Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 26
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

If the only photo a man posts is one where he is wearing sunglasses, I will NOT respond, and have even included that in my profile. What it tells me is a) they are too lazy to post decent photos or b) there is something wrong with them

I'll take option "B" for $2,000 alex!
 _Icon_
Msg: 27
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:09:54 PM
^^^Don't allow him to look you in the eye, you could get hypnotized and forced into a life of crime.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:14:27 PM

^^^Don't allow him to look you in the eye, you could get hypnotized and forced into a life of crime.

I honestly didn't know that doctoring people's shoes to be a size too small was a crime!
 joeysview
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:22:43 PM
are women who show a nice rack insecure or do they want to show they size up to the best of your favs
 grizz104
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:47:51 PM
hi im glad to respond to this one i dont want to comeoff as being vendictive but when on a dating site i try to put my best foot forward so to speak. ive heard that if you are suspecious of a guy on a profile possibly its your own insecurities omg maybe he dont have hair or teeth?lol half the women on here dont even post a pic! i get a lot of responses from women wanting to see a pic wih out sunglasses and i dont have aproblem with it. i wear glasses and if im outside they automatically change in the sunshine,omg glasses ! dont mean to be mean or negative but whos really being negative here ? if you are that jugdgemental possibly a world has already past you by?lighten up and get used to it ! winning isnt everything but it beats second place by miles!
 Antonesque
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:15:57 PM
They are not sunglasses, they are my normal glasses - with photochromic lenses.
In strong light they darken to protect my eyes.
Would you rather have photos with 'red-eye'?
 _Icon_
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:59:22 PM

Ever since my picture with smoked ballistic goggles got reported...

That is just wrong. Bring back the crossed swords pic, imo. My fave of you.
 Sardonis
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:27:18 AM
I think it is really funny how some women read into the sunglasses photo.

It's like they watched some movie on Lifetime Television for Women and the bad guy character who lies, cheats and terrorizes the poor innocent woman wore dark glasses.

LOL....I mean seriously, they are sunglasses. They don't mean a thing other than it was bright outside.
 circe 1
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:50:44 AM
Baldyis beautiful...After reading your profile, I would definitely date you in a heartbeat! Any man that likes Monty Python can't be all bad! I see you have a photo without sunglasses.....PASS!
 circe 1
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:53:33 AM
I agree domdan69...if all a woman has to offer is cleavage and, of course, the pouting lips, that says it all. It means that's all they have to offer. Boring....
 thelastresort
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:00:22 AM
Like other men, I don't have alot of pics taken. I was golfing with my son on Father's Day weekend and he caught me by surprise. When it was taken, my first thoughts were not to remove my glasses because I may put it on an on-line dating site, and some women may find it offensive.

There's nothing strange or suspicious about it. It does not indicate he has something to hide, married, or aything else. It happens to be the time and place the picture was taken.

Don't prejudge! A man wearing dark glasses does not make him suspisious any more than a woman showing alot of cleavage make her a tramp.
 strollinbella
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:47:24 AM
I have absolutely no problem with photos where a man is sporting sunglassses that flatter his face. Some men look extra handsome in shades.

One man down in Florida does a hilarious job of trying to hide his identity. His only pic shows him wearing an oversized, wide-brimmed white hat and some ridiculously huge sunglasses. Reminds me of a Peter Sellers movie! At least Peter Sellers was funy!!
 Gamma~Ray
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:57:36 PM
Yup.....and the ladies with all the lip gloss, foundation, base, blush, eyeliner,
mascara, pushup bras, control top panties, hair tails, nylons, nail polish......etc,etc,etc.
They will give you myriad reasons for wearing all this stuff, that hides what one wakes up to in the morning. I take my chances too, right?

BUT....guys....don't you dare wear a hat or sunglasses. You will be construed as something you are not.

Gimme a frikin break!!

Ladies DO look good with all their enhancements, (subjective,right?), so let the guys be themselves too.

Ps....there are plenty of women on here with men in their pics.....it's a two way street.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:46:44 PM
Some eyes are pretty, some are not. NO eyes are soul windows, lol! Anyone hopin' they are is in for a shitload of trubble.

And enough with the red flags already. Just admit some peeps don't float your boat, or that you're fairly paranoid, and leave off of laying the blame at others' feet: makes life enormously more easy, and dat's da troot!

Angelnurse10
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:28:12 PM
i don't like the sunglasses (I have a thing for eyes), or the pics with other women, and last not one picture without the baseball cap.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:53 PM
Being able to see their eyes is important to me. The eyes are the windows of the soul. Ball caps that cast shadows over the face, more facial hair than Chubaka, or they don't smile and look like maybe they just passed a kidney stone. I want to see their teeth, but I am also attracted to happy people. Now I know as single folk we don't get many photo ops as people with families, but it is not that hard to take a clear pic of you face, do it yourself and put it online. I've gotten the nicest clearest pics just standing in front of my bathroom mirror, hold the camera over my reflection facing me, think of something funny, and click. A guy who doesn't care enough to try to be resourceful just isn't going to get the attention if nobody really knows what he looks like. Now I know guys probably get a little scared when the women don't have a full body shot, but my arm doesn't stretch far enough away to get one, and besides I already put it out there that I'm plus size so there shouldn't be any surprises.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 7:08:48 PM
Geez, guess I better delete the one picture where I'm wearing sunglasses AND a hat....as if they aren't bad enough, there's also a dead fish in that pic. Nahhh, it's me....don't like it, move on to someone with pretty eyes who may have been a wife beater....like it matters. Windows to the soul, my butt. It ain't just the eyes, but the expression, the face, the aura they portray as a package. The eyes can be expressive....but only for that point in time. JMO.

~ds~
 knoxtenn
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/19/2008 7:11:52 PM
alot of men that wear sunglasses--like too suck****.. i'm not 1 of them....
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:12:12 PM

Baldyis beautiful...After reading your profile, I would definitely date you in a heartbeat! Any man that likes Monty Python can't be all bad! I see you have a photo without sunglasses.....PASS!

Pass? Does that mean that my photo without sunglasses is bad? I thought I looked all cute and sh*t when I had that goatee ... but I sure look younger without it!
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:04:51 AM

Yup.....and the ladies with all the lip gloss, foundation, base, blush, eyeliner,
mascara, pushup bras, control top panties, hair tails, nylons, nail polish......etc,etc,etc.
They will give you myriad reasons for wearing all this stuff, that hides what one wakes up to in the morning. I take my chances too, right?

So I guess you're tired of the magic show and you want au naturale? If you know all the tricks then you should be able to see through them. It's called grooming and making the most of what you've got. If you want someone without all of that stuff, then you might as well date a dude. I personally don't mind if a guy is metrosexual enough to groom and dress himself in flattering way and not look like an ex-con.
Guys - We just want to see your peepers! Jeepers! What is so awful about that?
To me the sunglasses, ball cap, and excess facial hair are equivalent to a burka. I like the comment about a balloon with a face drawn on it. I could be dating "Wilson" - a soccer ball with a face and he'd probably be more emotionally available than many men I've met.
 fetish4u
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 3:19:12 PM
I once had a picture of myself in sunglasses on as my main picture.Nothing to hide in my case.I just thought it looked stylish.You know like the "Joe Cool"look.Any Peanuts fans out there will know what I'm talking about.
 original name12
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/22/2008 5:24:52 AM
wow, now it all makes sense to me..it is as if the veil of darkness has been lifted and thus I have finally seen the blinding light of truth!!! (..and as an ironic twist I no longer need the glasses to protect me)

thanks for the education..i swear this place is like therapy for me..but without all the psychobabble and uncomfortable mandatory oral sex.
 misszmsz
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/1/2008 11:12:07 AM
Alot of people look great with sunglasses on as it hides the main features of the face, the eyes, and the bridge of the nose. You cannot expect a person with only a photo of themselves in sunglasses to be anything but incognito. I'm with you I want to see the eyes. But if they write something clever perhaps I will ask for another photo to see if I am attracted to their looks.
 whytwater
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/1/2008 11:27:33 AM

It means he is trying to hide his shifty, beady eyes. Most likely a terrorist.

LOL. You cracked me up, Iconoclast. Maybe we should all be demanding that first meets be shirtless, with tight, low, low, lowriders! Oh, and barefoot, like the airports do.
 tami08
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:19:44 PM
You have to be able to see there eyes, the eyes tell a lot. I want to know if the man has a lot of wrinkles around the eyes or bags under the eyes. I also hate it when the guys post only pictures of them with there hats on. I want to see under that hat. The other thing is guys who only put face shots with no body shots, i want to see there body. Last is guys who put pictures of them that are not close ups. We want to see a close up of you. O'yea and the pictures they post that are 2 years and older. Come on now, update the pictures. Call me shallow for saying all this, but i do not care. I do not want any surprises when we meet up in person.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles