Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 broncsbuff
Msg: 124
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

a cougar is a vibrant woman who knows what she likes and goes for it. don't hate..

yes, your SO vibrant, your a half way decent looking chick that can get a younger man to sleep with you....WOW...what an accomplishment

im such a hater....
 RobertKoi
Msg: 126
What is the definition of a 'cougar'?
Posted: 7/31/2010 5:52:16 PM
"I have met many older women, and I get along better with them than I do with most girls my own age! They're more fun to hang out with sometimes. I used to go out to lots of pof functions, and I was always the "baby" of the crowd. I could just about get away with murder because I was charming and cute.
I've been more attracted to the older women because they appreciate a guy who treats them with respect and flatters them with compliments. I've found that a lot of the girls in my age bracket are just that! "GIRLS". They're too juvenile, and still wooed by material possessions :p"
-------------------------
That's strange indeed. Because to my mind younger women can often be MORE mature than old, washed up women who definitely don't treat younger men well at all. The reason? Simple - they don't see any future with a much younger guy, chew him up and when the flavor's gone - spit him out. And yeah, based on your post I can tell that you were one of those guys who clowned around some older chick who finally grabbed the chance to use you up because you allowed it to happen. To any guy out there I can say this: trust me, it isn't worth it, never has and never will. Anybody with some self respect looks for a man or woman who treats you with respect and I don't see that happen too often in those situations.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/10/2010 10:29:09 PM
You know that dirty old pervy learing middle aged guy that tries to kick it at a club and makes the plays on the college girls playing to his money, his car, his job?...... That in a skirt too short, make up too much, and at least one shot of tequila.
)at least locally)
 Fresh fish is best fresh.
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/12/2010 6:54:10 AM
Once again, a cougar is a large carnivorous cat..

"That in a skirt too short, make up too much, and at least one shot of tequila."

^^^I would say for the poor soul who takes that train wreck home, probably more than one shot of tequila has been taken, just so she will look more attractive, and so he won't have to use the old and prove 2 bagger method.. You know.. the one where you also have a paper bag over your head just in case the one on her head covering her warn and aged looks, falls off during the heat(or coldness) of the action... People and their cats have so much drama these days...
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/29/2010 5:59:25 AM
Technically I think it is...........

An "usually" attractive woman in her 30's to 50s who is on the hunt once again. She may be found in the usual hunting grounds: nightclubs, bars ect She will not play the usual B.S. games that women in their early twenties participate in. She will be going for the kill, just like you.

Usually fresh out of a relationship that slammed her ego..Her man went and got one much younger than her.
Or she is in exceptional shape and tired of men her age that look and feel much older than she does.

Then the mid life crisis ones that just got a 20k makeover..on the prowl cheating looking for affirmation they still have what it takes.

Over 10 years is a cougar..IMO..to many variables within 10 years.
Most say 15.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/29/2010 8:05:53 AM
I don't think that it's taken 100+ posts to figure anything out. The fact that it's a controversial, "looked down upon" and laughed at subject that few take seriously, especially not cougars neither among men OR women, makes people post comments. But yeah, if someone feels comfortable in the role of being an old, desperate cougar then fine, who gives a crap.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/29/2010 8:53:09 AM

The fact that it's a controversial, "looked down upon" and laughed at subject that few take seriously, especially not cougars neither among men OR women, makes people post comments.

"Controversial"? "Looked down upon"? It's not like the cougars are trying to screw young guys at Ground Zero. I don't understand why people get so worked up over who other people like to have sex with.

But yeah, if someone feels comfortable in the role of being an old, desperate cougar then fine, who gives a crap.

So if a woman likes older men, does that somehow make her less "desperate" or less "old"?
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 134
Posted: 9/14/2010 9:31:25 AM
It has nothing to do with the age of the woman but rather the age of the woman in relation to the age of the men she dates. If she is thirty and he is twenty eight she is harldy a cougar. If she is thirty and he is eighteen then the label is going to be applied. Different people have different ideas on how much of an age gap must exist before they start thinking of it as cougarish behaviour, or dirty old men chasing little girls behaviour.

If you want a definition of a cougar, this is mine. An older woman that is excercising her right to chase after men whose asses you can still bounce quarters off of with the same reckless abandon older men have chased women with asses you can still bounce quarters off since the dawn of time.
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 135
Posted: 9/14/2010 10:23:28 AM
whole 9 yards:

I don't do the whole cougar thing myself but, boy do I have some friends that would love to make a meal out of you! LOL
 cenomeno
Msg: 137
Posted: 9/19/2010 6:24:23 AM
Cougar is over 40, usually divorced with kids. Usedto have sucky sex life, and/her husband never made her feel sexy/hot/beautiful etc...

And now she is looking for validation, attention .... Trying to prove she is still desirable .....etc etc....

Quite pathetic if you ask me.... You meet someone younger, and fall in love ...cool. But going after only young guys because you have issues ..... Pathetic at best...

Oh and cougars having more experience is a myth. Being married and having sex to the same guy last 20 yrs doesn't make her an expert....

You want experience, go after a college chick. They are busier than a........
 venndiagram
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/19/2010 8:09:17 AM
Wow to some of these comments. I'm just not so sure why people care so much what other people do for them to be so judgemental.

If two consenting adults enjoy each other's company, whether sexually or otherwise, why should anyone else care?

I've date men younger than myself, but in situations where neither of us knew the other's age when meeting and beginning to fall for each other.

I think that makes me NOT a cougar, but what do I know?
 RobertKoi
Msg: 139
Posted: 9/19/2010 3:08:42 PM
"Cougar is over 40, usually divorced with kids. Usedto have sucky sex life, and/her husband never made her feel sexy/hot/beautiful etc...

And now she is looking for validation, attention .... Trying to prove she is still desirable .....etc etc....

Quite pathetic if you ask me.... You meet someone younger, and fall in love ...cool. But going after only young guys because you have issues ..... Pathetic at best...

Oh and cougars having more experience is a myth. Being married and having sex to the same guy last 20 yrs doesn't make her an expert.... "
----------------
I'll second that.
 mr.evil
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/19/2010 3:19:40 PM
"I don't understand why people get so worked up over who othr people like to have sex with."

Gee, I hope some of the women who support this thought, remember it when the roles are reversed and the guy is that much older! Hahahahaha!!!
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/19/2010 4:42:18 PM

Gee, I hope some of the women who support this thought, remember it when the roles are reversed and the guy is that much older! Hahahahaha!!!

Apparently I'm completely missing whatever is so hilarious. MOST relationships involve a man who is older than the woman and a 10-year age gap would hardly even be noticed. But even if it's a 40-year age gap, if they both like having sex with each other, I don't know why anybody would really care.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/19/2010 6:00:15 PM
I could care less who anybody is boinking...

I do find it funny when men and women in there 40's who like to go out with 20 year somethings try to justify it...

I refuse to beleive there is any 43 year old man that has the same interests as a 22 year old woman(except the obvious)

vice versa on the other side also...

If you like to go out younger..so be it...but dont try to convice me that you "just get along better with the younger crowd".....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/20/2010 7:24:14 AM

it does happen that people with a large age gap can have more in common than people of the same age.

there is one thing that EVERYONE has in common..and that is sex...

If your a 42 year old man who SEEKS OUT women in there 20's, um....I would be willing to bet your not doing it cause you like to go the clubs every weekend...

If your a 42 year old women who seeks out men in there 20's...I would be willing to bet your not doing it cause you like to over to his apartment with his 3 roommates and play quarters....

I know I know...I will get women in there 40's with a million stories how they met a 24 year old man that had a great job, was mature, didnt like to drink, did charity work, went to church every sunday, cooked you dinner every night..and it was the best relationship you EVER had...
 iCompanion
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/21/2010 5:11:13 PM
Here in Washington State, the Cougars are a basketball team for Washington State University. I'm not a fan of sport but have wondered if their cheer is, "now go play like a mythical sexually predatory 40 year old woman". Not much of a college cheer, is it?

I can't say I believe in the cougar phenomenon. Then again, I'm new to online dating, so there might be a subset of women who are seeking attractive younger men. If men do that, they're considered rather normal; some of the posters in this thread have said as much.

What's the point of having a whole new word to describe normalcy?
 brunediddy
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2010 8:20:10 AM
OMG this forum is hilarious....Heres the classic definition:

COUGAR:

30+ wearing an outfit she shouldn't be (cuz she doesnt wear it so well anymore LOL), at a bar/party blatantly trying to get laid.

PUMA:

same same but 40+

bonus pts... she sounds like she has throat cancer when she talks from chain smoking all night, and wearing an 80's leather miniskirt.

I think cougar came about because in a feline society, the women hunt the prey....

Anyways, don't panic though ladies, some of the fittest/healthiest/hottest women ive ever seen in my life were in their 30's and 40's... just cuz you are in that age range doesnt mean your a coug...you gotta act the part to get the label.

For guys we get called instead a

"dirty old man"

and theres no age limit really, you just gotta look old and grab a young girls ass haha
 Ayesha40
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/3/2010 5:09:20 AM
A cougar is a woman who dates younger men, or too close to her age. A man should always be at least 15 or more years older than the woman because women age faster than men. Read the bible all the men were much older than the women. God must want it that way for a reason.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/3/2010 8:14:59 AM

Read the bible

The bible also says God is faithful, holy and good, but also says God is responsible for evil....

what do you want me to believe?
 venndiagram
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/3/2010 9:05:41 AM
I think that was for purposes of procreation. If thats an issue, a younger man should not date an older woman.

Other than that, I can't see what the Bible has to do with it. Or what the past has to do with it either. Men used to beat their wives- should we still be doing that?
 RobertKoi
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/6/2010 7:22:00 PM
^^ I'm starting to wonder if you have a serious fetish about this "older woman vs younger guy" thing. No one in his right mind takes it seriously. Besides, a vast vast majority of women prefer men before inexperienced, much younger men/boys and it only makes sense.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/6/2010 8:54:26 PM
i define a "cougar" as a woman who dates/screws men(boys) which are at the very least, half a generation to a generation younger than they are...
 Ineedyounow35
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:02:30 AM
A cougar is a large carnivorous cat, that usually lives in the mountains. I thought everybody knew this.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 152
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:44:45 AM
^^Yeah, but they've migrated within our society. They are evil and having their way with young bucks..............
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >