Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1womanman33
Msg: 234
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
A large American wild cat (Felis concolor) with a plain tawny to grayish coat, found from Canada to Patagonia.
 Cryptid.
Msg: 236
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:59:12 PM
imo 'cougars' are too stuck-up to date a younger man anyhow, always complaining or whining about age or inexperience. Have had 2 relationships with women 10+ years older than myself in the past. Neither worked out for the reason stated.
But as well from my experience most women are stuck-up or too picky about who they will even speak to, It is and always will depend on what they see with their eyes not what is seen with their heart.
 jdj7272
Msg: 237
Posted: 5/1/2012 8:19:22 PM
In the male circle, she isnt a cougar unless she is attractive, you cant just be old and call yourself a cougar.
 bootielicious
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:16:49 AM
Have you ever considered that you might need to up your game a little? Perhaps you dated them expecting them to be grateful and were surprised when they weren't? Relationships are about complimenting each other and working equally at it. You can't expect it to just happen without putting in some effort.
 packerfanman
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:36:32 PM
real world definition: a cougar is 40+ who tends to prefer or at least doesn't mind the company of younger men (as in 10+ years younger)
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 240
Posted: 5/4/2012 5:19:31 PM

I am only into younger men lol. Im not sure if this makes me one at 31 but Ill take the title in training lol

I think you actually have to be able to get a date with a younger man for the title to apply.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 241
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?,
Posted: 5/4/2012 5:33:11 PM

These are just stupid words anyway, why can't people just be people?

Yes there's all kinds of people out there who like all kinds of other people.

Who do you think came up with these words milf and cougar anyway, ignorant men did of course, and in the end it just demeans women.

but when you first hear the term about yourself from a woman (my daughter said I was the personification of what a MILF was) and I had no clue what it even meant. Pretty horrifying when you hear that particular term from your own daughter (she didn't mean it from her; she said that term was created with someone like me in mind whatever that meant; guess several of her friends commented um rather heatedly on me supposedly, though I always considered them adopted other kids ... I guess in her case she meant I was supposedly desirable to younger people (at least the ones that talked about me to her). Though the translation is incredibly coarse... and pretty disrespectful though I think it is more just meant that some people find people hot.

Both Milf and Cougar are somewhat empowering terms. We're really talking about women and aging, and women who are aging. Everyone knows that this a near-universal issue for women, and affects their self-esteem and sense of self-worth. Turning 30 is a big deal for a lot of women; at least now a woman can still look forward to being desirable well into old age.

Why? I am no better or worse whether a bunch of 18-30 year olds find me hot or don't. It does not inflate or deflate my ego... make me a better person or make me think about myself any differently whatsoever. I'm some people's type and I'm not some people's type; having a term for being a fantasy for a cross section of people is not empowering. It's a phase.

And cougar? if I actually go out with someone younger it's not for a fantasy, it's not for self worth, it's not because I'm biased against older; it's because I don't care about age if the person is interesting enough; my only requirement is that they don't want to go out with me just because of my age. It has to be person; not the dumb fantasy thing.

So maybe some people get off on it; other people it's a preference; other people it's a turnoff.

Different strokes for different folks.
 Norris239
Msg: 243
Posted: 5/10/2012 6:05:04 AM
Its Just The Maturity Of An Older Women That Gets To The Heart Of A Young Man.
Cause Most Of The Women For The 20's Age Bracket Are Immature. (Not All, Some)
I Personally Had Some Bad Experiences And Have Found The Best With An Older Companion.

Thanks,
Jacob Norris.
 GnomePunterElite
Msg: 244
Posted: 5/10/2012 10:06:00 PM
Last I checked the definition was very short in the good old Webster.. It simply says "Houston Texas"
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 245
Posted: 5/11/2012 1:14:26 PM
Isn't that a woman who's starving for younglies? Lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >