Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SummerSunLover
Msg: 71
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I think people should get over the judgmental attitudes. Go out feel good about facing themselves in the mirror because that is all that counts. For some of us age is just a number. There are so many other factors that are more important in creating a relationship.

Smartlace-youre right!

I've had my share of men 10-15 years older than me tell me that age is just a number and that their mother was 10-15 years younger than their dad and they were married for 50 yrs. But, if I date someone that much younger than me, i should be arrested.

I would date a younger guy because:
1. the guys my age are dating younger girls and wont accept messages from me.
2. I find guys my age dont really want to commit or think I want to get married after 3 dates (this is only personal experience)
3. They can be really great guys who don't propsition me after one date

The younger guys I talk to say they like older women because they are more emotionally stable and treat them respectfully. I find they actually like to listen to what I say. It could be they are more comfortable with me because I'm not playing games that girls their age play (me personally dont like to play games). Everyone has a different level of emotional stability i guess
 RobertKoi
Msg: 77
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:33:18 PM
Cougar... *laugh* Well, it's a sad, bitter older woman who thinks that by getting fu-cked by a kid makes her happier and feel younger. After all the letdowns in her life she convinces herself that no men her age want her and that only brats want her. The difference between a kid and a man is that the latter knows better and avoids garbage.

Cougars will never be accepted in the same way as older men dating younger women. That's the way it's always been. There's no reason for a brat to waste his time on an older woman. For a man however it's different since he can still get kids until virtually any age.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/18/2009 8:40:31 AM

The sad part is that NOT ALL WOMEN OVER 40 ARE BITTER MAN HATERS..it ruins it for all of us CHILDLESS women who have to deal with men our age not wanting to be with us.

I believe women and men who have never been married with no kids are the exception. Im in the same boat, no kids, never married. Im not bitter in any way at all.

Im talking about the women who have been divorced a couple times, couple kids, and mad at men that have "hurt" them in any way. They then turn around go out with younger guys, get used for sex, but its ok since they are "just having fun", yet when an older guy does the SAME thing, all of a sudden its an issue....
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/19/2009 12:07:59 AM
Hmmmmm. I don't think the term 'cougar' is the problem for those in that age bracket who enjoy the company of younger men.
I get called a MILF by my daughter's guy friends, I usually have a good laugh about it. There are a couple of her friends that constantly ask about me, and she goes between being pissed and then telling me that it's pretty cool that her friends think I'm attractive and cool to hang with when they gather here.
I am not interested in having a fling with a guy barely legal, but it's nice to hear that I'm attractive. I'd be lying if I said otherwise. And I have to admit, guys at that age are physically just wonderful to look at, all muscles and six-packs and legs to die for...mmmmmmmmmm.
But I like to fish in my own waters, and I have an amazing boyfriend who is the right age for me. So, I'm a happy camper.
Beth
 R3dh3adang3l
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/20/2009 1:23:49 PM
Okay all definitions aside....why is a woman over 40 - who never hits on guys younger than her - but gets hit on all the time by them -- called a cougar???

I think it's the term young men have started calling older women so they don't have to tell their friends they are banging their buddies mother!!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:07:07 AM

Men having been chumming up to hot young thangs for centuries and they get a pat on the back, but if we do it we are desperate aging women preying on innocent young men. WTF????

stop the pity party. If you told your g/f that your getting some sex from some young hottie as you call it. All your girlfriends would be giving you a "you go girl"....

I could care less if any 40 year old man or women for that matter is banging some 20 something "hottie"...

I just get annoyed by men and women who do this and try to sell me that they like younger men and women cause they "get along better with them"....

you get along better with them cause everyone has one thing in common.....sex...
 R3dh3adang3l
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/21/2009 12:00:44 PM
Hey Buff...no pity party here, and not doing any 20 somethings either. Just stating it like it is, and you do have a point. My friends would high five me like mad, IF I did that. All in all it's just odd that we have a name for something if women do it and not for if men do....ah the inequities we must endure, LOL!
 BlackWidowNor
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/21/2009 3:52:45 PM
What do you call a 41 year old woman who's been asked for her phone number repeatedly and decides "why not?" and ends up going out with a 24 year old?

I never realized he was 24. He's all heck of a lot more mature than some of the guys I've dated. He's polite, funny, intelligent, responsible and he makes me smile . We have the same tastes in movies as well as books and can actually hold a conversation without making obvious sexual overtures.

I laugh at my friends who call me a "cougar" because he doesn't act like a 24 year old. If you looked at him and his actions - you'd have guessed (like I did) he was in his early 30's.

Who cares what happens in the bedroom as long as it's consenting adults. I enjoy his company. He enjoys mine. If you see it as a label (whether positive or negative) it really doesn't matter unless you are the one dating them.

Besides, there aren't many people who can see "Silence of the Lambs" and "Hannibal" for what they truly are... a love story - sick and twisted... but that's what it is.

Nor
 RobertKoi
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/10/2010 2:07:28 PM
"What is the definition of a 'cougar'?"
---------
An older, horny woman who's ashamed of her own age and thinks that by hanging out with people young enough to be her children will make her younger. It's one night stand material both ways obviously, and rarely worth the trouble and possibly the drama as well. Basically I pity them as men their age no longer appeals and they make up excuses for it, too. It's an unfortunate trend as opposed to men dating younger women which has been going on since b.C. It's not even generally accepted and looked down upon for obvious reasons. But then again, who takes ONS material seriously anyway...
 broncsbuff
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/12/2010 8:51:48 AM

Like myself, there are lots of women who take care of themselves and look great in their forties. There are not that many men our age can say the same thing - certainly not enough good looking ones.

Laughable. You think more older women take care of themselves than older men?....I need some proof please. Other than your OPINION.

I`ve never chased younger men but with all the bitterness I see from guys my age perhaps it`s best I do.

Laughable. Is this really the reason why you would go after a younger man?
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2010 1:15:28 PM

Men who date younger only seem to get 'negative press' if the women is 20+ years younger and/or less than half his age. Women on the other hand cop a beating as soon as the gap is around 10 years. Totally hypocritical.

it's entirely dependent on who you talk to. i seem to read a lot of 'you go girl!' encouragement on here when women say they're dating 10 years younger or so. and likewise, men can start earning the 'unrealistic perv' label when the age gap is 10 years. you can't worry about what people think.

I rarely come across a profile of a 39yr old man willing to date a 39yr old woman. Their profiles much more frequently say the woman should be no older than about 34/5.

don't fall into the literalness trap. we all have an idea of an ideal partner that we might list on a profile. yes, some people insist on every single micro-item on their shopping list, but lots of people are more realistic and have some flexibility. those 39 year old guys who list 34/35 are still talking about their peers. few will pass on a hot, interested 39 year old simply because she's 39.
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/13/2010 4:58:47 AM
Ms Dawn you've done quite well in bringing this back to topic---the post directly preceeding yours seems more like an info-mercial for one chick and doesn't even remotely address the OP! It is hilarious though in its self-promotion attempt---kudos for that effort!

One problem so often encountered here is these terms that are tossed about willy-nilly---the almost complete lack of a universal agreement on their exact meaning says it all to me. As with so many things in the dating world the terms and words are given a bit too much weight while the intent or method is forgone. Its no wonder so many seem confused by their experiences and encounters if they rely more on such terms and words instead of the actions. Just like the term "friends with benefits" once meant casual NSA sex it has now morphed into two people being sexual with one another while having a strong bond of friendship-----yet isn't that the very definition of a relationship? LOL

And you're also correct those who practice connecting for the more sinister reason don't give a flying funt what others think---they're having their own fun!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/13/2010 6:27:01 AM

So full of put downs and still you expect us to want you with all of that brittle, superior attitude.

You claim men have a superior attitude, then you practically write a book on how women are better than men

I have never once put down a women. I just pointed out that if your gonna date younger men cause older men are jealous and jaded, that seems like a dumb excuse to me.

haven't met a man my age who really had it together all around whereas younger men are generally way fitter, more energetic, positive and they are much more fun to be around. Not so bitter and angry. Sorry but that's the truth.

Im really trying to understand you. You say you havent dated younger, but you give us all the reasons why older men, or men your age suck, then praise and go on how better younger men are. I could care less who you date, but for goodness sake if your that bitter and angry with men your age, just date younger.

I think your just as bitter and angry as the men you talk about....
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 101
Posted: 4/14/2010 8:57:13 PM
Cougar is simply a older lady that preys on younger guys, for sex and sex alone.
 Wowgasm
Msg: 102
Posted: 4/15/2010 4:13:56 PM
Who cares about what the "definition" is.. the real question should be "What territory do these creatures roam?" (joke)

As someone who regularly dates ladies in their late 30s and into their 40s, I really don't think I have ever come across a lady who acted like a "cougar" or told me they were one. Just wondering if we are discussing something that is actually seldom seen in the wild but have stories told about that are blown way out of proportion. I have heard tales of yore of ladies who once divorced discovering that their 24/7 /365 headaches disappearing and having their sex drives come back from the dead, thus going crazy with the guys but that these ladies usually calmed down after a month or two. Just wondering if we should put Marlin Perkins on the case and have him at a safe distance while Jim does all the hard work of going into jungle bars looking for the existence of these kind of cougars!
 SultryBlonde
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/16/2010 12:22:38 PM
Over age 40. Not 30. ANd, they specifically seek out young males that only have one thing to offer. And, it's generally not a yacht and mansion.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/22/2010 11:46:53 AM

Sex tourists?

^^^Is that a synonym for "cougar"? I guess everyone has their own interpretation of this "phenomena".............
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/11/2010 7:07:27 PM

Why aren't older men that are after younger women called a name too, older women who like younger men are called cougar's, older men should have a name as well? What is a good name to call them?

They had a name long before women were called cougars. They have been called dirty old men forever.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/16/2010 4:40:51 PM

Cougars are classy, confident women that already possess many of the finer things in life — but now want the young, hot guy to go with it.

Your joking right?

Im trying to understand what makes cougars classy?

Going after young guys that will pretty much stick there dingaling in anything?
 good_catch77
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/26/2010 9:23:15 AM
Cougars are dirty old women trying to get into the pants of a man that is 15+ years younger. In other words, another generation. Sorry but if men that do that are dirty old men then women are dirty old women.

Once just so see what its like or just to get back into the swing of things is not as bad as someone doing it constantly. Someone who ignores someone because they see them as old but yet they are around the same age. (5 years +/-). I see this as a problem for men and women. I don't think it should be a double standard. If its "wrong" for men to wan someone 15+ years younger then it should be the same for women. Not given a cool name like cougar or milf. Sorry that's imo. If I offended anyone, I've just got one thing to say. You cannot please everyone.

Best of luck to everyone

Rick7717
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2010 8:16:59 PM
you met my soon to be ex-wife? Was she with her 26 yr old cub? She even changed her facebook photo to "cougar"...I wanted so bad to tell her it just means "easy lay" to a college boy. I'm sure she will set a fine example for her 8yr old daughter...
 Rick7717
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2010 8:18:16 PM
and they got he finer things in life spending all their husbands money shagging young studs while their husbands are in Iraq...
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/2/2010 3:23:14 PM
Cougars do the hunting. They prey on the weak and the desperate. Though they do sometimes have
the tools to take down more formidable prey.

MILFs are the hunted. (Though the most successful Cougars may be confused for MILFs until they strike.)
They are older women who retain the ability to turn the heads of even the most discerning younger (and older)
men.

Of course, like any term that goes mainstream, these two words have been usurped by women (who don't
fit the bill or understand them) and applied willy-nilly. (Much like the word voluptuous.) Neither term really
means anything specific anymore. They are played out.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/7/2010 10:00:34 AM
The cougar is a desperate old woman trying to prove she is sexually desirable by "dating" younger men.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/8/2010 9:14:26 PM
The cougar is a desperate old woman trying to prove she is sexually desirable by "dating" younger men.

Ouch...

a woman over 40. who would like to have sex with a man who doesn't have boobs and has man parts that still work. so go sisters. i love me a young hard fine lookin man. by the way, the picture some of you paint appearance wise is way off. i'm 53. 5'5 118lbs, no fat, stretch marks, cellulite or big hair.many of you pups can't keep up. a cougar is a vibrant woman who knows what she likes and goes for it. don't hate..

It's always good to take care of oneself, and be the best you that you can be. However, tooting your own horn can set you up for criticism and a harsh reality check.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >