Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ksenia1
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Lol, yes I don't get that myself....
 hndson
Msg: 52
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 10/15/2008 11:12:21 AM
Hi Valora....
Gary here.
Nah! I woudn't write to a woman who wouldn't let me see her eyes....OR the top of her head. One is prompted to ask the question whenever sunglasses or hats are "standard operating equipment"....."Whatever are they hiding there??"
However...(and herein is the codicil)....IF a photo with hat and sunglasses is INCLUDED ...along with other photos that show the aforementioned parts...then it's perfectly acceptable.
Other than that though....one must get the Gong Show bell.

BTW...this is my FIRST EVER ENTRY into a blog! Do I get a prize for that??
 english lass
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/15/2008 12:42:45 PM
if men wear sunglasses it's obviously because they have a hidden agenda to take over the world with their hidden red-swirly-hypno-eyes

HHOtttttT!

whytwater
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/15/2008 1:22:20 PM

if men wear sunglasses it's obviously because they have a hidden agenda to take over the world with their hidden red-swirly-hypno-eyes
HHOtttttT!

LMAO!!!
Kinda like all those black-suited guys ganging up on Keanu Reeves.
OP-The POF pic police deleted my original photo because I was wearing shades. Assuming that they were not singling me out for this treatment, you may sleep soundly with faith that the sunglasses purge will reach all of fugitives.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/15/2008 1:49:43 PM
I thought the POF rules said no sunglasses or things that hid what you look like. I think that men that have foggy pictures, glasses, hats, and other things, they aren't serious about looking for someone. If things wouldn't work out with the guy I am seeing, I would just pass over those people. I also don't respond to those that don't have pictures.

It makes me wonder why they bother posting a picture at all.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:27:03 PM
I got an email the other day from a guy on another site. His picture showed the back of him driving a boat. Just the back of his head and body - no face. The shirt and shorts were baggy so it's not like he was trying to impress anyone with his booty either.
 stevelfun
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:00:01 PM
Well, I have a picture when I was at a beach. Sorry - I'll remember to not wear them and look all sqwinty eyed instead - far more attractive. Too, for those of you that don't like the shirtless thing either - I'll bring a shirt and tie to the beach too.

NOT!!!!

Get over it already. Yeesh.

You are right - the blurry web cam photos that you can't tell if you are looking at a man, woman or their dog are far superior. LOL
 mcopado
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 8:49:05 AM
I can understand not caring for pictures of guys with other women, BUT there are pics of women with men in some profiles as well...(but I usually try to cut them some slack and assume that those guys are relatives.)

But sunglasses?

Wow...once again, it never ceases to amaze me what stupid and narrow minded criteria people use to keep themselves single and bitter.

And some of you complain that there are "no good men/women" on here...How do you know if wipe out an entire chunk of people based on some idiotic criteria as sunglasses? Shouldn't you be more concerned if he/she is a decent human being, not that they maybe the only picture they have available to them are outdoor ones?

*shakes head*
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:07:38 AM

And some of you complain that there are "no good men/women" on here...How do you know if wipe out an entire chunk of people based on some idiotic criteria as sunglasses? Shouldn't you be more concerned if he/she is a decent human being, not that they maybe the only picture they have available to them are outdoor ones?

But mcopado, you have made the effort of putting various pics on your profile where we can see your eyes and face. Doesn't that say that you put your self out there and shown that you are truly interested in meeting someone? I would hope that someone that put a little effort into their profile might be a decent human being also. In the online world, profiles are first impressions - I would say that you have put a lot of thought and care into your profile - shouldn't you get more attention than the guy who just doesn't give a rip?
 mcopado
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:44:16 AM
I would say that you have put a lot of thought and care into your profile - shouldn't you get more attention than the guy who just doesn't give a rip?

We're talking about dismissing someone based on him having a sunglass pictures, NOT if I read the original post correctly, about anything else on the profile...

My pictures are no more an indication of the content of my heart or soul, or my capacity to be a good partner than the type of car I drive. So in answer to your question, NO...I could be an abuser, or a psycho, or simply an a-hole who can market himself well, or I just happen to be good at writing, and have a bunch of pictures of me lying around...

Plenty of nice guys/girls don't have advanced degrees, or may be as articulate as I am, or simply don't have access to cameras/scanners, and therefore their profiles don't appear to some folks as "thoughtfully put together" as mine...So we judge them?

A long time ago I was working at a tv station that was going under. I was in my supervisor's office one day and he walked in and immediately swept a stack of unread resumes for a key position we were desperately needing filled into the garbage.

6 months later the station folded. I always wondered if maybe, just maybe, one of the people in those resumes, which were so callously discarded, so carelessly discounted, could have been the one to turn the station around.

If we use such shallow criteria as sunglasses to discount people then we could be missing out on the person we've been looking for.

It kinda reminds me of some saying some wise man once said...something about "judging not?"
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:04:28 PM
mcopado - I'm sure that many guys dismiss me immediately because my waistline does not meet their requirements, and it's quite alright if they do. They could say, well if she really wanted to meet someone she could lose some weight. She obviously doesn't care. I put in the effort and keep trying to be the best that I can be. Someone was criticizing my profile becuase all I had was head shots and none that showed my body type. I actually bought a $400 camera with a remote just so I could take up to date pics myself so it didn't look like I was trying to hide a morbidly obese body. For a guy to take an indoor head shot and show off what could be his best feature would take maybe 5 minutes and definitely couldn't hurt his chances. On singles net I get constant winks and smiles from guys who have no picture and don't even write a paragraph about themselves. All I know is they like hockey and nascar. That's really nothing to go on and I can't contact them back and forth just to find out if they are really single, or trying to hide their identity for some reason. There are certain features that really get my attention and the eyes are first for me. I'd like to at least be able to pick someone out of a line up if I'm going to consider meeting with them.
 fancynanci
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2008 1:40:02 PM
I think they are trying to look "cool" which defeats the whole purpose. A cool person doesn't have to "try".
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/5/2008 3:39:12 PM
It is so hard to take off your sunglasses or hat when you have your picture taken. I understand having pictures like that, but if you are on here to date, you should at least have a head shot without sunglasses, hat or something else that blocks what you look like.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/6/2008 5:14:52 PM
Just as long as they wear their sunglasses with the lights off when I take my clothes off. No cellulite here. As a matter of fact maybe a leather blindfold would be even better.
 youthfulredhead
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/9/2008 9:47:12 AM
I totally agree and was wondering when I would see this post. A person can look totally different when they take off the sunglasses. It is okay to have one pic with sunglasses on, but you should have pics without them too. Otherwize, how can anyone tell what you really look like if we can't see your eyes? I mean, what are these guys hiding?
 whothehellknows
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:20:23 AM
Maybe they are blind? Afraid of being recognized by the police, the wife or something? I'm sure wives and girlfriends would never recognize the men in their lives if they throw on some sunglasses.

Obviously it can't be because they are outside on a sunny day or anything even remotely similar, that's just not logical. Just looks like some lying, deceiving, shifty behavior to me. I am surprised NOW hasn't organized some protests against this form of bad male role model bahavior.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:39:23 AM

also party pics when is is dancing with another girl?? haha.. too funny.

I always find it weird when I see a photos on female profiles and she has a lot of pictures of her with other guys. Besides it just not being very attractive, I always wonder do these other guys know they are being used on a dating profile? When I see that I think "well these 5 guys did not make the cut..."
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:44:24 AM
A lot of people look better with shades on. I'm sure they're using their best pictures to get someone to open their profile and check them out more closely. It's no different than women who display their breasts and manipulate pictures so that they appear to be slimmer, or who post main pictures of themselves with their more attractive friend to draw you in.

I've been considering posting a main pic of myself with sunglasses on, standing next a young bodybuilder friend, in front of another friend's Ferrari, with a backdrop of another friends's McMansion.
 celts123
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/1/2009 9:51:23 AM
Another thread where people are being fussy about photos. Maybe most of their recent photos were taken outside on bright sunny days. I certainly would rather a see woman with sunglasses over a woman who had used old / deceptive photos to hide her actual age or body type.
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 10:02:22 AM
A guy sent me a photo that was not only really out of focus, but he was wearing shades in what appears to be an indoor shot. So basically, this was the photo he sent me to let me know what he looked like. I replied:

Here's a question for you.
Why the shades?
Do you usually wear them indoors?
Are you Stevie Wonder blind?
or,
Is the future so bright, you gotta wear shades?

His reply, and I paraphrase, was the he thought I needed professional help.

Okey dokey....
 whytwater
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/1/2009 10:24:48 AM

sunglasses means they are hiding something, maybe married or atatched.

Sorry, I just can't believe you said that. LOL!!!
There are voracious, horrid monsters under your bed, too, I suspect. Lol.

I always find it weird when I see a photos on female profiles and she has a lot of pictures of her with other guys. Besides it just not being very attractive, . . . When I see that I think "well these 5 guys did not make the cut..."

Hmmm, might be good point. What mystifies me is when she has pics showing her surrounded by other women, often without a shot with only her face, and without captions to identify her. Even when she does help you pick her out, more often than not you're wanting to know more about the "friends" in the pics than about her, cuz they're more, uh, photogenic. Lol. There are bunches of these group pics on this site.

For several months, I used a pic, taken outside on a sunny day, without the shades. I was recoiling from the brightness when the shot was taken, but I thought it showed me honestly (even added a caption to explain the circumstances). One recent day, in some forgotten thread, some guy made a casual, btw comment about the constipated poster (yeah, he was talking about me, lol). I webcammed a replacement that day (LOL!!), which I will live with til the next photo op.

MsStackhouse
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/1/2009 4:25:24 PM
I think that the whole guy-wearing-sunglasses and/or baseball cap is our equivalent of chicks profiles that only have a headshot.
If guys assume that a girls is fat if she only has a headshot in her profile, then I guess we assume that a guy is balding and ugly if he's wearing sunglasses and a hat in his.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:53:34 PM
I think that any guy using their main profile photo with sunglasses on, has something to hide or else he's married or involved with someone.

Maybe you should stop thinking. Have you ever thought maybe they're wearing sunglasses because it's sunny outside and they're in the sun? Or they are going out in the sun, and maybe even thsoe sunglasses have prescrition lenses so they can see, while in the sunlight? Now, that's real thinking at work.

Good thing I don't think like you, or I would be thinking "Any girl using their main profile photo with sunglasses on, has something to hide, or else she's married or involved with someone."
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:43:02 PM

Obviously it can't be because they are outside on a sunny day or anything even remotely similar, that's just not logical. Just looks like some lying, deceiving, shifty behavior to me. I am surprised NOW hasn't organized some protests against this form of bad male role model bahavior.

whothehellknows;

I hear ya'. I can't believe the stupid thoughts going through peoples brains. I think the OP is a moron, and anyone that thinks this way has some serious issues to deal with, all of you should get some serious help. Sunglasses are designed to protect your eyes, and allow you to see more clearly, the design is just representative of individual style. If anyone with half a brain wanted to hide their face, I'm sure they would know a pair of sunglasses surely won't do the job. I'm wearing prescription sunglasses, on my way out on a nice sunny day, and the shot was taken by my little girl (daughter), according to the OP I guess I was trying to hide something when that shot was taken. Right? Hey, maybe I'm trying to hide the fact that I have brown eyes. If someone doesn't want to talk to me because I'm wearing glasses, then so be it. I don't want to talk to them either, because it would be a clear indication that those individuals are idiots.
 Boots168
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2009 1:01:32 AM
Yeah this guy sent me his first pic (taken some yrs back) in which he was wearing sunglasses. I wrote him and asked if he got some recent pics which show his eyes. He took off like immediately. Made me wonder if he was afraid I am gonna get jealous of his long thick lashes, almost non-existent crow's feet or what?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles