Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is a 9 year age difference too much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Like2dance
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Is a 9 year age difference too much?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Nine years is not much as one ages. Back when I was 29 a 20 year old was about right for me. Now, at 61 I have to go more than nine years younger to find women attractive to me. For the past several years they have all been at least 20 years younger.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 102
Is a 9 year age difference too much?
Posted: 9/20/2014 7:24:07 PM

Nine years is not much as one ages. Back when I was 29 a 20 year old was about right for me. Now, at 61 I have to go more than nine years younger to find women attractive to me. For the past several years they have all been at least 20 years younger.

Another one of those guys who feels entitled to go way younger but won't consider anyone even close to his own age. I get tons of messages from guys like you on Match and I just laugh at them. None of them are attractive or anything special, yet they think that younger women age going to be into them. I am open to date guys older than me if they are in shape and active, and if I'm attracted to them, but if I see that they are only looking at women way younger than themselves, they are history right away, because it's a huge turn off for me (and many other women that I know who are online). If I"m willing to go older, then the guy better be prepared to do the same. Men still die earlier than women, so what's in it for a woman to go way older, besides being left a nice inheritance?
 Like2dance
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2014 10:04:50 AM
Just stating the facts of life ma'am, just the facts of life.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/22/2014 10:32:03 AM
^^ If you can find women to date who meet your criteria, then good for you.

Not sure your experience can be extended to be the 'facts of life' - facts of YOUR life, perhaps, but not a universal truth.

I'm with the previous poster though who automatically eliminates the older match.com guys who clearly won't consider dating someone their own age. Heck, like them I tend to prefer to date people younger than me most (but not all) of the time, but I'm not interested in someone who is asking something of me they aren't willing to do themselves. I hear from enough other people (also -- I also don't think flying solo is nearly as bad as dating someone you don't find appealing or respect).

What I find comical is often these guys will either try to bully me into accepting someone outside MY stated age range (which goes 5 year or so above my age) or they complain to me about 'older women' contacting them ... Do they not see the irony? (Rhetorical, of course they don't).
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/22/2014 8:55:29 PM

What I find comical is often these guys will either try to bully me into accepting someone outside MY stated age range (which goes 5 year or so above my age) or they complain to me about 'older women' contacting them ... Do they not see the irony? (Rhetorical, of course they don't).

Yup, I've had the same experience. They go "why won't you consider someone outside your stated age preference", and then I look at their profile and they want ONLY women who are a minimum of 10 years younger than them, yet expect me to date 15 years older. I even put a I big disclaimer in my match profile that I will absolutely not consider guys who will only date younger or up to the same age, but not even a year older. The funny thing is, quite a few guys have changed their age preference after reading this, but too little too late. They're only doing it to get me to consider them, when I know they are probably still not considering women their age or older. It's just such a turn off.

Yeah, it's not the fact of life, plenty of guys are attracted to women regardless if they are older or not. YOu can look great at any age. If someone insists on younger no matter what, it's some kind of fetish or issue, and I don't need to go there. They will probably dump each woman after a few years to go younger yet again.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/22/2014 9:16:22 PM
The only younger women that message me (even 1 year), have younger children at home.

Nuff said.

I'm totally fine dating up to 10 years older then me.

I'm not a sex addict and would be happy with meeting someone I could make out with and accepted me, warts and all (no actual warts!). I'm a face guy btw. A nice smile is eternal:)

That being said, there have been a few instances where I dated older gals who listed older men in their age preferences, so they could feel young.

Insecurity perhaps?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is a 9 year age difference too much?