Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boatguy411
Msg: 101
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright
I gotta wear shades, I gotta wear shades

My first photos posted were outdoors wearing sunglasses and I got a lot of criticism over them. I can't see your face, I can't see your eyes. I wasn't hiding anything so I don't think you should automatically read anything into it. I said I am outdoors all the time, I gotta wear shades! But, I took my sunglasses off, now I am squinting in my main profile shot ,and even took a separate photo of my eyes. The result: the response I got both ways (incoming messages and replys to my outgoing messages) improved considerably. Can't fight city hall or a women's prerogative.
 mannyfresco
Msg: 102
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:59:58 PM
Well in my profile i got sunglasses on but I have a pic without basically to see that i have nothing to hide. I definetely understand if a guy or girl has sunglasses that assumes something to hide. Now I dont like judging people but I believe that sunglasses makes the person look cooler lol.
 limely
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 11:48:29 AM
Some people look better with sunglasses on. But If they have other pictures of them with the sunglasses off well than I dont see what the big deal would be. So long as not everysingle picture is of them wearings sunglasses.
 Joseph386
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/13/2009 12:59:30 PM
I live in South Florida. I do not think glasses are strange.
 swampbuggy1
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/13/2009 1:44:29 PM
I see a lot of woman with one pic of them wearing sunglasses on some far away vacation to some country and 5 pics of their tattoos or thier cat or thier clevage or thier kids or drunk being surounded by a bunch of drunk men.
 DelrayDesign
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/13/2009 2:53:04 PM
IF it bothers you "that much" ...then why are you "not likely" to respond...

DON'T RESPOND...Just keep it moving!!!

Why are you using your mind and energy to figure them out?

Don't you have a better way to spend your time?
 stilesgirl
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/13/2009 6:01:44 PM
I usually pass up the photos with sunglasses, I have to see the eyes.

After all, eyes are the windows of your soul!

If the women in the photo are kids, grandchildren thats fine, I see as family oriented type person.
 scottey63
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 6:07:37 PM
Lots of women with only pics of them in sunglasses, too. If I can't see your eyes, I just move on.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:20:56 AM
People wearing sunglasses in all their pictures should not be allowed. It is the same as no picture, a blank.
 SlingDad
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/15/2009 10:52:07 AM
Oy!

11 pages about sunglasses in pics?

I have pics without sunglasses in my profile, hell, I even have pics with no hat...

I live in Florida, I'm bald and my eyes are sensitive to the light. No surprises and no issues that need tissues. So sorry for those who read too much into it. Lighten up!
 whytwater
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/17/2009 4:14:15 AM

People wearing sunglasses in all their pictures should not be allowed. It is the same as no picture, a blank

But, blank's are allowed!! Lol Strange rules, where mods purge pics without enough face, but blanks are acceptable.
 cuban delite
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/17/2009 9:36:47 AM
A well balanced profile......is a good thing
 spunkybum52
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/24/2009 9:42:47 PM
Yes, I hate pictures of men if they wear sunglasses, are with other women (bad taste), and if they are with children, or if the picture is so far away that you can't even see their face. One guy messaged me and both were evident, that he had sunglasses on and his picture was so far way. I asked him what was the point of putting the pic on? He then said he would email me a closer pic. Well, the joker did, but he only showed me his nose & mouth haha. I wrote him back and told him how pathetic he was. Needless to say we never met.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/26/2009 6:56:03 AM

i asked the person why is it small? he gave me some dumb answer i didnt bother to talk to him i dont have time to squint my eyes

He might have been overly sensitive because he's heard that same question a few times before in a more intimate setting.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/26/2009 9:45:05 AM

So sorry for those who read too much into it. Lighten up!

I agree ^^^
Good Lord...sunglasses in pic= trying to hide something?...ummmm, nit-picky much?
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/2/2009 3:04:24 PM
It's only if their sunglasses have white rims do you have to worry about them being a douche.
 JohnEDeep
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/2/2009 3:24:23 PM
In the great scheme of things, sunglasses should be pretty low on the list of things to be concerned about. Don't like 'em? Don't write to 'em. Why persecute the visually challenged? I wear corrective lenses. My shades are prescription. I need them to see further than arm's length, and bright sunlight gives me headaches.

Still got a problem with that? How about I just say they keep me from going blind from the massive amount of cleavage you display. Does that indicate insecurity? For who?

For the record: Cleavage will not get any complaints from me...but I don't write to boobs.

PS Hopefully, you'll note that I did take the trouble to post a few without lenses...but that's false advertising. In real life, you'll never see me out of bed or shower without 'em.
 SlingDad
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/2/2009 4:39:41 PM
Damn, gotta scratch oobaby off my list, too.
 MusicNonStop
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/7/2009 2:00:15 PM
Lol, what a nit-picky thread. Ever thought that some people have sun glasses on because the picture was taken outside? I guess some of you would prefer a squinty-eyed photo, though.
 eclipse26
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:00:59 PM
Hey you know i don't carry a camera around with me everywhere I go. Some of these pictures were taken by others and that's probably some of the best us guys are. I'm sure i don't exactly wear what's "metro" or the color of the season either!
 sammylg
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:20:17 PM
"It's only if their sunglasses have white rims do you have to worry about them being a douche. "

Actually, mirrored Ray Ban aviators often raise my douche-bag detector.
 cfb62
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 10:49:07 AM
Guys complain they meet women who don't resemble the pics they post... and then these same guys just hide behind their sunglasses in their pics.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/3/2018 4:02:38 AM
I've wondered the same about the many men that wear shades in nearly every photo and those with hats and shades in every pic. I literally can't make a determination if I want to correspond, because I can't even tell what they look like.

It's especially common for many male profiles in nc. Nearly 90% of the guys have on shades in their default pics. I literally had 12 different guys in my inbox all with shades on in their default and I was thinking "how original" as I went to clean up my inbox.

I wonder if we wore shades in every pic if guys would still respond. Many down here don't smile either, most either look angry, mean or constipated. It's very rare to see a nice smile and a man showing his eyes.
 from site to sight
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/3/2018 7:47:20 AM
I agree, that wearing sunglasses and/or a ball cap in a profile picture is a bad idea. But on the same token, how many women (especially older women) dye their hair, and have the artificial hair color in their profile pics? Why not have a picture with you're real, natural hair color instead of a phony color? Why would women hide their hair color, but expect guys to not hide any part of their head? Double standard, anyone?
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/3/2018 8:11:53 AM

But on the same token, how many women (especially older women) dye their hair, and have the artificial hair color in their profile pics? Why not have a picture with you're real, natural hair color instead of a phony color? Why would women hide their hair color, but expect guys to not hide any part of their head? Double standard, anyone?

I'm not sure I see the connection of any double standard. With so many guys wearing hats and shades, you literally can't see their face. I mean I can't, so it's almost like they may as forgo all of the hat and shades pics, because I won't know what they look like anyway.

As far as hair dye, are you talking about the bright colors that some wear now? Like the blue, purple, pink?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles