Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dinno76
Msg: 126
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Why is it a bad idea?
 HanoverFella
Msg: 127
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 3/3/2018 11:45:51 AM
Oh puleezz, so women should post all pictures without makeup, save the shock the next morning...lol
 Dinno76
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/3/2018 12:23:22 PM
That is why I never spend the night. I wait till the lady is asleep and then I sneak out. When she wakes up I am long gone.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/3/2018 12:53:27 PM

so women should post all pictures without makeup, save the shock the next morning...lol

When the men stop hiding their****yed eyes, bad teeth, missing hairline, with all of the shades and hats.

Who are some of you having one night stands with? lol
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 10:39:34 PM
That's the difference between OLD for many women and most men. Browneyes posted that she had like 12 guys that messaged her recently who only have pictures with sun glasses and hats on. I used OLD for like two years and can count the number of responses I got back on one hand. Guys pictures with hats and sun glasses- first world problem in comparison.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/4/2018 6:17:53 AM

used OLD for like two years and can count the number of responses I got back on one hand. Guys pictures with hats and sun glasses

I think it's a common thing that I've seen women say they don't care for and I think it proves that we want to see a man's eyes, his smile, just as much as guys want to see ours. I think if most women had sunglasses on in their pics, it would amount to the same. You guys are visual and we just want to see a man's face, just as we would if we were actually being approached in person. If a guy approached me wearing shades, I'd be civil, but that's as far as it would go.
 south_city
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:51:39 AM

I think it's a common thing that I've seen women say they don't care for and I think it proves that we want to see a man's eyes, his smile, just as much as guys want to see ours. I think if most women had sunglasses on in their pics, it would amount to the same. You guys are visual and we just want to see a man's face just as we would if we were actually being approached in person.

Women wearing sunglasses on their pictures does not bother me. I have never seen a woman that I was attracted to become less attractive when she removed her sunglasses. If I was at an outdoor event on a bright sunny day and an attractive woman wearing sunglasses was interested in me, I wouldn't dismiss her because of the sunglasses. Same thing with OLD.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 133
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:31:02 AM

If I was at an outdoor event on a bright sunny day and an attractive woman wearing sunglasses was interested in me, I wouldn't dismiss her because of the sunglasses. Same thing with OLD.

That's granted, if it were an outside sunny location, but I'm referring to those that would wear shades inside, at night and under all situations.

I think that's because most women don't hide behind shades, I think women do it far less in photos, especially default photos - whereas that's one of the main things many males do is hide behind shades. Some guy even said he had far less luck in responses and I believe it as I had a bunch of messages from local guys all hiding behind shades.

There are many of us that want to see a man's eyes, his smile as those are the first things that I look at in person. Some act like they're in hiding with all of the shade photos and even wearing hats with the shades. Some will say they don't want coworkers and colleagues to see them on an OLD site - well if they do see them, that would mean they're doing OLD too.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 134
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:57:30 AM

I have never seen a woman that I was attracted to become less attractive when she removed her sunglasses.

Yes, it's a bit rare to find everything about a woman in sunglasses aesthetically pleasing, only to have her take them off and reveal she has Marty Feldman meets Steve Buscemi eyes.
 sundress1
Msg: 135
Posted: 3/4/2018 1:32:02 PM
One of my relatives had a profile on Match. He had 3 pictures of himself with sunglasses. I don't think he was intentionally trying to hide his eyes. All of those pictures were taken outdoors on bright days and he liked those pictures. I did convince him to add a picture of himself without sunglasses.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 136
Posted: 3/5/2018 3:24:35 AM

Yes, it's a bit rare to find everything about a woman in sunglasses aesthetically pleasing, only to have her take them off and reveal she has Marty Feldman meets Steve Buscemi eyes.

Pig: you are special. 😂

I did convince him to add a picture of himself without sunglasses.

Sundress: that was good you were able to convince him and hopefully it led to him meeting someone.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/5/2018 3:44:21 AM

You *just* noticed? (bats eyelashes)
 Cynderella
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 4:09:04 AM

No not Pig!
 sundress1
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/5/2018 8:37:57 AM

Sundress: that was good you were able to convince him and hopefully it led to him meeting someone.

He did get a little bit more responses from women after adding a picture without sunglasses. He hid his profile from Match after he began dating a woman from offline.
 apple2411
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 10:50:26 PM
i like to see a person's eyes, the part of someone youre going to spend the most time looking at, why don't people get this..?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/5/2018 5:37:59 AM
b/c men aren't always checking out a woman's eyes? :)

There should be a pic in people's profiles where they aren't squinting into a sun, yes. But not everyone thinks about posing for a good photo, they pick up one off someone's cellphone as they're hoisting a red Solo cup.
 ssm508
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 9:29:58 PM
People are quick to make assumptions about almost any type of picture. Pictures that have sunglasses, people from the opposite sex, alcoholic beverages, dead animals, cars, a man without a shirt etc. If you liked everything else about someone's profile, at least you can exchange some emails and see what happens. The worst result is having a first date / meeting that doesn't work out and you move on.

Also a person with "perfect" pictures that meets all of these arbitrary requirements can be hiding something as well. That picture can be old, deceptive, or even fake. The point is you would never for sure until / if you actually see that person face to face.
 sun_water
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/6/2018 6:46:37 AM
This type of thread is one of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of internet dating. Lots of overreactions and jumping to conclusions. One woman even said a man wearing sunglasses could be terrorist. SMH. I have pictures of myself with and without sunglasses. I have received compliments on both types of pictures.

I don't get suspicious of people wearing sunglasses in their pictures and think they are hiding something, married, look much different without sunglasses etc. There is a realistic chance many of their pictures are taken outside on clear bright sunny days and are their favorite pictures. They may have liked their smile, hairstyle, clothes OR the location / background in these pictures.

Wearing sunglasses isn't the same as wearing a ski mask. LOL. If it bothers someone that much, they can simply ask that person for a picture without sunglasses.
 from site to sight
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/6/2018 8:17:08 AM
Speaking of covering part of one's face: What's with pictures of people with painted faces for Halloween-especially if it's their main picture? I'm talking about people with painted faces who also have some furry animal ears or devil's horns. Sometimes you can't tell if the person is twelve years old or an older adult.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 9:24:42 AM
^^

You mean those ridiculous Snapchat lenses? There are men in THEIR SIXTIES on this site, who have used them in their photos and posted them on POF.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 11:30:31 AM
I get a lot of mail from men in their sixties.
I see a lot of the pictures when I sign in.
We're supposedly from the same area.
I've NEVER seen a man with a snapchat picture
with a little nose or ears or whatever.

You're supposedly younger than I am.
Where the heck are you seeing all these pictures
of men in their sixties with these pictures?
 MsMicki
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 11:49:07 AM
^^ Never seen one either!

I see just as many women with sunglasses on as men....
if it bothers you.... move on!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 6:24:44 PM
*starts singing*

"I wear my sunglasses at night..."

Takes me back to 1984...
 reverendswine
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/7/2018 4:19:27 AM
10 bucks says Turdsinthetoiletbowl's next post is going to be yet another anti-man rant.
 sun___flower
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 3:02:23 PM
cooldog
*starts singing*

"I wear my sunglasses at night..."

Takes me back to 1984...

Haha, I immed thought the same. Corey Hart. I can picture the video.

Btw, cooldog, do you like Stephanie Mills and/or Evelyn 'Champagne' King? I always wonder that whenever I hear them on my playlists.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles