Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ssm508
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
People are quick to make assumptions about almost any type of picture. Pictures that have sunglasses, people from the opposite sex, alcoholic beverages, dead animals, cars, a man without a shirt etc. If you liked everything else about someone's profile, at least you can exchange some emails and see what happens. The worst result is having a first date / meeting that doesn't work out and you move on.

Also a person with "perfect" pictures that meets all of these arbitrary requirements can be hiding something as well. That picture can be old, deceptive, or even fake. The point is you would never for sure until / if you actually see that person face to face.
 sun_water
Msg: 143
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 6/6/2018 6:46:37 AM
This type of thread is one of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of internet dating. Lots of overreactions and jumping to conclusions. One woman even said a man wearing sunglasses could be terrorist. SMH. I have pictures of myself with and without sunglasses. I have received compliments on both types of pictures.

I don't get suspicious of people wearing sunglasses in their pictures and think they are hiding something, married, look much different without sunglasses etc. There is a realistic chance many of their pictures are taken outside on clear bright sunny days and are their favorite pictures. They may have liked their smile, hairstyle, clothes OR the location / background in these pictures.

Wearing sunglasses isn't the same as wearing a ski mask. LOL. If it bothers someone that much, they can simply ask that person for a picture without sunglasses.
 from site to sight
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/6/2018 8:17:08 AM
Speaking of covering part of one's face: What's with pictures of people with painted faces for Halloween-especially if it's their main picture? I'm talking about people with painted faces who also have some furry animal ears or devil's horns. Sometimes you can't tell if the person is twelve years old or an older adult.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 9:24:42 AM
^^

You mean those ridiculous Snapchat lenses? There are men in THEIR SIXTIES on this site, who have used them in their photos and posted them on POF.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 11:30:31 AM
I get a lot of mail from men in their sixties.
I see a lot of the pictures when I sign in.
We're supposedly from the same area.
I've NEVER seen a man with a snapchat picture
with a little nose or ears or whatever.

You're supposedly younger than I am.
Where the heck are you seeing all these pictures
of men in their sixties with these pictures?
 MsMicki
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 11:49:07 AM
^^ Never seen one either!

I see just as many women with sunglasses on as men....
if it bothers you.... move on!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 6:24:44 PM
*starts singing*

"I wear my sunglasses at night..."

Takes me back to 1984...
 reverendswine
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/7/2018 4:19:27 AM
10 bucks says Turdsinthetoiletbowl's next post is going to be yet another anti-man rant.
 sun___flower
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 3:02:23 PM
cooldog
*starts singing*

"I wear my sunglasses at night..."

Takes me back to 1984...

Haha, I immed thought the same. Corey Hart. I can picture the video.

Btw, cooldog, do you like Stephanie Mills and/or Evelyn 'Champagne' King? I always wonder that whenever I hear them on my playlists.
 westy604
Msg: 151
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:37:10 PM
Hey I live in a very bright place...

its like the surface of the sun here...they even call it the Valley of the Sun...

damn people will whine about anything on these sites.... lol
 ssm508
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:22:56 AM

I don't get suspicious of people wearing sunglasses in their pictures and think they are hiding something, married, look much different without sunglasses etc. There is a realistic chance many of their pictures are taken outside on clear bright sunny days and are their favorite pictures. They may have liked their smile, hairstyle, clothes OR the location / background in these pictures.

Good points. I knew a woman that had 4 pictures on her OLD profile. All with sunglasses. These pictures were taken at a cookout, outdoor wedding, hiking trip, and a softball game that she was playing in on bright sunny days. She told me that she wanted pictures of her being active in different settings. Plus she liked the outfit and/or facial expressions she had in these pictures. One of her pictures also had 2 men standing next to her which was her brother and cousin. Reasonable explanations.

Yet when a man has similar pictures, some women will make negative assumptions about him. As previously mentioned, I have never seen a pretty woman wearing sunglasses become not nearly as attractive when she removed them. As far someone with sunglasses in their pictures being married or in a relationship, I would need more than very limited circumstantial evidence before I would consider that as a realistic possibility.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:35:13 AM
What's the matter with wearing sunglasses?
Who goes to Texas and doesn't wear sunglasses?
 sun_water
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/9/2018 1:59:14 PM

Good points. I knew a woman that had 4 pictures on her OLD profile. All with sunglasses. These pictures were taken at a cookout, outdoor wedding, hiking trip, and a softball game that she was playing in on bright sunny days. She told me that she wanted pictures of her being active in different settings. Plus she liked the outfit and/or facial expressions she had in these pictures.

Speaking of softball, my cousin was in a women's softball league. After one of her games, I took pictures of her and her teammates while they were still in uniform. They were wearing a white button down jersey with dark red pinstripes, red visor, and sunglasses. My cousin and one of her teammates added these pictures to their internet dating profile and quantity of emails they received went up. I guess many men liked that look on them.
 JGL209
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 2:46:19 PM

damn people will whine about anything on these sites.... lol

This is online dating where the 2-5's are picky princesses of all ages and the 10's are scammers or bots.
 ssm508
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 3:54:43 PM

Speaking of softball, my cousin was in a women's softball league. After one of her games, I took pictures of her and her teammates while they were still in uniform. They were wearing a white button down jersey with dark red pinstripes, red visor, and sunglasses. My cousin and one of her teammates added these pictures to their internet dating profile and quantity of emails they received went up. I guess many men liked that look on them.

Yes a stylish baseball or softball jersey / uniform can look good on some women. Plus men in general are probably less likely to dismiss a woman because she was wearing sunglasses or a visor on her pictures.
 sun_water
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/9/2018 7:47:07 PM

This is online dating where the 2-5's are picky princesses of all ages and the 10's are scammers or bots.

Both genders can be picky with petty things on internet dating. There are some men that refuse to date women that are about the same age or women that are a little bit overweight when these men have the same build. They want the younger and slender women.

Yes a stylish baseball or softball jersey / uniform can look good on some women.

I forgot to mention this earlier. Sometimes I would go out to eat with my cousin after her softball game. She would still be in her uniform. She would often be the center of attention. More so than when she was wearing regular casual clothes. I would see plenty of men checking her out. Even some other women would compliment her about looking good in her uniform. The moral of the story is don't immediately jump to conclusions about sunglasses when it can be a person's smile or clothes that makes looks more better.
 JGL209
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 8:39:13 PM

Both genders can be picky with petty things on internet dating. There are some men that refuse to date women that are about the same age or women that are a little bit overweight when these men have the same build.

Can't argue there. I noticed overweight people of both genders tend to not like other overweight people for romances. I get a lot of messages from women who are not a little bit overweight but outweigh me by at least 40-60+lbs. Which is weird because I stay in good shape all year and enjoy working out. I don't mind working out with someone but if I have to be a coach like on the biggest loser then it's business not pleasure.

I can only speak for myself, I prefer a woman my age or even older especially one who is fit or a little bit over weigh,t and that to me is 10-20lbs. A little pooch is adorable but being so overweight that they no longer have a feminine shape is not what i want .
Posted: 6/10/2018 7:40:29 AM
I'm wearing sunglasses in my current main profile pic because it was taken outside and I think it came out good. The rest of my pictures are mixed. About a 50/50 split with sunglasses and without.

The only time I wonder is if the woman just has one pic and she is wearing sunglasses.
 spot4username
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 8:06:44 AM

I forgot to mention this earlier. Sometimes I would go out to eat with my cousin after her softball game. She would still be in her uniform. She would often be the center of attention. More so than when she was wearing regular casual clothes. I would see plenty of men checking her out. Even some other women would compliment her about looking good in her uniform. The moral of the story is don't immediately jump to conclusions about sunglasses when it can be a person's smile or clothes that makes looks more better.

I worked in sport for over a decade. Out on the pitch before dawn and not back to my hotel until very late. My uniform depended on the location and time of year but as most were during the heat of the summer I was in a golf shirt, khaki (usually) shorts, visor or hat with a pony tail. Over a hundred degrees for the most part. I doubt that I was looking fresh as a daisy but I did my best to look presentable - after all I was in charge. I got asked out a lot and as I was single I said yes if I was interested. Of course when I showed up to dates I was dressed far more feminine and had my hair down, etc. So many men were shocked that I presented as so "girlie" when not working. It often got a giggle from me. They liked the sporty version and didn't really know what to make of the high heels and lipstick version.
 ssm508
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 8:09:42 AM

The only time I wonder is if the woman just has one pic and she is wearing sunglasses.

Having just 1 picture is a different topic. Regardless of whether a person is wearing sunglasses or not. I think a person should have at least 1 face shot and 1 full body shot. That being said, having just 1 picture isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for me though.
 cooldog65
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 6:00:57 PM

Btw, cooldog, do you like Stephanie Mills and/or Evelyn 'Champagne' King? I always wonder that whenever I hear them on my playlists.

I know a little more material from Stephanie Mills than Evelyn King. I may have to check into their discography further. Thanks for asking.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 7:50:29 PM

has something to hide or else he's married or involved with someone.

Do you think wives are unable to recognize their husbands with sunglasses on?

damn people will whine about anything on these sites

Ya got that right.
 sussex11
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/15/2018 11:25:41 AM
In reply to msg #1
I'm not paranoid, critical or zealous...there are so many ways to see if someone is hiding something. And having other women in the picture...Lol could be female family members, why so scared?
 sussex11
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/15/2018 11:37:03 AM
I like bald...it's sexy
 sun___flower
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 11:42:16 AM

I know a little more material from Stephanie Mills than Evelyn King. I may have to check into their discography further. Thanks for asking.

YW, cooldog. My favorite from Evelyn is 'Love Come Down.' One of my faves from Stephanie is 'Never Knew Love Like This Before.' I also like her 'Home' (originally from 'The Wiz.')
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles