find really dumb....lol Or if they have 5 pics and in all of them they have a hat on I don't bother with....
 SlingDad
Msg: 228
Posted: 12/2/2009 4:39:41 PM
Damn, gotta scratch oobaby off my list, too.
 charliesangel28
Msg: 229
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:23:25 PM
hey there!

i actually said to a guy why the sunnies? what you trying to hide??ha ha
he goes i am in ..... ( whatever his job was) and i don't want ppl to know i am on here.
well derr i said. if they saw you they would be on here themselves.

and to answer your question i think it in very poor choice to wear sunnies, take a side shot or have a distant photo. I would never respond to a profile with this sort of photo.
 James Blonde 007
Msg: 230
Posted: 12/7/2009 10:07:04 AM
I best get these glasses off my blue eyes.........
 MusicNonStop
Msg: 231
Posted: 12/7/2009 2:00:15 PM
Lol, what a nit-picky thread. Ever thought that some people have sun glasses on because the picture was taken outside? I guess some of you would prefer a squinty-eyed photo, though.
 SugarKisses38
Msg: 232
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:41:48 PM
Men who wear shades in a dating profile picture are shady.
And showing that you have friends is so insecure. Like, who cares
you are still on a dating site so obviously you are needing some loving'
or something?
 eclipse26
Msg: 233
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:00:59 PM
Hey you know i don't carry a camera around with me everywhere I go. Some of these pictures were taken by others and that's probably some of the best us guys are. I'm sure i don't exactly wear what's "metro" or the color of the season either!
 sammylg
Msg: 234
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:20:17 PM
"It's only if their sunglasses have white rims do you have to worry about them being a douche. "

Actually, mirrored Ray Ban aviators often raise my douche-bag detector.
 Husbandman
Msg: 235
Posted: 12/8/2009 12:58:37 AM
ironically, eversince I put up my main photo w/shades, I've been getting way more profile views which has lead to more messages.
 Technical Buddha
Msg: 236
Posted: 12/8/2009 1:22:28 AM
I like to go for that "Federal Agent" look. Its cool, its suave, and its manly ! Wouldn't do it in all of my photos though. I have great eyes , love to show them off.
 cfb62
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 10:49:07 AM
Guys complain they meet women who don't resemble the pics they post... and then these same guys just hide behind their sunglasses in their pics.
 longhairbadass
Msg: 238
Posted: 12/28/2009 12:03:03 PM
Oh gee, I'm just plain screwed because I don't follow fad, fashion, or dating site etiquette protocol. Don't follow it in general life either. My name says it all. Yeah, I wear shades sometimes. Might wear a hat sometimes. I got hair to my asss. Sometimes its tied up. Sometimes its all crazy everywhere. I wear destructable clothing at work. I wear jeans and harley T shirts when casual permits. I have a penchant for oscar de larente, pierre cardin, rios mercedes, and tori richards when the occasion calls for it to be formal. I do not get caught in any one style. My freinds and family are getting used to my extreme changeling, and blending into my environment looks. I have way too many designer sunglasses. I feel its tacky to put up all sunglasses pics, and I don't. Got nothing to hide. And pics are current. I pulled my script KDs down so you can see my gorgeous turqoise peepers.
 Benedanti
Msg: 239
Posted: 12/28/2009 3:51:46 PM
I didn't mind the attractive females in the picture...if they did it becuase they Need to feel attractive, I feel sorry for them. If I find out it's their beautiful sister...I dont take it so seriously. It could be his sisters. & He's a family guy.

I will agree on the wearing sunglasses. That is deceptive and obviously history has shown us that is NOT a good impression to start off with. After all, the eyes are the windows to the soul.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 240
Posted: 3/3/2018 4:02:38 AM
I've wondered the same about the many men that wear shades in nearly every photo and those with hats and shades in every pic. I literally can't make a determination if I want to correspond, because I can't even tell what they look like.

It's especially common for many male profiles in nc. Nearly 90% of the guys have on shades in their default pics. I literally had 12 different guys in my inbox all with shades on in their default and I was thinking "how original" as I went to clean up my inbox.

I wonder if we wore shades in every pic if guys would still respond. Many down here don't smile either, most either look angry, mean or constipated. It's very rare to see a nice smile and a man showing his eyes.
 from site to sight
Msg: 241
Posted: 3/3/2018 7:47:20 AM
I agree, that wearing sunglasses and/or a ball cap in a profile picture is a bad idea. But on the same token, how many women (especially older women) dye their hair, and have the artificial hair color in their profile pics? Why not have a picture with you're real, natural hair color instead of a phony color? Why would women hide their hair color, but expect guys to not hide any part of their head? Double standard, anyone?
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 242
Posted: 3/3/2018 8:11:53 AM

But on the same token, how many women (especially older women) dye their hair, and have the artificial hair color in their profile pics? Why not have a picture with you're real, natural hair color instead of a phony color? Why would women hide their hair color, but expect guys to not hide any part of their head? Double standard, anyone?

I'm not sure I see the connection of any double standard. With so many guys wearing hats and shades, you literally can't see their face. I mean I can't, so it's almost like they may as forgo all of the hat and shades pics, because I won't know what they look like anyway.

As far as hair dye, are you talking about the bright colors that some wear now? Like the blue, purple, pink?
 Dinno76
Msg: 243
Posted: 3/3/2018 11:45:34 AM
Why is it a bad idea?
 HanoverFella
Msg: 244
Posted: 3/3/2018 11:45:51 AM
Oh puleezz, so women should post all pictures without makeup, save the shock the next morning...lol
 Dinno76
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/3/2018 12:23:22 PM
That is why I never spend the night. I wait till the lady is asleep and then I sneak out. When she wakes up I am long gone.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 246
Posted: 3/3/2018 12:53:27 PM

so women should post all pictures without makeup, save the shock the next morning...lol

When the men stop hiding their****yed eyes, bad teeth, missing hairline, with all of the shades and hats.

Who are some of you having one night stands with? lol
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 10:39:34 PM
That's the difference between OLD for many women and most men. Browneyes posted that she had like 12 guys that messaged her recently who only have pictures with sun glasses and hats on. I used OLD for like two years and can count the number of responses I got back on one hand. Guys pictures with hats and sun glasses- first world problem in comparison.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/4/2018 6:17:53 AM

used OLD for like two years and can count the number of responses I got back on one hand. Guys pictures with hats and sun glasses

I think it's a common thing that I've seen women say they don't care for and I think it proves that we want to see a man's eyes, his smile, just as much as guys want to see ours. I think if most women had sunglasses on in their pics, it would amount to the same. You guys are visual and we just want to see a man's face, just as we would if we were actually being approached in person. If a guy approached me wearing shades, I'd be civil, but that's as far as it would go.
 south_city
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:51:39 AM

I think it's a common thing that I've seen women say they don't care for and I think it proves that we want to see a man's eyes, his smile, just as much as guys want to see ours. I think if most women had sunglasses on in their pics, it would amount to the same. You guys are visual and we just want to see a man's face just as we would if we were actually being approached in person.

Women wearing sunglasses on their pictures does not bother me. I have never seen a woman that I was attracted to become less attractive when she removed her sunglasses. If I was at an outdoor event on a bright sunny day and an attractive woman wearing sunglasses was interested in me, I wouldn't dismiss her because of the sunglasses. Same thing with OLD.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 250
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:31:02 AM

If I was at an outdoor event on a bright sunny day and an attractive woman wearing sunglasses was interested in me, I wouldn't dismiss her because of the sunglasses. Same thing with OLD.

That's granted, if it were an outside sunny location, but I'm referring to those that would wear shades inside, at night and under all situations.

I think that's because most women don't hide behind shades, I think women do it far less in photos, especially default photos - whereas that's one of the main things many males do is hide behind shades. Some guy even said he had far less luck in responses and I believe it as I had a bunch of messages from local guys all hiding behind shades.

There are many of us that want to see a man's eyes, his smile as those are the first things that I look at in person. Some act like they're in hiding with all of the shade photos and even wearing hats with the shades. Some will say they don't want coworkers and colleagues to see them on an OLD site - well if they do see them, that would mean they're doing OLD too.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles