Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 10
what to do with a 47 year old man?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
In all fairness to him, please try to think of him when you're WITH him or talk to him as a MAN. Period. One you're interested in or not. If you constantly think of him as an older man, I think if it were me in the situation, reversed, I'd get weary of that. And I'm not insinuating that you DO. Just saying try to put the age thing out of your mind. I have a younger man, but I don't think of him as a younger man, I think of him as a MAN. Period. One that I love deeply, but I never thought of him as anything BUT a man I was interested in. May not be a big difference to you, but it may mean a world of difference to him. Just think about it, okay?
 prolibertate
Msg: 11
what to do with a 47 year old man?
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:11:12 AM

I am concerned about sex and how i will feel about that...if it will be like havinging sex with someone closer to my age.

Speaking as one who's in his age group rather than yours, I can tell you that at 47, sex isn't any different than at 27...Either one enjoys it and is good at it, and is concerned with giving their partner pleasure - or they're not. Generally if one is selfish when young, they'll stay that way - unless they learn that a partner isn't going to stay around simply so that the other person enjoys them self and make an effort to think of the other person also.

Age is only a number; it's the person that matters, not their age. And while sex is an important part of a relationship, it should be discussed prior to engaging in it or misunderstandings can happen. Just as in any other are of a relationship, expectations are there; not talking about them can cause issues to arise that could have been prevented if they'd been discussed previously.
 Tracy99203
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:18:04 PM
If he doesnt get it the first time dont waste your time. If he does then you might have fun for a while. If he tells you he is loaded and has lots of money be sure he lets you spend it otherwise tell him to kick rocks. You can almost bet there are others as your self if he brags about his wallet. Put him to the test and be sure to use a condom. What if you change your mind? (WE ALL DO) NO HARD FEELINGS YOU OLD GUYS But be real.
 obx22
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:33:16 AM
Since your asking, you obviously have a valid concern. Ask yourself its source (What others will think, would it bother you, will you have anything in common, etc.)and go from there.
As someone who's had a wife 14 years older (10 year relationship), and 14 years younger (4 year relationship) for me love isn't based on someone's birth year. You really gotta do what right for you though, screw what others think.
Take care,
obx22
 richard4160
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:40:51 PM
I don't know what you might do with an older man all I can tell you is that my father and mother's age difference was 20+ years apart. They were very much in love and stayed married for 19 years, untill my father passed away at the ripe old age of 63. My mother lived an other 23 berfoe she left this world. So I guess it is all in how you look at it. Love no's age, color, cread or boundary. I hope what I said helps a little.
 stevelfun
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:55:42 AM
I dated a woman - (daughter of a friend) 20 years my junior.

We were great together intimately and otherwise. We had great fun filled times.

There is simply nothing wrong with it.

Yes, there is/might be some 'social stigma', but that is their problem. You two enjoy each other - go for it.
 pandora88
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/9/2006 3:28:00 AM
I've dated mostly older men. The most recent, 10 years my senior, is more mature and easier to talk to than most of the guys I've dated. He's upbeat and easy to be with. I guess it all depends on the person. Keep an open mind and throw all misconceptions out the window. As far as worrying what other people think, stop! If you're happy and share the same interests and principles, go for it.
 like2count
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/9/2006 11:51:48 AM
Hmmm... that sounds familiar... The way I look at it is: When someone else lives MY life, then I'll care what they think. Far as I know, I'm the only one living my life. I say... be happy, IF he makes you happy.
 bristle
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:01:54 PM
It really depends on the guy and you. I dated women from 25 to 45. I haven't found one over 50 yet. Until last year, all my experience with women were ones under 40 - more like 34-39. Last fall I finally went to Las Vegas with a 45 year old woman.

*added*

My current girl friend is 44 and one of the best finds of my life in all respects. Unfortunately she is married.
 bristle
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:57:14 PM
Don't do too much thinking. Let the emotions rule for a while. if you don't have the passion, then pass on it. But if you do, let it happen. It will die down after awhile anyway, so don't worry 5 - 10 years in the future. Don't even worry 6 months into the future. Go with your feelings now and just enjoy what you can.

If you overthink, you will find a dozens reasons why to and another dozen reasons why not to. Life doesn't run on logic. It runs on passion.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:06:52 PM
zgirl Showering with gifts before he's MET you?? He's a lawyer that owns a housing development, and you've already discussed what you would do as a future wife? Talk about the cart/horse story. You haven't even met the guy and already decided how you would spend your future as his wife? Geez, this is one reason I am or WAS all for meeting soon. Too long talking just leads to all these what ifs when you haven't even MET. It's fine to talk about what you have pictured as far as your future but not a future together when you haven't even met the guy. I went through similar, in talking to someone to get to know THEM not their bank account, they talk about what they own, all this materialistic stuff. Sounds like he's trying to get you to fall in love with his wallet. Sorry, hon but that's my take. He's a lawyer and if he DOES own a housing development, and does ask you to marry him at some point, expect to be asked to sign a pre-nup. Lawyers are expert at protecting their assets. Don't fool yourself. Any man that I hadn't met and was talking to me about what his future wife would or would not do...well, that makes me head for the hills!! You're way ahead of yourself, and if you're impressed with your gift shower, then better be prepared for a surprise. Just MY experience, but the guys who tried to shower me with gifts or sent flowers to my work BEFORE we ever met, those guys were much less in person than what they appeared to be. People who try to buy love and affection can't get it any other way. This just has bad experience stamped all over it. I may be wrong, for your sake I hope I am. I've just never known or seen this to be otherwise. I'm only saying this for you to be prepared. Don't be swept off your feet by anything other than a man who's amazed and wooed you with who HE is, not what he can buy for you. Or maybe I'm different, but that just doesn't work for me. Sweep me away by being YOU, that's the only way it works.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:36:23 AM
zgirl As an outside observer and from reading what you've written, that's how it appeared. If it's genuine and you really like him, I'm happy for you. I don't have to be suspicious, I'm not living it, you are. This thread is not about me, it's about you. As for me, I'm happily involved. So, if it's all good, then just go with it!!
 lust for life
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:26:08 AM
to answer your question, i say do what feels right to you...age is just a number...it's how you feel once you meet each other. so, stop worrying about it now, since you haven't even met. and, WHY is that? does this fellow live remotely close to you? or even within an hour's drive? i'm wondering why the two of you have not yet met, with all this excellent e-mail and phone chemistry. if the distance is further, why hasn't this rich guy hopped on a plane and come to your town already? i'm suspicious. also, were some of those phone calls for phone sex?

and, here's an unsolicited opinion: your last post set me off! wtf! why are you accepting $$$$ from men on the internet? do you know how that makes you look??? i'm certainly now convinced that your interest in this man is based on his wallet...so what's the big deal about his age? that is what comes with the entire package when you are a young gold-digger looking for an easy ticket (yeah, right, you'd keep working...rotflmao ). lastly, i'm sure that you are exactly what this man is looking for...a trophy.

eddie, you got it so right with that eagles song!!
 scub81
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/14/2006 11:00:43 PM
I dated a woman who was 21 years younger than me. It wasn't the age difference that ended it, I would have perfered that, but she was very intelligent we always had something to talk about, and she asked me out
 caratusa
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/8/2006 12:35:43 PM
Hi Zgirl,
Are you looking for happines...if so then I say go for it. If you are just looking for arm candy then don't waste his time. He obviously is interested and if you are also then what's your problem. Age is nothing but a number and wisdom. That could help in the long run.
 Isispriest
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/10/2006 11:13:35 PM
I'm 51 chronologically.
The last concert I went to was Our Lady Peace. But usually I prefer more Hard Core. My kids are 6 and 9 and my only batch. I still Unappologetically have a toke and pass on the beer. Some people get stuck and some don't. Age means little. Many 35 yr old guys are conservative stick in the muds politically and in lifestyle. WE don't get old until we stop changing, growing, and learning.
Wolf, I could take ya... & don't shoot me unless I go to a Micheal Buble concert.
 dfurty
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/4/2009 12:48:17 AM
I'm turning 48 this month and I have a 34 year old that wants to continue seeing me after we dated a few times, she has 3 young kids and I think that she a great woman, I just don't believe that I am ready to raise children again, I think its time for me to enjoy life with a woman that has grown kids, I think its a good thing but there are some barriers, Just go with your gut feeling and the circumstances.
 karma1160
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/5/2009 5:49:24 PM
Well your profile says you are 36 so that is only 11 years difference . I personally do not think a 47 year old is too old for a 36 but you have to be the judge of that yourself you can always put up age restrictions on your profile.
 kpooks
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 8:15:08 AM
Who cares, as long as you're interested in him and his pecker works fine (which you'll have to take him for a "test drive" to find out), what do you care?
 Helen0426
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:22:20 AM
I keep seeing this title, and I'm sorry, all I can think is, if you don't know what to do with a 47-year-old man, I have some ideas!

Given the age of the thread, I'm sure the real question has long since been resolved.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >